• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It may not be super optimal for heroic raiding, but regem/reforge into hit & expertise. It makes it much more steady and you get way better uptime on active mitigation.

Yeah, both my hit and expertise are horrible... i guess that might help.

mileS

Raid finder can be so frustrating. It makes me scared for the future of wow's player base.

We had somebody very clearly explain the elegon fight before the pull. and what do you know half the raid died when the platform fell. The raid leader even spammed it in caps plenty of time ahead and during that point.

and the fight before that? spirit kings of w/e? 8 melee dead from the shockwave... even though they give you a solid 15-20 seconds to move out of the way. the same 8 people died over and over from it.

Chris R

What is the ideal talen setup/rotation for Brewmaster? Trying it out for my second spec since the gear is somewhat similar unlike the int/sp/ect gear needed for healing. If I don't like it though I guess I'll buy some 450 gear and try healing out.

Rokam

Raid finder can be so frustrating. It makes me scared for the future of wow's player base.

We had somebody very clearly explain the elegon fight before the pull. and what do you know half the raid died when the platform fell. The raid leader even spammed it in caps plenty of time ahead and during that point.

and the fight before that? spirit kings of w/e? 8 melee dead from the shockwave... even though they give you a solid 15-20 seconds to move out of the way. the same 8 people died over and over from it.

Annihilation doesn't even kill you in LFR on Spirit Kings, think it's only 250k. Silly baddies not popping survival cooldowns.

johnsmith

remember me
So, uh...the question I should have asked 6 years ago.

Is there a way to search for a specific item on the AH by name, without prefixes or extra words? Let me clarify, by example, because I don't know how to phrase the question without doing so, lol.

So, I want to search for Vermillion Onyx, say. Like, just the raw gem. But of course, when you search for Vermillion Onyx, you get every fucking item with those words in the name. Adept Vermillion Onyx, Vermillion Onyx Buckler, etc etc. And you can spend like a whole minute flipping AH pages trying to sort shit and find what you actually want.

Is there a way to narrow down what you want to specifically your search text and nothing but?

Get an AH mod. I use auctionlite and it lets you do exactly what you want to do. The standard AH ui is old and outdated.

Westlo

Is it just me, or do tank warriors have a much harder time than before when it comes to rage? I feel like i never have enough, it sucks. I don't even have that problem with my DPS Arms spec. Does it gets better at lvl 90 with better tank gear? Tanking those reg Pandaria dungeons sucks right now because of that.

eh? those dungeons are close to faceroll status for warrior tanks.

Tarazet

There used to be shitfest debates about non normal mode epics being too easy to get and called welfare epics. Rep epics and crafted epics take more effort, but its still guaranteed. Valor currency used to not be available in heroics.

Time to get into normal mode then heroic raiding my friend! You need to experience that.
People talking starts through mics.

I'm personally gonna be stuck in lfr.

I realize that, I actually didn't have any valor points until Mop. Back then I was still playing Balance and just trying to get a foothold. Now I actually can't go back and play Balance even if I try, Feral is closer to the style I like.. but it's obscenely difficult for someone who hasn't played the spec for years, and the raid mechanics don't help. I hope that LFR where I died 5 times was just a fluke because I was sick. Oh yeah, we also had two healers for most of the raid.. that probably didn't help either.

I'm not the kind of player who likes to tunnel vision the boss. The first 3 bosses of MV LFR were that. No one had to pay any attention to mechanics; we could either tunnel vision the boss or if we were adventurous, we could tunnel vision the adds in the spirit realm. I realize the Vault of Mysteries is different, and I tried to be as careful as I could while still keeping uptime as long as I saw other people around me. I still went down in the first phase of Spirit Kings.

Fjordson

Motherfucker my DPS sucks (BM hunter). This is disheartening.

In brighter news, I actually got something useful from archaeology. A little voodoo doll pet, he looks bad ass.

Finally hit revered with Golden Lotus today so I got to start on Shado-Pan and August Celestials dailies.

Also got an epic chest out of Raid Finder and 4 Sigils of Power, which is a decent haul. Last boss seems to be a bit of a cockblock - didn't get it down - may try tomorrow night.

Priest is now 56, so when she hits either 58 or 60, I'm taking a break on her so I can catch up with my other alts I'm working on. Paladin I still want at least the tank shoulders (if not the chest as well) to replace the dps ones before moving back to him, which may be a few days at the rate I do heroic dungeons. Really need to get my Warrior to 90 as well, but there's just something so fun about leveling low level characters (when they're all twinked out in BoAs). Faster levels, unlocking spells/talents/etc. at a quicker pace.

profit

Is it just me, or do tank warriors have a much harder time than before when it comes to rage? I feel like i never have enough, it sucks. I don't even have that problem with my DPS Arms spec. Does it gets better at lvl 90 with better tank gear? Tanking those reg Pandaria dungeons sucks right now because of that.

Whats your rotation? You should keep SS and revenge on cooldown and devestate for S&B procs. If you do that, you should be able to keep shield block up all the time. If you dont have enough hit or expertise you dont generate any rage, so yes that sucks. Only use cleave and heroic strike when the free proc occurs or when youre rage capped.

Acidote

Can't get over 55k dps on Feng as an Enh Shaman, that's my top and I can't do any better =(

From that point onwards, my only room for improvement is gearing myself. And I'm just not lucky in that regard.

To be positive, I'm 3k rep from hitting exalted Klaxxi, and after that I don't thing I'm ever doing those dailies anymore. Not for valor, not for badges, not for alters even with the 5.1 double rep. Never.

Sarcasm

I am holding off on shado pan and the aug dailies. Want to hit exalted with golden before I street burning myself on those two. Want to hit e with tillers and serpents too. So after that I can work on pan and anglers, than Aug and klaxxi..

This a good order?

Robin64

When I hit Revered with Golden Lotus, I'll probably alternate. Do Lotus one day, Celestials the next, Shado-pan another, etc. I won't be repping up as quick as some of you, but I don't think the next expansion is going to come out any time soon.

mileS

The dailies can be quite the grind. I can only imagine what its like for people that hate them. I was about to take a break with Golden Lotus after revered... until I seen somebody on the mount that I must have. Also I read you get a 489 neck for free when you hit exalted. Which sounds like a good way of saving valor for the time being over the klax one.

I do alllllll of them. Pretty much cap on valor from just dailies at the end of the week. It's nice to not feel like I need to grind heroics on TOP of all of that. I like that aspect. I'm taking the path of do every single daily that's available to me, that way once they are over with i'm done for good and have lots and lots of free time to do what I want. It's a huge grind but i'm doing good. Another 1-2 weeks and I should only have 2 major reps to grind, everything else will be exalted.

syoaran

When I hit Revered with Golden Lotus, I'll probably alternate. Do Lotus one day, Celestials the next, Shado-pan another, etc. I won't be repping up as quick as some of you, but I don't think the next expansion is going to come out any time soon.

Golden Lotus was actually quite nice at exalted so it's well worth sticking with it. The pay off at the end was epic enough to warrant my attention over the last few weeks.

Unfortunately the achievement for the Vale dailies did not complete, so I imagine I need to get exalted with both the Shadopan and the Celestials to reach the final ending for the 5.0 storyline

Fjordson

Yeah, when I hit revered with them I'll probably switch to Shado-Pan. Their mounts and cloud serpent are too dope (not that I don't also like the Golden Lotus ones).

As a mount junkie, all these factions really are a nice addition :lol

Touch

So, I got my DK to level 80 today and decided to twink out for a bit. I have never twinked out a toon before. Is it normal for ques to be very long for twinks? Also, is the only way to earn JP is to convert Honor?

mclem

Ugh, my guild starts raiding on tuesday finally. Our old raid leader hasn't logged on for MoP yet, he's probably been busy or something so I'm stuck organizing and leading this shit fest. It's not that we have a bad group, it's that not everyone shows up every time due to shit like life. If I could get our best 10 in a group a clear is guaranteed, if only all 10 would show up...

The political line I'm having to balance on at the moment is balancing the great players who are unreliable against the poorer players who have rock-solid attendance. Some of the good players get annoyed when I try to mix them up with some poorer ones to ensure that when we *don't* have the good players, at least we're not stuck with *inexperienced* poorer players - but I think that's healthier for the guild in the long run.

Bisnic

Whats your rotation? You should keep SS and revenge on cooldown and devestate for S&B procs. If you do that, you should be able to keep shield block up all the time. If you dont have enough hit or expertise you dont generate any rage, so yes that sucks. Only use cleave and heroic strike when the free proc occurs or when youre rage capped.

My rotation looks like that, but with the cooldown on Thunderclap, i feel like I have to use Cleave too often, especially on that Shado Pan Monastery where they keep throwing pandas at you.

With considering how i had like 1% hit and expertise, i guess it hurted a lot for rage. I was still using many Cataclysm epics, and those were lacking a lot in that.

JCizzle

Ouch, in that case then you definitely need to reforge ASAP. That must be brutal.

Tangentially related, I think it's dumb that tanks need to invest twice as much expertise as DPS to get the same results. I think that's outdated and it should be 7.5% for both the front and back of mobs. It's just silly investing twice as much into a DPS stat.

profit

My rotation looks like that, but with the cooldown on Thunderclap, i feel like I have to use Cleave too often, especially on that Shado Pan Monastery where they keep throwing pandas at you.

With considering how i had like 1% hit and expertise, i guess it hurted a lot for rage. I was still using many Cataclysm epics, and those were lacking a lot in that.

Hm thats odd, with revenge hitting multiple targets aswell, I just charge or heroic leap in, thunderclap, revenge and big packs are glued to me for the entire fight.
Unless I forget to go back into def stance, I always forget that after switching specs :D.
And yeah, missing hit and exp can really hurt your rage generation.

Bizazedo

I could be wrong, and frequently am, but it feels like Warriors are in a good to decent spot right now tanking wise. I am hit capped and close to expertise capped, though, and pop shield barrier like a mad man / shield block when the rage is available.

I know it's heroic 5 man and thus faceroll, but I had a group in Gate of the Setting Sun last night not know the fight I guess against General Pa'valak and get bombed into oblivion. I had to solo Pa'valak from 14% to dead. Second Wind + active mitigation = crazy.

Hm thats odd, with revenge hitting multiple targets aswell, I just charge or heroic leap in, thunderclap, revenge and big packs are glued to me for the entire fight.
Unless I forget to go back into def stance, I always forget that after switching specs :D.
And yeah, missing hit and exp can really hurt your rage generation.

I forgot to go back into def stance on my first trip into the Vaults :x. So rusty / was remembering the toolbars switched when you switched stances "back in the day" and so went into it.

profit

I could be wrong, and frequently am, but it feels like Warriors are in a good to decent spot right now tanking wise. I am hit capped and close to expertise capped, though, and pop shield barrier like a mad man / shield block when the rage is available.
I mostly just my rage for shield block, and only use shield barrier for magical damage. I believe thats the way these spells are supposed to be used but I can be mistaking.

Early mornings are good for rare spawns. Killed 4 this morning, got a vanity widget on my warrior alt (again - he has 3.)

Though I suppose it's not all bad having all the vanity stuff spread around a bit. I'm short on bank space on my main anyway.

Tarazet

I am holding off on shado pan and the aug dailies. Want to hit exalted with golden before I street burning myself on those two. Want to hit e with tillers and serpents too. So after that I can work on pan and anglers, than Aug and klaxxi..

This a good order?

August Celestials is piss easy, and it takes by far the highest number of consecutive days to complete. Don't wait on it.

FLEABttn

Banned
The dailies can be quite the grind. I can only imagine what its like for people that hate them.

Grumbling, picking a couple factions at a time to focus on, skipping factions that don't provide gear (outside of Tillers), and stopping at revered for factions that provide gear.

I've only valor capped once this expac. I don't care to do it if it means an hour and a half or two hours of dailies every day (if you subtract out LFR and a few heroics a week, it's something like 140 dailies you need to do to cap out for the week, it's dumb).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mostly just my rage for shield block, and only use shield barrier for magical damage. I believe thats the way these spells are supposed to be used but I can be mistaking.

You can also try and use shield barrier for when it is impossible to use shield block, to help fill in the mitigation gaps. Also barrier is the better one to use when dots/bleeds are applied to you.

Entropia

No One Remembers
August Celestials is piss easy, and it takes by far the highest number of consecutive days to complete. Don't wait on it.

I finished up Golden Lotus yesterday. I'm like 1 rep point off from Revered with the Klaxxi, but I'm not a fan of their dailies.. :<

The only reps I did daily were Tillers and Golden Lotus. I finished the Tillers like a week ago or something and now done with the Golden Lotus. So I guess it's time for Klaxxi/Anglers/August Celestials.

profit

You can also try and use shield barrier for when it is impossible to use shield block, to help fill in the mitigation gaps. Also barrier is the better one to use when dots/bleeds are applied to you.

Yeah I use it for those OH SHIT moments, when you really need to absorb some damage, but most of the time shield block is up for me and you have to build up your rage yet again after blowing 30 rage for barrier. I think shield block absorbs more damage aswell, but I'm pretty bad at math so cant confirm.

Bisnic

Ouch, in that case then you definitely need to reforge ASAP. That must be brutal.

Tangentially related, I think it's dumb that tanks need to invest twice as much expertise as DPS to get the same results. I think that's outdated and it should be 7.5% for both the front and back of mobs. It's just silly investing twice as much into a DPS stat.

The thing is, i don't like reforging a tank for more hit and expertise, i have to sacrifice my tanking stats for that and it makes him weaker... it sucks. And I was already taking a lot of damage the other day, and that was without reforging parry, dodge or mastery for hit & expertise...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah I use it for those OH SHIT moments, when you really need to absorb some damage, but most of the time shield block is up for me and you have to build up your rage yet again after blowing 30 rage for barrier. I think shield block absorbs more damage aswell, but I'm pretty bad at math so cant confirm.

It's just for the gaps, personally I like being able to have something to mitigate even one hit while block is coming off cooldown.

Tarazet

OKay which one is exactly the quests for it? I have two in longtown.

Longtown Steppes is Shado-Pan, for August you go to the Shrine and visit the AC Quartermaster underneath the area where the flight trainer is and you'll get sent to the daily area.

profit

The thing is, i don't like reforging a tank for more hit and expertise, i have to sacrifice my tanking stats for that and it makes him weaker... it sucks. And I was already taking a lot of damage the other day, and that was without reforging parry, dodge or mastery for hit & expertise...

While levelling it is not that important, but once you hit 90 it's priority to get hit/expertise capped. As soon as I hit 90 I reforged everything and had no problem with taking too much damage. You'll be taking more damage everytime you dont have block/barrier up anyway.
And by the way, that Shadow pan dungeon has some pretty hard hitting mobs, so dont worry to much about it.

Ezio

Finally hit 80 on my monk, started questing in MH. I quested from 1-15 then only did dungeons from that point on. Just under 2 days played time total so far. I can't run any of the Cata dungeons yet because my iLevel is too low, lol. Still gotta replace my shoulders/chest piece as they are no longer giving exp bonus which sucks. Loving it so far, definately my favorite class to play thus far in WoW.

Bizazedo

Profit said it best, but I know how y'feel. It felt wrong.

It'll actually help mitigate more, though, due to block/barrier being more availlable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Profit said it best, but I know how y'feel. It felt wrong.

It'll actually help mitigate more, though, due to block/barrier being more availlable.

This guy's right. You don't have to cap if you aren't raiding, but if you are it's a must I think. A constant rage intake feels so good man.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey look, another bugged achievement (I'm counting them: this is the sixth one in MoP).

[Eternally in the Vale]

Can we reach ten unreachable achievements in one content patch?! Tune in later, to find out!

Sarcasm

Longtown Steppes is Shado-Pan, for August you go to the Shrine and visit the AC Quartermaster underneath the area where the flight trainer is and you'll get sent to the daily area.

Actually I have two in TL..one is shado and the other is august.

There is one at bridge and in the nazuro temple.

It's only possible to have a chance at the Horseman mount once per day, right?

Didn't it used to be 5 times a day? I am never going to get that thing :(

aesop

I'll hit exalted with the tillers tomorrow. Is there any reason to worry about the individual reps there?

Once you hit exalted with Tillers a quest opens up to hire a farm hand. You can only hire a best friend. So, somewhat. Also, once you are best friends, you will get gifts.

Nugg

Once you hit exalted with Tillers a quest opens up to hire a farm hand. You can only hire a best friend. So, somewhat. Also, once you are best friends, you will get gifts.
Does the farmhand actually do anything? Mine just sits there, that lazy fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom