• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Forget all that, though, what does this mean?

badRobot.jpg

Why is there a Bad Robot model? Some collaboration with JJ Abrams?

JJ Abrams to make the WoW movie confirmed.

pantsmith

As someone who plays a goblin, I'm praying that
half of the goblins side with Her Tallest, who becomes the new goblin racial leader. Gallywix is an insult to the Horde

Sorry guys.

I've played both sides to max level, but my blood runs blue for Pandaria.

Jaina Proudmoore deserves to end Garrosh, and if she doesn't get the kill, I will cry.

For The Alliance.

Ultratech

Looking at latest stuff for 5.3:

-Faerie Dragon looks kinda cool. Very colorful.
-Looks like they're adding more pets to old raids (BC Raids this time!)
-Another 24 slot bag (not made I assume)!
-I'm guessing some major stuff is going down in Northern Barrens?

7th Sha:
Sha of Pride

Kinda assumed it was gonna be something like that. Good to see I wasn't off the mark. :D

I'm going to be mega pissed if we don't get to fight Y'Shaarj, just like we didn't get to fight N'Zoth.

I doubt we will unless he somehow comes back to life. Or even then, it'd probably be something like an Avatar of Y'Shaarj.

Though not fighting N'Zoth was kind of a copout. (Just like how the Vashj'ir stuff and Neptulon ended up being a hanging plot thread.)

Clipse

Anyone else have the feeling the Faerie Dragon mount is going to be sold in the pet store? Either that or maybe a reward for the 200 mount achievement.

Berordn

I doubt we will unless he somehow comes back to life. Or even then, it'd probably be something like an Avatar of Y'Shaarj.

Though not fighting N'Zoth was kind of a copout. :|

Considering C'Thun had considerable sway over the events of Cataclysm and he's been "dead" for years, Y'Shaarj is probably waiting around with N'Zoth for the right time to kill everyone.

I feel like Madness was supposed to be our Old God fight for Cata, but it was... underwhelming to say the least.

Anyone else have the feeling the Faerie Dragon mount is going to be sold in the pet store? Either that or maybe a reward for the 200 mount achievement.

It's a location-scaling mount, odds are good that you're right. Apparently an armored dragonhawk is the reward for the 200 pet achievement but that's also pretty underhwelming.

The faerie dragon is DISGUSTINGLY cute though, so that might have to be the one I finally take the plunge for.

Ultratech

Finally got A Test of Valor done. 6000 VP gone by...

Took a few months? (Hell, I kinda lost track.)

Now I gotta kill that Twinbraid dude and win some PvP (hope my battlegroup can do something better than sucking for about an hour).

Slayerx

So excited about tri-spec. It sucks playing as a tank/healer but then wanting to do stuff like Brawler's guild but ummmmm WTB quad-spec because I wouldn't mind trying boomkin :p

Only 1k Valor left for that stupid quest.......I hope I can catch up quickly and do the new legendary quests as soon as 5.3 hits.

It's probably way too early but there aren't any daily quests datamined? Could it possibly be.... I do like the filler patch team more than the major patch team though, Thunder Isle is fun but Krasarang dailies were superior and I can't wait to see how they evolve that concept for 5.3

Rokam

There's some new stuff in Northern Barrens but so far no dailies, I'm sure there will be because I think Vol'jin has a new faction, but just one of those "Friends" factions.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hate bursting your bubble, but neither of them are actually that rare. It's to get you to lower your guard for the Aquamarine battle tank.

I got that in 33 Tol'vir solves.

ZenaxPure

Considering C'Thun had considerable sway over the events of Cataclysm and he's been "dead" for years, Y'Shaarj is probably waiting around with N'Zoth for the right time to kill everyone.

I feel like Madness was supposed to be our Old God fight for Cata, but it was... underwhelming to say the least.

You crazy, Madness was like the only awesome fight in Dragon Soul :p

But yeah, I don't think there is supposed to be an old god fight every expansion, didn't have one in TBC either. I'm hoping it's an every other expansion kind of thing. So fingers crossed Y'shaarj jumps out at the end!

Also on the topic of N'zoth, personally I am pretty convinced that he will be involved with Emerald Dream stuff whenever Blizzard gets around to it, for as absolutely awful as the Stormrage book was it made a pretty big point out of the ending that we had only scratched the surface of the Emerald Nightmare. The main antagonist of that book is
Xavius
and basically right at the end as Malfurion "solves" that problem he realizes he was only a pawn of "an ancient evil" who was actually in charge of the emerald nightmare and they literally use the phrase "The day had been saved... this other war would have to wait for another, better, time." while sectioning off the part of the emerald dream they had saved from everything else.

So, they don't actually mention N'zoth by name in the book but we all know what they are talking about when they mention "ancient evils" and chances are N'zoth was the source of all that.

Trickster

Do most tanks choose to hit Expertise hard cap? I did some calculations and found that it would be a small, but useful, increase in single-target Rage generation and DPS, but a much larger improvement in AOE threat and DPS. It seems like a no-brainer, but if I found the gear to do it, I could go even more extreme by hitting the special attack expertise hard-cap, which is 15.50% (but only applies to melee special attacks like Mangle, Blood Strike, etc). I don't think that would be strictly necessary though.

As a warrior tank, you really want to hit expertise hard cap if your gear is good enough. It allows you do to generate more rage, which in turn can be used to spam shield block and shield barrier more, thus reducing your overall dmg taken.

Eh my primal egg hatched into a second black raptor (boo...). Went back and got a third egg on like my 6th kill. I'm wondering if they buffed the drop rate.

ZenaxPure

Eh my primal egg hatched into a second black raptor (boo...). Went back and got a third egg on like my 6th kill. I'm wondering if they buffed the drop rate.

Mine is going to hatch in about 4 hours, so I will be heading back to see about getting another. I wouldn't mind a buffed drop rate anyhow given it's a lottery system.

Okay so I want to start power leveling a DK through LFD as blood, but i have no idea how to play one. I was practicing on dummies and the rotation seems really clunky. I don't know how to make efficient use of the runes. Is there a good rotation to use at lower levels? I'm not 60 yet so i am missing some helpful abilities like death and decay and heart strike.
Mine is going to hatch in about 4 hours, so I will be heading back to see about getting another. I wouldn't mind a buffed drop rate anyhow given it's a lottery system.
yeah same.

TimeKillr

As a warrior tank, you really want to hit expertise hard cap if your gear is good enough. It allows you do to generate more rage, which in turn can be used to spam shield block and shield barrier more, thus reducing your overall dmg taken.

It's class-specific, though.

A DK doesn't need hit or expertise simply because our active mitigation triggers whether Blood Strike hits or not. Hit/Expertise is only useful if you want to make 100% sure that your diseases hit with Outbreak the first time, every time. It used to be that you needed to hit with Death Strike for the heal/shield to pop up, but they took that out. There's still DK tanking gear with hit/expertise, though, which is kinda pointless.

ZenaxPure

Okay so I want to start power leveling a DK through LFD as blood, but i have no idea how to play one. I was practicing on dummies and the rotation seems really clunky.

Unfortunately one of the side effects of the new talent system for DKs is their rotations are pretty much crap until level 75. It's a lot of sitting around doing nothing waiting for runes to come back. Honestly their level 75 tier should have been their very first tier. Things will make a ton more sense once you get access to one of those.

*finds himself in indecision in character creation*

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun in character creation in this game. I think I'm probably one of these people that would rather have something that sticks and feels nice to play with... it's hard when you end up not playing yet.

ZenaxPure

Has anyone got 9999 bones yet for the white raptor?

Haven't got mine yet(since I was focusing on gearing up an alt to grind them with), but I've seen plenty of people riding them around.... Actually saw a warlock on like the 4th day of the patch with the mount. I consider myself crazy, but, that right there was a special kind of crazy.

Bisnic

I haven't even step foot on the Isle of Giants yet since i've been too busy gearing and doing dailies on my 2 characters and playing other games. But now that my mage is exalted with Kirin Tor Offensive and i still have 1000 silver coins to trade for mogu coins, i have no need to do their dailies for a while, so maybe i'll go there while i wait for heroics and LFRs.

Tarazet

I'm a Druid, though, so we also get a bonus to our Rage generation from critical strikes. I did some math and figured out that the sweet spot is around 12-13% expertise, with the rest of the budget put into Critical Strike and Haste.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Haven't got mine yet(since I was focusing on gearing up an alt to grind them with), but I've seen plenty of people riding them around.... Actually saw a warlock on like the 4th day of the patch with the mount. I consider myself crazy, but, that right there was a special kind of crazy.

Jeez, that's too hardcore for me. :S

FYC

Banned
I haven't even step foot on the Isle of Giants yet since i've been too busy gearing and doing dailies on my 2 characters and playing other games. But now that my mage is exalted with Kirin Tor Offensive and i still have 1000 silver coins to trade for mogu coins, i have no need to do their dailies for a while, so maybe i'll go there while i wait for heroics and LFRs.

Yeah I'm just starting it now, pretty neat so far. Also been getting back into BGs, forgot how much I enjoyed them. I shall have my season 13.

Hoplatee

I just can't get myself to do dailies anymore. I haven't had runes / greater coins for over 4 weeks now. :(

I wish you could get lesser charms in some other way. I have been JP capped for so long now. Let me buy them with that because I don't even know what else to do with it.

ZenaxPure

I just can't get myself to do dailies anymore. I haven't had runes / greater coins for over 4 weeks now. :(

I wish you could lesser charms in some other way. I have been JP capped for so long now. Let me buy them with that.

Technically can get them from pet battles as well, it's luck based since it's not guaranteed you will get them when you win, but, I've probably gotten a few hundred just trying to get a rare blue swamp croaker on the new island. But yeah, Blizzard seems adamant to not make them super common since they are supposed to be a "bonus" you put work into getting.

Also you should dump your JP on harmonies or something, no reason to sit at cap!

mclem

Do most tanks choose to hit Expertise hard cap? I did some calculations and found that it would be a small, but useful, increase in single-target Rage generation and DPS, but a much larger improvement in AOE threat and DPS. It seems like a no-brainer, but if I found the gear to do it, I could go even more extreme by hitting the special attack expertise hard-cap, which is 15.50% (but only applies to melee special attacks like Mangle, Blood Strike, etc). I don't think that would be strictly necessary though.

It's absolutely worthwhile as a paladin; guaranteeing every attack hits means very reliable holy power generation which is an absolute godsend for our survival. We have one CD that's 'every HP generating hit generates three', which means we can have fantastic holy shield uptime while that CD's going, too. It's incredible in situations like Shek'zeer's adds.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I wish you could get lesser charms in some other way. I have been JP capped for so long now. Let me buy them with that because I don't even know what else to do with it.

Yeah I was pretty happy when I finished with the Sunreaver Onslaught, meant I didn't have to do more dailies.

Though, I do need to find some means of getting the lesser charms. Maybe they should reward them from doing heroics as well

Hoplatee

Also you should dump your JP on harmonies or something, no reason to sit at cap!

Mmm, yeah, I could do that. Where do is the vendor?

Though not having coins is not that much of a big deal. In all those months I only won 2 things with a coin and 1 was some item I already had and the other was something far worse. So it is not like I am really missing out but there just is that feeling when you don't win anything that you 'might' have won something instead if you had a rune. :p

Just not worth the time investment for such a small reward.

Bisnic

Mmm, yeah, I could do that. Where do is the vendor?

Though not having coins is not that much of a big deal. In all those months I only won 2 things with a coin and 1 was some item I already had and the other was something far worse. So it is not like I am really missing out but there just is that feeling when you don't win anything that you 'might' have won something instead if you had a rune. :p

Just not worth the time investment for such a small reward.

With all the golden coins i've been using in the 5.0 LFR raids since the patch 5.2 came up, i've gotten a few upgrades for my paladin alt through those coins, it think they upped the chances to get something from 5.0 raids since then, although i dunno if this affect the bags or only what the bosses drops. You get like 15 of them in one run of that solo scenario that i forgot the name, so that's quite a lot.

ZenaxPure

Well, next patch bonus rolls will become a lot more attractive at least.

As for the vendor, can't recall if there is an actual vendor to trade JP for motes, but, you can trade honor for motes at the PVP vendors along the serpent spine, and, you can exchange JP for honor in Org/SW

Tarazet

Well, next patch bonus rolls will become a lot more attractive at least.

As for the vendor, can't recall if there is an actual vendor to trade JP for motes, but, you can trade honor for motes at the PVP vendors along the serpent spine, and, you can exchange JP for honor in Org/SW

The vendor directly trades Conquest for Spirits of Harmony, which is sensible enough since you can use them to do gem research, enchants, etc.

ZenaxPure

The vendor directly trades Conquest for Spirits of Harmony, which is sensible enough since you can use them to do gem research, enchants, etc.

Yeah, he was just asking about JP is all, I doubt most people have conquest to just burn on full spirits where as JP has been shit useless this entire expansion for everyone without any new heirlooms (until this patch.... kinda) and blue gear worse than what you get from heroics.

As a PvE player, I am excited as hell about the 5.3 PvP gear changes. I'm already squishy enough as a mage, but now I feel like I can finally jump in and join my guild in RBGs without dying in two seconds in every engagement!

scoobs

As a PvE player, I am excited as hell about the 5.3 PvP gear changes. I'm already squishy enough as a mage, but now I feel like I can finally jump in and join my guild in RBGs without dying in two seconds in every engagement!

you're still gonna be undergeared though. Everyone in pvp gear will do twice as much damage as you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom