• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Nope. Does the new controller have 20+ buttons?

Prettttty much, even using modifiers in a way like FF14 is doing wouldn't work with WoW. Even though WoW isn't an action game or even more action-y like Tera it is a VERY fast moving game. The ability to pick a target from a group of enemies, move, and use attacks all at the exact same time is pretty much key in both pvp and dungeons, it just wouldn't be possible with a controller. That is also just for DPS/tanking... I can't even begin to imagine how healing in modern WoW would work without a mouse...

Also wat WoW 2? That is certainly never going to be a thing.

Tarazet

Hand of protection does, which is useful if one of the tanks is significantly better at the adds than the other.

Only one disease dispel's gonna make the Drakkari gate fun.

By the way, not being able to dispel yourself in Bear Form sucks giant balls. Just sayin'.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Prettttty much, even using modifiers in a way like FF14 is doing wouldn't work with WoW. Even though WoW isn't an action game or even more action-y like Tera it is a VERY fast moving game. The ability to pick a target from a group of enemies, move, and use attacks all at the exact same time is pretty much key in both pvp and dungeons, it just wouldn't be possible with a controller. That is also just for DPS/tanking... I can't even begin to imagine how healing in modern WoW would work without a mouse...

Also wat WoW 2? That is certainly never going to be a thing.

WoW is already WoW 2. Find a guy who played WoW in 2005 and see if he thinks the game is the same.

ZenaxPure

20's a generous estimate.

That's true too, my rogue currently has 58 keybindings total, 36 of which are things I can actually use in combat (as I also keybind mounts, guild bank, Nomi, Argent Squire, food, flasks, etc. cause fuck clicking stuff with my mouse). 20 is probably being too generous actually.

Of course that is not even including all the default keybindings for menus and such (though theoretically in this theoretical console version all of that would be in some Start menu).

Funnily enough I just realized I don't have my hearthstone keybound. Don't even have it on a bar, been opening my bag and clicking it since vanilla.

WoW is already WoW 2. Find a guy who played WoW in 2005 and see if he thinks the game is the same.

That's certainly true. Even if we ignore all the gameplay changes for a second and just talk about performance. From personal experience: I bought my current PC at the end of TBC/start of WOTLK and at the time I could pretty much run the game with everything on medium or high. Fast forward to now and my PC struggles to run everything on "good", when I do ToT I have to turn textures and particle effects down to low or average 5 FPS.

I think ToT alone has pushed me into getting off my ass and start saving cash for a new PC.

The dagger has 1200 extra spell power. Is that worth more than 500 Int? The rest of the stat budget doesn't change much.
Probably not. I'm not completely sure how intellect compares to spellpower, though. Is int a 1:1 ratio with spellpower? Int gives mana pool, and crit, and benefits from kings. But 1200 spellpower is quite a bit, so I wasn't sure.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Probably not. I'm not completely sure how intellect compares to spellpower, though. Is int a 1:1 ratio with spellpower? Int gives mana pool, and crit, and benefits from kings. But 1200 spellpower is quite a bit, so I wasn't sure.

Int hasn't given mana since 5.0. Your maximum mana is always a flat number now. Int is better than Spellpower, but not by a lot. Kings is only 5% now and the amount of crit you gain with Int. isn't near the amount you gain with critical strike rating.

Would you guys play WOW2 on PS4?

Stuff like fishing or casting abilities like death and decay/blizzard wouldn't be very efficient with a controller, and if I can't use my custom UI I basically can't play WoW. The PS4 would need to be a box that connects to my TV but is in every other way my desktop PC for me to play PC games on it.

Tarazet

Yes, it's 1:1 ratio for Int to Spellpower, and a small increase in chance to crit. 500 Int = about 0.2% extra chance to crit. The 502 is most likely an improvement unless you're a healer (since it has Hit).

I'm having a hard time deciding when I want to break 4-piece on my ilvl 483 set for 502 items. Having Dark Soul on a super short cooldown sure is nice.

I already had 2pc T15 when I finally got 4pc T14 (kill #48, fuck yourself Lei Shi) but for what it's worth MrRobot tells me 2pc T15 is slightly better.

And in the same vein, if you're only doing LFRs, they say 4pc with the rep 522 chest is better than say 2pc + more 522 rep items.

Welp time to get back to WoW. After finishing bioshock infinite I don't even know what game I will be buying next. I only have a PC and I don't see any games in the next few months I'm interested in unless starbound or amnesia mop comes out. Next thing I will probably buy game wise is a PS4 lol. If anyone wants to add me it's plbelanger#1923 I'm on stormrage

So here's a question for anybody who's beated Horridon on normal...

How the hell did you do it? We're still stuck at either the first door, or we down it but we have 3 dps down every time.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. :(

If it makes you feel better, we're stuck on him too, though we're now at Door 3. We almost made it to door 4 last week.

Hang in there.

mclem

So here's a question for anybody who's beated Horridon on normal...

How the hell did you do it? We're still stuck at either the first door, or we down it but we have 3 dps down every time.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. :(

We've made it to the third door once with everyone alive. We're having difficulty, though; I seem to have a much better handle on gathering and interrupting the enemies than the other tank, but the tank swaps necessitate him having to do some of the doors. At the moment I'm thinking we might get away with him on Horridon on the first and second door (HoP in between), me on Horridon on the third which isn't very tankable *anyway*, and he should lose his debuff by the fourth.

I hadn't realised 10-man was unusually harshly tuned, I thought we were just sucking.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
7U9B98j.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pumped. Had him at like 15% when the 2nd doom lord spawned, so I knew I had it. Slightly adjusted stategy plus going from a 475 weapon to a 502 made all the difference.

strafer

Finally finished my Mage transmog with MOP additions. (sword, offhand, cape)

wowpic_zpscfb6e004.png

Well I could fix the shoes but apart from that.... what glow is jade spirit btw?

Now to work on my Warrior and Paladin though my Warrior is mostly done... need Molten Core shoes + plate shoulders of Firelands Rag...

Is that the dress from AQ?

foladar

Considering messing around with WoW this summer, but as of now, which is best for battlegrounds and overall enjoyment (ie how decent are they): rogue, warlock, hunter, pally?

I have two on one account, two on another account (without MOP) but waiting until I could devote enough time to the game to give it another shot.

Westlo

What effect does the caster dps shado-pan assault 522 valor trinket have when it activates? It's like a souped up version of the LFR Sha drop but I really like the arcane power effect on that one lol.

RPGCrazied

Sad, I'm on my alt hunter who is 51. I pass by Chromehound and want to tame him, being beastmastery, I thought I could. Looking it up, I can't tame exotic pets until level 69? Boo.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sad, I'm on my alt hunter who is 51. I pass by Chromehound and want to tame him, being beastmastery, I thought I could. Looking it up, I can't tame exotic pets until level 69? Boo.

Chromehound? pfft. Real hunter go into BWL and tame chromaggus.

Zemm

If there was a WoW2 and if it was on PS4 then obviously it would be a fundamentally different game compared to 1. Less skills, slower gameplay, longer warnings and so on.

Westlo

It's the same effect :D

My man! /denzel

Edit - Robo Dino dropped his chest for my warrior, nice upgrade from MSV LFR chest, I can now queue for TOT LFR while still having two 450 rings lol. Wait I have a lot of justice on my warrior, time to upgrade to pvp rings.

Angry Grimace

You know why I like Wrathion? Because all of his story actually occurred in game.

Westlo

So I saw this dethrone guildmaster option and clicked it and got promoted to guild master, was a bit lol wtf. Seems all the High ranks have been away from this game for months so for some reason it defaulted to me, just a leveling guild but whatever, it's 25. Maybe I'll mass kick everyone who hasn't logged on for a month and than get one of those guild invite spamming things, got all heirlooms and whatever, no one chats in this guild anyway lol, just want the leveling perks + heilooms and only seen like 10 on at the most.

RPGCrazied

Chromehound? pfft. Real hunter go into BWL and tame chromaggus.

But that would mean going through razorgore, that is no fun to solo. I'll just look for him again, I think if I go in the mornings I'll find him again. I think they made rare spawns spawn a little faster.

ZenaxPure

But that would mean going through razorgore, that is no fun to solo. I'll just look for him again, I think if I go in the mornings I'll find him again. I think they made rare spawns spawn a little faster.

Razorgore is pretty easy to solo now since the changes back at the start of the xpac, but, yeah the rare spawn is the easy way to go. It's what I did on my lazy hunter!

Berordn

You know why I like Wrathion? Because all of his story actually occurred in game.

Hey remember that time that Krasus did all that stuff and "rightfully" earned his seat as the aspect of magic? Or when Arthas snapped because the inevitability of death after watching Invincible die in his arms was too much for his feeble paladin mind to take? Or that time Cho'gall was empowered by C'thun, because Old Gods cannot die? Or when Malfurion did... anything?

I love the Mogu and Mantid for that reason too. They've executed the story so well in Pandaria it makes me wonder if Metzen's been taking the expansion off.

Started to level my 85 rogue... 30 yard teleport openers? Significantly faster move speed while *in* stealth? What hax madness is this. No idea what I'll do with it if I hit 90. Running three characters through LFR sounds terrible -_-

Westlo

Started to level my 85 rogue... 30 yard teleport openers? Significantly faster move speed while *in* stealth? What hax madness is this. No idea what I'll do with it if I hit 90. Running three characters through LFR sounds terrible -_-

MSV isn't too bad because queue times are like 6 mins for DPS.... afterwarrds... well lets just say I haven't even bothetred to take my Mage through ToT LFr due to the 1 hr queue....

And man kinda want to level a rogue now lol.

ZenaxPure

Hey remember that time that Krasus did all that stuff and "rightfully" earned his seat as the aspect of magic?

Wait, what stuff did Krasus do before turning into the aspect other than chatting a lot with Thrall?

Anyhow, I am pretty happy to see a lot more story in game as well but I also like that we have books. I don't feel like everything is worth a quest chain, since you mentioned it, Kalecgos becoming the blue aspect makes more sense in a book to me than it does as part of some sort of quest chain (as it occurred during Cata, if it had happened during WOTLK a quest would have made more sense). The Theramore stuff on the other hand should have absolutely been in the game, it's the set piece moment that literally starts this expansion and we didn't even get a end of expansion event (you know, like all the other expansions) leading up to the Theramore scenario or anything, though, Blizzard has said they consider that a mistake so it probably won't happen again.

Also to be fair I'm pretty glad Malfurion being a tree wasn't a quest chain in game, that way less people had to experience it.

ZenaxPure

Nothing, it was a poorly executed joke :(

:(

Now that you guys mention it though, this is actually one of the reasons the Firelands daily hub is without a doubt my favorite part of Cata. I loved the Thrall quest line, I love that we got see Alysrazor be born, I love that stuff we did in Hyjal and the NPCs we met while leveling played a role in Firelands, I love that the bosses of Firelands themselves were actually causing trouble in the Molten Front, Hamuul's near death experience and his recovery, pretty much everything about that patch was amazing except for the part where you did Firelands on Heroic.

Rokam

Hunter is one lucky sob, first week in Throne already have 2 piece. Still using a 463 weapon though, and I've run Terrace enough times that I don't feel like ever going back.

Slayerx

Didn't have much time to play pet battles but finally done with Cataclysm. It's so weird that none of the Cataclysm tamers were even half as difficult as the Northrend grandmaster for me.

Got 3 secrets of the empire out of 7 boss kills, seems like a very good drop rate. Really enjoying the legendary questline in general apart from that 6k valor requirement and not because I don't play but because stuff I would rather do doesn't reward it (like.....pet battles) :p

The female troll model from the alpha is something else...That creepy face expression is the stuff of nightmares.

Tarazet

Every once in a while, you run into amazing players. I got into a Scarlet Halls, and when I went in to pull Armsmaster Harlan, one of the DPS pulled the pats by mistake. The quick-thinking warlock pulled the mobs inside, but the two other DPS got locked out. Unfortunately, the warlock also got killed by the mobs he pulled in, leaving just me with the healer and all the adds. So we proceeded to two-man Harlan and the extra packs that had gotten pulled, from 90% to dead. Granted, I outgeared heroics a long time ago, but this Priest was in blues and greens, and he kept us both up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom