• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Anyone know of some cool looking fists for transmog? Love what I'm using, but wouldn't mind another cool look. I'm using these right now:

Wo_WScrn_Shot_051713_072320.jpg

Saw this. If WoW were a fighting game.

i2ES6Az.jpg

DAMN. That is sexy.

I really hope Blizzard All Stars isn't canceled. I love Blizzard characters and art design and it would be amazing if they started to apply them to other genres. Fuck it, give me a kart racing game, I don't even care. I just want more Blizzard to consume haha

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Anyone know of some cool looking fists for transmog? Love what I'm using, but wouldn't mind another cool look. I'm using these right now:

There's tons of awesome looking fist weapons.

I really like Clattering Claw from Hour of Twilight. http://www.wowhead.com/item=72867/clattering-claw

This one from non-heroic Auchenai Crypts is awesome too:

Claw of the Watcher - http://www.wowhead.com/item=27846

Now I'm said again than fist weapons are invisible on monks. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh wow, I forgot about that. There's also new spinny blade fists from ToT

Looks like I'll be killing KT on my monk this weekend, on the off chance that blizz ever fixes their most egregious of affronts!

cdyhybrid

I'm a fan of the fist weapons off Twin Consorts, but I won't even bother transmogging any fists I get since I'll never see them anyway -.-

Bizazedo

I stopped raiding after WotLK and now im pretty much exclusively pvp. It's full of whiners, but the cold hard truth is that it's still the most balanced it's been ever. There are still a lot of dumb shit like blanket silences and under representation in RBGs, and gear being too much of a deciding factor. It's still the most fun I've ever had pvping since BC.

except 4.3 when my rogue was retard mode easy

Still too much CC. Getting rolling CC's and watching Cyclone eventually be able to reset back to 8 seconds is enraging.

And being a Warrior is either amazing or painful in PvP :(.

PvP is still awesome, though.

Berordn

My buddy figured a really good way out of the chess event that pretty much works 100% of the time. He showed me and I forgot, time to give him a call. lol

Move king's pawn out by one, move king out by one. Spam Heroism/Bloodlust and Cleave like crazy on the king, swap to a healer if he starts getting low.

Takes a while but I have something like an 85% success rate with it assuming there's nothing bugging out that week.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Wo_WScrn_Shot_051713_072320.jpg
One from Shattered Halls HC in Hellfire Peninsula. Forgot its name, drops off the last boss. Looks like a giant blade that replaces your hands. Unique model.

RPGCrazied

Can you do it all solo? What I hated about those elites that came with 5.2, I couldn't solo them. lol.

Is there a new mount or pet? I know you get a title.

Can you do it all solo? What I hated about those elites that came with 5.2, I couldn't solo them. lol.

Is there a new mount or pet? I know you get a title.

Well, the new storyline stuff requires you to do a couple scenarios, so probably not going to be solo-ing those. Other than that it seems you can do all the other story stuff solo as far as their preview they posted suggests.

No new mounts or pets from that stuff, to my knowledge, but there's more pets being added in with 5.3 (mostly old raid pets?) and at least one mount comes to mind with it being a reward in the Brawler's Guild but you've got to reach the top rank for that, I believe, so you'll have your work cut out for you to get that one.

Edit: Looks like roughly 15+ new pets after doing a quick search. Ten in BC raids, one as a reward for getting all ten, a new one in Northrend, a few in Isle of Thunder and a few in Throne of Thunder.

Mounts look like the Mushan I mentioned from Brawler's Guild and a reward for 200 mounts collected. There's a couple others found in the patch data but I don't know if they were implemented.

Berordn

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Still too much CC. Getting rolling CC's and watching Cyclone eventually be able to reset back to 8 seconds is enraging.

And being a Warrior is either amazing or painful in PvP :(.

PvP is still awesome, though.

Only if you play with bad healers. Cleanse most everything, and trinket blinds/cyclones when you need to.

Im getting mad at people using my enchanting in dungeons and get everything, the game should let me get a little preference if Im the only one who can disenchant the items.

Make sure to log in to battle.net and change your beta settings to show you're interested in Hearthstone. I just did that now after assuming that it automatically included that with the other beta opt-ins but it was the only one not selected.

And I'm actually really looking forward to Hearthstone. I've never been huge into card combat games but I like how matches play out from the videos they've put out.

Also, that mount really does look pretty awesome.

ZenaxPure

That feel when you think your 10 year old modem dies, spend an hour and a half on the phone with the internet provider seeing if it is broke, get a meeting set up for Sunday to make sure it's dead/get a new modem only for a random guy to come this morning to tell me they changed something last week and had to replace the modems for dozens of people so all that time effort I spent on the phone before was a wasteeeeeeee.

Glad to see the patch got a release date in my absence though, that counts as something I guess.

Thanks. I saw some kick ass swords for transmogging someday, but sadly there is no raid worthy swords out there for rogues.

It's worth pointing out that 5.2 added the ability to transmog any weapon to any other weapon that shares the same attack animations (assuming you can equip said weapon). If you get one of the agility maces or axes in ToT you can transmog it into a sword.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Man, MoP has been so good so far. I just made in to the Valley of the Four Winds zone and I can't get over how beautiful everything looks. The attention to detail is amazing. They really put a lot of effort into making the zones feel alive. I don't have the fondest of memories of Cata but these zones feel far away better than those which were pretty impressive in their own right.

This is the first time I've really taken the time to read the quest text too and it's been really entertaining. The characters you meet along the way are fun and interesting. I loved Sully and his pet story.
The last video of the battle at the end of Jade Forest was pretty awesome and did a good job of explaining how the story could evolve.

Yesterday I was impressed when I come across a rare just laying around near the Jade Witches home. I thought that was an interesting realisation that there could be cool weapons hidden around the world.
The rare mobs where much improved. I was kind of shocked when I noticed the mob's health when I was expecting to cut them to shreds in seconds like others in earlier expansions.

I can't remember what else I liked but there seems to be something new to find around every corner. Very impressed.

It makes me really excited to see what they come up with in the next expansion if it takes on a more mature theme something like the Burning Legion.

Edit: I don't actually remember what the other zones where supposed to look like, just some vague images from pre-expansion/beta leaks and Blizzcon releases, so there's still so much new to see. I can't wait to experience it all.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, MoP's zones are pretty great. It slows down a little bit IMO in the next zone the Valley of the Four Winds, but the rest is aces. I loved the addition of hidden treasures instead of just looking for chests.

And yeah, rare mobs in this expansion are an actual challenge. I hated fighting the Panda monk rares leveling up, but there's usually someone else jumping in to help.

ZenaxPure

On the other hand, why would you ever want to transmog something like Tia-Tia?

I think the real question is why would you be anything other than assassination outside of pvp as a rogue anyway ;)

But really though, I agree, I think pretty much all the ToT weapons look amazing and wouldn't transmog any of them. Especially the mace if I was combat, the animus mace looks so amazing and that is coming from someone who up until this point thought the only good looking 1h melee mace in the game was the Ultraxion one.

I can't remember what else I liked but there seems to be something new to find around every corner. Very impressed.

Pretty much and it only keeps getting better from there, wasn't exaggerating or anything when I said if they don't mess anything up MoP will be my fav expansion :D. It's because of all the stuff they jammed into the expansion like that.

Also if you like the rare spawns don't forget to buy a brawler's guild invite at max level! Join in all the fun and death of laser beams, luigi's mansion, and more!

Ultratech

Been doing some World Bosses lately.

Got a ring from Galleon on my Hunter. Then got some ToT loot (Gloves, Ring, and Helm).

Then got Boots from Galleon, Pants from Sha (already had them :/ ), and Tier Pants from Nalak on my DK.

Not bad after not seriously playing for a while.

Though I gotta make some adjustments like fixing my Internet woes and finding another server to transfer my Hunter and DK to.

Speaking of, what's a good solution to improving Wi-Fi connection?
Mine is seriously crap right now.

Move king's pawn out by one, move king out by one. Spam Heroism/Bloodlust and Cleave like crazy on the king, swap to a healer if he starts getting low.

Takes a while but I have something like an 85% success rate with it assuming there's nothing bugging out that week.

Yeah, it's something like that but without the healer. I can't remember. I gotta bug him about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom