• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

Yeah, it would be cool, it was the only good raid in tbc
yeah I went there, come at me

Lore wise there technically is supposed to be lower Karazhan, like an inverted tower or whatever, would be cool if that was actually reflected in WoW at some point. Speaking of Kara though, I love that there is still an unused instance portal near the top of the tower with a gryphon rest on it. I wonder what Blizzard's original intent with that was.

I don't think you're going to find many people who disagree.

But knowing that the old Crypts of Kara still exist in the geometry of the Eastern Kingdoms, even after the Cata revamp kind of lends some credit to the idea that we're going to revisit it.

IIRC the twin Kara idea was a shoutout to a book they were going to write but didn't, though that'd be a real easy way to reintroduce it, especially if it's going to be a portal to demons.

ZenaxPure

But knowing that the old Crypts of Kara still exist in the geometry of the Eastern Kingdoms, even after the Cata revamp kind of lends some credit to the idea that we're going to revisit it.

I do hope we do, it was one of the moodiest places in WoW, still is actually. Room of upside down sinners was really creepy the first time I saw it.

ZenaxPure

I am excited about this. How will they handle trainers though?

Not sure, I was wondering the same thing. Though on that same topic, you should be happy with these changes (I know I am!)

Hit Chance is now displayed for all abilities.
Abilities no longer have a base chance to miss or be dodged by opposing pets of the same level.

Slayerx

Not sure, I was wondering the same thing. Though on that same topic, you should be happy with these changes (I know I am!)

I saw that :) I defeated my first trainer with epic pets yesterday after about an hour of attempts. I won't lie I was very close to punching my monitor there but the rng and stars finally aligned. The number of times I was literally one missed attack away from beating the trainer.................

ZenaxPure

I saw that :) I defeated my first trainer with epic pets yesterday after about an hour of attempts. I won't lie I was very close to punching my monitor there but the rng and stars finally aligned. The number of times I was literally one missed attack away from beating the trainer.................

Personally I'd suggest just stopping on tamers and leveling some more pets. The key to winning fights once you get to epic pets (and eventually legendary) really is switching up pets every battle. The more guys you have to pick from the better, I change my team for literally every single tamer in Pandaria. You start to find guys who are strong in specific fights (which is important if you continue to do the dailies for the pets you can get from the bags), for example, my Scourge Whelping can usually solo all 3 pets from the Pandarian Fire Spirit, it's quite nifty.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't think you're going to find many people who disagree.

IIRC the twin Kara idea was a shoutout to a book they were going to write but didn't, though that'd be a real easy way to reintroduce it, especially if it's going to be a portal to demons.

They did a bit of it with the Fangs of the Father questline where you go in there and kill Nalice. Other than that, they didn't re-do the entire continents, just went back and smoothed out the terrain between zones so it doesn't look despicable between zones.

There's still a lot of junk in game that will probably never be revisited.

XenodudeX

Man I really want to get back into this, but I heard Monks ( Wind Walkers to be more specific) are in a tough spot right now. I really don't want to reroll a new class.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I stopped running LFR because I'm tired of having to queue 4 times @ 1 hour apiece.

I might just guild it up for this week's LFR lockouts. I'm not looking forward to dark animus, either.

My lock's group one shot Animus (Primordius too). Mechanics lol. AOEed everything then focused the boss when he came out -_-

DK's group killed Durumu at 11 stacks. Just got my third stack on Primordius but I'm leaving cause a) this is depressing and b) no way I'll get Animus down with this group before I have to leave for dinner (soon).

Edit: Also, this amuses me greatly =)

wowscrnshot_040213_17ekinl.jpg

ZenaxPure

I actually had really solid players in my group, got Durumu on the third try, then one shot the other two. Having a tank who knows what he is doing goes a long way.

Edit: Looks like a lfr Durumu hotfix is already on the way, once you uncover a monster in the fog it stays uncovered till it's dead.

ZenaxPure

Hey quick question: I haven't attempted a warbringer yet. I assume it's not possible to kite/paralyze them and therefore solo them as I do the scouts right?

Correct, Blizzard hotfixed the Warbringers to be immune to everything. They're basically dungeon bosses now, immune to all slows, stuns, incapacitates, and even interrupts. They want you to do them in a group, but, hey there is always blood DK

Rokam

So opinions on the new LFR (after spending 3 hours in it)
-Durumu is just stupid, not a fun fight especially when most of the raid dies to the maze.

-Primordius is a pain the ass to get people to kill adds and get mutated, not mention getting them not to stand in purple shit. Almost think they should remove the ability to get negative buffs because people are too dumb to avoid stuff.

-Animus is fine, so long as you split the adds evenly, and I'm sure in geared groups it's a cakewalk.

Really don't like this wing, I think the 2nd wing is probably the best and tuned extremely well. A few people who know what they're doing can easily carry those fights.

Slayerx

Personally I'd suggest just stopping on tamers and leveling some more pets. The key to winning fights once you get to epic pets (and eventually legendary) really is switching up pets every battle. The more guys you have to pick from the better, I change my team for literally every single tamer in Pandaria. You start to find guys who are strong in specific fights (which is important if you continue to do the dailies for the pets you can get from the bags), for example, my Scourge Whelping can usually solo all 3 pets from the Pandarian Fire Spirit, it's quite nifty.
Oh god.......

Bizazedo

Man, I do not want to see Durumu in a PUG in LFR....or maybe I do.

We managed it with half our guild raid dead, but never really figured out how to tell where the maze started (yes we're dumb).

Tarazet

We managed it with half our guild raid dead, but never really figured out how to tell where the maze started (yes we're dumb).

Look for the snakes on the floor. That's where it starts.

I'm told moving the particle effects slider all the way down helps to spot the walls of the maze better. Didn't try it myself we 2 shotted durumu tonight.

I cheated.

I did it in LFR and we wiped twice today. Apparently, I missed whatever the hell I was supposed to be searching for, and died both times.

So I followed the tank. And survived. :3

Kenai

I'm told moving the particle effects slider all the way down helps to spot the walls of the maze better. Didn't try it myself we 2 shotted durumu tonight.

Eyeball wiped my LFR 3 times, and had wiped 4 other times before I came in, but he was kind of buggy. He was stuck in the ceiling hole ~8 min, then decided to drop down when we were down about ~8ppl who had left and stayed about 20ft higher in the air than he should have. Wasn't pretty, but it was funny.

I didn't get to down Primordious yet since it was a "real" raid night, but that goo trash before him has potential. They aren't quite as fun as snails, but they will eat through the raid's HP quite fast.

Zemm

Dorumu sounds like a fun boss, more than a punching bag anyway. I'll look forward to seeing what he's about tonight.

Was leveling my protection warrior abit yesterday, such a fun class.

Robin64

Wow. So the "What should Blizzard do with Warcraft IV?" thread in Gaming is a shitstorm. People hating on WoW all over the place.

I don't understand why people are accepting of characters introduced in Warcraft III, but then ones that are introduced in World of Warcraft are suddenly ruining the franchise and they want the Warcraft III ones back.

Slayerx

So I went on PTR and shit is going on in Durotar and The Barrens.
Thanks for free promotion with the titan thread :p lowly juniors like me can't make threads and I am just too lazy to post most of the time.

That warcraft 4 thread is scary, I think people in their bashing wow won't even be able to answer what the major plot points in wow are.

Pet battles are crazy. Saw that lil'ragnaros promotion and it was an impulse buy for me, why did they make blizzard store so easy to purchase from........

strafer

Thanks for free promotion with the titan thread :p lowly juniors like me can't make threads and I am just too lazy to post most of the time.

That warcraft 4 thread is scary, I think people in their bashing wow won't even be able to answer what the major plot points in wow are.

Pet battles are crazy. Saw that lil'ragnaros promotion and it was an impulse buy for me, why did they make blizzard store so easy to purchase from........

Your site? :D

Slayerx

Your site? :D
Not mine but a member there. Found out a leak a couple of months ago involving gaf poster......Anyway I was waiting for him to release this for a while, he was convinced its true and considering how skeptical he is most of the time and how many "leakers" contact him regularly....the only bit of info I was iffy about was Jay Wilson considering he is a game director on an unannounced title. Verified that Kaplan is still the director and its not unusual for them to have multiple ones on the same game working on different aspects.

It's bad to talk about sources so I won't. In saying all this I probably won't open that titan thread anymore for sanity. We got a lot of hits from Irvin today but they could have been checking it and laughing their asses off at how wrong the info is.

strafer

Not mine but a member there. Found out a leak a couple of months ago involving gaf poster......Anyway I was waiting for him to release this for a while, he was convinced its true and considering how skeptical he is most of the time and how many "leakers" contact him regularly....the only bit of info I was iffy about was Jay Wilson considering he is a game director on an unannounced title. Verified that Kaplan is still the director and its not unusual for them to have multiple ones on the same game working on different aspects.

Anyway its bad to talk about sources so I won't. In saying all this i probably won't open that titan thread anymore for sanity.

No worries. I understand.

Awesome nonetheless.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, they can be pretty rough.

Even with it being a 3-on-1 fight, they're still very strong with a few thousand HP.

Well, not to forgot, but, the Spirit Tamers use a team of 3 legendaries! I got my ass kicked by them the first time I fought each of them and their cheating ways (pets of one type who should very clearly be another type). I actually haven't even started on the Beasts of Fable yet, just been leveling some more guys (to finish off the achievements in the leveling section) and doing the Spirit Tamer dailies for the rest of the pets.

I picked the earth spirit from the quest chain but then quickly regretted it since the Fire one should be the ultimate Mechanical slayer (since elemental is resistant to mech and every single one of his attacks are fire which is strong against mech). Thankfully I got him in the first bag I got from the Fire Spirit daily.

Is it possible to back up World of Warcraft data files, and restore them later via copy-pasting after I restore my computer to factory settings? (Mine's the downloaded web client version)

Whooter

Is it possible to back up World of Warcraft data files, and restore them later via copy-pasting after I restore my computer to factory settings? (Mine's the downloaded web client version)

Yes, you can move your WoW installation around at-will. There are no registry hooks, so just copy the entire directory to wherever you want it and change any desktop shortcuts or whatever to reflect the new location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom