• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerx

Damn monks, rolling on the same gear as me.

:(

A dps one just took my tanking trinket, monks are the new night elf hunters/death knights confirmed.

....and I knew who he was, it was a poor attempt of making fun of Draenei, pretty sure they are below gnomes on the Blizzard ladder.

Enosh

Who is that behind Jaina? I don't think I've ever seen him before. Introduced in Mists?
not sure if joke about lack of draenei lore in game or serious
edit: should have read the whole page :(
shame on me

The most hilarious thing would be if there is a Burning Legion expansion, maybe even taking us to Argus, and Draenei don't get any attention.
if we ever get to another BL expansion it will be all about orcs and their relationship to the BL and Turalyon and Alleria will be neutral quest givers

oh and Velen might show up in a cutscene or something
maybe

^^

Entropia

No One Remembers
not sure if joke about lack of draenei lore in game or serious
edit: should have read the whole page :(
shame on me

if we ever get to another BL expansion it will be all about orcs and their relationship to the BL and Turalyon and Alleria will be neutral quest givers

maybe

^^

So true.

It'd just be like "Hey Turalyon, give me a quest"
"Ok go kill 5 fel demons"
"Thanks"

Like fuck, I didn't even know that Garona was in Cata :|

maybe

^^

I remember our resident lore fanatic in Vanilla and BC going bonkers about Turalyon and Alleria when BC was announced. So much for that.

Did they ever follow up quest wise when during vannila if you had got to naxx and got that sword off one of the horsemen then went to the scarlet crusade, they would be netutral and the instance was one long cut scene pointing to space?

I left before Bc came out so I have no idea myself and it popped into my head earlier.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did they ever follow up quest wise when during vannila if you had got to naxx and got that sword off one of the horsemen then went to the scarlet crusade, they would be netutral and the instance was one long cut scene pointing to space?

I left before Bc came out so I have no idea myself and it popped into my head earlier.

lol, no. Tirion randomly gets it in Wrath. :|

Also, help me get hyped for buying BlizzCon tickets, I feel totally apathetic about it.

lol, no. Tirion randomly gets it in Wrath. :|

Also, help me get hyped for buying BlizzCon tickets, I feel totally apathetic about it.

After the PAX debacle I struggle to get hyped about buying any high-demand tickets. At least blizzcon has the virtual PPV ticket which offers plenty of coverage.

The droprate on secrets of the empire makes me want to cut myself sometimes. Been at 19/20 for a long while now and the last four bosses have stiffed me. 3 left :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The droprate on secrets of the empire makes me want to cut myself sometimes. Been at 19/20 for a long while now and the last four bosses have stiffed me. 3 left :(

Bah, I heard they had pretty decent droprates.

Bizazedo

At 18/20 myself and only done one LFR thus far. 3 LFR's / normal ToT raid to go.

And after that, a Nalak kill.....which sucks. He's so easy, no one does him past Wednesday on my server due to everyone having done it / small server size.

At least we can X-realm again.

strafer

This is what I'm currently working on. Now that MoP has added caster swords.

MZ8NlBf.jpg

qlUxMrY.jpg

Nrp55tw.jpg

Just started that quest this week. Did all 4 LFR wings. One (1) secret.... yeah. Starting to look back fondly on that 6000 valor quest, at least I knew that would be over in 6 weeks time =/

Just started that quest this week. Did all 4 LFR wings. One (1) secret.... yeah. Starting to look back fondly on that 6000 valor quest, at least I knew that would be over in 6 weeks time =/

The Secrets only drop in ToT? I'll be at around 1,900 valor for Test of Valor when I cap this week so I'm not to that part yet.

Yesterday's ToT was pretty good. I think I had four pieces of gear drop in total, though two weren't upgrades. But I got a new trinket (Talisman of Blood, I think it's called? Took place over my Bottle of Infinite Stars), and I got the T15 pants to give me the two-piece bonus (though it replaced my 496 T14 pants and two-piece bonus, so not a huge upgrade).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well, I finished my 4-piece last night. The one downside of getting loot now is that I'm still working on the Valor part of the legendary, so by the time I'm looking for Secrets of the first empire, those will probably be the only thing I'm running any part of ToT for.

ZenaxPure

Interesting that they're giving Moira the spotlight instead of... anyone else.

At least she is striving to not be a crazy person this expansion. She might have been the worst Dwarf ever up until next patch.

The Secrets only drop in ToT? I'll be at around 1,900 valor for Test of Valor when I cap this week so I'm not to that part yet.

Yeah, they only drop in ToT, but it's from any boss. I haven't really found the drop rate to be that bad honestly. I am 19/20 right now and I still have the final wing of LFR left. I think getting 19 right now despite the fact that all the LFR wings weren't unlocked until last week isn't really that bad. Random is random of course, but, strictly from a LFR point of view we've only had something like 80 chances of getting them so far (if you add up how long each wing has been unlocked through the weeks). So the fact that I am basically already at 20 with 80 kills doesn't make the drop rate look that terrible.

bunbun777

So since my guild has moved to a busier server we can now do 25 mans. Last night I got a thunderforged Exsanguinator from the first boss, then on Horridon used a charm and won Vaccinator's Wraps (also thunderforged). Then today managed to get the 502 offhand from Iron Quon. Good stuff ...item level now 505.

Tarazet

Yeah, they only drop in ToT, but it's from any boss. I haven't really found the drop rate to be that bad honestly. I am 19/20 right now and I still have the final wing of LFR left. I think getting 19 right now despite the fact that all the LFR wings weren't unlocked until last week isn't really that bad. Random is random of course, but, strictly from a LFR point of view we've only had something like 80 chances of getting them so far (if you add up how long each wing has been unlocked through the weeks). So the fact that I am basically already at 20 with 80 kills doesn't make the drop rate look that terrible.

I only got onto the quest last week.. I ran 10 bosses, plus normal Jin'rokh, and got 3 Secrets. That seems painfully low.

Bizazedo

I only got onto the quest last week.. I ran 10 bosses, plus normal Jin'rokh, and got 3 Secrets. That seems painfully low.

The eventual item you get from it is ridiculously good. It's a Legendary quest chain quest.

What would you prefer the drop rate to be? From your sample size, it looks like 27% (I know the sample size is not big enough, but since your experience is 27% and you say it's way too low, I have to ask.)

Another interesting question to add is, can you get a Secret from normal Jin'rokh AND LFR Jin'rokh the same week? You can't get rep.

If not, it means you hit 30% (I'm assuming you can, though.)

ZenaxPure

3/11 is about 27% which isn't bad at all.

Exactly, that is a rather high drop chance. You shouldn't expect to be done with the quest in just a couple of weeks, it's not designed like that, but, 25% is not what I would consider "painfully low".

Also it's worth noting that the secrets work like the Shado-Pan assault rep. You only get 1 chance at them per boss per week. I don't know if one of the 10 LFR bosses you did was Jin'rokh but if it was that would technically mean 3/10 which is an even higher drop rate.

Edit: Just for the sake of getting more numbers out there (since I am painfully bad at any sort of math) I am currently at 62 boss kills total with 19 secrets, that seems pretty decent to me.

Berordn

3/10 = 30%
19/62 = 30.65%

Need a bigger sample size, but based on what we've got in this thread alone it looks like 30%. I'd say that's not bad at all for a legendary drop. With the reduction in the 5.1 segment coming, it looks like the ultimate goal was to make it possible to catchup.

ZenaxPure

With the reduction in the 5.1 segment coming, it looks like the ultimate goal was to make it possible to catchup.

I think they realized the grind for the 5.1 stuff was silly since the 5.0 grind technically was supposed to be relevant when 5.1 dropped. I know personally I didn't get done with the original part until December, which was well into 5.1 (again, of course, that is only with LFR supporting me).

Seems like they've realized this for 5.3, so that's good. Even if you don't finish the current grind until close to 5.4 it appears the 5.3 stuff won't be slowing that progress even further, so far anyway.

TimeKillr

Oh wow, now I've seen everything.

I get into last wing of LFR.

There's this healer who goes "No way I'm healing this!" but refuses to leave because of the deserter debuff, so what does he do? He aggros the first 2 mobs by himself, dies, then refuses to leave until we kick him. Because, hey, no deserter debuff!

This is ridiculous. Lei Shen is already a bad fight in LFR, and *every single run* I get into I'm at Lei Shen, no matter what. People just get to him and just up and leave.

Oh wow, now I've seen everything.

I get into last wing of LFR.

There's this healer who goes "No way I'm healing this!" but refuses to leave because of the deserter debuff, so what does he do? He aggros the first 2 mobs by himself, dies, then refuses to leave until we kick him. Because, hey, no deserter debuff!

This is ridiculous. Lei Shen is already a bad fight in LFR, and *every single run* I get into I'm at Lei Shen, no matter what. People just get to him and just up and leave.

I was sort of amused yesterday because in the guild I recently joined a couple 90s were talking about needing to gear up for LFR. So one asked if anyone would run a heroic with them. I volunteered since I'm well geared and would help him fly through it. He had one other non-guild member in the party as well for the other DPS spot. We get in there and I'm doing around 80-120k per pull and the other two are between 10-20k. The tank is furious. Turns out both the other guys, one being the guild guy I was helping, are in there as dps wearing tanking gear and it obviously was showing. I felt a little bad when they voted to kick my guild member out (he was the lower dps of the two) but I stayed and finished clearing it because I feel responsible once I'm in.

Afterwards I told him I didn't vote to have him kicked and he just replied something like, "Those guys were assholes, but it doesn't matter, I'm done with dungeons!"

I think this is mostly amusing/ridiculous in a "you had to be there" way but I can't understand the mindset of the person who goes in knowing full well they'll be terrible dps and then gets mad at the people properly doing their job for calling them out. Suppose that's just an immature mindset that I have a harder time understanding.

Oh well! And thanks for all the information about the Secrets. It'll be a month before I can start collecting them (or sooner whenever 5.3 hits). Also, probably only a week or two away from 55 exalted reps. Going to have a tough time after that, though.

As far as Secrets go, it seems like the RNG gods like to mess with people.

I was 12/20 this week when I started. Now I'm 16/20 with a wing of LFR left to do. This is the most I've ever gotten at one time. I'm wondering if the other things you have to collect after you get the Crown of Heaven are as rare, but at that point it won't matter because you already HAVE the crown.

I guess it'd be nice to have it done before 5.3 so you can go in there and get the cloak right away.

Hoping for some loot on Saturday for raid night. :)

Enosh

3/10 = 30%
19/62 = 30.65%

Need a bigger sample size, but based on what we've got in this thread alone it looks like 30%. I'd say that's not bad at all for a legendary drop. With the reduction in the 5.1 segment coming, it looks like the ultimate goal was to make it possible to catchup.
20/61 = 32%

so yeah, about 30%

also my guild might be falling apart
again
fml

stupid heroic bosses -.-
so much issues with surviving the balls on the first one, think like 4 people know what the fuck to do the rest just die

LadyRiven

Only one of my guildies who was trying to get tickets to Blizzcon tonight managed to make it to the front of the queue. Oh well. Hopefully most of us will manage on Saturday. We have enough people coordinating that we've never not managed to get a ticket for everyone who wanted one.

ZenaxPure

The leather belt bug would bother me but I am a pretty huge stickler for matching sets. Until I get all of a new tier I just use the old tier instead (or a random other set if I am in the mood for a change). I am currently rolling around in T14 until I get all the pices of T15, so the belt bug won't even be an issue for me!

Only problem is I am a rogue and it appears the only boots that match the rogue set are a trash drop, which means... the more bags I get instead of loot the better? I guess. On the plus side it means I can get them from the treasure run I guess.

Speaking of loot though, I did not realize there was shared loot from bosses this tier. I killed a boss and got a dagger off of him despite the fact the dungeon journal didn't list that dagger on his loot table. Pretty thankful for that actually since it means nearly every boss will give me a chance at a second weapon upgrade now.

cdyhybrid

I need a good 1H transmog. I have a Rune Sword and it fits alright thematically with the Shado-Pan look I have going, but I like big weapons. The Rune Sword is a bit too small for my tastes. So I want something that fits the theme but still looks like it would cause serious damage if I hit someone with it.

CassSept

I'm 11/20 Secrets doing the whole ToT lfr every week. So it must be a very low drop rate.

You must be very unlucky. I have 11/20 Secrets and I had a month of downtime because my account had been hacked and recovering my account took some fighting.

I've done approximately 36 bosses in ToT so ~30% drop rate makes sense. That's pretty good.

...certainly better than Sigils of Wisdom >.>

Bizazedo

I'm 11/20 Secrets doing the whole ToT lfr every week. So it must be a very low drop rate.

As has been said, you're just very unlucky. I was at 18/20 Secrets yesterday and did one LFR, got 2 Secrets from 3 bosses.

I still have two LFR's to do this week to start on the next step.

The drop rate is probably 20-30%. Which...is good.

RNG is RNG, though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Only one of my guildies who was trying to get tickets to Blizzcon tonight managed to make it to the front of the queue. Oh well. Hopefully most of us will manage on Saturday. We have enough people coordinating that we've never not managed to get a ticket for everyone who wanted one.

Hopefully we get tickets on Saturday :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom