• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Aww.

But... How do you know? Are you a spy? Sneak in and take pictures!

I wouldn't be a very good rogue if I gave away all my secrets.

Though, all the proof you really need is MMOC. They are pretty much never wrong on rumors/leaks from Blizz and they said Titan will be a new IP that is a FPS MMO.

vilmer_

They had better start to release some info soon. Titan has already had 6 years in the pipe and there are 3 other huge mmo's coming later this year.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Blizzard operates outside of the regular MMO market it seems. All of their supposed competition never does nearly as well as they hope.

I never had any desire for these goofy sunglasses, but when the Blingtron gods gifted them to me I instantly became a diva.

Y1TXQaw.jpg

Though, all the proof you really need is MMOC. They are pretty much never wrong on rumors/leaks from Blizz and they said Titan will be a new IP that is a FPS MMO.

I just read the wikipedia article on it.

Yeah, unless this is massive misdirection, I don't think it's gonna be another fantasy based MMO, which is kinda depressing. It'd be really cool to see what they could do with a WoW 2 type game with the same art direction but better hardware. Plus, with the Leigon likely coming back, that just seems like the best place to "end" WoW's storyline.

Plus, I don't like FPS games. >_>

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I should probably focus on beating ToT normal or something. :p

ZenaxPure

I'm pretty sure WoW will outlive most of us considering MMOs from the 90s are still going on today with a loyal fanbase and I imagine WoW at it's worst will still have a lot more subs than any of those games.

ZenaxPure

The ToT interview on mmoc from convert to raid was pretty cool. Glad to see Blizzard openly talking about how lower skill family/friend guilds and PuGs that did 10 mans in wrath have been getting squeezed out of the organized raiding scene since Cata and that they plan to fix it in some way. Wonder if they are just going to nerf down 10 man normal mode difficulty a bit or just add another difficulty/ilvl gap in, or maybe do something else crazy.

Bizazedo

The ToT interview on mmoc from convert to raid was pretty cool. Glad to see Blizzard openly talking about how lower skill family/friend guilds and PuGs that did 10 mans in wrath have been getting squeezed out of the organized raiding scene since Cata and that they plan to fix it in some way. Wonder if they are just going to nerf down 10 man normal mode difficulty a bit or just add another difficulty/ilvl gap in, or maybe do something else crazy.

It kind of bugs me that it took them that long to get it. I still remember going into BoT the first time in Cata, the casual guild I was in getting absolutely annihilated by Haifus, and going "Really?!"

I've always thought 25 man should be the standard anyways, though. Make 10 man the casual one.

ZenaxPure

It kind of bugs me that it took them that long to get it. I still remember going into BoT the first time in Cata, the casual guild I was in getting absolutely annihilated by Haifus, and going "Really?!"

I've always thought 25 man should be the standard anyways, though. Make 10 man the casual one.

I can't really agree with that solution to be honest, you shouldn't punish casual 25 man groups or hardcore 10 man groups when other solutions can be made. They have the tech for more difficulties if they want to go that route (and have masterfully conquered ilvl inflation during the xpac so even with varying numbers the game doesn't get broken like wotlk). Or just nerfing normals across both sizes wouldn't really hurt anyone.

That said when I say nerf down 10 mans strictly I mean that RNG shouldn't be as big a factor as it is (not as big of a deal in MoP, but some fights in Cata were significantly harder than they should have been if you didn't have a specific class/spec on many fights) and maybe smooth out the gear curve some since it's a lot more annoying to gear up in 10s than 25s. I don't mind 25s being better for gearing but it's very annoying to see loot no one can use in 10s week after week or not seeing loot you actually need.

I'm sure there are some other just as good win-win solutions floating around at Blizz as well.

FLEABttn

Banned

Yeah, I'm glad they now acknowledge it but this hasn't been some secret for 2 expacs, we knew this back in 2011.

The small guilds I've been in had more 10 man success in TBC than Cata and MoP; WotLK was still our apex.

Finaika

Yes, I truly miss WotLK days, sitting in SW and seeing all the LFM for raid pugs in trade chat. Nowadays pugs are essentially dead, aside from killing world bosses :(

I really hope Blizzard do something about this.

Tarazet

Yes, I truly miss WotLK days, sitting in SW and seeing all the LFM for raid pugs in trade chat. Nowadays pugs are essentially dead, aside from killing world bosses :(

I really hope Blizzard do something about this.

Not the case on my server, I've seen guilds looking for pugs all over the place.. usually DPS, sometimes healers, once in a blue moon for a tank.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I actually wish that picture had some truth to it. Paladin one is clearly a spell power dps spec, and I'd like to imagine the DK one is one as well.

I don't even think it has to do with laziness. I know personally I can farm gold faster than I can farm herbs/ore (cloth is a different story, can get that by the bucket load). I think my server is finally coming to that realization because I decided to level inscription on an alt and most herbs of all levels minus MoP stuff was ~250g a stack which is more on par with how quick you can get gold.

Its because the price of materials is always connected to the effort level of gold/gathering. As such, if quests at Level 90 award 100g each, stacks of practically any ore will be like 300g.

Sethos

Banned
Crazy day. Have been grinding Heroics just to get that magical ilvl for the first LFR. From there, it just exploded - I got loot off of every single LFR boss, ( 4 times twice with coin ) 2 x 522 pieces and even got the mount off Oon, now I'm already eligible for 480 LFR. I'm so used to getting gold.

cdyhybrid

Crazy day. Have been grinding Heroics just to get that magical ilvl for the first LFR. From there, it just exploded - I got loot off of every single LFR boss, ( 4 times twice with coin ) 2 x 522 pieces and even got the mount off Oon, now I'm already eligible for 480 LFR. I'm so used to getting gold.

cSxM7EI.gif

Sethos

Banned
Well, to be fair, I couldn't even use half of it. Few duplicates, random 1h swords, items I already had same ilvl or better of etc.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been getting shit on by LFR loot luck on my monk. I remember when I picked the game back up after 5.2 launched and did 5.0 raids on my lock, it was a god damn loot bonanza. Between the kill and a bonus roll every boss dropped something. Now that I'm LFR-able on my monk, it feels like it did back when MoP launched. Every 5.0 LFR except terrace done, with like 6 bonus rolls used, and I have 2 pieces of loot to show for it.

Sethos

Banned
I've been getting shit on by LFR loot luck on my monk. I remember when I picked the game back up after 5.2 launched and did 5.0 raids on my lock, it was a god damn loot bonanza. Between the kill and a bonus roll every boss dropped something. Now that I'm LFR-able on my monk, it feels like it did back when MoP launched. Every 5.0 LFR except terrace done, with like 6 bonus rolls used, and I have 2 pieces of loot to show for it.

Yeah I've been there, with a Hunter and a Paladin. Just going from boss to boss and getting nothing but gold, really sours everything. Also why I'm over the moon right now, first time I've seen this much loot - Granted, all the duplicates, items matching the 2-3 pieces I already had basically and 1h isn't exactly impressive but going from 466 to 482 in one day, plus getting a mount just sends you over the moon.

Still puzzled why it says I have 484 non-equipped. Nothing in my bags, nothing in the bank besides transmog gear - Just two random ilvls.

Tarazet

There's a Frost nerf (which may have actually been a tooltip fix), a Flameglow nerf and a bunch of burst reduction coming in 5.3...

He did say he plays an Unholy DK nowadays.

Unholy DK is awesome, most underrated spec. Takes a lot less babying than Frost and you get a lot of nice tools.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I hadn't heard that. They've been good on having leaks about the past 2 expacs, but let's not overstate anything here. They've gotten someone in the press to leak stuff it looks like, I don't think they actually have someone that high up in Blizzard leaking stuff to him.

All that's been confirmed about Titan is that it's an MMO and somewhat more shakily that it's a new IP, but that could change.

If it is anywhere in the neighborhood of competing with WoW, it's just gonna be WoW2. They won't let someone else dethrone WoW if they can do it, and it's a really dumb business decision to compete with yourself.

(WoW is losing subscribers, my personal opinion is that the game is still good and since it still has more subs than most MMOs it's a good thing, but stockholders always want growth, not sustained stuff. Stupid, but that's the reality of things. WoW may be on it's way out even with 8 million subs or whatever.)

If its F2P console FPS Planetside dumbness, then WoW will keep going until someone else figures out the recipe to the secret sauce.

My guess is WoW final expac, brings us to level 100 and then no more big expacs and they go freemium or F2P and start releasing mounts and pets like crazy, Titan is a reboot or sequel to WoW and is much cheaper to develop for and much easier to develop for. Working on new stuff for WoW right now has got to be like trying to break mach 2 with the Wright brothers plane. I can only imagine what kind of hell it is to program or make new art assets on top of a 10 or 11 year old game.

CassSept

(WoW is losing subscribers, my personal opinion is that the game is still good)

I constantly feel I'm in the minority here, but right now WoW is the best it had been in years, at this point maybe even ever. Perhaps I'd change my opinion if I went back to hardcore raiding, but so far apart from Isle of Thunder dailies I'm completely infatuated with Mists of Pandaria. Terrific expansion, and with return of the legion looming on the horizon I really can't wait for what Xpac 5 will bring.

Tarazet

I constantly feel I'm in the minority here, but right now WoW is the best it had been in years, at this point maybe even ever. Perhaps I'd change my opinion if I went back to hardcore raiding, but so far apart from Isle of Thunder dailies I'm completely infatuated with Mists of Pandaria. Terrific expansion, and with return of the legion looming on the horizon I really can't wait for what Xpac 5 will bring.

Throne of Thunder is a great raid, one of the most genuinely challenging ones they ever made and without a lot of cheap shots. You just have to know the encounters forwards and backwards. However, I think the rest of the game is severely lacking. The dailies were stale months ago, we desperately need new heroic dungeons, crafting is in the doldrums, and leveling.. I'd be OK if it was the same speed, but more challenging. You know?

CassSept

Throne of Thunder is a great raid, one of the most genuinely challenging ones they ever made and without a lot of cheap shots. You just have to know the encounters forwards and backwards. However, I think the rest of the game is severely lacking. The dailies were stale months ago, we desperately need new heroic dungeons, crafting is in the doldrums, and leveling.. I'd be OK if it was the same speed, but more challenging. You know?

Oh yeah, I should have made a note that I absolutely hate heroic dungeons and am grateful that instead they are focusing on scenarios instead. But this is where I'm in a really insignificant minority I guess. I was simply always bored to tears by them, additionally with some leftover trauma back from TBC days. The other points you raise are, again, somewhat insignificant to me and about dailies - I agree they went overboard (ESPECIALLY with Golden Lotus, oh God), but right now this had been lessened by commendations, bonuses from hc/scenarios and warbringers. I certainly prefer it over Cata model but again, I guess I'm in a minority here.

Tamanon

Banned
482 ilevel, woot. Says I can do ToT now, but I shouldn't. I haven't done terrace yet. And I want the full Thousand Blades set.

1st wing of Throne of Thunder is pretty simple, and getting a drop or two there(or just the rep for Shado-Pan Assault) will help you in the Terrace also. Plenty of reason to keep running the old stuff, especially if you're still on the first part of the Wrathion chain.

RPGCrazied

1st wing of Throne of Thunder is pretty simple, and getting a drop or two there(or just the rep for Shado-Pan Assault) will help you in the Terrace also. Plenty of reason to keep running the old stuff, especially if you're still on the first part of the Wrathion chain.

I am. I only have 7 power and 5 wisdom.

What's the cliff notes for ToT for a so/so rogue? lol

ZenaxPure

Oh yeah, I should have made a note that I absolutely hate heroic dungeons and am grateful that instead they are focusing on scenarios instead. But this is where I'm in a really insignificant minority I guess. I was simply always bored to tears by them, additionally with some leftover trauma back from TBC days. The other points you raise are, again, somewhat insignificant to me and about dailies - I agree they went overboard (ESPECIALLY with Golden Lotus, oh God), but right now this had been lessened by commendations, bonuses from hc/scenarios and warbringers. I certainly prefer it over Cata model but again, I guess I'm in a minority here.

I agree with you, though I enjoy questing myself so I haven't had a problem with any of the dailies (especially considering I still do lotus every day till vp cap). 5 mans are generally really boring unless it's something like challenge modes/cata launch difficulty but even then I don't really care about new ones being added since I don't really have a challenge mode crew right now and even if they added new 5 mans with gear in them to catch up you to ToT ilvl I would avoid them simply cause they're sooooo fucking boring when they aren't challenging.

Though, it's worth noting WoW has never had challenging questing (remember challenging and broken are 2 different things before saying vanilla) or good professions so I'm not sure you can hold that against MoP. But I do think the daily research added to tailoring/BS/LW this patch has made those professions a lot more interesting, at least you have some sort of daily interaction with them, plus I am still selling the gear I make on a weekly basis.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I stopped raiding after WotLK and now im pretty much exclusively pvp. It's full of whiners, but the cold hard truth is that it's still the most balanced it's been ever. There are still a lot of dumb shit like blanket silences and under representation in RBGs, and gear being too much of a deciding factor. It's still the most fun I've ever had pvping since BC.

except 4.3 when my rogue was retard mode easy

Wing 1:

Jin Rok - He'll throw a tank in one of the four directions causing a gray-ish pool of water to form and grow. You'll see everyone run to it. Get in it and keep attacking for a big buff. Move out once everyone else does as he's going to electrify the water (Lightning Storm or something). Also, if you get targeted by an electric ball thing run away from the group and stand on the outer grates and have it drop there. Hopefully you're not picked first and you'll see where others have dropped theirs. But DON'T have it touch another dropped one, keep it separate. That's the most important thing to worry about overall.

Horridon - Just kill adds first, then boss. Dinomancer spawns at each of the gates. Try to kill before anything else and click on the orb he drops at 50% health if possible. Try not to stand in front or behind Horridon as he does a cone attack periodically. If he charges you it's not a big deal, just move sideways so you don't get hit by the cone attack that follows. War God something or other spawns after the fourth enemy gate is closed and kill him before Horridon. The fight seems super busy and messy but just focus on killing the adds and you'll be fine. Try not to stand in stuff.

The Council of Elders - Boring fight. Stick on Sul (all melee will run right to him) and kill him. Then just move between whichever one is all shadowformed. Don't stand in stuff. Nothing else really needed to know.

Wing 2:

Tortos - Stick to boss until groups of bats spawn and picked up by a tank. Then kill all the bats. Go back to boss. Ignore the Whirl Turtles completely. Lots of adds up and moving around but really nothing much to think about as DPS.

Megara - Very simple. Two heads will be up when you start. Attack the green one on the right with everyone. Once that head is dead after a moment the red one pops up to the left of the remaining one. Everyone goes and kills the red one (and always stack during the beginning of each transition). After red head is dead the green one comes back on the right side and you go back. Just keep going back and forth. If you get Cinders on you run out of the group or you'll piss everyone off. Also, giant green swirls on the ground are good to move away from (every thirty seconds or so?) but not entirely necessary. Further you are the less damage you'll take but I doubt healers will have a problem healing you anyhow.

Ji Kun - One of my favorite fights in this place as long as I get nest duty. For your first time don't volunteer for nests. Fighting the boss isn't too tricky at all. Don't stand in the green goo and he'll periodically try to blow everyone off of the platform you fight on. Run towards the boss and aim not to fall off. Use a speed boost if you have one (sprint?). If you fall off you get carried back up slowly but at least you don't die. Nest duty can be rough and I'd suggest if you do it to ask them to give an icon to someone that knows where to go so you can easily follow them. You fly between outer nests and kill adds. There's always a giant red beam at the nest to go to. There'll be three below the boss platform, then three above, and then back down below. After the eighth nest ignore the rest and go back to the boss to help finish him off.

Wing 3:

Durumu - Super fun boss but very confusing with everything that goes on. Main points, he'll put three large beams (red, blue, yellow) on people. Run around the boss in a circle to make your beam circle the stage as your goal is to have it hit invisible mobs. Once hit they're visible for everyone to kill. Yellow does its own circle in LFR. If you're red or blue get running in a circle. Otherwise ignore it until adds are made visible. Then there's the maze (LFR killer). Typically someone will be marked for this and you just want to follow them. As this starts you'll see "eye sores" start appearing. They are the exact same look as the adds that come before the fight and are dark purple crap that covers nearly the entire place. If you're facing the front of the boss during this (as he's doing disintegration beam) you'll see one half has what looks to be purple lightning bolt sort of things. This is the side to be on. From there the entire level will cover in the other purple eye sores and the max begins. There's nothing more to look for other than where the eye sores disappear through the path as you, and everyone together, moves through them. Honestly, just try to stick with whoever is marked (or the majority of the raid as everyone will be loosely stacked). Watching a YouTube video will make this a lot more clear if you're worried. There's more mechanics going in the fight but the beams and the maze are the two most important to know going into it. Good luck!

Promordius - I think this fight is really, really basic. As DPS ignore the boss and kill the oozes that spawn at all the pools around the boss area. As you kill each run over the red puddles they leave to stack buffs. At five you'll mutate for around 90 seconds and you just attack the boss. Once that goes away you go back to killing oozes to get buffs and get mutated again. Typically the boss is dead by the time you've mutated twice. Try not to touch the purple puddles that'll appear as they give you debuffs. You can ask for a dispel if you get a few debuffs on since otherwise they're not looking to dispel people. Honestly, I've never asked for a dispel and just keep going.

Dark Animus - LFR groups have a number of ways to handle this. Basically just kill the smallest adds that start the fight. Next will be the Large ones and move to kill them as soon as you see them moving. Focus them down. Two massive ones will eventually join the fight and you can ignore those while cleaning up those that are smaller. Then kill the boss. While the second size are alive (Large Animus) there'll be moving red stuff on the ground that you don't want to stand in. If you get Crimson Wave or whatever on you run away from the group and hang out towards the walls. Some of the red stuff on the ground is following you so you want to pull that stuff away from the group. That's pretty much it. If you get all the Large Animus down the fight is pretty much instant win. Deaths happen during the first parts with all the little and large animus getting cleared out as the red stuff hurts bad.

Wing 4:

Iron Qon - Honestly not much is needed to know going in. Don't stand in the usual bad stuff (fire, tornadoes, etc.). Towards the end the boss will have obvious shields up on two of his four sides so just make sure you're attacking from a side without a shield. There's a lot of stuff going on and I hate how messy the fight feels but just be aware where you're standing and you'll be alright.

Twin Consorts - Little is really needed to know. Again, don't stand in fire. You'll attack the dark one first, she'll eventually go away and you attack the light one. Stay on her until she's dead and then finish up on the dark one. I've been in one LFR that killed the dark one first but they're usually both so low on health when they're both available to pick from that it doesn't matter much.

Lei Shen - Good luck! They'll put four raid light beams up and should tell each group which one they're in (with group five being a wild card to go wherever). Periodically he'll cast a large, bright crackling circle on the ground. Try not to be close to it (I move to the opposite side of the boss from it). Smallish blue circle swirls will show up at certain areas around the boss and you want to stand in those so the spark things hit you and not the ground. During the two transition phases go where you've been told based on the raid light beams and just stack up. Keep your eyes peeled for blue swirls in your quadrant. Generally don't stand in front of the boss. AoE adds that get spawned. Honestly I don't think the fight is as hard as something like Durumu and I finially had an LFR beat it on the first try last week. For a DPS it's not too terribly bad once you've tried it once and know what to expect and what things look like.

And that's pretty much it!

Sethos

Banned
Fall of the Zandalari - We're half way through. "15 minutes till instance reset" NOOO

We blaze through everything, get to the last boss(ses) at we're 1 minute away from killing them .... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 DC'd.

THEN there's a server restart in 15 minutes.

God dammit :p

RPGCrazied

Wing 1:

Jin Rok - He'll throw a tank in one of the four directions causing a gray-ish pool of water to form and grow. You'll see everyone run to it. Get in it and keep attacking for a big buff. Move out once everyone else does as he's going to electrify the water (Lightning Storm or something). Also, if you get targeted by an electric ball thing run away from the group and stand on the outer grates and have it drop there. Hopefully you're not picked first and you'll see where others have dropped theirs. But DON'T have it touch another dropped one, keep it separate. That's the most important thing to worry about overall.

Horridon - Just kill adds first, then boss. Dinomancer spawns at each of the gates. Try to kill before anything else and click on the orb he drops at 50% health if possible. Try not to stand in front or behind Horridon as he does a cone attack periodically. If he charges you it's not a big deal, just move sideways so you don't get hit by the cone attack that follows. War God something or other spawns after the fourth enemy gate is closed and kill him before Horridon. The fight seems super busy and messy but just focus on killing the adds and you'll be fine. Try not to stand in stuff.

The Council of Elders - Boring fight. Stick on Sul (all melee will run right to him) and kill him. Then just move between whichever one is all shadowformed. Don't stand in stuff. Nothing else really needed to know.

Wing 2:

Tortos - Stick to boss until groups of bats spawn and picked up by a tank. Then kill all the bats. Go back to boss. Ignore the Whirl Turtles completely. Lots of adds up and moving around but really nothing much to think about as DPS.

Megara - Very simple. Two heads will be up when you start. Attack the green one on the right with everyone. Once that head is dead after a moment the red one pops up to the left of the remaining one. Everyone goes and kills the red one (and always stack during the beginning of each transition). After red head is dead the green one comes back on the right side and you go back. Just keep going back and forth. If you get Cinders on you run out of the group or you'll piss everyone off. Also, giant green swirls on the ground are good to move away from (every thirty seconds or so?) but not entirely necessary. Further you are the less damage you'll take but I doubt healers will have a problem healing you anyhow.

Ji Kun - One of my favorite fights in this place as long as I get nest duty. For your first time don't volunteer for nests. Fighting the boss isn't too tricky at all. Don't stand in the green goo and he'll periodically try to blow everyone off of the platform you fight on. Run towards the boss and aim not to fall off. Use a speed boost if you have one (sprint?). If you fall off you get carried back up slowly but at least you don't die. Nest duty can be rough and I'd suggest if you do it to ask them to give an icon to someone that knows where to go so you can easily follow them. You fly between outer nests and kill adds. There's always a giant red beam at the nest to go to. There'll be three below the boss platform, then three above, and then back down below. After the eighth nest ignore the rest and go back to the boss to help finish him off.

Wing 3:

Durumu - Super fun boss but very confusing with everything that goes on. Main points, he'll put three large beams (red, blue, yellow) on people. Run around the boss in a circle to make your beam circle the stage as your goal is to have it hit invisible mobs. Once hit they're visible for everyone to kill. Yellow does its own circle in LFR. If you're red or blue get running in a circle. Otherwise ignore it until adds are made visible. Then there's the maze (LFR killer). Typically someone will be marked for this and you just want to follow them. As this starts you'll see "eye sores" start appearing. They are the exact same look as the adds that come before the fight and are dark purple crap that covers nearly the entire place. If you're facing the front of the boss during this (as he's doing disintegration beam) you'll see one half has what looks to be purple lightning bolt sort of things. This is the side to be on. From there the entire level will cover in the other purple eye sores and the max begins. There's nothing more to look for other than where the eye sores disappear through the path as you, and everyone together, moves through them. Honestly, just try to stick with whoever is marked (or the majority of the raid as everyone will be loosely stacked). Watching a YouTube video will make this a lot more clear if you're worried. There's more mechanics going in the fight but the beams and the maze are the two most important to know going into it. Good luck!

Promordius - I think this fight is really, really basic. As DPS ignore the boss and kill the oozes that spawn at all the pools around the boss area. As you kill each run over the red puddles they leave to stack buffs. At five you'll mutate for around 90 seconds and you just attack the boss. Once that goes away you go back to killing oozes to get buffs and get mutated again. Typically the boss is dead by the time you've mutated twice. Try not to touch the purple puddles that'll appear as they give you debuffs. You can ask for a dispel if you get a few debuffs on since otherwise they're not looking to dispel people. Honestly, I've never asked for a dispel and just keep going.

Dark Animus - LFR groups have a number of ways to handle this. Basically just kill the smallest adds that start the fight. Next will be the Large ones and move to kill them as soon as you see them moving. Focus them down. Two massive ones will eventually join the fight and you can ignore those while cleaning up those that are smaller. Then kill the boss. While the second size are alive (Large Animus) there'll be moving red stuff on the ground that you don't want to stand in. If you get Crimson Wave or whatever on you run away from the group and hang out towards the walls. Some of the red stuff on the ground is following you so you want to pull that stuff away from the group. That's pretty much it. If you get all the Large Animus down the fight is pretty much instant win. Deaths happen during the first parts with all the little and large animus getting cleared out as the red stuff hurts bad.

Wing 4:

Iron Qon - Honestly not much is needed to know going in. Don't stand in the usual bad stuff (fire, tornadoes, etc.). Towards the end the boss will have obvious shields up on two of his four sides so just make sure you're attacking from a side without a shield. There's a lot of stuff going on and I hate how messy the fight feels but just be aware where you're standing and you'll be alright.

Twin Consorts - Little is really needed to know. Again, don't stand in fire. You'll attack the dark one first, she'll eventually go away and you attack the light one. Stay on her until she's dead and then finish up on the dark one. I've been in one LFR that killed the dark one first but they're usually both so low on health when they're both available to pick from that it doesn't matter much.

Lei Shen - Good luck! They'll put four raid light beams up and should tell each group which one they're in (with group five being a wild card to go wherever). Periodically he'll cast a large, bright crackling circle on the ground. Try not to be close to it (I move to the opposite side of the boss from it). Smallish blue circle swirls will show up at certain areas around the boss and you want to stand in those so the spark things hit you and not the ground. During the two transition phases go where you've been told based on the raid light beams and just stack up. Keep your eyes peeled for blue swirls in your quadrant. Generally don't stand in front of the boss. AoE adds that get spawned. Honestly I don't think the fight is as hard as something like Durumu and I finially had an LFR beat it on the first try last week. For a DPS it's not too terribly bad once you've tried it once and know what to expect and what things look like.

And that's pretty much it!

Wow, thanks! *prints* and do you not have a horde character? I see you on sometimes, but your playing alliance. I have alliance toons, but not raid worthy.

cdyhybrid

Throne of Thunder is fantastic. I'd put it up there with Ulduar. Really curious to see how they squeeze 12 bosses into Org.

I'm getting pretty thirsty for info on the next expansion too.

Wow, thanks! *prints* and do you not have a horde character? I see you on sometimes, but your playing alliance. I have alliance toons, but not raid worthy.

Nope, just Alliance. I only have my one main and no real alts that I play. I have an 85 prot pally that I haven't touched in a couple years that's horde but I don't intend to play it again.

Jin'Rokh:
Use Smoke Bomb when everyone clumps together for lightning storm
If you're feeling adventurous you can cloak the first few seconds of storm while standing in the pool of conductive water.
Horridon:
  • Spec into Marked for Death. It absolutely melts the adds. You can't cloak off the curse in the 4th door. Save sprint for if/when Horridon charges you, then sprint directly at him and angle off at 90 degrees when he actually starts casting double swipe. Horridon won't budge if you do it right.
  • First door: kicking lizard stun will save people's lives.
  • Second door: Try to be the guy who interrupts the most poison volleys
  • Third door: ToTT the big adds to the offtank, they're nasty if left near horridon or beating on random people.
  • Fourth door: You can solo tank a bear until it dies with evasion, face it away from the group.
Council: Nothing special rogues can do here, just keep an eye out for the priestess adds and stun them.
Tortos: If your offtank is doing his job properly you will never have to take target off Tortos while you fan down the bats. Feint before he stomps and through his sand breath because LFR is awful at interrupting him.
Maegara: You can use 2 smoke bombs in this encounter, save them for rampages. You can cloak off cinders but you'll still poop fire where you stand so run out first.
Ji-Kun: Marked for Death is strong again against the baby birds if you're on nest duty. It's not so bad as long as you remember the 3-lower, 3-upper pattern. Hotkey your extra action button and it's a breeze as long as your healer doesn't die, fall behind or get lost. Save cooldowns for the mature eggs and Juveniles that get past Team Nest. After about 2 full nest cycles (6 down, 6 up) Ji-Kun is often <20% so just focus on him and stop futzing around with nests.
Durumu: Nothing special for rogues to do. Secret to the maze is to stand in his death beam before the maze forms and look for very thin purple 'lightning on the floor. This is the 'safe' zone during the maze formation and you should immediately move into it as it is the direction you must rotate. Just make sure the death beam doesn't actually touch you once it's active.
Gollum: You can get multiple stacks of the same buff if you quickly move over the same puddle twice, so if you're Mutilate and you get a mastery buff, strafe on and off the puddle quickly to stack that goodness up. Stop at 5 total buffs of course.
Dark Animus: Be the guy who knows to focus down any Large Golems that spawn before the small golems are all dead.
Iron Qon: You can dot Qon up between dismount/remount transitions with Redirect. Smoke bomb during his 3rd or 4th Fist Slam.
Twins: Nothing special to do here, easy fight.
Lei Shen: Shadowstep will give you 100% uptime on Lei Shen during the runs between Pillars, often Tanks use movement cooldowns to achieve these. Turn on enemy name plates to guarantee maximum coverage of Fan on Ball Lightning. Smoke Bomb is good on Static Charge. Feint for Bouncing Bolt.

ToT Strats

Haha, glad you called Primordius Gollum. The voice in that fight just kills me.

Also, I can't understand why 50% of the OTs tank the Tortos bats away from the boss. I'll try to send them whispers to move them towards the boss but only some notice/care. It's my same problem with Sha and Galleon.

And how is your LFR experiences so different with Ji Kun on nests? At the 8th nest I always go back to the boss and he's at 20% or lower. I can't imagine he'd live long enough to reach 12 nests completed.

But I'm glad you also helped with rogue strats since rogue is the single class I've never once tried so I have zero ideas how they really play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom