• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ugh, my guild starts raiding on tuesday finally. Our old raid leader hasn't logged on for MoP yet, he's probably been busy or something so I'm stuck organizing and leading this shit fest. It's not that we have a bad group, it's that not everyone shows up every time due to shit like life. If I could get our best 10 in a group a clear is guaranteed, if only all 10 would show up...
Yeah that's what I hate. My core hasn't logged in in a year. Not joining some other guild to compete for a spot and not get loot. Most guilds on my server have a loot council.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah that's what I hate. My core hasn't logged in in a year. Not joining some other guild to compete for a spot and not get loot. Most guilds on my server have a loot council.

I HATE Loot Council. I've been a random guy and a decider and both sides are just fucked. On a 10 man there is no real point to having it, it's only 10 guys. On a 25 I'd rather have some kind of point system, you can't cheat a point system and give loot to your friends.

I'm lucky in that we're just missing an off-tank and some heals, but damn it does suck.

Robin64

Blech, loot systems. Especially in 10man? No thanks. 10 is small enough that everyone should at least know each other, so it should be easy to decide who to give loot to, no?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You should be perma banned from this forum.

did i almost steal ur alani hgi? don't pimp it in trade chat br0

i mean look at it this way. if i steal from the nerd who spent like 500 bajillion hours farming for some dumb mount, it might drive them to quit WoW and break their addiction, you know? i could be the catalyst for change in their life for the better and teach them a harsh lesson about wasting 5 days of mob grinding. dude was even dumb enough to try to sell it in trade chat for gold, then after failing, immediately breaking the cloud. but all this is moot anyway if it's not taggable. #challengeverything

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i just opened a Ghost Lockbox... and inside was another Ghost Lockbox, and inside that Ghost Lockbox, there was another one!

FLEABttn

Banned
Blech, loot systems. Especially in 10man? No thanks. 10 is small enough that everyone should at least know each other, so it should be easy to decide who to give loot to, no?

The name for that loot system is "don't shit in the sink".

For 25's, loot council is best so long as there's no shenanigans. I used to run our 40's (zero sum) DKP system in Vanilla, was not a fan.

7 wipes on Feng in LFR later it was me, a hunter and a DK who hadn't ragequit. 10 minutes later, 21 more people filled the group and we one-shotted him.

Feng is the new Vaelastrasz

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So i just opened a Ghost Lockbox... and inside was another Ghost Lockbox, and inside that Ghost Lockbox, there was another one!

I know that feel, I had one lockbox turn into two and those two turn into four. I thought it would never end...

profit

What the hell? I've done LFR twice today (the first I joined the group in front of the last boss, second time it was from the start). When I finished my second run I went back to the LFR window, and all of a sudden, I cant queue anymore, stating my ilvl is too low 456, while in the character sheet it says I'm 462....
Is this a bug or something? It took a couple of days when I hit 460 for WoW to realize I'm at the ilvl required to join LFR aswell....

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What the hell? I've done LFR twice today (the first I joined the group in front of the last boss, second time it was from the start). When I finished my second run I went back to the LFR window, and all of a sudden, I cant queue anymore, stating my ilvl is too low 456, while in the character sheet it says I'm 462....
Is this a bug or something? It took a couple of days when I hit 460 for WoW to realize I'm at the ilvl required to join LFR aswell....
The queue tooltip and req seems to be an average of equipped ilvl and potential ilvl plus or minus 1. So if you changed some equipped gear around you potentially lowered it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When is mah boy Blizz fixing the [Ain't Lost No More]-achievement?

Yoshichan

What's wrong with it? I had no trouble getting it just a few days ago actually.
Odd. Lots of people on Wowhead having issues. Credit isn't given when you open the cave.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
did i almost steal ur alani hgi? don't pimp it in trade chat br0

i mean look at it this way. if i steal from the nerd who spent like 500 bajillion hours farming for some dumb mount, it might drive them to quit WoW and break their addiction, you know? i could be the catalyst for change in their life for the better and teach them a harsh lesson about wasting 5 days of mob grinding. dude was even dumb enough to try to sell it in trade chat for gold, then after failing, immediately breaking the cloud. but all this is moot anyway if it's not taggable. #challengeverything

Why is he dumb for trying to sell his mount? It's his, not yours.

Your douchiness knows no bounds.

Yoshichan

Did you actually finish the quest chain? You don't get the achievement until you turn in the final quest of the chain at halfhill.
Finishing the quest doesn't even work so how I am I supposed to complete it? Of course I knew that you need to turn the final quest in order to get the achievement.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31314

Read the comments.

ZenaxPure

Finishing the quest doesn't even work so how I am I supposed to complete it? Of course I knew that you need to turn the final quest in order to get the achievement.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31314

Read the comments.

Well considering you didn't actually mention anything about finishing the quest and just said you didn't get credit for opening the cave (which isn't where you get the achievement or even start the quest) I was just making sure you actually knew you needed to finish it. Were you even able to start the chain from the old map, or is that bugged as well?

As a side note, I actually got my achievement for it either the same day or the day after (depending how WoWhead does their timestamps) that top comment bug report was made. Not saying it's not buggy, I just found it odd since I had absolutely no trouble with it outside of having to hearth of out the cave since it appeared to be a one way trip.

Yoshichan

Well considering you didn't actually mention anything about finishing the quest and just said you didn't get credit for opening the cave (which isn't where you get the achievement or even start the quest) I was just making sure you actually knew you needed to finish it. Were you even able to start the chain from the old map, or is that bugged as well?
Yes, I was able to start the chain from the old map. Did you click the link? You'll see that it's the second to last quest before getting the achievement. It doesn't matter that you don't get the achievement for completing the quest, it's about me (along with everyone else) not being able to complete a quest that is needed in order to get the follow-up quest that'll get me the achievement.

I know people mentioned how easy the Anglers dailies are here before, but damn I just did them for the first time and that was fast. I needed to make more Valor since I am down to just Shado-Pan and Celestials each day and I wish I started these earlier.

Ultratech

Lol just pissed some alliance dude off killing him and stealing a rare. Who dropped pants for em.

Made an alt to message me .

I was in the Vale this morning and a Shaman was trying to finish off a Rare that I picked up on NPCScan. I just kinda watched, and as he got the Rare mob down to about 2-3%, two mobs ended up spawning on top of him and killing him, with the Rare having about 20k HP left.

Anywho, I swooped in, managed to kill the Rare after he reset and got the Panflute of Pandaria.

When my girlfriend plays pet battles on her laptop, her character is often crying. When she plays them using my computer, her character does not cry. What gives?

Trickster

7 wipes on Feng in LFR later it was me, a hunter and a DK who hadn't ragequit. 10 minutes later, 21 more people filled the group and we one-shotted him.

Feng is the new Vaelastrasz

Feng becomes much easier if the tanks aren't idiots. I say this as a tank myself. First time I queued for lfr, I did it as a dps because I wanted to see what it was like without having the pressure of being a tank. We get to feng. And neither of the tanks use the energy barrier that nullifies all dmg to ppl that stand inside of it. And they didn't move him when dps failed hard on wildfire sparks.

Then it becomes my turn to tank this week on feng. I use the barrier When I have too, and move feng when dps fail on wildfire sparks. Feng died very easy :p

Feng becomes much easier if the tanks aren't idiots. I say this as a tank myself. First time I queued for lfr, I did it as a dps because I wanted to see what it was like without having the pressure of being a tank. We get to feng. And neither of the tanks use the energy barrier that nullifies all dmg to ppl that stand inside of it. And they didn't move him when dps failed hard on wildfire sparks.

Then it becomes my turn to tank this week on feng. I use the barrier When I have too, and move feng when dps fail on wildfire sparks. Feng died very easy :p

The tanks were the least of our problems. Random DPS standing in range of 10 other people with Arcane Resonance was 100% of our problems. We'd literally have 25 people at full health during the final transition, only to have someone not move out after Velocity, get Resonance, and kill 15 people. This happened a good 4 times, different people each time.

Fjordson

Man, there's certainly a lot of dailies in MoP. Holy shit. Feels like there's at least 20 for Golden Lotus alone. Not complaining, though, easy boost to my meager gold count.

On another note, what do you guys think of MoP heroics? Are they tough? I'd like to start doing them, but I'm barely over the requirement at 442. Still have some slots with crappy gear.

Magnus

So, uh...the question I should have asked 6 years ago.

Is there a way to search for a specific item on the AH by name, without prefixes or extra words? Let me clarify, by example, because I don't know how to phrase the question without doing so, lol.

So, I want to search for Vermillion Onyx, say. Like, just the raw gem. But of course, when you search for Vermillion Onyx, you get every fucking item with those words in the name. Adept Vermillion Onyx, Vermillion Onyx Buckler, etc etc. And you can spend like a whole minute flipping AH pages trying to sort shit and find what you actually want.

Is there a way to narrow down what you want to specifically your search text and nothing but?

Man, there's certainly a lot of dailies in MoP. Holy shit. Feels like there's at least 20 for Golden Lotus alone. Not complaining, though, easy boost to my meager gold count.

On another note, what do you guys think of MoP heroics? Are they tough? I'd like to start doing them, but I'm barely over the requirement at 442. Still have some slots with crappy gear.

They're terribly, terribly easy if you have a halfway-competent group. Don't worry. Go for it as soon as you can; it's what everyone else is doing.

Tamanon

Banned
So, uh...the question I should have asked 6 years ago.

Is there a way to search for a specific item on the AH by name, without prefixes or extra words? Let me clarify, by example, because I don't know how to phrase the question without doing so, lol.

So, I want to search for Vermillion Onyx, say. Like, just the raw gem. But of course, when you search for Vermillion Onyx, you get every fucking item with those words in the name. Adept Vermillion Onyx, Vermillion Onyx Buckler, etc etc. And you can spend like a whole minute flipping AH pages trying to sort shit and find what you actually want.

Is there a way to narrow down what you want to specifically your search text and nothing but?

They're terribly, terribly easy if you have a halfway-competent group. Don't worry. Go for it as soon as you can; it's what everyone else is doing.

Usually just switching the sorting order after searching will work.

Just like I hate looking for Wool or Silk Cloth.

Magnus

Usually just switching the sorting order after searching will work.

Just like I hate looking for Wool or Silk Cloth.

Well, I can switch it around alphabetically, or by price, etc. But can't narrow it down to just the specific search term. So brutal!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it just me, or do tank warriors have a much harder time than before when it comes to rage? I feel like i never have enough, it sucks. I don't even have that problem with my DPS Arms spec. Does it gets better at lvl 90 with better tank gear? Tanking those reg Pandaria dungeons sucks right now because of that.

JCizzle

Is it just me, or do tank warriors have a much harder time than before when it comes to rage? I feel like i never have enough, it sucks. I don't even have that problem with my DPS Arms spec. Does it gets better at lvl 90 with better tank gear? Tanking those reg Pandaria dungeons sucks right now because of that.

It may not be super optimal for heroic raiding, but regem/reforge into hit & expertise. It makes it much more steady and you get way better uptime on active mitigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom