• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Man, it feels almost weird not having really played in about a month. (Been playing the hell outta MH3U.)

Server's still dead as ever though. :\

(I may hop back on my Shaman or DK and play around.)

Read up on some of the 5.3 changes...and my Hunter's getting wacked with the nerfbat a bit. ;_;

Wow, those Sha touched weapons must be rare. The empress even has some shoulders for me, but after 5 kills she hasn't gave me anything but gold. lol. Also on the boss that mutates people? I have yet to be mutated. Is it random, or certain class that gets hit?

Don't feel too bad. Took me months before I got my Sha Gun.

At times I actually wish blizz would release like 1 vanilla or TBC server so people could go back and actually properly remember all the bullshit.

Remember this thing? Lol

I'd feel ashamed that I did the ENTIRE chain but never did Hyjal if not for the fact Hyjal was the worst raid in this entire game. So I'm pretty glad I missed out, especially as a rogue back when we didn't have an AOE.

Heh, I remember that fun mess of attunements. Had Gruul's and Kara done, and I had Magtheridon's quests partially complete before I went and quit.
Never did SSC when it was current, but I did The Eye a couple of times and I remember some of the trash just devastating people.

ZenaxPure

I kept saying this but I started a shaman a few days ago that I got to 85 earlier today (thanks to a combination of RAF granted levels and guildies wiling to run me through stuff), and now I kind of don't want to stop... My love for chain lightning is slowly overpowering my love for efficient leveling.

Do itttttt. Chain lightning is so stupid and yet so amazing. Nothing says lol like being in greens and doing over 100k dps with 1 button.

I really like this gun model, but... guys... how do I break it to to my hunter she's doing it wrong

pewpewz0zd7.jpg

So my guild is considering transitioning to 25s.

We did kind of a test run for this on Saturday, with a bunch of pugs. One shot Jin'Roku despite someone blowing us up with the electricity shit. On 10s, that's a wipe. My background is 25 man raiding, but it's really something where 25s allow for more room for error AND give you a higher chance at better loot.

Of course, we then get to Horridon, the Demoralizer. All things considered, it wasn't too bad. We actually did get the fourth door closed before a wipe, and considering we hald like 10 pugs, I'm pretty surprised at the result.

I guess we'll see what happens this week. I'm not optimistic, I'm just kinda numb at this point. :|

Robin64

Do itttttt. Chain lightning is so stupid and yet so amazing. Nothing says lol like being in greens and doing over 100k dps with 1 button.

I lost my love of shaman because I played enhance and kinda got bored. Made it to 81! But maybe I should try elemental, then..

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ele is pretty cool. Something about lava burst is just so satisfying.

Tarazet

So, what are the cliff notes for Terrace of Endless Spring bosses? If I wanted to start soon that is.

From what spec perspective? For a DPS this is what you'll be doing:

Protectors - Interrupt Asani so he can be moved easily when he does his heal, focus the raid's target
Tsulong - Stay behind the dragon, drop your stacks in the sunbeam at ~15. During night phase, heal the dragon if you are able when he uses Sun Breath, otherwise kill the adds that spawn around the room
Lei Shi - Stay behind the boss, use ground AoE's when she hides, CC protector elementals (at least on normal) and focus one down
Sha of Fear - Kill adds by attacking them from behind, watch the DBM timer to see when you need to get back into the cone to avoid getting hit by Breath of Fear. When cackled, kill the boss and pick up orbs to prevent him healing. Defensive CD during his Death Blossom.

RPGCrazied

From what spec perspective? For a DPS this is what you'll be doing:

Protectors - Interrupt Asani so he can be moved easily when he does his heal, focus the raid's target
Tsulong - Stay behind the dragon, drop your stacks in the sunbeam at ~15. During night phase, heal the dragon if you are able when he uses Sun Breath, otherwise kill the adds that spawn around the room
Lei Shi - Stay behind the boss, use ground AoE's when she hides, CC protector elementals (at least on normal) and focus one down
Sha of Fear - Kill adds by attacking them from behind, watch the DBM timer to see when you need to get back into the cone to avoid getting hit by Breath of Fear. When cackled, kill the boss and pick up orbs to prevent him healing. Defensive CD during his Death Blossom.

Thanks, am a combat rogue. I now have 9 charms, hope to get some stuff in HoF today before moving on.

CassSept

Thanks, am a combat rogue. I now have 9 charms, hope to get some stuff in HoF today before moving on.

Then you might as well pop sprint when Lei Shi casts Get Away, it helps a bit with dpsing. Oh and redirection from adds to Lei Shi doesn't work unless they changed it, you will only lose a cooldown (unless you manage to squeeze it just before bubble goes up).

ZenaxPure

Then you might as well pop sprint when Lei Shi casts Get Away, it helps a bit with dpsing. Oh and redirection from adds to Lei Shi doesn't work unless they changed it, you will only lose a cooldown (unless you manage to squeeze it just before bubble goes up).

I always used redirect after the adds died to get a rupture going to speed up the ramp up time when switching back. Granted that's as assassination, as combat it shouldn't matter to much, just make sure you dump whatever points you have on an eviscerate before she bubbles.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So, I quit back in Cata and decided to come back. Made me a Pandaren Monk just to mess around, and I have a question: Is there something recent that's made people make a bunch of new characters? I don't mean Pandarens, I mean all races. I saw nary a soul the entire time on the turtle's back, but when I get to Northern Barrens and Azshara both, the newbie zones were teeming with folken who had obviously just made new characters (heirlooms and such in evidence).

Just curious what would cause it.

cdyhybrid

So, I quit back in Cata and decided to come back. Made me a Pandaren Monk just to mess around, and I have a question: Is there something recent that's made people make a bunch of new characters? I don't mean Pandarens, I mean all races. I saw nary a soul the entire time on the turtle's back, but when I get to Northern Barrens and Azshara both, the newbie zones were teeming with folken who had obviously just made new characters (heirlooms and such in evidence).

They're reducing the amount of exp it takes to go from 85-90 in an upcoming patch, that's my best guess.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I'm assuming that both Pandaria continents, not only the high lvl one, are restricted to your server community only. While everywhere else is cross realm, which is why you're seeing a lot more people in Northen Barrens and Azshara than the turtle's back.

RPGCrazied

Lmao. I'll get the sha gem before I get the weapon. And I only have 7 power and 5 wisdom for that quest. Are her drop rates really that low or something? Talking about the empress. I almost have 10 kills on her and not one thing. I'm already exalted with the black prince though.

Tamanon

Banned
Lmao. I'll get the sha gem before I get the weapon. And I only have 7 power and 5 wisdom for that quest. Are her drop rates really that low or something? Talking about the empress. I almost have 10 kills on her and not one thing. I'm already exalted with the black prince though.

Really low now, the sigils will drop a lot better in 5.3 supposedly.

Tarazet

I got an idea from one of my healers. He said that he hates healing tanks that emphasize Stamina, and calls them "mana sponges." And I have to admit, that really rang true. Stamina is the only stat I can use as a tank that doesn't have any effect on the amount of damage I take or the amount of self-healing I can do, and yet any tanking site will tell you to stack Stamina.

I have enough gear now that I decided to buck that idea. I cut every extra point of Stamina out of my budget and put everything into Rage stats. Then I took that build and tanked Oondasta and the 4 wings of LFR ToT. The difference in Rage generation and overall survivability was really noticeable. I was constantly fighting to keep from capping on Rage repeatedly.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Tarazet/advanced

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, they definitely seemed to make it so stamina stacking was mainly around for lazier tanks. Although I understand heroic content needs a lot of it.

Tarazet

Yeah, they definitely seemed to make it so stamina stacking was mainly around for lazier tanks. Although I understand heroic content needs a lot of it.

You need it if you're taking hits that will kill you otherwise. I can't imagine that the extra Rage gen wouldn't be wanted, though.

Tarazet

As a Brewmaster I prefer to have DPS stats since I'm not tanking bleeding-edge content. Tanking and being top 3 DPS is fun :p

I'm usually top 3 DPS anyway as a Druid, as long as the tank damage is high enough. The extra DPS stats don't do as much as you'd think to improve damage, because the balancing around high Vengeance levels makes your baseline Attack Power trivial. The important effect it does have is on improved resource generation and self-healing from critical strikes, as well as maybe 1% extra Dodge from the additional Agility.

Theck's idea about Stamina as a damage smoothing stat is centered around player perception. Your health bar might go down faster if you have less hit points, but you're not actually taking more damage. In fact, chances are that you're taking less damage, provided that the points went into abilities that improve your survivability. In other words, having less Stamina doesn't require your healers to improve their throughput. It might force them to react slightly faster or do a better job pre-HoTting or casting their absorbs, but those are things a good healer should be doing anyway. In practice, I was never seeing my health get much below 50%.

I imagine this build style would be particularly strong being healed by a Shaman, since they are stronger against targets with a lower health percentage. But it's not like I'm running that lean. I'm geared. I'm just running with 620K hit points instead of 670K.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I'm assuming that both Pandaria continents, not only the high lvl one, are restricted to your server community only. While everywhere else is cross realm, which is why you're seeing a lot more people in Northen Barrens and Azshara than the turtle's back.

Hah I'm so behind the times, I didn't realize there were cross-server zones now! Wow, that's crazy, no wonder I'm seeing folks in those areas.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hah I'm so behind the times, I didn't realize there were cross-server zones now! Wow, that's crazy, no wonder I'm seeing folks in those areas.

Yeah those zones were "deader" than dead before they implemented this. Now you see a lot more players while lvling, but also in the once nearly ghost towns like Ironforge or Undercity. Exodar and Silvermoon are probably not really better than before lol.

You'll notice if people are from other servers if they have their server name next to their character's name.

ZenaxPure

Goes a bit further than that as well. As long as you are in the same region (US, EU, etc.) and same faction as someone you can invite them to your group to go quest, kill world bosses, do dungeons, etc. Can do pretty much anything except the most recent raid tier. It just takes the other players to the server of the group leader, though, it doesn't like it if you try to go from a low pop server to a high pop server so you may have to change it around to teleport people to lower pop ones. Either way, it's really nifty if you have friends on other servers you want to play with, not really limited by much.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Once i get these last 5 item levels and can queue for HoF/Terrace, I'm not sure what direction I want to go with my tier tokens. I like the idea of being brewmaster, but I'm not sure I actually want to be a tank in LFR.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I love lazy people.

Resubbed the other day, started over on a new server, and am currently level 30 with 325g. Took two gathering professions and between that and selling off my cloth... yah.

Robin64

This is doing the rounds, labelled as a "leak". It's obviously fake, but it was fun to start thinking what those fourth specs might actually be. A tank spec for Shamans, perhaps?

classesandspecs.png

ZenaxPure

I actually wish that picture had some truth to it. Paladin one is clearly a spell power dps spec, and I'd like to imagine the DK one is one as well.

I love lazy people.

Resubbed the other day, started over on a new server, and am currently level 30 with 325g. Took two gathering professions and between that and selling off my cloth... yah.

I don't even think it has to do with laziness. I know personally I can farm gold faster than I can farm herbs/ore (cloth is a different story, can get that by the bucket load). I think my server is finally coming to that realization because I decided to level inscription on an alt and most herbs of all levels minus MoP stuff was ~250g a stack which is more on par with how quick you can get gold.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I don't even think it has to do with laziness. I know personally I can farm gold faster than I can farm herbs/ore (cloth is a different story, can get that by the bucket load). I think my server is finally coming to that realization because I decided to level inscription on an alt and most herbs of all levels minus MoP stuff was ~250g a stack which is more on par with how quick you can get gold.

Either way, Im glad I likely wont have to be worrying about money until Im actually at the level cap.

The discussion is fun, but the presentation is just... I can't facepalm hard enough.

"Some guy" got emailed by "accident" a conveniently constructed picture of a 4th spec for each class and a new class. Completely plausible!

Robin64

The discussion is fun, but the presentation is just... I can't facepalm hard enough.

"Some guy" got emailed by "accident" a conveniently constructed picture of a 4th spec for each class and a new class. Completely plausible!

Yeah, haha. At least make something credible up..

Still, it's making me wish some classes had a fourth spec now. A proper tank class for Shaman? A healer class for Mage? Mmf...

ZenaxPure

What really kills it for me is that 1) I don't really believe they will do 2 new classes in a row with expansions and 2) Even if there was a new class added since we appear to be heading back into demon land it would make more sense for that class to be Demon Hunter than a Tinkerer.

Got stuck at lvl 80, cant join heroic dungeons because my gear is a little low (156) and the minimum gear required is 180, its a little confusing to me if you dont have any dungeon prior Heroic to get purple gear just a bunch of blue gear.

Tamanon

Banned
Got stuck at lvl 80, cant join heroic dungeons because my gear is a little low (156) and the minimum gear required is 180, its a little confusing to me if you dont have any dungeon prior Heroic to get purple gear just a bunch of blue gear.

Just keep going to Cataclysm zones. Barely anyone runs Wrath heroics any more. Previously, you would run 80 dungeons until your ilevel got up. But there's no need now.

ZenaxPure

Just keep going to Cataclysm zones. Barely anyone runs Wrath heroics any more. Previously, you would run 80 dungeons until your ilevel got up. But there's no need now.

That, and all the gear from questing in Hyjal/Vashj'r is better than anything you can get from wrath heroics anyhow. You would only be making your leveling experience harder by gaining levels without getting appropriate gear.

This is doing the rounds, labelled as a "leak". It's obviously fake, but it was fun to start thinking what those fourth specs might actually be. A tank spec for Shamans, perhaps?

classesandspecs.png

They can't even balance the classes and specs we have NOW. I'm not usually one for whining about nerfs, but fuck you for nerfing my goddamned Stance of the Fierce Tiger, Blizzard. -_-

There's no way this is real, but it's still neat.

Unrelated to the picture, people keep telling me that Titan is not going to be WoW2. I want to believe they're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom