• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Blizzard is selling more of the MoP CE, in case you want one. But the pet and mount aren't that good looking. I have yet to even mount on that mount, or summon the pet. Lol

Why can't they sell Wrath CE again? :(

I wish I bought them up around here. We had them hanging around our Frys for the longest time. No more, obviously. Been too long.

I'm curious how many they'll print in the future. I think the digital version went over well. I'll still take the physical one though. Own them all and I love opening them up and looking through the books and items from time to time.

RPGCrazied

I wish I bought them up around here. We had them hanging around our Frys for the longest time. No more, obviously. Been too long.

I'm curious how many they'll print in the future. I think the digital version went over well. I'll still take the physical one though. Own them all and I love opening them up and looking through the books and items from time to time.

Yeah. The artbook / soundtrack / making of's is what I like most. Their artbooks are amazing, other developers should take notice, this is how you make one.

2/12 Titan Runestones.

What's a good resource for macros? I really want to minimize the buttons I press. I'd love to have Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick on the same button.

ZenaxPure

2/12 Titan Runestones.

What's a good resource for macros? I really want to minimize the buttons I press. I'd love to have Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick on the same button.

There might be some super special secret macro wizardry I don't know about, but, generally you can't have 2 spells on a GCD in a macro.

There might be some super special secret macro wizardry I don't know about, but, generally you can't have 2 spells on a GCD in a macro.

I was thinking more along the lines of something that let me use blackout kick while RSK is on cooldown, and then prioritizes RSK when it's off cooldown, and then switches back to blackout kick.

I'm not familiar with macros. It might not be able to be done. Right now, I only have a macro for Jab to activate my Synapse Springs.

Berordn

I was thinking more along the lines of something that let me use blackout kick while RSK is on cooldown, and then prioritizes RSK when it's off cooldown, and then switches back to blackout kick.

I'm not familiar with macros. It might not be able to be done. Right now, I only have a macro for Jab to activate my Synapse Springs.

There's no command quite that versatile, but if you know how many blackout kicks you can get in before RSK is off cooldown, you could use a /castsequence macro.

Zertez

How do Charms of Good Fortune, do they just give a chance at getting a higher roll on an item from a bosses normal loot table? If so what does that mean when a bunch of other people use them as well. Wouldnt that just be a wash if everyone else is using something to help improve their own roll? The only thing I can think of is maybe the Charms have a separate loot table to roll on and everyone is rewarded above a set roll number instead of only one winner on an item.

ZenaxPure

How do Charms of Good Fortune, do they just give a chance at getting a higher roll on an item from a bosses normal loot table? If so what does that mean when a bunch of other people use them as well. Wouldnt that just be a wash if everyone else is using something to help improve their own roll? The only thing I can think of is maybe the Charms have a separate loot table to roll on and everyone is rewarded above a set roll number instead of only one winner on an item.

Uh, in LFR rolls are not tied to any set number like normal raid bosses. In theory all 25 people can receive an item from a boss kill in LFR. And even further into crazy theory town if 25 people all use an extra roll everyone can get 2 items off 1 boss kill so 50 items total.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

You use it, and an item will just drop into your inventory. You don't roll against anyone else.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
After almost going a year without WoW (my previous best was 1 1/2 months) I'm dragging my feet coming back... I've already bought MoP and it's on it's way so it's a done deal.

Since I've been out of the loop for so long I've been curious what the general consensus has been on Mists. How it's been received and whether Blizzard have delivered on a lot of the promises they made at Blizzcon '12 and throughout the long build up to launch.
I suppose I'd just like to know if they came close to nailing everything they tried and how the expansion has come together all up.

I guess I'll find out soon enough but would anyone mind giving their 2 cents?

ZenaxPure

Since I've been out of the loop for so long I've been curious what the general consensus has been on Mists. How it's been received and whether Blizzard have delivered on a lot of the promises they made at Blizzcon '12 and throughout the long build up to launch.
I suppose I'd just like to know if they came close to nailing everything they tried and how the expansion has come together all up.

Unless they fuck something up by the end this will be the best expansion as far as I'm concerned.

But, I think Blizzard did a good job this time around not biting off more than they can chew. Pretty much everything from Blizzcon made its way into the game (I can't really think of anything that got cut so far) and for the first time ever they've managed to push out patches at a fast pace. We're ~7 months through the expansion and we're about to get our third patch, and we know 1 more is coming before the end of the expansion, and maybe even another after that (so either 4 of 5 patches total)

There has been some rough spots for sure, but, blizzard has gone out of their way to fix any major complaints the expansion has brought in, and, they've been really open about it all on twitter and in blue posts. Even recently did a live Q and A session. About the only thing they haven't been able to stem off is people upset that there won't be any new 5 mans this expansion because they don't want a repeat of Dragon Soul.

iboh

Banned
I quit mists a few months ago, and I can say it isnt the worst expansion but not even close to best. Wotlk was IMO the overall best expansion, with burning crusade coming in next. Cataclysm was the worst, and this is right ahead of that. The game has been watered down and dumbed down too much. Theres no challenge, no climax... its just a sad stale figure of what WoW used to be.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I quit mists a few months ago, and I can say it isnt the worst expansion but not even close to best. Wotlk was IMO the overall best expansion, with burning crusade coming in next. Cataclysm was the worst, and this is right ahead of that. The game has been watered down and dumbed down too much. Theres no challenge, no climax... its just a sad stale figure of what WoW used to be.

I assume you did heroic ToES and had all gold challenge mode right?

Just because its not as hard as a korean grind-fest MMO to level up or do ANYTHING anymore doesnt mean the game is easy. There's hard shit to do now, simply playing the game isn't hard.

Sciz

Can't do conditional behavior like that in a macro.

iboh

Banned
I assume you did heroic ToES and had all gold challenge mode right?

Just because its not as hard as a korean grind-fest MMO to level up or do ANYTHING anymore doesn't mean the game is easy. There's hard shit to do now, simply playing the game isn't hard.

You dont have to actually play/complete 100% of the game to say that you've beat it, completed it, etc, blah blah blah. I played enough of Mists to know that it was 'meh'. Thats my opinion. Grinding daily quests, every day, to get points/badges, to buy gear that is on par or worse than the gear you get through the raids, which you have to do to get the points as well, seems.... pointless to me? There is no draw to the game anymore.

And yes Im comparing it to when it first came out. The 2 hours of trash didnt make the game fun, it was the camaraderie, and the act of actually working together. Now, LFR is almost just as viable. I dont find Heroic modes of Raids that enjoyable, its the same encounter with added smaller features just to harden the difficulty. I enjoy originality. I equate it to difference between Difficult and Legendary mode in Halo. I dont get enjoyment from playing Legendary mode, since its not much different, just more of the same enemies.

Couple that with rinse/repeat every day/week, same things? Game has gotten stale sadly, and this is coming from someone that played since beta. It has fallen far from what it used to be.

ZenaxPure

So let me get this straight:
You say the game isn't hard but don't do heroic modes or challenge dungeons?
You say you need to do dailies to get gear but then raiding replaces that gear?
You say there is no more sense of community but all you do is LFR?

Someone tell me this is all some sort of fever dream, because I can't believe I just read all that.

iboh

Banned
So let me get this straight:
You say the game isn't hard but don't do heroic modes or challenge dungeons?
You say you need to do dailies to get gear but then raiding replaces that gear?
You say there is no more sense of community but all you do is LFR?

Someone tell me this is all some sort of fever dream, because I can't believe I just read all that.

Im saying I havent done the heroic modes of the current raids. I tried the challenge dungeons, while they had challenges, it wasn't interesting.

I said you need to do dailies, which gets you rep and points/badges, which raiding gets you the same thing. The raid gear is better than daily badge/point gear, so youre forced to constantly grind/do dailies EVERY DAY to get anywhere. Every. Day. Because of the cap, you have to do it as much as possible, but then theres a weekly cap as well. Also, no rep is attainable through dungeons, (was in Wotlk) so you have to do dailies, again, as well.

No, there is no sense of community. LFR ruined that, by making raiding available to everyone.

In this world, everyone is not created equal, or else we would all make the same money, have no advantages over anyone else, etc. I personally, enjoy the hard work and what comes with that hard work. New version of WoW does not credit that hard work, I feel. Its system is a major downgrade from what it USED TO BE.

I dont understand what is so hard to understand from me saying this

PS - please dont tell me you think LFR is a 'community'? I ran it this expansion and in cataclysm, and its a hurry up loot fest. It was a joke, and not much fun at all. Getting thrown together with random people, all loot hungry

Berordn

Im saying I havent done the heroic modes of the current raids. I tried the challenge dungeons, while they had challenges, it wasn't interesting.

I said you need to do dailies, which gets you rep and points/badges, which raiding gets you the same thing. The raid gear is better than daily badge/point gear, so youre forced to constantly grind/do dailies EVERY DAY to get anywhere. Every. Day. Because of the cap, you have to do it as much as possible, but then theres a weekly cap as well. Also, no rep is attainable through dungeons, (was in Wotlk) so you have to do dailies, again, as well.

No, there is no sense of community. LFR ruined that, by making raiding available to everyone.

In this world, everyone is not created equal, or else we would all make the same money, have no advantages over anyone else, etc. I personally, enjoy the hard work and what comes with that hard work. New version of WoW does not credit that hard work, I feel. Its system is a major downgrade from what it USED TO BE.

I dont understand what is so hard to understand from me saying this

PS - please dont tell me you think LFR is a 'community'? I ran it this expansion and in cataclysm, and its a hurry up loot fest. It was a joke, and not much fun at all. Getting thrown together with random people, all loot hungry

Challenge mode is arguably harder than normal mode raids and forces you to band together with people you know, fostering a community.

Normal mode raiding requires you to band together with a group of people you know until later tiers when they're all PUGable, fostering a community.

Dailies are optional. You can set foot in a raid without ever using any of the gear you get from there, making them much more efficient ways to gear up, encouraging you to band together with a group of people you know, fostering a community. Alternatively, you could do them quicker with assistance from people on your server, encouraging participation as a group and fostering a community.

LFR is optional and gives worse rewards than anything else in that tier. To truly progress you're encouraged to band together with a- yeah.

Whatever your experience is, it's not the intended one. Just because everyone can actually participate in all the content in the game now doesn't mean there's no community, it just means that the weekend warriors don't get excluded. You don't have to play with them, and the game is just as challenging and rewarding as it used to be. You're rewarded for tackling the harder stuff, with better gear, mounts, achievements, pets... And everyone else still gets to see the impressive set pieces and raid models, footing the bill for the community and keeping the content flowing.

iboh

Banned
Challenge mode is arguably harder than normal mode raids and forces you to band together with people you know, fostering a community.

Normal mode raiding requires you to band together with a group of people you know until later tiers when they're all PUGable, fostering a community.

Dailies are optional. You can set foot in a raid without ever using any of the gear you get from there, making them much more efficient ways to gear up, encouraging you to band together with a group of people you know, fostering a community. Alternatively, you could do them quicker with assistance from people on your server, encouraging participation as a group and fostering a community.

LFR is optional and gives worse rewards than anything else in that tier. To truly progress you're encouraged to band together with a- yeah.

Whatever your experience is, it's not the intended one. Just because everyone can actually participate in all the content in the game now doesn't mean there's no community, it just means that the weekend warriors don't get excluded. You don't have to play with them, and the game is just as challenging and rewarding as it used to be. You're rewarded for tackling the harder stuff, with better gear, mounts, achievements, pets... And everyone else still gets to see the impressive set pieces and raid models, footing the bill for the community and keeping the content flowing.

Well I disagree entirely, but I guess thats why we are all entitled to our own opinions

Throne of Thunder has arguably the most difficult encounters with the most complex mechanics that Blizzard has ever designed, especially on heroic. Heroic modes in raids add mechanics that aren't present on normal, sometimes changing the fight drastically. You said you loved WotLK, but heroics there did the same thing? It's the exact opposite of the Halo comparison where all it is +health/damage. If anything, it's more like the pinnacle of FPS difficulty settings, Perfect Dark, where higher difficulty settings added additional objectives/areas of the level.

How is the hard work in downing heroic Lei Shen not credited compared to say heroic LK? Because someone else can faceroll it in LFR with half the mechanics and get gear 40 ilvls lower? Why does that affect you? Is LFR beneath you? But you don't want to do non-LFRs because it's not your style of hard, despite being the same style of hard as your favorite expansion.

There's more options and more depth than ever before. It's totally ok to be done with WoW and just had enough of it, but saying that it's all shallow and watered down is just flat out wrong =P

Sciz

The raid gear is better than daily badge/point gear, so youre forced to constantly grind/do dailies EVERY DAY to get anywhere.

So raid for the better gear and... don't do dailies? I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Dailies are completely optional now anyway. You can hunt rares for gobs of rep, and I'd have to go out of my way to not valor cap even while completely ignoring them.

Westlo

Da fuck?

Outside of Tillers I haven't done a single daily on my Paladin alt and her ilevel is 486. (482 if I swap out the 522 epic crafted helm for the 458 crafted helm I use in my holy gear)

Zero Golden Lotus
Zero Isle of Thunder (i did the quest which isn't a daily to be able to turn into whatever the fuck that thing is that jumps real far so I can get treasure troves)
Zero Klaxxi, got honored from just questing to hit 90.

ZenaxPure

I wish I could expand my farm even more. I want to be able to farm enough Spirit Dust per day to upgrade into a Sha Crystal.

I always check in on the Panda and Mogu Sorceror rare spawn (and Warscouts in any zone I guess) in Kun-Lai for this reason. Today has been good to me as well, gotten a total of 6 big bag of enchanting mats, I usually only get the bag once every couple of days. I've got enough mats to make my daily Sha crystal for a while now.

ZenaxPure

Looks like 5.3 is near release. That's good because that means 5.4 can hit PTR.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/260283-preparing-for-patch-53-escalation/

Yeah, I'm excited about that as well. I imagine we will start hearing 5.4 stuff within a month of 5.3 release. I think I am actually more excited for 5.3 because of my love for the Brawler's Guild, but, I really want to see if Proving Grounds and the other unannounced big feature make it into 5.4 or get pushed backed/scrapped. Hope at least one of them makes it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
5.3 is going to be like 5.1 right? No new raids or 5 mans, just a few new scenarios and a new daily hub to advance the plot?

RPGCrazied

I just don't see how much more content they can bring out before needing to get out the new expansion. I mean, its still 6 months away until blizzcon. What is after 5.4 I wonder? They said nothing big as ToT until next expansion, so I'm quite puzzled what they think we will be doing for a year or more.

Bisnic

I just don't see how much more content they can bring out before needing to get out the new expansion. I mean, its still 6 months away until blizzcon. What is after 5.4 I wonder? They said nothing big as ToT until next expansion, so I'm quite puzzled what they think we will be doing for a year or more.

Yeah, that's what I've been wondering too. 5.4 can't be the last patch of MoP, or else we'll have another WOTLK situation where there is no new content for almost a year before the next expansion. At the rate that they're releasing patches, 5.4 might be out in September.

I suppose they'll do a 5.5 patch around December similar to 5.1/5.3 to prepare us for the next expansion and (I suppose) the Burning Legion return.

ZenaxPure

Heroic scenarios, new battleground, new arena and the daily hub is not a daily hub.....someone help me out!

I haven't been on the ptr myself but based on reading the new quest area is just a weekly quest that is a rather large grind to collect a bunch of items. You can find them lying on the ground or by killing enemies in the area. Also there will be random named NPCs that spawn that you can kill for extra resources and random caravans that pop up that you need to escort and at the end you get more resources.

Also 5.3 has a bucket load of new brawler's guild fights and a bunch of vanity items tied to the guild including another Mushan mount.

Some other notable minor changes include the ability for any level 90+ mob out in the world to have a chance to drop lesser charms with rare spawns (minus Zandalari ones) having a 100% chance to drop charms. The ability to select what role you want loot for in LFR (meaning you can que as a healer but set it so that you get DPS or tanking loot), bunch of new battle pets being added plus some fairly major changes to how the combat works (going to be even more similar to Pokemon proper after the patch), and heroic scenarios (first one of the day) plus the daily challenge mode dungeon quest now give chests that can have item level 516 loot (meaning yes, you can get better gear than LFR from 5 mans and heroic scenarios now).

Er, actually they said the Siege of Org raid will be about the same size as ToT boss-wise and will not all take place in Orgrimmar (a lot of it will probably take place under RFC because the scenario in RFC ends when you find a door you cannot open so you're told to report back to Vol'jin about it).

strafer

Yeah, that's what I've been wondering too. 5.4 can't be the last patch of MoP, or else we'll have another WOTLK situation where there is no new content for almost a year before the next expansion. At the rate that they're releasing patches, 5.4 might be out in September.

I suppose they'll do a 5.5 patch around December similar to 5.1/5.3 to prepare us for the next expansion and (I suppose) the Burning Legion return.

Can't wait to see a Burning Legion cinematic.

Bizazedo

Some other notable minor changes include the ability for any level 90+ mob out in the world to have a chance to drop lesser charms with rare spawns (minus Zandalari ones) having a 100% chance to drop charms. The ability to select what role you want loot for in LFR (meaning you can que as a healer but set it so that you get DPS or tanking loot), bunch of new battle pets being added plus some fairly major changes to how the combat works (going to be even more similar to Pokemon proper after the patch), and heroic scenarios (first one of the day) plus the daily challenge mode dungeon quest now give chests that can have item level 516 loot (meaning yes, you can get better gear than LFR from 5 mans and heroic scenarios now).

I have 3100 lesser charms already :(.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
5.3 will probably hit the week I would hit 6000 valor for the legendary quest anyway, so the reduction to 3000 won't actually benefit me. meta blizz trolling.

ZenaxPure

I have 3100 lesser charms already :(.

I know bro, I know. I am getting pretty close to 2000 myself. Here's to hoping we get a way to easily dump them by the end of the expansion. Simple exchange to gold will do, I just don't want them to be completely useless!

Bisnic

I'm up to a point where I only do dailies to get 50 lesser charms and never touch them for the rest of the week. There's no point in continuing to do dailies when you're exalted and have enough gold. 2000-3100 lesser charms? Damn. Aren't you getting tired of doing those ToT dailies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom