• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
We hit Stage 4 of the Island. I hate the Landing Party daily, that guy and his crew is almost impossible to solo.

Got my Lightning Forge Ingot drop at least, started on that!

ZenaxPure

We hit Stage 4 of the Island. I hate the Landing Party daily, that guy and his crew is almost impossible to solo.

Whaaaaaa? That fight is awesome, especially solo, assuming we're talking about the same quest. The group of 4 trolls and the raptor right? You take out the raptor first since he can be one shot, then either take out the healer or keep him CCed and then proceed to take out the named guy whilst dodging the frost and fire man, that quest is probably my second favorite there (behind Guardian Ta'ku)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Which PTR server do you guys play on? I'm usually on Brill (EU PvE) as Alliance though I have played a bit on Broxigar (US PvP) as well. My game time expires today and I won't be able to renew it right away so I thought I could just as well help out testing patch 5.3.

Tarazet

Watched the FatbossTV videos and then cleared the "Forgotten Depths" tier of LFR today as off-tank. It takes a little coordination, but the encounters are pretty cool. Fucking snails! Got me along with every Rogue in the group. Too much trash leading up to Megaera too.

ZenaxPure

Watched the FatbossTV videos and then cleared the "Forgotten Depths" tier of LFR today as off-tank. It takes a little coordination, but the encounters are pretty cool. Fucking snails! Got me along with every Rogue in the group. Too much trash leading up to Megaera too.

I actually think the Megaera trash is pretty clever, it's designed similar to the Firelands trash where once you get to know it you can skip a large portion of it since your only goal is to ring the 3 bells. My last LFR group had a pretty experienced tank and we made it through her trash in ~10 minutes. You can skirt around a very large portion of it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There's an incredible amount of detail put into that robot. Blizzard's texture (and model) work has really gotten amazing.

I'm still waiting for their revamped vanilla models. Why you gotta keep it a secret Blizzard? Whhhyy? Don't wait for Blizzcon dammit!

Robin64

Say goodbye to your Sprite Darter pets

305151.jpg

They've been updated with the new model too..

I'm still waiting for their revamped vanilla models. Why you gotta keep it a secret Blizzard? Whhhyy? Don't wait for Blizzcon dammit!

Ugh, I know.

Regarding the Sprite Darter pet, that damn well better be a bug. I love the old Sprite Darter model, though I do like this new Sprite Darter model as a mount.

Berordn

I kind of wonder why they're looking more like "real" dragons now, if this is somehow relevant to the rest of the goings-on in 5.3... maybe retconning them into some joint offspring of the blue and green flights.

cdyhybrid

I kind of wonder why they're looking more like "real" dragons now, if this is somehow relevant to the rest of the goings-on in 5.3... maybe retconning them into some joint offspring of the blue and green flights.

I don't like it. They were fine the way they were :|

Berordn

You used to get it from a quest if you were Alliance if i recall. Not sure if that changed since the Cataclysm changes.

They opened the quest to Horde in three point something but it did get cut during the shattering. It's a rare drop off of any mob in Feralas now.

*ends up settling on a female (yup) Worgen, has streaming issues with a cutscene that he missed it (the second one), and strangely gets hooked to the game. Ends up playing for more than expected.*

Uh oh... I think this might become my third time sink.
I'm male

*ends up settling on a female (yup) Worgen, has streaming issues with a cutscene that he missed it (the second one), and strangely gets hooked to the game. Ends up playing for more than expected.*

I'm male

Give it some time. It'll become your first, second, AND third time sinks.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I'm male

You had me until your spoiler. :(

Bisnic

I'm male

Welcome to WoW. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Forever.

The only regret I might have is the name, really. I think I might restart right away tomorrow with a better name. I don't think I can rely on the randomizer, not that I want to. I think I might be better off trying to figure out a good name.

Just... Um, how do you spin my NeoGAF username or "Twiggy" to something vaguely fantasy?

Bisnic

The only regret I might have is the name, really. I think I might restart right away tomorrow with a better name. I don't think I can rely on the randomizer, not that I want to. I think I might be better off trying to figure out a good name.

Just... Um, how do you spin my NeoGAF username or "Twiggy" to something vaguely fantasy?

No need to waste too much time finding the perfect fantasy name when you see people called "Gnomeater" or "Darkladynight" or "Holycow" or "Legolllas" or "Punchingbag" or "Pùéäçôìè". Just put whatever name you like. :p

FYC

Banned
No need to waste too much time finding the perfect fantasy name when you see people called "Gnomeater" or "Darkladynight" or "Holycow" or "Legolllas" or "Punchingbag" or "Pùéäçôìè". Just put whatever name you like. :p

I've seen a bajillion people use this, Worgenfreeman and Arthas.

ZenaxPure

So, my server hit stage 4 as well and I don't know if it's intentional or not but while doing the dailies I had 2 of the "boss" dailies that reward the extra charms and treasure box... Best part is I got a key out of both of them.

Which, the bosses in the new area are pretty cool, I think Blizzard did a great job in general with the boss quests on the island but the one I had in the new area was a step above other stuff. Two guys to kill, one of which had the usual attacks you move out of and stuff but then covered himself in a shield and electrified the water around him and you had to move around on these stones to disable the things giving him his power, was a pretty awesome quest.

Also, today's the best mount day. Flew around early in the morning when barely anyone is online and within 5 kills I got both of the other Direhorns I was missing from Warbringers. I think I only killed about 15 total for all 3, feelsogood.

Tarazet

Why does the 522 Agi valor trinket have to have Hit on it.. do they have any idea how hard a piece like that is to use? As it is, I'm basically reforging Hit to something else on every piece that has it, and half of my gear has it.

Tamanon

Banned
Hard to see for me, but are they excavating the lake in the Vale? I remember running into some Dragonkin commmenting on it.

Robin64

Yeah, the lake has been drained and they're beginning operations to dig up "something".

Spoiler:
It's probably the Heart of Y'shaarj

Bisnic

All my characters are female. But everyone just assumes I am a dude. That's how often males play the females I suppose.

If everyone who was playing a female character were female in real life, there would be as many girls(or more?) than guys playing WoW(or MMOs in general).

ZenaxPure

At least people aren't as shocked when they do find out I am female as they used to be. So, progress!

The first time I ever spoke on vent back in the day during an MC raid was hilarious.

Yeah, I actually knew a decent amount of ladies who played in vanilla, has only grown since then. Actually now that I think about it I have met probably like legit 20 husband/wife tank/healer combos. Always find that pretty adorable.

Robin64

I never really think about my character's gender other than what looks good.

Draenei men are too big, so I would have a draenei woman.
Forsaken men are hunched, so I have forsaken ladies.
Blood Elf ladies need to eat, so I play as a Blood Elf dude.
etc.

Bisnic

Yeah, I actually knew a decent amount of ladies who played in vanilla, has only grown since then. Actually now that I think about it I have met probably like legit 20 husband/wife tank/healer combos. Always find that pretty adorable.

I wish that could happen to me, but finding a girl who likes WoW, and who is also looking for a boyfriend and who also lives in the same city as me... is not quite simple.

Oh well, not like my future girlfriend absolutely need to be playing this game anyway. :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My wife used to heal for me in Naxx in WLK. I didn't realize until way later that clicking to acquire a target, and then spamming Healing Touch was not the best way to heal.

Tamanon

Banned
I remember dating a woman who played WoW. We ran MC together, then ran some BC and Wrath content when we were on again and off again. Now I think she's finally given up the game.

I never really think about my character's gender other than what looks good.

Draenei men are too big, so I would have a draenei woman.
Forsaken men are hunched, so I have forsaken ladies.
Blood Elf ladies need to eat, so I play as a Blood Elf dude.
etc.
Exactly. I made my sexy bank alt a human female because they have the biggest boobs. And then she became my main. lol

Bisnic

But if your future girlfriend doesn't play, that means you will end up playing less to hang out with her! We can't have that happening, now can we? ;)

Not if i convince her to give the game a try first! Another soul to feed to the WoW demon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My current main is a female Night Elf Rogue. I don't generally like the way Night Elves look, its that my wife originally rolled the character and loves female Nelves; however, I think female Night Elves look good as rogues because I like slim, stealthy looking characters as Rogues. My hunter is a female worgen for the same wife-related reason.

My shaman is a female draenei because the males look stupid huge and I already had a Dwarf shaman on another realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom