• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... a few moments ago, I paid $20. Guess it was good enough for me to pay, eh?

Looks like it's time for me to get real in WoW. In the meantime, I'll enjoy... doing stuff.

ZenaxPure

I feel a lot better about the armored Dragonhawks after seeing the video of them on mmoc, they are a lot fancier than the normal Dragonhawks, better textures and all that. Of course, I am still baffled why we are getting a new Dragonhawk in Mists, but, I am OK with it now. At the rate they are adding mounts to the game I hope there is a 250 achievement by the end of the expansion or at least in 6.0.

Looks like it's time for me to get real in WoW. In the meantime, I'll enjoy... doing stuff.

Go do all the stuff! Try out everything in the game, never know what you might like. You have a Serperior avatar, like Pokemon? Should probably give WoW pet battling a go then, it is just a straight rip off of Pokemon but they do enough to make it feel different. As a pretty big Pokemon fan myself I won't say it's as good as the real deal, but, I have grown to like it the more I play it at max level since they do some interesting things you'd never see in a real Pokemon game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got the green fire book last night. Man, that last fight is no joke. Gonna try again after getting a couple upgrades I think.

Westlo

Okay, just hit 90 on my Paladin, which makes that my third 90 of MOP and got me the double agent achieve, pretty good considering I never managed to level upto max before quitting in Wrath and later Cata (came back to them way after).

Anyway like I've said hitting Vaults should be easy.

Starting ilevel 426
Equip Contender's Legplates (450) crafted by me, upto 428
Equip Stormscale Drape (450) bought off AH for 124g a week ago, upto 431
Did Arena of Annihilation Scenario for 450 Blue Weapon, upto 434
Killed Galleon, equip 496 epic chest, upto 440
Handed in Sha Quest item for 476 Epic Boots, upto 442
Bought Widow Chain (450) neck off AH for 295g, upto 443
Bought 2x Lord Signet Ring (450) off Ah for 914g together, upto 446. (I still have these on my 90 Warrior that is 478...)

Still got a Blacksmithing cooldown (or will soon), Honor points, another 450 PvP gear pattern to learn as well as actually running a dungeon to get some more i level up today.

Or I could just buy out the AH but that's not the point. (As a Jewelcrafter on my Blood Elf Warrior I'm pretty happy that the 450 necks and rings have shot back up in price, JC really has picked up from the first 2 months of this expansion...)

Edit - Did Shadopan Monastery, got 2h mace + a belt and gloves, ilevel up from 446 to 453, yeah this shit is easy, blow through these dungeons so quick now and have no comp for loot.

Go do all the stuff! Try out everything in the game, never know what you might like. You have a Serperior avatar, like Pokemon? Should probably give WoW pet battling a go then, it is just a straight rip off of Pokemon but they do enough to make it feel different. As a pretty big Pokemon fan myself I won't say it's as good as the real deal, but, I have grown to like it the more I play it at max level since they do some interesting things you'd never see in a real Pokemon game.

Teehee. I wonder what's in store for me?

But first things first: *realizes that the character needs non-level-1 clothing, fast*

Ultratech

Did the Cleaning Up achievement the other day with me (Hunter), 2 Locks, a Pally tank, and a Shaman healer.

Managed to get it done with almost a minute left. Was pretty awesome.

I love my DPS sometimes in AOE situations :

PPuNPxW.png

Frozen Orb + Frost Bomb + Ice Lances spamming ftw

Reminds me of rolling Survival Hunter in HoF.

Those adds before the first boss? AoE Serpent Sting sends my DPS shooting to 1 Mil+.

It's hilarious.

Okay, just hit 90 on my Paladin, which makes that my third 90 of MOP and got me the double agent achieve, pretty good considering I never managed to level upto max before quitting in Wrath and later Cata (came back to them way after).

Anyway like I've said hitting Vaults should be easy.

Starting ilevel 426
Equip Contender's Legplates (450) crafted by me, upto 428
Equip Stormscale Drape (450) bought off AH for 124g a week ago, upto 431
Did Arena of Annihilation Scenario for 450 Blue Weapon, upto 434
Killed Galleon, equip 496 epic chest, upto 440
Handed in Sha Quest item for 476 Epic Boots, upto 442
Bought Widow Chain (450) neck off AH for 295g, upto 443
Bought 2x Lord Signet Ring (450) off Ah for 914g together, upto 446. (I still have these on my 90 Warrior that is 478...)

Still got a Blacksmithing cooldown (or will soon), Honor points, another 450 PvP gear pattern to learn as well as actually running a dungeon to get some more i level up today.

Or I could just buy out the AH but that's not the point. (As a Jewelcrafter on my Blood Elf Warrior I'm pretty happy that the 450 necks and rings have shot back up in price, JC really has picked up from the first 2 months of this expansion...)

Edit - Did Shadopan Monastery, got 2h mace + a belt and gloves, ilevel up from 446 to 453, yeah this shit is easy, blow through these dungeons so quick now and have no comp for loot.
Right behind you. Leveling my third toon to 90 which also happens to bee a pally. Im at.88 right now but ran out of rested exp so the leveling has slowed way down. And I thought hitting 88 would open more dungeon finder instances. Alas no such luck. When im on my pally I see constant leather drop. On my rogue its all plate. So annoying lol.

Tarazet

Cleared Terrace normal. Not bad at all, Lei Shi was the toughest for us because of the coordination of marking and CC'ing the adds before they one-shot the healers.

...I certainly didn't expect an official World of Warcraft event extremely close to my home. It's practically something that I can reach in no time...

Time to map out!

Apparently, it's a 20 minutes train ride. There's a significant chance of a bad thunderstorm, though!

...Too bad I have schedule clashes. Now to think about why that place is called "Lucky Chinatown"...

Westlo

Right behind you. Leveling my third toon to 90 which also happens to bee a pally. Im at.88 right now but ran out of rested exp so the leveling has slowed way down. And I thought hitting 88 would open more dungeon finder instances. Alas no such luck. When im on my pally I see constant leather drop. On my rogue its all plate. So annoying lol.

Cata had much better leveling dungeons compared to MOP, easily one aspect it handled better. But yeah you should be able to get that pally to LFR pretty quick, I ended up going from 426 to 458 in like 3-4 hours after hitting max level. Went from 453 to 458 by killing Goda on IoT, got enough motes from the treasure run to make another 3 pieces of contenders gear which I equipped, also have 13 charms ready to roll. Ending up buying the new 458 bracers since the price was right, 350g.

I can get to 460 by buying a darkmoon trinket or epic legs/gloves off the AH, but i think I'll cash in my justice for honor points and buy the honor gear rings, considering my Mage has been stuck with Heroic rings for months and my Warrior her jewel-crafting rings...

People like to shit on Justice Points but for a fresh 90 they are a way to get MSV LFR equivalent drops, since the honor gear right now is exactly the same stat wise since the pvp stats are added on top of the item budget. Just from leveling up and doing a single 90 heroic I have 2k justice, combined with my 1k honor that's close to or is the 2 honor rings.

ZenaxPure

People like to shit on Justice Points but for a fresh 90 they are a way to get MSV LFR equivalent drops, since the honor gear right now is exactly the same stat wise since the pvp stats are added on top of the item budget. Just from leveling up and doing a single 90 heroic I have 2k justice, combined with my 1k honor that's close to or is the 2 honor rings.

Well, yeah sure that's the case now, but at the start of the expansion JP was pointless. Like... you didn't get very much for a boss kill AND the gear was extremely expensive for almost every slot. By the time my rogue had enough JP to buy a second piece he was already over 463 equipped and ready to run MSV.

Realistically that JP gear should have been a lot cheaper, because, even with the buff to JP this patch... well, the legs and chest armor cost 2250 JP each. No one had the JP to buy that at the start of the expansion and now with honor gear being the way it is.... why the fuck is that stuff still so expensive?

Westlo

Yeah I'm waiting for them to drop so I can buy dat robe.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89673#screenshots

Best robe added since robes of insight, not gonna spend 2k justice on it though, so hoping I get the drop from Feng that shares that look if a price drop isn't incoming... need to run MSV on my mage anyway since I have 7 Sigils of Power and 18 Sigils of Wisdom...

But yeah I expect them to be dropped pretty damn lol in 5.4 if not 5.3, clearly the rep gated valor gear has to be justice point stuff in 5.4.... noone is going to blow valor on that shit when the 5.4 valor rep is giving out what 540+ gear?

ZenaxPure

But yeah I expect them to be dropped pretty damn lol in 5.4 if not 5.3, clearly the rep gated valor gear has to be justice point stuff in 5.4.... noone is going to blow valor on that shit when the 5.4 valor rep is giving out what 540+ gear?

540 seems logical.... if they even add a Shado-pan assault like rep for the next raid tier. Actually it might even be higher? A heroic upgraded item from ToT will be ilvl 543 (thunderforged will be 549) and Blizzard tries to make the new normal mode stuff slightly higher than the old heroic stuff, so it might be closer to 550 ilvl if I had to guess. Of course we don't know if Blizzard will add one or not.

As for the 5.0 valor gear, I am curious what Blizzard will do as well. Turning it into JP gear would make sense, but, I could just as easily see them slashing the VP cost of it all even further than it is now. At the least, though, I don't expect them to ignore it.

Nokterian

So i went back and play my warlock in a long time when MoP launched i only played my DK for the time being (my first char when i started playing back in 2004/5). Leveled him up to 85 just before MoP hit and he was just sitting there in SW. I had tried Demo and Affliction but changed to Destruction and holy crap this is mutch fun!

I remember the time when using Destruction in TBC. With a cookie cutter build with the old talent build using a 50/50 build to nuke just nuke. Mana regen was a problem,just lifetap and get healed in raids but for solo farming on of the worst builds ever it drained mana like sponge. Yeah i am staying destro for the time being.

Also anyone on Emerald Dream EU? My home server since the beginning. You add me with my battletag : Nokterian#2469

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah I'm waiting for them to drop so I can buy dat robe.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89673#screenshots

Best robe added since robes of insight, not gonna spend 2k justice on it though, so hoping I get the drop from Feng that shares that look if a price drop isn't incoming... need to run MSV on my mage anyway since I have 7 Sigils of Power and 18 Sigils of Wisdom...

You get 120 justice points per heroic boss these days, why not spending your points on that? 2k justice points can be gotten very quickly now.

ZenaxPure

Heck yeah, Destro is my favorite warlock spec as well. Really enjoy how it plays and that you can choose to take a dps loss to heal yourself if need be. My only problem with it is I am not really a fan of how the AOE works. I wish Fire and Brimstone was a toggle instead of something you had to cast before every spell.

You get 120 justice points per heroic boss these days, why not spending your points on that? 2k justice points can be gotten very quickly now.

Well, the point of his original post was that honor gear is good for fresh alts now so for the short term future all his JP is best spent converting it to honor for 476 epics instead of a blue 458 item.

Edit, forgot that was his paladin, though for all I know maybe his mage needs it as well.

Nokterian

Heck yeah, Destro is my favorite warlock spec as well. Really enjoy how it plays and that you can choose to take a dps loss to heal yourself if need be. My only problem with it is I am not really a fan of how the AOE works. I wish Fire and Brimstone was a toggle instead of something you had to cast before every spell.

Well, the point of his original post was that honor gear is good for fresh alts now so for the short term future all his JP is best spent converting it to honor for 476 epics instead of a blue 458 item.

Edit, forgot that was his paladin, though for all I know maybe his mage needs it as well.

Yeah i agree with that. But i have also those nice cosmetics instead of Burning Embers having Verdant Spheres makes me feel like Kael'Thas Sunstrider. But overall the high mana regen (finally) the quick and dirty high burst nuke damage makes me feel powerfull then before.

omg i'm so dumb.. i forgot you could do this and have been spending my JP on heirloom stuff. ugh.. i've been running heroics on my rogue for days not getting anything to drop. Really want to get into LFR and be done with heroics on that toon. Where do you turn in justice points for honor and then do you just go to the honor quartermaster in any major city like stormwind?

Tarazet

omg i'm so dumb.. i forgot you could do this and have been spending my JP on heirloom stuff. ugh.. i've been running heroics on my rogue for days not getting anything to drop. Really want to get into LFR and be done with heroics on that toon. Where do you turn in justice points for honor and then do you just go to the honor quartermaster in any major city like stormwind?

You turn in JP for honor in your major city of choice, then go to the Great Wall in Townlong to trade it for gear.

Westlo

On the topic of locks, since my bro gave me his 90 lock (ilevel 469 lol :( ) due to him wanting to start up on a new account (which in turn will RAF up a lot of toons on my account...) I guess I can ask, Destro is pretty much the closest to the Mage play style for locks yeah?

I really hope next xp has another talent spec... would make the 3rd talent spec thing make some sense, would like to see some classes being able to do some newish roles, anyone played RIFT knows what I mean... gimme dat melee mage blizzard. That (no need for a new class if you can make new roles for a lot of them) + New character models + maybe another new race (done the same way as Pandas) as well as the return of Illidan/outlands would be pretty hype.

I got 1900 on my mage, just feels like a waste, like I said I'm gonna eventually do MSV for the next 4 sigils of power anyway so I'll try my luck with double rolls.

Days? C'mon man you can do it in 1! At worst buy some 476 epics off the AH, keep them in your bag and get into LFR like that, just sell them when you get enough epics to legit get into LFR or maybe keep them for the next LFR tier in HOF.

I wasn't going to do this but only having one more day to go before reset and not having done anything on my two main 90s... not even the treasure scenario... had no time. Bought Living Steel Gloves off AH for 2k and DMF trinket for 9k. Did LFR just than, did alright, got some boots which while they don't help my ilevel since they're the same as Sha quest reward, are an upgrade. Rolled coin and got them again, looked in journal and they were the only Ret Drop for Paladins... qq

Did Feng, got nothing, bonus roll got me the Cloak, did last boss got neck, bonus roll netting nothing. Just went to get 1 ring from Honor vendor, now I'm legit 460 ilevel after 3 hours.

Also for Honor make sure to do Tol Barad and Wintergrasp, they award a lot of Honor now.

Worth noting that the alliance vendor is in Valley of Four Winds on the wall, not Townlong/Kun-lai like the horde version.

I flew into the Horde one yesterday thinking why was everyone red, went oh shit and got moving, had to bubble and jump off the wall and just got away from a Hunter who followed lol.

Spent some time on Isle of Thunder on my mage. didn't know you could blink through the floor of the shadopan cave and end up under the island. Looks like Blizzard has also implemented some anti-'explorer' options for people who end up there. After swimming around a while I just got ported to the horde graveyard.

What's the fastest way to go from Lor'danel or Darnassus to Stormwind? I got a class quest, and... well, the directions are odd.

Also, *wonders why he keeps failing to initiate pet battles with wild critters*

Westlo

lol won 1k in trade chat for answering a question, apparently the guy gave away like 20k all night long, said anyone with money can do that no sweat, got prove it and ended up giving out 4k myself lol.

ZenaxPure

I really hope next xp has another talent spec... would make the 3rd talent spec thing make some sense, would like to see some classes being able to do some newish roles, anyone played RIFT knows what I mean... gimme dat melee mage blizzard.

I've been waiting for a tank rogue spec since the very first time I tanked a few ZG bosses on my rogue back in vanilla. God, I would love for them to just get rid of pure classes at this point. The original intention of hybrids in WOTLK was to do less dps than a pure class but bring buffs to give the pure DPS. Obviously since then that idea has been tossed in the gutter but for whatever reason hybrids still get all the cool benefits of being hybrid classes while doing equal damage.

What's the fastest way to go from Lor'danel or Darnassus to Stormwind? I got a class quest, and... well, the directions are odd.

If you head through the portal in Darnassus that teleports you (it's just past the bank in the center of town) you will be at a dock. There is a ship that runs on one of the docks that takes you to Stormwind.

As for pet battles, you have to learn the skill before you can battle, that skill is also learned in Stormwind (and you will get your first quests to head out and fight some tamers). If you need to find anything, Guard NPCs in town will give you directions to anything important.

Tamanon

Banned

If you're in Darnassus, at Rutheran Village, a boat goes to Stormwind, just wait for it at the docks. Drops you off right in there.

Also, you can only pet battle if you see the paw icon, otherwise you just normal battle, and the critters don't live long to those!

I've been waiting for a tank rogue spec since the very first time I tanked a few ZG bosses on my rogue back in vanilla. God, I would love for them to just get rid of pure classes at this point. The original intention of hybrids in WOTLK was to do less dps than a pure class but bring buffs to give the pure DPS. Obviously since then that idea has been tossed in the gutter but for whatever reason hybrids still get all the cool benefits of being hybrid classes while doing equal damage.

If you head through the portal in Darnassus that teleports you (it's just past the bank in the center of town) you will be at a dock. There is a ship that runs on one of the docks that takes you to Stormwind.

As for pet battles, you have to learn the skill before you can battle, that skill is also learned in Stormwind (and you will get your first quests to head out and fight some tamers). If you need to find anything, Guard NPCs in town will give you directions to anything important.

If you're in Darnassus, at Rutheran Village, a boat goes to Stormwind, just wait for it at the docks. Drops you off right in there.

Also, you can only pet battle if you see the paw icon, otherwise you just normal battle, and the critters don't live long to those!

Hmm... I think I'll get there. (I think quests needs inter-waypoints. What do you think?)

Do you think it might have something to do with my account not being fully activated yet? (Paid sometime ago, level restrictions lifted, but forum permissions still limited. Maybe...)

I know this is old for a lot of people, but let's take a trip in the way-back machine anyway. I keep the late 2003 alpha client around cause once in a while it's fun to look at really old things.

Karazhan especially looked really cool. Take a look at that imposing silhouette!

Now let's turn that fog off and get a good look =P

The interior isn't textured, but the layout was pretty interesting. Could easily get lost in there looking around, a single picture doesn't really cover it, there's tons of rooms and floors.

The old Dark Portal. Dark Portals everywhere! Instance? Slap a Dark Portal placeholder!

wowscrnshot_033013_209gcrr.jpg

Caer Darrow

wowscrnshot_033013_23ehif1.jpg

Underwater off the coast off Azshara

And speaking of ZG

AQ Gates

You maniacs!

ZenaxPure

That's some damn good timing for me, I recently discovered The Archivist column on WoW insider and I've been reading through it. Gives off more nostalgia than I feel comfortable with, but it's nice to reflect on old stuff and remember how broken the game was in a lot of ways, and how far we've came.

Bizazedo

That's some damn good timing for me, I recently discovered The Archivist column on WoW insider and I've been reading through it. Gives off more nostalgia than I feel comfortable with, but it's nice to reflect on old stuff and remember how broken the game was in a lot of ways, and how far we've came.

Brings back memories. I miss Plainsrunning.

FLEABttn

Banned
The interior isn't textured, but the layout was pretty interesting. Could easily get lost in there looking around, a single picture doesn't really cover it, there's tons of rooms and floors.

There was a patch a certain fried of mine gave me that turned Zul'Farrak into beta Karazhan, but it was basically fully textured. It was interesting to see what it was originally supposed to be versus what it actually became.

Sciz

There was a patch a certain fried of mine gave me that turned Zul'Farrak into beta Karazhan, but it was basically fully textured. It was interesting to see what it was originally supposed to be versus what it actually became.

I was watching... something, recently, that gave a good look at that version.

Ah, here we are. A lot of this guy's stuff is just flying around the outside of instances, but he's got some really cool bits like this as well.

Yeah, later on if you zoned into ZG and then got out of the instance boundaries by being creative or on a private server you could run all the way to Deadwind Pass and find the old Kara there, all nice and textured up. Sadly I lost the older clients I had when my HDD died a while back and haven't re-acquired any of them -_-

So instead here's some pics of everyone's favorite old IF design, with onion-like layers and multiple floors!

wowscrnshot_033113_14ovo2x.jpg

Entrance to IF on the right here, not quite the same AH/bank plaza huh

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Time to take a break from this green fire madness. Closest I got was boss at about 10%. This stupid endeavor has eaten pretty much my entire weekend.

Time to take a break from this green fire madness. Closest I got was boss at about 10%. This stupid endeavor has eaten pretty much my entire weekend.
I can't even work up the motivation to try. I don't wanna beat my head into a wall for hours and eat up a bunch of repair bills. But the more I think about it, the more i actually like the regular color more than green. But that might just be me trying to justify my unwillingness to learn the encounter.

In other news: Good things can happen occasionally! not the greatest image. Give me a minute and i'll add another one.

947a5afd-ec67-41ab-ac48-d5b25b0ba553_zps352f30ea.jpg

I love account wide mounts. So nice.
north_wind_drake_zps59acab0e.jpg

ZenaxPure

I'm jealous! One of the ones I still don't have, just haven't really tried farming it more than anything since I don't like how long it takes to get to the boss himself. I really should though, his color is my favorite out of the "wind" drakes.

Nokterian

So is the Warlock green fire quest really that hard? Have been reading on mmo champion a question if there gonna nerf it to ghostcrawler. Not likely gonna happen for now.

Anoregon

So is the Warlock green fire quest really that hard? Have been reading on mmo champion a question if there gonna nerf it to ghostcrawler. Not likely gonna happen for now.

It is basically a heroic raid-difficulty encounter tuned for one person.

Rokam

It's fun being an LFR hero, clicking the orb all 4 times on Horridon, interrupting all Breaths on Tortos, flying to each nest on Ji-Kun... Give me extra stuff Blizzard, now!

Anoregon

Have you done much Brawler's Guild? Curious how the boss compares to higher rank fights.

Nope.

I've gotten to the point where I'm not even that bothered by the difficulty, it's mechanics that keep fucking me up. Like, you are supposed to use the fact that the demonic gateway reduces your aggro when used to keep the boss on your enslaved pit lord instead of you. Only, it seems to be a total crap shoot. Sometimes it works fine, other times the boss decides he doesn't care that I just wiped aggro and comes to attack me at the worst possible time (fel hunter spawn, for those of you who have done the quest) and cause a wipe in what was otherwise a very good attempt.

It's frustrating when murky mechanics ruin shit like this. On the attemps where I actually make it past both sets of fel hunter spawns without the boss aggroing me I tend to real well and get him under ~7 million hitpoints, but it sucks that I have to deal with so many early wipes just because I can't seem to figure out what the hell the deal is with the demonic gateway aggro mechanic.

Jezus..what where they thinking. Amazing stupid to be honest.

Nope. It's great and super well tuned. Not everything needs to be handed to people on a silver platter, especially optional cosmetic effects like this. 500 ilvl+ warlocks qqing on the WoW forums etc are absolutely delicious to me. I had 484 when I did it (and I didn't even know you could purification pot the CoD -____-, had a few low % wipes) and it took me ~3 hours of attempts. Others have done it with lower ilvls too. It will be solely outgeared eventually, but as it stands it's more about executing well, and if you can't do that? Well. Sorry, suck it up, you're not good enough =P (that's not directed at anyone here, just the people that think it's "not fair" or along those lines)

Edit: I didn't use Gateways at all when I did it. Seeing them mentioned in all these "guides" after the fact I was just like "... ok". I had him aggroed on me the whole time, you can mitigate almost all of his damage by keeping yourself constantly dispelled with the Pit Lord's fel breath. Kanrethad will always get both the Seed and Agony up on you, then go do something else. So wait for both, dispel yourself, and then his Soul Fires are fairly negligible damage. Just keep yourself dispelled constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom