• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

You can do Cloud Serpent in a day if you get lucky with egg spawns.

Yep. Low pop servers are nice, too, this far after MoP release. My alt got exalted in 3 hours with Cloud Serpents due to those eggs.

Separately, when do you guys think 5.3 will hit? I have vacation again for a week starting end of May where I'll be away from my computer, so I am betting then.

Are you saying its the exception, then? I've also done Lorewalkers which was also no big deal. Are there any other quick easy Pandaria reps or are those two the exceptions?

Depends on how you do it. My alt hit exalted with Klaxxi without even unlocking their dailies due to the new commendations that drop from Zandalari mobs.

Lorewalkers and Cloud Serpents are NOT the ones to base your experiences off of, though.

cdyhybrid

Are you saying its the exception, then? I've also done Lorewalkers which was also no big deal. Are there any other quick easy Pandaria reps or are those two the exceptions?

It's certainly the exception as far as how easy it is. There are ways to grind other reps besides just dailies but the eggs let you do Cloud Serpent much, much faster than any of the other ones.

You get bonus reps from your daily random heroic and scenario, and if you're exalted with the Tillers you can grow crops on your farm for rep with a bunch of different factions.

You can also hunt Zandalari Warscouts (or Warbringers if you have a group or are a class that can solo them) for the insignias they drop, which are worth 1000 rep baseline.

mclem

Did they ever remove the requirement to hit revered with Golden Lotus before opening Shado-pan and August Celestials, or is that stipulation still clogging up the initial rep grinds?

*wonders whether he'll get stuck with unplayable characters if he used races from the last two expansions without getting them all*

*needs an answer to this question before preparing for a purchase*

Also... I love streaming launchers. I can play the game for the most part without having it completely on disk initially.

I think I'll start to mess around with other characters this midnight, too. I think I'm probably going to explore a while before actually sticking with something.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Also... I love streaming launchers. I can play the game for the most part without having it completely on disk initially.

I think I'll start to mess around with other characters this midnight, too. I think I'm probably going to explore a while before actually sticking with something.

I'm pretty sure you can play every expansion races now, even if you only own the Battle Chest. The only things locked would be content from 80-85 and 85-90 and being able to fly on the two original continent once you reach lvl 60.

Need more confirmation though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You can do Cloud Serpent in a day if you get lucky with egg spawns.

If you're playing at like 11PM or later on a smaller server you easily can do this. Hell, I did it midday and it only took like 1-2 hours total. The easter egg hunting is pretty fun too.

This is no longer a part of the game. Every account of every level can use any race, including Pandaren.

I'm pretty sure you can play every expansion races now, even if you only own the Battle Chest. The only things locked would be content from 80-85 and 85-90 and being able to fly on the two original continent once you reach lvl 60.

Need more confirmation though.

No, you can't play a Monk without Mists of Pandaria.

Bisnic

If you're playing at like 11PM or later on a smaller server you easily can do this. Hell, I did it midday and it only took like 1-2 hours total. The easter egg hunting is pretty fun too.

This is no longer a part of the game. Every account of every level can use any race, including Pandaren.

No, you can't play a Monk without Mists of Pandaria.

I didn't mention classes though, only races. But yeah, i forgot that bit of locked content.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did they ever remove the requirement to hit revered with Golden Lotus before opening Shado-pan and August Celestials, or is that stipulation still clogging up the initial rep grinds?

No, but there's no reason at all to actually grind those reps out. Running the 5.0 LFRs practically rains loot into your bags (especially with unlimited coins in the mix) and its better to spend your valor on Shado-pan assault gear.

Bisnic

Then, what would be the better value upfront, Battle Chest, or everything?

Start with the Battle Chest, you'll be able to play every races and lvl from 1 to 80 with just that. That would be plenty enough to see if you want to continue playing after.

Unless, you're already convinced you will lvl up to 90, then buy everything.

Gamble

So, I stopped playing WoW 2 years ago (Let my account expire in January of '11). This past weekend I noticed I had a 10 day free trial to MoP. Figured why not give it a try, its only 10 days, and I had nothing going on over the weekend. Might as well fire it up and poke around, see what's new, right? Did some of the early Pandaria content and enjoyed it. But, since I can't really get anything accomplished in 10 days, I decided to spend some time hunting down old rare drop pets and mounts from old content.

Clearly the game is trying to entice me to stay, as I have got two Phoenix Hatchlings and the Stratholme Deathcharger already.

They sent me a 7 days free email.....I'm trying my hardest not to touch it because I don't want to be sucked in again since I started a new job and will be getting back into school and all thinking I will have plenty of distraction.....nope.....because my manager for my new job found out I'm a gamer and she LOVES WoW and is now telling about so many enticing changes........I'll probably end up resubbing by the end of the week.....I'm so weak willed....

cdyhybrid

No, but there's no reason at all to actually grind those reps out. Running the 5.0 LFRs practically rains loot into your bags (especially with unlimited coins in the mix) and its better to spend your valor on Shado-pan assault gear.

Unless you're a monk, in which case the Shado-pan hat is required for transmog.

cdyhybrid

The hat also matches Bloodfang perfectly, really good rogue transmog combo.

I need to settle on a transmog look for my DK when I hit 90, but I'm having trouble finding anything better looking to me than the starting blue set :p I've seen some looks that sprinkle in T10 (head, shoulders) which look cool too, but not so much better that it would be worth farming (unless I got bored).

That would be for my Frost gear though, Blood would require a different look. And Unholy, if that becomes the go-to PvE spec.

And now I want to level up a Worgen Fury Warrior. Damn my infatuation with whatever classes I'm not currently playing :p

Angry Grimace

Starting Blue set is pretty much everywhere though. I use T8, so I'm not in a position to debate about it. :lol:

I use the Wrathful Glad set for my DK. Loved the way the WotLK PvP sets evolved over the course of the expansion and I thought the last DK one was particularly well done and very DK-ish.

Angry Grimace

I use the Wrathful Glad set for my DK. Loved the way the WotLK PvP sets evolved over the course of the expansion and I thought the last DK one was particularly well done and very DK-ish.

I use T8 helmet, gloves and legs, blue-starting set belt and shoes and the Wrathful shoulders.

I'm only planning on grinding Pandaria reps for the mounts and recipes. I have little interest in gearing up just so I could stand there and do my spell rotation over and over for 20 minutes straight in LFR while my FPS dips to single digits. yawn!

Angry Grimace

I'm only planning on grinding Pandaria reps for the mounts and recipes. I have little interest in gearing up just so I could stand there and do my spell rotation over and over for 20 minutes straight in LFR while my FPS dips to single digits. yawn!

Doing dailies is actually pretty annoying in bad gear though. Its worth spending the time to run LFR once or twice even if just to spam dailies.

Tarazet

So we're doing Amber-Shaper Un'Sok 10 normal for the first time tonight. How hard is it to coordinate the DPS on constructs so that they stay up until right before the next cast of Reshape Life, the way you would on Heroic? Is the DPS gain worth the hassle?

ZenaxPure

So we're doing Amber-Shaper Un'Sok 10 normal for the first time tonight. How hard is it to coordinate the DPS on constructs so that they stay up until right before the next cast of Reshape Life, the way you would on Heroic? Is the DPS gain worth the hassle?

Doesn't really matter on normal mode, fight really wasn't a dps check before the patch and the 10% nerf has made that all the more true. Honestly the less time you spend in the constructs the better (early on) since unlike LFR missing an interrupt on yourself or the boss can cause a wipe if people aren't topped off when it comes.

I'd say there is a pretty steep learning curve for that fight though, everyone has to get into the habit of interrupting themselves and most importantly the boss every 50ish seconds but you can't really get a handle on all the timing without actually being in a construct. Took my guild like 5 attempts just to get everyone in a construct for their very first time.

Bisnic

Doing dailies is actually pretty annoying in bad gear though. Its worth spending the time to run LFR once or twice even if just to spam dailies.

Yeah, doing dailies on my geared frost mage now is just a joke. When my Ice Lances and Frostfire Bolts crits for over 100-125k each when i have my procs(which is very often), and both are instant, those 500-700k mobs don't even have time to hurt me.

Tarazet

Doesn't really matter on normal mode, fight really wasn't a dps check before the patch and the 10% nerf has made that all the more true. Honestly the less time you spend in the constructs the better (early on) since unlike LFR missing an interrupt on yourself or the boss can cause a wipe if people aren't topped off when it comes.

I'd say there is a pretty steep learning curve for that fight though, everyone has to get into the habit of interrupting themselves and most importantly the boss every 50ish seconds but you can't really get a handle on all the timing without actually being in a construct. Took my guild like 5 attempts just to get everyone in a construct for their very first time.

I've tanked LFR 10+ times, so at least I know how the constructs work, and I understand the tank-swaps on P2. I usually blow Heart of the Wild on P3 to burn DPS, and let the other guy tank Un'sok to the end.

Robin64

5.3 stuff. Shado-pan talking to Sunwalker Dezco at the Horde place.

Taran Zhu: Tauren! What have your people done!? You have dredged open a scar within our sacred Vale!
Sunwalker Dezco: Lord Zhu, please understand - the orc "Warchief" who ordered the deed no longer speaks for the whole of the Horde. Many voices are rising up against him.
Taran Zhu: Your politics are no concern of mine. Your Horde has disrespected the sanctity of this place. You are no longer welcome here - leave at once!
Sunwalker Dezco: Give us time, Lord Zhu. Give us the opportunity to bring Hellscream to justice.
Taran Zhu: Sunwalker, I respect your people. You have aided us in our campaign against the Sha and the Thunder King. Otherwise, I would've already ordered the Shado-Pan to purge this entire shrine. But my patience is at an end. The Horde must leave.
Taran Zhu stares grimly into the distance.
Taran Zhu: Very Well, You have until season's end. No longer.
Taran Zhu: We Pandaren are no strangers to dealing with tyrants. The coming battle will try your souls. May the Celestials guide your actions.

5.3 stuff. Shado-pan talking to Sunwalker Dezco at the Horde place.

Taran Zhu: Tauren! What have your people done!? You have dredged open a scar within our sacred Vale!
Sunwalker Dezco: Lord Zhu, please understand - the orc "Warchief" who ordered the deed no longer speaks for the whole of the Horde. Many voices are rising up against him.
Taran Zhu: Your politics are no concern of mine. Your Horde has disrespected the sanctity of this place. You are no longer welcome here - leave at once!
Sunwalker Dezco: Give us time, Lord Zhu. Give us the opportunity to bring Hellscream to justice.
Taran Zhu: Sunwalker, I respect your people. You have aided us in our campaign against the Sha and the Thunder King. Otherwise, I would've already ordered the Shado-Pan to purge this entire shrine. But my patience is at an end. The Horde must leave.
Taran Zhu stares grimly into the distance.
Taran Zhu: Very Well, You have until season's end. No longer.
Taran Zhu: We Pandaren are no strangers to dealing with tyrants. The coming battle will try your souls. May the Celestials guide your actions.

Very cool. I can't wait to see how this all goes down.

ZenaxPure

He's kind of the de facto leader of Pandaria though. He sort of gets to do that.

Yeah, pretty much. I agree with him for the most part though, both the horde and alliance has been pretty stupid since WOTLK through Garrosh and Varian though luckily for all of us Garrosh will be gone soon enough and Varian has been becoming a much better leader since Cata.

Can't really blame him either, didn't even take horde/alliance a week on Pandaria to royally fuck up everything.

Berordn

Hard for me to take him seriously when we beat the crap out of him in less than 2 minutes and he didn't even have the decency to drop some decent loot!

Alternative reading: Because Taran Zhu is so powerful, the Sha of Violence is unable to posess him properly and his attempt is foiled utterly when he's fought both internally and externally.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, dude has to have his ass saved because he couldn't handle the Sha and now he wants to order everyone around.

I mean, only because he's the only angry Panda in the entire land. Also, he drops Blues.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did a LFR Terrace, got 4 sigils and helm token. Even with that, I will still complain about no sha-touched weapon drop.

Tamanon

Banned
I'd like to complain about the lack of Sigils of Power. I still have yet to get a single one in LFR Vaults. Almost done with my Sigils of Wisdom!

I'd like to complain about the lack of Sigils of Power. I still have yet to get a single one in LFR Vaults. Almost done with my Sigils of Wisdom!

They made Wisdom drop eeeeeverywhere in 5.1 or something? Before I came back, at least. So Power can only drop from Vaults and Terrace and even then you might get Wisdom instead. Terrible for catching up. Had 17 Wisdom when I finished my 10 Power on my lock, and I haven't had the heart to continue farming for them on my DK now that I can just do ToT for gear.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, all 4 sigils I got in that Terrace were wisdom.

Robin64

Huzzah

Crithto said:
You owners of the adorable Sprite Darter Hatchling can rest assured, we do not intend to change the model you’ve come to know. There was an error with a file that caused the change, and we’ll be correcting it in future PTR build.

Angry Grimace

They made Wisdom drop eeeeeverywhere in 5.1 or something? Before I came back, at least. So Power can only drop from Vaults and Terrace and even then you might get Wisdom instead. Terrible for catching up. Had 17 Wisdom when I finished my 10 Power on my lock, and I haven't had the heart to continue farming for them on my DK now that I can just do ToT for gear.

They fucked the Sigils of Power in order to make it so you get more Wisdom by making it so Terrace can only drop Wisdom. The idea was that people don't have any Wisdom because in 5.1 they couldn't get into HOF or Terrace.

ZenaxPure

Makes sense really, if they wanted to use the model as a pet they'd probably just do what they did with the new frog and make an entirely new pet.... Which speaking of pets I hope everyone here has seen the new Mini Val'kyr, it's super adorable. Just hope it isn't as ridiculously rare to catch as the Scourged Whelpling (since it's in the same zone it seems).

Did LFR Forgotten Depths this morning. On the trash right before last boss a bunch people died, including me. Was slow taking a rez, but i did take it. Some idiot was trying to say i was afk. In chat, i say, "i'm not afk." And I clearly took the rez and am standing in the middle of everyone at Ji-Kun (literally on the platform already). A couple of people are like, "no looks like he's here." Next thing I know im booted. People are so stupid. Went back and looked at meters and i had been pulling 3rd or 4th most damage on all the bosses and trash. Not that i'm amazing or anything, but this moron that got everyone to boot me is just a typical example of how conformed people get into immediately assuming things and jumping on the bandwagon without thinking for themselves or actually checking to see what is actually going on.

Pissed me off pretty bad. I really don't want to have to go through the whole raid again just to do the last boss. And yes, perhaps to my shame, I created a character on the dude's server and bitched him out
i'm one of "those" people :(
. I took small comfort in seeing that the group was repeatedly wiping.

EDIT: I got the non-token hands off of the turtle when I already have the tier version. Hooray for more lucky drops getting wasted. That's 3 drops in 2-3 weeks that are unusable. Now i'll probably go on a 3 week drought lol. Probably not, but i can always brace for the worst.

My luck continues. Just got the Raven Lord mount lol
Ha that's awesome. I got it today as well. I finally started doing Sethekk Halls on multiple toons, which i think made a big difference. If you have once character running old instances, it's very possible to have never ending bad luck. With 4 or more toons though, one of them has a very good chance at getting things to drop on the good side of RNG. Got it on my 85 warrior while i had been running it endlessly on my 90 lock with no luck.

EDIT2: Alright, what the heck am I looking at here? LOL now i want one. It's definitely one of the more unusual looking mounts blizzard has made.
FaerieDragonMount_zps00606d25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom