• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

So lvling my warrior (still no second proff)

SMF vs TG (Fury spec)

I am questing and I have 2x 2h..some quests give out some STR 1h..should I pick those up? OR just wait til heroics?

Neki

lost three items to druids in heroics day

glad druids are rolling on shit for their off spec, druids are the fucking worst party members, with 3 off specs, I'm glad they're rolling on everything

being a tank is so much easier than being a dps class in heroics

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why is my DK blood elf female zoomed out far on the selection screen?

Some are zoomed in quite a bit closer.

I wanna be closer to her. To feel.

RPGCrazied

So I have all the mats except for the orb of mastery, with 14,700k. So close now I can taste it. But now I think I want the ruby one. What are the chances of trading 20 wild jades for 20 primordial rubies?

Fjordson

Are onyx eggs nerfed bad or something? I wanted to find like my first one but it isn't happening.
Haha, seriously, I want to find just one. I have no problem waiting longer and just doing dailies since I don't feel like looking constantly every day, but I'd love to be able to say I found at least one egg.

My server is usually high pop so it's a lost cause during the day and in the evening, but even a few hours ago (4:30 AM server time) I was flying around the area for a while and didn't see a single one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ugh... not in the mood today ._. first day is non-enthusiastic as a guildless...

Trickster

Are onyx eggs nerfed bad or something? I wanted to find like my first one but it isn't happening.

People are willing to pay several thousands of gold per egg on my server.

Blizzards kneejerk reaction to the overabundance of onyx eggs, simply lead to them being stupidly hard to find. I've tried searching for an egg several time, at different times during both the day and night.

Personally I've only seen an egg once, which I couldn't loot, but someone else could. After that I stopped trying.

Fjordson

Ugh... not in the mood today ._. first day is non-enthusiastic as a guildless...
=[

From what I read about your situation before, it sounds like this'll be better for your enjoyment of the game in the long run, so that's always a good thing.

This isn't quite the same, but I remember leaving my guild towards the end of Wrath, even though they were mostly good people. I was our best geared hunter and felt pressure to keep up perfect raid attendance to keep up progress. But then I ended up buying a house and moving because of my wife landing a big new job and I started to get a bigger workload from my own job. Became too much to handle after a while. I was pretty stressed and it made the game start to feel like a job for me, which was crazy. Just had to remove myself completely. I actually think that burned me out in a big way and was part of why I quit so early on during Cata.

My own fault really. Should have realized right away that I couldn't keep up that level of commitment.

Fjordson

Yeah, I have no desire to join a guild right now, and probably won't for the foreseeable future since I'm not really interested in intense raiding.

Berordn

New cinematic data-mining on MMO Champion? Spoilers!

Illidan was a good guy all along and sought to remove the corruption from both the Blood Elves and his demonic hordes. Doomguards were once servants of the titans. Pandaria has... something to do with warlocks after all.

Hard to tell without the rest of the scenario and supplemental context, but it looks like they really are painting the character in a better light for a revival, and phoning in the last bit to make some sort of connection with the Mogu.

Which means that the Mogu are titan constructs akin to the Tol'vir that refused to lie dormant after the old god they had been keeping watch on was killed, succumbed to corruption of power and took over Pandaria. Which explains their large collection of Titan artifacts in their possession and their innate knowledge of converting flesh to stone and vice versa.
</crackpot theory>

Fjordson

I can't imagine not being in a guild. Dem perks.
That's true. I should have clarified that I do have characters in guilds for the perks (especially the BoA gear) but they're all very clearly just massive collections of random people who are also there for the level 25 perks :lol

They probably aren't in the spirit of what an MMO guild is supposed to be, but it's unavoidable I think with the guild rewards system.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I have a lvl 25 guild to myself basically. I dethroned the gm, a friend, so no one else would and I'm just keeping it the same until the day people return and I'll turn it back over. Knew them since vanilla Not even touching the gold.

Not really interested in normal or heroic raiding right now. Or I'm not interested on searching, applying, xfering, or competition for a raid spot.

Maybe I can Gdkp pug in the future.

But yeah gotta have dem perks.

My monk is in a spam guild since I can't invite myself.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Which means that the Mogu are titan constructs akin to the Tol'vir that refused to lie dormant after the old god they had been keeping watch on was killed, succumbed to corruption of power and took over Pandaria. Which explains their large collection of Titan artifacts in their possession and their innate knowledge of converting flesh to stone and vice versa.
</crackpot theory>

Why would the Titans leave the Mogu around after they killed the old god? It was one of them who did it, so unless they were in a full retreat as it happened wouldn't they have done something with the Mogu?

Just talkin with info that we already know. IIRC the origin of the Sha was explained very recently so I don't think that'd make much sense.

I want to know why the mists protecting pandaria suddenly fell. Was it because of the Cataclysm?

Anyone in this thread play warlock?

Trying to decide if I want to take my lock or my rogue to 90 first.

I like PVE and PVP, rogue changes look pretty solid. Haven't paid any attention to lock changes yet.

Tamanon

Banned

I like PVE and PVP, rogue changes look pretty solid. Haven't paid any attention to lock changes yet.

It's starting to look like this is the Warlock expansion, at least lore-wise!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Great, i only need 1000 more rep for the Order of the Cloud Serpent... now knowing my luck with eggs, it's probably better to wait for tomorrow for more dailies rather than looking for the eggs.

Edit : Hey look, i just found an egg! Guess i'll look for another..

Edit 2 : Yay, golden cloud serpent!

JCizzle

I'm playing a Lock and I love what Blizz did with them. There is a ton of diversity between the three specs and they have some amazing new spell effects in all three specs.

Plus, green fire may be finally coming. Enough said.

Berordn

Why would the Titans leave the Mogu around after they killed the old god? It was one of them who did it, so unless they were in a full retreat as it happened wouldn't they have done something with the Mogu?

Just talkin with info that we already know. IIRC the origin of the Sha was explained very recently so I don't think that'd make much sense.

I want to know why the mists protecting pandaria suddenly fell. Was it because of the Cataclysm?

I'm not sure if any of this is actually spoilers since it's all based on in-game evidence and some speculation, but...

The Titans have historically left their creations as guardians in each of their important sites. The Earthen in Uldaman, who are the ancestors of all the modern-day Dwarven clans, the Tol'vir in Uldum, who were mostly likely tasked to keep watch over both the Halls of Origination and the imprisoned C'thun in the neighboring Ahn'Qiraj, and a large number of Earthen and Mechagnomes as well as the Watchers in Ulduar.

Mogu'shan Vaults is an interesting case though. It contains a number of Titan artifacts, one of the engines which were used in their reshaping of the world as well as a forge akin to the one in the Halls of Stone, used to pump out a large number of Mogu Simulacra warriors... who look identical to the "real" ones. The Titans have historically made their landmarks fit the environment that they are created in, so if the Mogu didn't remodel the structures to suit their tastes, it may have been built as such by the Titans, which the Mogu would then use as the base for their own architecture.

So, there's two real possibilities here. The Mogu are creations of the Titans, who upon their departure, turned against their instruction and used the relics they left behind to forge an empire, or the Mogu stumbled upon the Titan artifacts in Kun-Lai purely by chance, and tampered with them for their own ends.

We know that the Sha are the remains of the old god Y'shaarj, in some sense. We don't know much about him, if he is in fact the unified form of every old god, whose death split him into other powerful beings, or if he was just one who was killed and cursed Pandaria, but he was worshiped by one of the ancient insect kingdoms, as the Quiraji did with C'thun and the Nerubians did with Yogg'Saron. There are titan facilities near each of the known old gods, and even when we face them in-game, it doesn't actually keep them down for long. C'thun's been active behind the scenes since his defeat, empowering Cho'gall to assist the Twilight's Hammer to bring about the Cataclysm (and there were some plans for a return to Ahn'Qiraj in Cataclysm that never came to be). Yogg'Saron might also be somewhat active, if the Puzzle Box ends up being a little more than just a toy.

We don't really know what caused the mists to fall, just that the fact that they were there in the first place apparently has dark origins and involves the last emperor of Pandaria, Shaohao making a deal with dark powers. It might be related to all the warlock and demon happenings coming about, which would make some sense since Pandaria was hidden from the world sometime before the Sundering to protect them from it.

RPGCrazied

Woot, what a morning to wake up to. First run doing the headless horsemen. I get this.

HHHelm.jpg

The Horseman's Horrific Hood
Binds when picked up
PlateHead
4104 Armor
+934 Strength
+1094 Stamina
Meta Socket
Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +180 Strength
Requires Level 90
Item Level 470
Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 526.
Equip: Increases your hit rating by 401.
Use: Let the Horseman laugh through you. (30 Sec Cooldown)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, time to log in and do dailies... I guess.

Yoshichan

Nice :3 just got my 489 necklace-reward from Golden Lotus exalted.

Yoshichan

The Heart of Fear-raid pre-hype gave me goosebumps.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nice :3 just got my 489 necklace-reward from Golden Lotus exalted.

Grats. I am 1 rep from being Revered with them lol

I should be Golden Lotus exalted tomorrow! ^_^

The Heart of Fear-raid pre-hype gave me goosebumps.

I am quite looking forward to it.

Right after I finished the Klaxxi quests where
The Empress queen chick comes and kills them all
I was all like "OH SHIT! THAT BITCH KILLED EM ALL!" and I immediately got hyped.

Can people share their Win/Loss experience in BGs? Which faction are you?

Horde's pretty much losing 80% of the time for me. I really want to roll alliance.

Even looking at WoW Rated BG stats, it's like a 2/3 ratio in favour of Alliance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/bat...n=&minRating=2400&maxRating=3000&specType=all

So far, I am 0-3 in Temple of Kotmogu, 1-0 in Silvershard Mines. That's all the PvPing I've done.

Core Zero

Can people share their Win/Loss experience in BGs? Which faction are you?

Horde's pretty much losing 80% of the time for me. I really want to roll alliance.

Even looking at WoW Rated BG stats, it's like a 2/3 ratio in favour of Alliance.

Haven't done many in MoP yet, but so far Horde hasn't been bad for me... Got AB perfection last night in a random actually.

Overall I'd say I'm a little under .500 in BGs, really good in WSG and TP though, I queue as a tank/healer combo and we win more often than not. AV is generally awful for Horde because the standard Zerg favors Alliance.

Yoshichan

Can you take the Undercity rep buff more than once a day?

Yoshichan

Phew, I was so worried because time was running out on the buff and I had not completed the August Celestial dailies :lol

Nice, thanks!

edit: Okay, so the healing trinket you can buy from Shado-pan revered is actually ridiculous. Fucking VP cost, man.

Milly79

So, I was able to get my account back.

One thing SWToR got right was the fully customizable UI. I wanted to kind of replicate that as it's what I'm used to. Any suggestions?

TheYanger

So, I was able to get my account back.

One thing SWToR got right was the fully customizable UI. I wanted to kind of replicate that as it's what I'm used to. Any suggestions?

Oh man, you definitely didn't play wow to its fullest when you played before. Go to wowinterface or curse.com and check out mods. SWtor is downright barebones compared to what you can do with wow.

Milly79

Oh man, you definitely didn't play wow to its fullest when you played before. Go to wowinterface or curse.com and check out mods. SWtor is downright barebones compared to what you can do with wow.

Yeah, I was around during WoTLK, but I wasn't hardcore into it. I'm so far behind and it's a ton to digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom