• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
  • A heroic difficulty for Scenarios have been added and are designed to provide challenging content for small groups of well-seasoned adventurers. Completing a Heroic Scenario awards Valor points, and a chance to obtain Raid Finder quality items.
  • Players can now choose to receive loot for a specialization that's different from their current class role. This feature could be accessed by right-clicking on the character portrait and selecting the option from the drop-down list. Loot specialization is available for bonus rolls, Raid Finder, and Pandarian quest rewards.
  • All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.
  • Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
  • Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.
  • Herbalists of low skill can now pick herbs in Pandaria for a small amount of usable material. The yield an herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is determined by skill level.
  • Miners of low skill can now mine mineral deposits in Pandaria for a small amount of usable material. The yield a miner will be able to harvest from each node is determined by skill level.
  • Unclaimed Black Market Containers are now available on the Black Market Auction House. What's inside? It's a mystery! When opened, the container has a chance to contain any item that can be available on the BMAH.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

There are plenty of classes that would love to have multiple tier tokens (I'd cheerfully take as many as 4!), and if I got another weapon, I'd have one with Dancing Steel for DPS and another with Colossus for tanking.
Well I do see your point. But if they could implement the ability to not have duplicate items, they could probably also implement a way to at the same time allow it for hybrid classes. Or at least give you a filter option on whether you want to allow them. As a pure dps class, duplicate items are just annoying for me. But rogues would appreciate getting duplicate weapons I'm sure. But even if only duplicate weapons dropped, that would still be better than getting the same pieces of armor.

Cipherr

Offspec loot rolls!

As someone who hasnt played since the server crashes the day MOP went live (I bought the expansion, played day one, then quit, lol) Those notes look kinda wild. Normalizing gear in Arenas and BGs, Bad roll streak protection, lowering the absurd mana costs of buffs, baseline resilience for everyone, and Serpent Shrine Cavern changes?

Crazy.

Interesting that the voidbinders are returning for 5.3 and gear cost less valor to upgrade as well. Now if only they'd boost that weekly valor cap to 1500. I don't think 500 more valor per week is that unreasonable personally. Oh I spent all last night killing Nalash Verdantis and on my last attempt before going to sleep at like 9am he dropped the waterstrider pet. In between spawns I would switch to my rogue. Finally got him to level 90. Let the ghost iron lockbox opening commence.

ZenaxPure

Has anyone read this? Never checked out any of the comics or books before, saw this at a bookstore today and picked it up.

I wish they had the Death Knight one :(

I dunno, I have given up on Knaak since Stormrage which is without a doubt one of the worst books I've ever read in my life, this appears to have been published after that book so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If you want a good comic/manga in the WoW universe you should check out the ongoing (might be ended now? Can't recall) main comic series thingy. It is a set of a few story arcs that explains some of the unexplained stuff in early WoW and then goes a long way of setting up the events of cataclysm. Really, really entertaining and this is coming from someone not actually that fond of manga/comics in general.

Besides, who doesn't want to see a draenei/human/orc hybrid who is the son of a shape shifting zombie and half breed alien?

Supposed to be a new pvp blog soon.

I don't really pvp much or anything but my knee jerk obvious reaction is they want to focus more pvp power and this seems like a way to make people in heroic raid gear fairly useless compared to people in actual pvp gear. Still, looking forward to reading the blue post.

Westlo

I don't really pvp much or anything but my knee jerk obvious reaction is they want to focus more pvp power and this seems like a way to make people in heroic raid gear fairly useless compared to people in actual pvp gear. Still, looking forward to reading the blue post.

Pretty sure that is already the case.

ZenaxPure

Pretty sure that is already the case.

Well I assume this will take it to an even bigger extreme since any loot above normal mode HoF and Terrace gives no extra benefits at all. Though like I said I don't really pvp, were people in full heroic gear running around in pvp exploding people or something?

ch0mp

Well I assume this will take it to an even bigger extreme since any loot above normal mode HoF and Terrace gives no extra benefits at all. Though like I said I don't really pvp, were people in full heroic gear running around in pvp exploding people or something?
It was possible for some heroic ToT gear to beat the best PvP gear for some classes.

This change should mean you won't get slaughtered as badly starting up pvp because everyone will have similar res.

Westlo

Lol @ that monk daily giving an hour of 50% more xp no longer capping at two hours, but at twenty four now.

Time to get to level 20..

ZenaxPure

Holy crap Blood DKs are so strong, I mean, I knew they were strong just from the tales you hear from people, but man... I hit 90 on my DK 2 days ago, farmed enough tokens to get him revered with everyone (exalted with klaxxi/lotus) and after getting 3 items in MSV lfr and buying a VP trinket I went out and managed to solo my first Warbringer.

Like, his equipped ilvl is only 460 and that isn't saying much because he still had some green gear when I killed my first one. Absolutely insane but amazing at the same time.

But hey, more importantly the second Warbringer I found was riding a Slate Direhorn and I managed to get it! Without a doubt my favorite out of the Direhorn mounts so it was pretty awesome to get it. Only 3 more left ;)

0QOkcfk.png

ZenaxPure

I hate you, I'm nearing 30 kills and no mount yet :(.

Also, congrats!

Well now you're just scaring me lol, because I know I won't be able to stop myself until I have them all, HOW WILL I GET TO 200 MOUNTS OTHERWISE. I assume the drop rate is absurdly low and I got pretty lucky.

ZenaxPure

Is there still chances of this game getting a visual overhaul? engine upgrades, character remodelling and so on?

Technically the engine gets updated all the time, but yeah there are new character models coming, rebuilt from the ground up.

Honestly though all the new models from cata and mop look quite good, it's actually gotten to the point where it's quite jarring to see a vanilla model in comparison to stuff like Panda/Worgen/Goblin models, which is probably one of the reasons new models are coming.

Cipherr

Is there still chances of this game getting a visual overhaul? engine upgrades, character remodelling and so on?

They advance the texture work on the environments and gear a lot. Most, if not all of it is high res by now compared to vanilla, its just the character models at this point that need the update, the landscape and whatnot looks great.

They have done a good job at improving it all as each expansion rolls out.

Rokam

So for the first 80 levels on my hunter I leveled as BM, decided to check out Survival, feels so much better than BM, would have switched sooner if I had known! Wish more pet types gave the crit buff though. Don't really like the way any wolves look (using one of the new ghost wolves).

ZenaxPure

Seriously fuck people, Blizzard really needs to apply the taunt fix to every single rare spawn, had some dumbass level 87 warrior trolling me on a Warscout a bit ago. Shit is annoying and should seriously be a bannable offense, harassment is against the TOS last I checked.

So for the first 80 levels on my hunter I leveled as BM, decided to check out Survival, feels so much better than BM, would have switched sooner if I had known! Wish more pet types gave the crit buff though. Don't really like the way any wolves look (using one of the new ghost wolves).

I always thought of Survival as the lazy chillin' spec in Cata since when I changed to it from marks like half my bars were empty, haven't tried it in MoP yet because I actually like BM at max level. That said I actually prefer marks over both of them but BM is super handy for having your own heroism at will.

They advance the texture work on the environments and gear a lot. Most, if not all of it is high res by now compared to vanilla, its just the character models at this point that need the update, the landscape and whatnot looks great.

They have done a good job at improving it all as each expansion rolls out.

It's actually pretty funny, water at max settings in WoW now looks better than water in a lot of current gen games lol. Always threw me off at how good it looked when they updated it in Cata.

Sciz

Well now you're just scaring me lol, because I know I won't be able to stop myself until I have them all, HOW WILL I GET TO 200 MOUNTS OTHERWISE. I assume the drop rate is absurdly low and I got pretty lucky.

Wowhead gives a 4-6% range depending on color, which I assume is going to settle at 5% across the board over time. Not the worst chance ever, but rare enough.

TheYanger

To be fair, that actually makes the chance to get one decent (whichi is more in line with what you tend to observe in game), just getting all 3 is going to be awful.

ZenaxPure

The worst part of it all is the next 3 warbringers I saw up were all riding Slate direhorns. Given that my DK's gear is still on the low end of things I didn't want to fight them so I just left them, besides, may as well let someone else have a shot at that amazing mount.

Paid off though, I went up to the isle of giants to start working on my bone collection and my second dinosaur kill had an egg on it. Only bad part is that the eggs appear to be unique so I just called it quits, will go back for more when it hatches. Wanted to get some other stuff done anyhow.

cdyhybrid

Tempted to make my DK my second 90. He's already 85...I'd like at least one other character at 90 so I don't have absolutely nothing to do after hitting the Valor cap. I also have a Warrior at 80 and a Rogue at 75.

FYC

Banned
Tempted to make my DK my second 90. He's already 85...I'd like at least one other character at 90 so I don't have absolutely nothing to do after hitting the Valor cap. I also have a Warrior at 80 and a Rogue at 75.

Join usssssss. We have death grip. Death grip!

and glowy blue eyes

How do Frost (2H) and Unholy compare to each other, playstyle-wise? Is one harder? One more carpal-tunnel inducing? etc. I'd probably have Blood as my offspec.

I've always liked Unholy, it's like playing the melee warlock of my dreams, but I've had a lock since 2004 so I'm partial to that. Frost is about massive hits. Neither are really hard, and probably equally carpel tunnel inducing =P

cdyhybrid

I've always liked Unholy, it's like playing the melee warlock of my dreams, but I've had a lock since 2004 so I'm partial to that. Frost is about massive hits. Neither are really hard, and probably equally carpel tunnel inducing =P

I like massive hits :O From my reading it sounds like Frost doesn't require you to manage a permanent pet, either. I'll probably go with that.

Rokam

I always thought of Survival as the lazy chillin' spec in Cata since when I changed to it from marks like half my bars were empty, haven't tried it in MoP yet because I actually like BM at max level. That said I actually prefer marks over both of them but BM is super handy for having your own heroism at will.

I will say that A Murder of Crows is annoying as hell, 60 focus while everything else on that talent tree level requires no focus and has a shorter cooldown.

With BM I ran into the trouble of not having enough keybindings, at least ones that felt comfortable. I'm using a normal 2 button mouse, and while people say bind stuff to scroll up/down on the mousewheel I spend way too much time zooming in and out that'd it be hard to break the habit.

TheYanger

How do Frost (2H) and Unholy compare to each other, playstyle-wise? Is one harder? One more carpal-tunnel inducing? etc. I'd probably have Blood as my offspec.

Frost is a reactionary spec based on utilizing procs correctly and quickly. Unholy is a spec where you have to really set your burst periods up 15-20 seconds in the future. They're similarly challenging just different ways.

I really dont like unholy, I find it abit of a mess, atleast compared to Frost. That or maybe I just like to consistency of it? Think the biggest hit at ilvl 475 is around 230k I think?
This is just what Ive noticed happen anyway!

Burnt all my gold charms today as I could run higher raids, now got the T14 4 set but the loot rolls gave me a belt not worth swapping and the same hand token i had just won :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just hopped back on the train after a few month absence. Was just under 480, did a Terrace LFR and now I'm all caught up for new stuff.

My only 90 is a warlock, so of course I've been mostly parked in thunderland trying to kill every rare that spawns to get my stupid green fire book. All the nice looking 5.2 textures/models of dinosaurs make me want to get my hunter to 90.

ZenaxPure

With BM I ran into the trouble of not having enough keybindings, at least ones that felt comfortable. I'm using a normal 2 button mouse, and while people say bind stuff to scroll up/down on the mousewheel I spend way too much time zooming in and out that'd it be hard to break the habit.

This is why I spent a decent amount of time looking for a mouse and settled on that 13 button steel series one :p (well, mostly because it came with custom WoW software). But, it is really weird for hunters since you have a bunch of traps and crap and just clicking on traps to use them is no way to live life.

Only gets worse as you go really, especially with the level 90 talents, took me a while to find a good keybinding for them frankly because they don't add anything to the rotation and are more just random buttons you hit when they are off cooldown. Not a fan of any of them.

ZenaxPure

If blizzard don't rework talents (yet again) I expect them to address the ability bloat next xp.

Yeah, I know they recently said they failed at getting rid of some of the bloat this expansion (which is sad because in a case like hunters they made it worse). I think it's half and half, like, I feel like my warrior doesn't really have any bloat anymore (and they even removed an ability this patch) and he has plenty of room for keybindings, same for my mage as well. With my rogue I feel like I have a lot of buttons but the core rotations for each spec is like 4-5 buttons tops, all the other things are utility.

I mostly just want them to get rid of all these abilities that don't add anything to the rotation, which in a lot of cases do end up being talent abilities, hunter, priest, and paladin all have level 90 talents that are just buttons you hit on cooldown. Not cool, blizzard, not cool.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any reason why view distance has such an impact on my framerates?

I mean... going from a View Distance of "High-Good-Fair" to "Low". I go from 30-35 FPS to 55 FPS... And i sure dont want to play with that settings. I mean, i got 8gb of ram, a GTX 560ti GPU and a AMD Phenom II X4 3.2 ghz CPU... what more would i need? =/

Hm, putting Liquid details to Low also seems to greatly help... sucks that i have to sacrifice details like that to get good framerates in such an old game...

Dk is either a bigger death grip, a trash stun or a pvp talent. I was expecting some badass cleave or something.
Why did they get rid of blood sheild? Thought that was neat.

Dk is either a bigger death grip, a trash stun or a pvp talent. I was expecting some badass cleave or something.
Why did they get rid of blood sheild? Thought that was neat.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the 90 talents. One of them should have been Shadow Trap, if they're into giving us LK things like Remorseless Winter and Soul Reaper =D

Tamanon

Banned
I love my Frost DK personally, but yeah, I only PvE and honestly can't remember which 90 talent I even picked. I just never use it.

ZenaxPure

Yeah all 3 are pretty meh, luckily the one that gets you out of fear is at least useful for Warbringers when ams and lichborne are on cooldown.

I'm majorly jealous of DK's and what they can do solo-wise. And then I'm mad at myself for never leveling one up. I'd be all gung-ho to level one to 90 right now, but i just got done grinding through levels 25-90 out on my rogue and feel massive burnout. I know a lot of people enjoy the leveling experience, I just want to get to max-level and be done with it. And I can't do recruit a friend because a DK starts out at 50 or 55 and you have to be within 4 levels of the friend you recruited to get the bonus exp... now im sad :(

Westlo

I'm majorly jealous of DK's and what they can do solo-wise. And then I'm mad at myself for never leveling one up. I'd be all gung-ho to level one to 90 right now, but i just got done grinding through levels 25-90 out on my rogue and feel massive burnout. I know a lot of people enjoy the leveling experience, I just want to get to max-level and be done with it. And I can't do recruit a friend because a DK starts out at 50 or 55 and you have to be within 4 levels of the friend you recruited to get the bonus exp... now im sad :(

Level another character to 50 with RAF toon
Switch out that character and use DK from that point onwards.

Sciz

Roll a brewmaster and don't look back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I love my Frost DK personally, but yeah, I only PvE and honestly can't remember which 90 talent I even picked. I just never use it.

I use Desecrated Ground to escape PvE stuns and bonds, etc., but I'm human so I have EMFH as it is.

Level another character to 50 with RAF toon
Switch out that character and use DK from that point onwards.
Roll a brewmaster and don't look back.
I may end up doing just that. I've got a DK started with an awesome name lol.
Check it out!
i hate everyone thats gotten that mount. It will never drop for me im sure of it
I can't even get the Raven Lord mount to drop. I know ive killed that boss over 100 times too. Recently I've started killing it with multiple toons. Should have been doing that a long time ago i guess. I get so lazy though. My expectations of certain mounts never dropping demotivate me from even trying on some days. The past few weeks i haven't done the eye or tempest keep. It's kind of like what is the point. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to mount farming lol because I'm so negative. Occasionlly I'll go into ZG and kill the panther boss. That's another mount I'd really like to possess at some point.

Rokam

Dinged 85 on my hunter and decided to look for Savage... and success! Now to try and get the 420 epic crossbow to drop off the rare in Jade Forest.

Edit: Just realized I got next to no leather leveling through Cata content, going to end up spending the next 4-5 hours farming leather... NOooooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom