• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

I wish it looked more like the sprite darter. The legs are weird on the mount. I think its going to be a store mount. It has a level 20 requirement like most of the store mounts.

Berordn

I wish it looked more like the sprite darter. The legs are weird on the mount. I think its going to be a store mount. It has a level 20 requirement like most of the store mounts.

Level 20 requirement, scales on location and skill, unique effects, no drop source...

It's a pet store mount. I do really love how it looks, though. I can't help but think it's adorable.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Am i the only one with the Atlasloot addon where it keep crashing everytime i want to take a look at loot during combat? Stupid thing is pissing me off, and im forced to do a /console reloadui when that happen to make it work again.

cdyhybrid

Finally got my Master of the Ways title. Continuing to work on Shado-Master.

Also now shooting to replace as much of my LFR gear as possible with 522 valor pieces. Rarely able to make it to my guild's normal-mode raids, so that's the best I can plan to do. I think I should save my Valor for the patch though, and upgrade the 522 pieces I already have ASAP along with my Rune of Re-Origination.

RPGCrazied

My death knight just hit 80. How in the world does he have way more hit and expertise than my 90 main? lol

Or is it suppose to be high when leveling?

Berordn

My death knight just hit 80. How in the world does he have way more hit and expertise than my 90 main? lol

Or is it suppose to be high when leveling?

It will be, just by virtue of needing less hit and expertise to hit caps at lower levels. The higher level you get, the smaller the benefit you get from combat values, and the more you need to get the same value that you had at lower levels (which is why gear inflates every tier).

Entropia

No One Remembers
Excited for 5.3 Looking forward to the storyline progression with the War and taking it to the Barrens.

The item upgrades are nice to be back. It sucks that I've got very little gear from ToT in LFR, so not much to upgrade. :<

May level up some of my alts - Have a Hunter, Warrior, Boomkin and Warlock I could all go with.

Enosh

It will be, just by virtue of needing less hit and expertise to hit caps at lower levels. The higher level you get, the smaller the benefit you get from combat values, and the more you need to get the same value that you had at lower levels (which is why gear inflates every tier).
which sucks in a way since each new expansion is like a giant reset button, you progress in levels but your character completely drops in power vs equal level enemies
but I get why they have to do it ^^

Tarazet

I'm 18/20 for Secrets of the Empire and have been using Snakeroots on my farm, will definitely be getting the legendary meta gem next week.

Which one would you suggest for a bear tank? Icy-Veins recommends the Indomitable Primal Diamond, but I think the Capacitive Primal Diamond would be more useful since I deal with physical damage by dodging it, and dodged attacks don't need any additional reduction. I run with a +Crit and 1% Spell Reflect meta gem currently, so I'm not really seeing any downside.

Sciz

I'm 18/20 for Secrets of the Empire and have been using Snakeroots on my farm, will definitely be getting the legendary meta gem next week.

Which one would you suggest for a bear tank? Icy-Veins recommends the Indomitable Primal Diamond, but I think the Capacitive Primal Diamond would be more useful since I deal with physical damage by dodging it, and dodged attacks don't need any additional reduction. I run with a +Crit and 1% Spell Reflect meta gem currently, so I'm not really seeing any downside.

I run the dps gem as a brewmaster and get 7-10% of my damage out of it. Proc based defenses aren't reliable, and consequently aren't terribly useful.

edit: There was a good post on the subject on MMOC a while back.

ZenaxPure

It's also worth pointing out once you finish the quest you can buy any of the gems from the blacktalon quartermaster for 5 primal diamonds, which is pretty cheap. You could always play around with both if you wanted.

cdyhybrid

Ugh. Strongly considering dropping Brewmaster for Mistweaver. Just reading up on a quick guide for MSV LFR and I'm already nervous that I'll miss something and wipe the raid.

RPGCrazied

Is there anyway to get another death knight robe, like they get in their start area? Want to transmog it. The only thing I kept was the sword, but this was way before transmogging, so all the other items are gone.

strafer

Is there anyway to get another death knight robe, like they get in their start area? Want to transmog it. The only thing I kept was the sword, but this was way before transmogging, so all the other items are gone.

Travel to your Death Knight city and buy from the vendor. Big fat undead guy.

They added the starting gear.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ugh. Strongly considering dropping Brewmaster for Mistweaver. Just reading up on a quick guide for MSV LFR and I'm already nervous that I'll miss something and wipe the raid.

As a healer there's a lot less pressure on 1 person, there's 6 healers so 2 of them are usually doing most of the work. And it's not like you need to be actively worry about your cooldowns like you would in a normal raid.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What do you guys spend honor on when you hit 4k? I am finding my LFR gear is a higher iLevel then anything I can buy. I read on Tuesday they are making PVE gear more PVP friendly, so buying the pvp armor does not seem to make sense.

ZenaxPure

What do you guys spend honor on when you hit 4k? I am finding my LFR gear is a higher iLevel then anything I can buy. I read on Tuesday they are making PVE gear more PVP friendly, so buying the pvp armor does not seem to make sense.

That's not exactly accurate. When the patch comes out you won't die as fast in pvp with pve gear because of the resilience changes, but, that pve gear has no pvp power. The full honor pvp epic set nets you roughly 55% pvp power which is directly 55% increased damage to players.

If you plan on doing any sort of pvp even casually you will do better in pvp gear, it's just you won't die as fast now if you are only rocking pve stuff.

Sciz

In order, the only mechanics in MSV LFR you should care about as a tank:

-On Feng, if you pick up the immunity crystal on the right, use it for every big spell he casts (not actually necessary if more than three healers are awake)
-On Gara'jal, when he banishes you, touch of death the big tiki add
-On Spirit Kings, aim the first boss towards the raid (and hit dampen harm on the pull because the raid is probably bloody stupid) and don't stand in his cone (unless you want to zen meditate it and gain loads of vengeance)
-On Elegon, aim him away from the raid (also not strictly necessary, but it'll make you look good; also don't fall through the floor)
-On Will, and this is the only one that actually takes a little practice, dance the dance reasonably well

cdyhybrid

As a healer there's a lot less pressure on 1 person, there's 6 healers so 2 of them are usually doing most of the work. And it's not like you need to be actively worry about your cooldowns like you would in a normal raid.

I know you're not implying this, but I'm not saying I'd even just let good healers piggyback me. I'd like to be the best healer in the raid, I just think that playing a healer is less stressful than playing a tank. Maybe if I were raiding with my guild I'd feel differently, but I don't want to subject myself to the abuse in LFR while I'm learning :p

Healing just seems easier than tanking.

In order, the only mechanics in MSV LFR you should care about as a tank:

-On Feng, if you pick up the immunity crystal on the right, use it for every big spell he casts (not actually necessary if more than three healers are awake)
-On Gara'jal, when he banishes you, touch of death the big tiki add
-On Spirit Kings, aim the first boss towards the raid (and hit dampen harm on the pull because the raid is probably bloody stupid) and don't stand in his cone (unless you want to zen meditate it and gain loads of vengeance)
-On Elegon, aim him away from the raid (also not strictly necessary, but it'll make you look good; also don't fall through the floor)
-On Will, and this is the only one that actually takes a little practice, dance the dance reasonably well

It's not really MSV that worries me, I outgear it already even though my tank spec is my offspec. It's more the increased responsibilities that worry me.

Healer queue is pretty much instant and I could PvP with it too, so I'm leaning strongly towards Mistweaver. Wish Blizz would put in tri-spec so I wouldn't have to choose.

It really just comes down to numbers more than anything. As a tank if you mess up something there's very little room for error. Didn't grab the adds in time so they attacked the healers? Probable wipe. Didn't properly taunt the boss to swap stacks of something? Other tank dies and you can't solo leading to another wipe. Don't properly face the boss at some point and big attack hits dps? Probable wipe.

As a healer it's more that if you accidentally heal a target that doesn't need it you've got five others keeping an eye on things in LFR so your mess up doesn't really cause any major problems. There's simply fewer things you can do wrong that lead to a wipe on an individual level.

I just erased a paragraph that the gist of it was saying that tanks have tougher bosses in more recent content than when I tanked until ICC came out but perhaps that's not the case. I'd have to really go through each fight to compare but it sure seems that way thinking back to some of the fights in the past. And I'm sure there's plenty of current bosses that tanks rarely have to do anything crazy. Durumu doesn't require more than a tank to sit there in one place and hit it until they maze with everyone else, eh?

Draxal

I know you're not implying this, but I'm not saying I'd even just let good healers piggyback me. I'd like to be the best healer in the raid, I just think that playing a healer is less stressful than playing a tank. Maybe if I were raiding with my guild I'd feel differently, but I don't want to subject myself to the abuse in LFR while I'm learning :p

It is; I find tanking more stressful than healing but yeah I don't see any reason to q as tank in lfr, just too much abuse for what it is.

Sciz

Maybe if I were raiding with my guild I'd feel differently, but I don't want to subject myself to the abuse in LFR while I'm learning :p

Eh, I can sympathize with that. It's rare that there's anything in LFR that you can't pick up by reading the dungeon journal and watching a video or playing the fight as dps first, though. And once you do know what you're doing, you save yourself a lot of frustration in the long run by only ever having to put up with one potentially clueless tank.

Eh, I can sympathize with that. It's rare that there's anything in LFR that you can't pick up by reading the dungeon journal and watching a video or playing the fight as dps first, though. And once you do know what you're doing, you save yourself a lot of frustration in the long run by only ever having to put up with one potentially clueless tank.

I just wish people would be more vocal about not knowing fights. I'd rather spend the three minutes to make sure everyone understands their general role instead of finding out five people don't know what they're doing, including a tank or two healers or whatever, and then having it wipe, regroup, wait for LFR to queue and fill in the missing members that quit after the wipe, and then do it all over again.

This week in the third wing of ToT a rogue wasn't running with a Durumu beam and wasn't paying attention to the raid chat of everyone yelling at them so I whispered them, which they noticed, and from there I explained all the fights for them as we went through and they were really happy and much more comfortable in the fights. Why not just speak up at the start? I do that each time I run an LFR and it's not the first week. When I enter I'll usually say it's my first time and ask people to let me know what I'll need to know pre-fight and often I'll remind before a boss pull to verify there's not anything I should know. Occasionally people are snarky and just say, "You're DPS, stay alive," while other times I'll be alerted to the general mechanics to watch for or what abilities I should watch for.

TheContact

finally got a 90 of every class on this server, maybe now I'll do it on horde

Untitled.png

ch0mp

It can be traded for jp to buy Heirlooms and xmog gear from cata. There's also a vendor in outland that sells lookalike tier sets. Personally I've been buying http://www.wowhead.com/item=35058 and vendoring it, about 600g per 4k honour.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
finally got a 90 of every class on this server, maybe now I'll do it on horde

Untitled.png

I'm amazed at people who have so many 90s, i only have two(well, three, but im not touching the 3rd one unless i need to make gems) and barely have enough time to get them both to 1k valor each week and do the LFR bosses that they need. Well, the fact that i don't spend all my evenings playing only WoW probably doesn't "help". I usually do 1 heroic and 1 scenario a day with both of them and do LFR during the weekend.

I suppose people with so many 90s all have crappy green/blue gear. :p

Tarazet

It's not really MSV that worries me, I outgear it already even though my tank spec is my offspec. It's more the increased responsibilities that worry me.

Healer queue is pretty much instant and I could PvP with it too, so I'm leaning strongly towards Mistweaver. Wish Blizz would put in tri-spec so I wouldn't have to choose.

As a tank, you have control over how well or how poorly things go in general, and good strategy and execution will make every encounter easy; but either tank being bad will frequently result in repeated wipes.

As a healer, you're responsible for compensating for everyone's shortcomings and keeping enough people alive to complete the encounter, no matter what happens.

Both are stressful in different ways.

cdyhybrid

I only level characters to 90 for the extra farm plots. I'll never run out of Golden Lotuses, trillium bars or exotic leather.

I hope they do player housing in the next expansion and go full-on Harvest Moon with it. Let me upgrade the house, expand my farm, raise animals, the whole nine yards.

As a tank, you have control over how well or how poorly things go in general, and good strategy and execution will make every encounter easy; but either tank being bad will frequently result in repeated wipes.

As a healer, you're responsible for compensating for everyone's shortcomings and keeping enough people alive to complete the encounter, no matter what happens.

Both are stressful in different ways.

I see what you're saying, there's more room for error for healers in LFR though. Three or four DPS dying isn't a big deal, one tank dying is usually a wipe (without brez of course).

I hope they do player housing in the next expansion and go full-on Harvest Moon with it. Let me upgrade the house, expand my farm, raise animals, the whole nine yards.

I can see this sort of thing being super dangerous for me as having more stuff to collect from drops or doing wacky stuff/earning achievements to furnish or show off within the home would get me to play even more. I'm really curious in what they could do with it. I could imagine any player's home being visitable by right-clicking their frame and selecting a Visit Home option. And perhaps have something where people can leave comments, or even more specifically leave comments on individual items shown off in the home. Imagine if you got something from clearing a heroic raid so someone visiting your place could praise the effort or something. I think it could help a bit with some of the complaints that there's no community aspect left in the game.

Hell, go a much bigger step and allow player homes to live within a guild neighborhood instance so perhaps there's something like 200 plots available per guild to allow members to place their homes and someone could visit and check out the homes in a guild or just going to your own guilds "village" and wandering through different homes.

I think there's some pretty interesting things that could be done but obviously some could be largely impossible when considering server load or what's being stored and easily available for them to keep running even when you're not online. Considering how much data is available for anyone that's logged on recently when checking them on the Armory I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult. Take the three top battle pets and let them roam around the player home? Dumb stuff like that.

...of course this is if they ever do any player housing sort of thing. I think they've talked about wanting to do it?

I find that sort of stuff super interesting so I'd love to see that sort of thing. I'm one of those people that actually uses "Compare Achievements" with random people on occasion, though, so I'm likely a minority in being interested in other people's achievements (achievement system and otherwise). I love chatting with people that have unique mounts and just having conversations about that stuff.

cdyhybrid

I think they said somewhere that the success of the phasing they used for the farm made them pretty optimistic that it could be done. But I think they were more saying that they could do it, not necessarily that they would.

ZenaxPure

I think they said somewhere that the success of the phasing they used for the farm made them pretty optimistic that it could be done. But I think they were more saying that they could do it, not necessarily that they would.

That is how I read it as well. I'd consider myself optimistic about it at this point though, I think the farm has been a pretty big hit for them and people enjoyed it and the different parts of it so I wouldn't be surprised if they took it a step further. We already know they are abandoning the farm for next expansion because they don't want to constantly update/support it, so, it would be nice to get something as a suitable replacement.

RPGCrazied

So is this hearthsteed mount really coming from the hearthstone beta? I just saw that on mmo-champion this morning. Will this be the first mount that not everyone will have a chance at? Unless the beta will be easy to get into or something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I started farming rivendare again. Why am I doing this to myself?
Got it "accidentally" as I was getting the dungeon for the achievement :lol

ZenaxPure

So is this hearthsteed mount really coming from the hearthstone beta? I just saw that on mmo-champion this morning. Will this be the first mount that not everyone will have a chance at? Unless the beta will be easy to get into or something.

We don't know. Unless they aren't sharing something that has to be speculation on their part, the achievement tied to it doesn't mention anything about the beta. Not saying it's impossible though.

So which mount is the rarest in the entire game?

Black Proto?

Not even close, the black qiraji battletank is absolutely the rareset. It was only obtainable by people who rang the gong at the end of the AQ quest chain and those that rang during the server wide "battle" event.

Only 2 people on my server obtained it and I'm sure on plenty of servers there was only 1 person.

RPGCrazied

We don't know. Unless they aren't sharing something that has to be speculation on their part, the achievement tied to it doesn't mention anything about the beta. Not saying it's impossible though.

Oh ok, thanks.

The dungeon mounts might not be rare, but never they drop! I do them weekly, and have been for months. I did manage to get the white hawkstrider, but the Karazhan horse and Raven Lord bird have been alluding me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So which mount is the rarest in the entire game?

Black Proto?

Qiraj Dong mount... crazy rare. Those players don't even play anymore.

Yoshichan

Hey, remember when everyone pre-ordered ****** 3 in order to get the tyraels charger, thinking that it would be rare?

LAWL.

ZenaxPure

I wish they would re-add those to the game, but, at this point I don't think they will outside of the BMAH.

On the plus side though it seems they are alright with making mounts that look close enough to them. The swift zulian panther looks almost exactly like the epic black night saber from vanilla, and, the white raptor added in 5.2 looks very close to the ivory raptor.

We really need a swift white steed replacement though. Such a cool looking horse and I was always sad I never got one :( Unicorn mount is not a good replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom