• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you're best friends with Gina or Tina, you get to bang them. Simultaneously.

Nugg

It's only possible to have a chance at the Horseman mount once per day, right?

Didn't it used to be 5 times a day? I am never going to get that thing :(

You used to need someone in your group with the daily quest, so as long as you could find people who did, you could summon the boss and loot him for a chance to get the mount.

Now, you can only get the reward chest once a day, so there is no way to cheat that system. You can only do it once a day, but if you have multiple level 90 characters, you can do it once with each of them (since the mount is account wide, it doesn't matter which character gets it).

You used to need someone in your group with the daily quest, so as long as you could find people who did, you could summon the boss and loot him for a chance to get the mount.

Now, you can only get the reward chest once a day, so there is no way to cheat that system. You can only do it once a day, but if you have multiple level 90 characters, you can do it once with each of them (since the mount is account wide, it doesn't matter which character gets it).

Thanks, that's what I thought but wanted to make sure. If I don't get it this year I'm hoping it pops up on the BMAH at some point!

Lucis

Blizzard really needs to create a mobile version of Pet Battles.

LOL That would actually be a mobile game I will play.
That would get me into pets even more.

I finally setup ElvUI. It looks great, the only grip I have is the way how bars are setup. If you enable all 5 bars, the last one is on top of the 3 bottom bars, which covers part of the player/target frame's power bar, and the cast bar for target is below the target, which covers 3 button of the bar also.

mclem

The thing is, i don't like reforging a tank for more hit and expertise, i have to sacrifice my tanking stats for that and it makes him weaker... it sucks. And I was already taking a lot of damage the other day, and that was without reforging parry, dodge or mastery for hit & expertise...
The way it works out for paladins, at least: Hit & Expertise *smooth* your damage intake, but you'll take slightly more damage; Parry & Dodge mean you take less damage overall, but it's *much* spikier. In my experience, healers far prefer smoother damage intake. In other words, swapping parry and dodge for hit and expertise does *not* make you a weaker tank. At least, if you're a paladin. Dunno if they've nailed that balance for warriors.

It's only possible to have a chance at the Horseman mount once per day, right?

Didn't it used to be 5 times a day? I am never going to get that thing :(

It used to be once per member per day, and you could swap in various members to get extra opportunities. That said, you also had to slog your way to Scarlet Monastery personally to get in!

Ryan_

hey guys,

Quick question. After being rather dissapointed with Diablo 3 and having a nice but brief time with Guild Wars 2 (kinda burned out), would you recommend coming back to WoW?

My time in Vanilla was one of the best I had, played BC and WotLK but skipped Cata.
I do have a lvl 80 mage thanks to scroll of res.

Any opinions?

I see Yoshi made the transition :) so that's interesting!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Finally hit 80 on my monk, started questing in MH. I quested from 1-15 then only did dungeons from that point on. Just under 2 days played time total so far. I can't run any of the Cata dungeons yet because my iLevel is too low, lol. Still gotta replace my shoulders/chest piece as they are no longer giving exp bonus which sucks. Loving it so far, definately my favorite class to play thus far in WoW.

They still give the XP bonus through 80.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey Ryan! SillyEskimo said something a couple of pages ago that I completely agreed with and I think this fits what you're looking for:
Best expansion yet, so far. Graphics, music, and overall theme are absolutely amazing. It's more "grindy" than previous expansions but there is also significantly more to do in Pandaria than any previous expansion. It is actually a bit intimidating.

It's still WoW though. It just happens to be WoW at the top of it's game.

I see Yoshi made the transition :) so that's interesting!
♥
Sorry about the surreal hype during D3 man.

Ryan_

Hey Ryan! SillyEskimo said something a couple of pages ago that I completely agreed with and I think this fits what you're looking for:

♥
Sorry about the surreal hype during D3 man.

Nice to see you again m8. WHat server are the gaffers on?

And don't sweat it, we were all hyped to the max and those first weeks were epic, surviving on BBQ sauce and Nalu. But I became dissapointed when AH became too much of a necessity and inferno being just stupid. So i'm looking for some nice raiding, gearing, maybe some pvp... Guild Wars 2 was nice, played with Naito in the Eurogaf guild but there's not much to do endgame and endgame is also just grind for gear but without the satisfaction of using it in sick raids. So I kinda have a burnout while all ym friends are getting back into wow.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The only thing i hate, is how useless they made Justice points. At least put a NPC that allows us to buy mats with those points like in Cataclysm. It makes heroics pretty much pointless once all your gear is at least at 463 now since you can get all the Valor points, epics, gold and reputation you need from dailies and LFR. And the worst part is that JP gear item lvl is a few lvls behind heroic 5 man gear... which makes them even more useless.

Well, i guess i can change them for Honor points until they do something about that.

Yoshichan

Nice to see you again m8. WHat server are the gaffers on?

And don't sweat it, we were all hyped to the max and those first weeks were epic, surviving on BBQ sauce and Nalu. But I became dissapointed when AH became too much of a necessity and inferno being just stupid. So i'm looking for some nice raiding, gearing, maybe some pvp... Guild Wars 2 was nice, played with Naito in the Eurogaf guild but there's not much to do endgame and endgame is also just grind for gear but without the satisfaction of using it in sick raids. So I kinda have a burnout while all ym friends are getting back into wow.
Yep, yep! I played with Naito as well, he's a very cool dude :)

Most GAFers play on Mal'Ganis (PVP) on NA-servers!

I made an Alliance toon on Tichondrius to see how good PVP is on Alliance. Once I made my character, 10 guilds invited me, picked the guild that seems more PVPish, they gave me a ton of bags and a substantial amount of gold.

I like this server. 8)

How do I unlock the cutscene for this?! :(

Hot Coffee mod.

Tarazet

The way it works out for paladins, at least: Hit & Expertise *smooth* your damage intake, but you'll take slightly more damage; Parry & Dodge mean you take less damage overall, but it's *much* spikier. In my experience, healers far prefer smoother damage intake. In other words, swapping parry and dodge for hit and expertise does *not* make you a weaker tank. At least, if you're a paladin. Dunno if they've nailed that balance for warriors.

For Druids it's the same way. AskMrRobot still tells Druid tanks to reforge everything to Dodge, and they're wrong. That's actually the worst thing you can do, short of reforging to Parry or going over hit cap. Mastery is better for passive mitigation, and Hit/Expertise/Crit/Haste all help with Rage generation which means more uses of Frenzied Regeneration and Savage Defense.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
You playing on a NA server?

So it's a good time to come back?

I took a long break halfway through Cata, but I've played WoW off and on since day one, and I have to agree with the consensus that MoP is the best expansion yet for WoW. The game is really good right now, and more importantly it seems fun again. I'm not even 90 yet because there are so many different things to do, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm honestly surprised at how much I'm enjoying WoW again, lol.

If you ever had fun playing WoW then now is a super fantastic time to come back if you wanted to.

PatzCU

You playing on a NA server?

So it's a good time to come back?

IMO, as a WoW player since beta, this is the best WoW expansion ever. I unsubbed for the first time almost a year ago because Cata was absolute shit, and swore at that time I'd never be back. Anyway, just like you I found GW2 severely lacking any kind of substance or progression to keep me interested. Pandaria is absolutely incredible. It actually feels like a continent rather than a theme park, and the LFG/LFR systems are great for people the want to feel hardcore but don't have the time to BE hardcore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MMO-C has guides for most classes. EJ is dying a slow death. (Probably due to the fact that there's no reason to go there if they don't post class guides - it's just a bunch of incomprehensible number crunching at that point)

Yoshichan

The Rdruid EJ-community is frikkin' amazing still.

Lucis

anyone know the name of the UI, it's a horizontal bar with timer on it, spell on cd appears on it, rolls from right to left as the time goes by

Yoshichan

I downed Galleon again on MG just 2 minutes ago :D Feels good man. Just had to camp 2 hours this time around!

Lucis

I just got an interesting idea.

I was playing my lock alt, and i think soul fire now crits 100% right now. But the interesting part isn't that, the interesting part is that the damage is amplified by critical strike, so crit is still a good resource for them.

However the 100% crit lava burst for shaman when flame shock is activated does no do that =(, we should get it too

Angry Grimace

The hilarious part about Blizzard's new grinding-centric rep system is that most people I know aren't even doing it unless they're trying to be super hardcore. The biggest reason is the fact that if you're a casual raider you can just say fuck it - Valor gains are so pathetic there's no reason to even bother.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I just got an interesting idea.

I was playing my lock alt, and i think soul fire now crits 100% right now. But the interesting part isn't that, the interesting part is that the damage is amplified by critical strike, so crit is still a good resource for them.

However the 100% crit lava burst for shaman when flame shock is activated does no do that =(, we should get it too

I agree.

I don't like the model that Ele Shaman currently have of ignoring one stat completely, but the problem is that crit has little to no value. If they did something like that for Lava Burst or something, that'd be quite awesome.

Bizazedo

The hilarious part about Blizzard's new grinding-centric rep system is that most people I know aren't even doing it unless they're trying to be super hardcore. The biggest reason is the fact that if you're a casual raider you can just say fuck it - Valor gains are so pathetic there's no reason to even bother.

Yeah. Did they just screw up the Valor cap or was there another reason for it to be too low? Beyond an artificial cap on advancement, I mean?

I remember hearing about how they wanted Valor to mod your gear?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yep
that's it
tyvm sir

It might be SexyCooldown as well; http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/sexycooldown

ForteXorcist has... a lot of options.

Yeah. Did they just screw up the Valor cap or was there another reason for it to be too low? Beyond an artificial cap on advancement, I mean?

That will be in either 5.1 or 5.2. I am going to wager 5.2 when a new tier of gear is released.

Basically that would nullify what they did before with having VP gear become JP gear the next tier. Instead, you'd use the VP to convert to a higher ilvl.

Ultratech

Made my way to the BMAH today...nothing was listed. "Check back later"

I hate when that appears. Still haven't really seen anything worth spending money on yet.

Not sure, really.

Last I heard, they still wanted to do the idea with spending Valor to up the ilvl of gear. No idea if it's actually coming with 5.1 or in a later patch. (IIRC, the UI stuff for it is already in the game.)

Sophia

Last I heard, they still wanted to do the idea with spending Valor to up the ilvl of gear. No idea if it's actually coming with 5.1 or in a later patch. (IIRC, the UI stuff for it is already in the game.)

Pretty sure the original plan was for it to come with 5.1

Angry Grimace

Pretty sure the original plan was for it to come with 5.1

No, the original plan was for it to ship with the game, but upgrading your existing gear is extremely boring and not compelling at all, so they took it out for whatever reason.

Bizazedo

No, the original plan was for it to ship with the game, but upgrading your existing gear is extremely boring and not compelling at all, so they took it out for whatever reason.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who felt that way. Modifying existing gear is great and all, but new shinies gives more of a rush.

Entropia

No One Remembers

It doesn't make sense when the VP gear is current-raid level or so. It makes sense, after the next tier of gear is released, you'd be able to use the VP to make it on par with what is now the current tier of gear.

Angry Grimace

It doesn't make sense when the VP gear is current-raid level or so. It makes sense, after the next tier of gear is released, you'd be able to use the VP to make it on par with what is now the current tier of gear.

It's boring in any case regardless. Upgrading your gear like 2 ilvls is not compelling gameplay. It's just enchanting with points.

Besides, VP gear isn't top-raid level in the first place, its 489 and Heart of Fear releases in like one week and all of the gear in Terrace and Heart of Fear is 496.

Fularu

Banned
Why do I always end up with two idiots saying "first time here" in scenarios and pulling less than 10k dps each? Only for neither of them to get the achievement at the end?

fml

TheYanger

If you're a casual raider, rep pieces can be bis for you, if you're a non-raider, rep pieces ARE bis for you. It's not that the rewards aren't good.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yanger: You need to log on wow and accept my battletag/friend invite :( We're close to getting Gold on GotSS, just gotta fine tune like 1-2 pulls and that last boss... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom