• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I really wish they would add a Green Drake to complete the Aspects.

IyemAA1.jpg

ZenaxPure

I really wish they would add a Green Drake to complete the Aspects.

I won't lie, I just wish they would make new drake models (or skins at the least) and then put out mounts that way. The current drake models all look.... pretty bad to say the least. Especially when compared to something like the Alexstrasza looking mount from Dragon Soul. Would be cool to see a new model/skin of each of the colors just not fancied up like the DS one.

strafer

I won't lie, I just wish they would make new drake models (or skins at the least) and then put out mounts that way. The current drake models all look.... pretty bad to say the least. Especially when compared to something like the Alexstrasza looking mount from Dragon Soul. Would be cool to see a new model/skin of each of the colors just not fancied up like the DS one.

Or the Deathwing look.

I love the texture work on that.

Just need to kill Nalak and I can get my sweet meta. :3

You don't need to kill him, I brought 3 people and that was enough to keep him distracted long enough to complete the charging. We died a lot though so you might want to bring more since his constant lightning bolt spam is harsh with only 3 targets to choose from.

cdyhybrid

So ready for this patch.

Finally put together a set of (mostly) heroic gear for my Mistweaver spec last night. Will get to dive in when I'm done with work. I'm already at a high enough iLvl to do LFR MSV, but I'll do some heroics first to get my feet wet. Reading guides and stuff it seems pretty straightforward.

Im getting "Justice" coins things, what are it for? i got like 900

So now you are into the mounts talk, is there a flying turtle mount? the magic carpet is really annoying to use.

cdyhybrid

Im getting "Justice" coins things, what are it for? i got like 900

So now you are into the mounts talk, is there a flying turtle mount? the magic carpet is really annoying to use.

You can trade Justice points for gear or convert them into Honor points. Haven't seen a flying turtle mount, just regular mounts that don't fly.

It's weird to be talking about 5.4 when the next expansion isn't anywhere close to being announced. We're definitely going to see a 5.5 before the next xpac at the rate things are going.

Ultratech

It's weird to be talking about 5.4 when the next expansion isn't anywhere close to being announced. We're definitely going to see a 5.5 before the next xpac at the rate things are going.

Either 5.4 won't be the end of it, or there's more stuff coming.

That's about all I can guess.

Besides, it's been nearly 8 months since Mists launched now.

CassSept

I really hope they can delay Siege of Orgrimmar a month or two. Let Throne of Thunder breathe a little, even if it means some boring farming. In WotLK they rushed three content patches 4 months one after another and then boom, nothing for a year. It worked in TBC because you had to progress pretty much through every raid one after another, while in WotLK every next one made previous tier almost obsolete. 3.2 (ToC) less than 4 months after 3.1 (Uldu) was borderline criminal.

I actually think 5.2 should had been released two-three weeks later than it was. There is really a lot to do in MoP and opening ToT, again, less than 4 months after Terrace of Endless Springs was made available might lead to spacing issues in the near future.

Tarazet

I did a 180 flip on my thinking after trying out my bear in a high-Mastery, high-Stamina spec today. My DPS was maybe 10-15% lower than before, but still adequate to pull threat off a Paladin when I have no Vengeance. Rage gen was slower, but still adequate to keep SD up and throw in some T&C's. It's worth it to have such a smooth damage intake. It takes all the stress out of the encounters. I can call out directions to the other raid members to ensure we don't wipe, and don't have to top myself off every 3 seconds with my massive stack of Rage.

And tomorrow, Mastery gets buffed 33% and I will get my legendary meta. Going to buck the trend and go for the tanking one, and see how much the healers love me for it next time we're fighting that damn eyeball.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
At this rate we could be finished the seige of org before MOP is even a year old. I wonder where they will take things from there.
Blizzcon.

New Expansion.

Burning Legion.

Believe.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Got my meta gem tonight, and the Shado-Pan Assault trinket. I swapped over from Destruction to Affliction, and reforged/gemmed for haste.

Though I've grown really fond of the instant and fast AOE of Destruction. I'm not too thrilled in the DPS boosts, its very RNG right now, where I felt I had a better "average" dps in Destruction. Maybe I went too early, another RPPM trinket might help. Any locks out there able to comment?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Urzoth/advanced

Kenai

Can't watch the Tube at work, but summarize please?!

It's the audio from the Wrathion questlines. If your not familiar with it, it's very obvious he's talking about
a Legion invasion, he conjures up a mini-Azeroth with what is very clearly felfire burning up the globe, saying all the while stuff like "If we don't stand together against it there's just no way, a way is coming the likes of which has never been seen", ect ect..."

It's also why I've been biding my time, not being too upset about the severe lack of Draenei related anything the last 2 expacs. Heck, we might even see
Argus, the original Draenei homeworld and the stronghold of the entire Legion
, that'd be something.

ZenaxPure

Can't watch the Tube at work, but summarize please?!

Chi-Ji: My my, the child of the Worldbreaker, proof that none are beyond redemption. I am honored by your visit. Tell me, son of the Earth-Warder, what is the nature of hope?

Wrathion: Hope is…it is, a belief in a better tomorrow.

Chi-Ji: You speak, but doubt your own words. You underestimate me.

Wrathion: Great Crane, you have not seen what I have seen. The fires that burn the skies will return. It is inevitable--the Burning Legion will find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruins. Who are we? One divided world to stand against a legion. You speak of hope--believe me, the thinnest sliver of hope that we might somehow survive the devastation is all that sustains me

Part of the 5.3 legendary quest chain.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Acidote

Hm, our ranged DPSs are having a rough time with the Direhorn Spirits from Horridon HC. We'll see how we fare with the de facto nerf that comes tomorrow (EU) with the patch (I'm talking about the VP upgrades).

Chi-Ji: My my, the child of the Worldbreaker, proof that none are beyond redemption. I am honored by your visit. Tell me, son of the Earth-Warder, what is the nature of hope?

Wrathion: Hope is…it is, a belief in a better tomorrow.

Chi-Ji: You speak, but doubt your own words. You underestimate me.

Wrathion: Great Crane, you have not seen what I have seen. The fires that burn the skies will return. It is inevitable--the Burning Legion will find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruins. Who are we? One divided world to stand against a legion. You speak of hope--believe me, the thinnest sliver of hope that we might somehow survive the devastation is all that sustains me

Part of the 5.3 legendary quest chain.

Can't wait for the next Burning Legion expansion and the inevitable turn of famous Alliance heroes into neutral NPCs.

cdyhybrid

Hm, our ranged DPSs are having a rough time with the Direhorn Spirits from Horridon HC. We'll see how we fare with the de facto nerf that comes tomorrow (EU) with the patch (I'm talking about the VP upgrades).

Can't wait for the next Burning Legion expansion and the inevitable turn of famous Alliance heroes into neutral NPCs.

Blood Elves and Orcs still have beef with the Legion, might not be all Alliance heroes :| Especially if they haven't forgotten about Saurfang.

Well, I healed my first LFR and heroic as Mistweaver. Did the first part of MSV first because it was a shorter queue than a Heroic. Didn't really light it up because I'm in mostly blues and I didn't really know what I was doing, but I did alright. We cleared it pretty easily. Did Scarlet Halls Heroic after that, was pretty simple even though our DPS sucked. Only death was a guy that kept getting caught in Blades of Light, but the only reason I couldn't save him is because I was still getting used to moving while keeping an eye on my frames and got stuck on something. I think I'll be alright.

Certainly less stressful than tanking.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

ZenaxPure

The prepatch already went out a couple weeks ago, and most of the big assets end up in that.

5.3 doesn't have terribly many new assets though, mainly voice acting.

Yeah, I think it was like 300 mb or something? It's a small patch for a reason!

Wish the servers would get back up, I need my welfare epic boots from the new quest chain to finish my tier set transmog since my matching boots are stupid trash drops (meaning in LFR random loot in treasure bags and chests at the end of the treasure run). Totally going to be the first thing I do because I am tired of boots not matching lol.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Having just returned to the game after being away since Cata launch, has blizzard gotten any better at actually having the servers back up at 11, or should I expect to wait till 3-4 this afternoon as was usual back in tbc/wrath?

Anyone remember the sunwell patch? What was it, a day and a half before all the servers were back up and working correctly? Good times :p

strafer

Having just returned to the game after being away since Cata launch, has blizzard gotten any better at actually having the servers back up at 11, or should I expect to wait till 3-4 this afternoon as was usual back in tbc/wrath?

Anyone remember the sunwell patch? What was it, a day and a half before all the servers were back up and working correctly? Good times :p

There was nothing good about that.

Fularu

Banned
Which alliance hero was turned into an NPC while beeing higher (lorewise) than Thrall?

How many Alliance heroes turned bad did we have so far? (Arthas and? Compared to Kael'Thas, Saurfang and soon to be ex warchief Garrosh?)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Which alliance hero was turned into an NPC while beeing higher (lorewise) than Thrall?

How many Alliance heroes turned bad did we have so far? (Arthas and? Compared to Kael'Thas, Saurfang and soon to be ex warchief Garrosh?)

Khadgar in Shattrath.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Just got back into the game after a year long break (have played since vanilla, but I've taken a long break during every expansion).

Have 3 85s (Mage, Warlock, Priest), and I'm looking to just focus on one at the moment. Leaning towards Warlock. Looking to do a little of everything (PVE, PVP, solo old content). Any feedback from fellow locks?

ZenaxPure

Just got back into the game after a year long break (have played since vanilla, but I've taken a long break during every expansion).

Have 3 85s (Mage, Warlock, Priest), and I'm looking to just focus on one at the moment. Leaning towards Warlock. Looking to do a little of everything (PVE, PVP, solo old content). Any feedback from fellow locks?

Warlocks have had some pretty major overhauls, affliction probably feels the least changed. Destruction has your incinerates and some other abilities generating burning embers (sort of like combo points but you need to cast multiple to fill 1 bar and crits generate more) which can be spent on chaos bolt (with 100% crit chance and additional crit chance increasing it's damage) or to heal yourself. Very bursty spec but it has really good survivability for soloing stuff. Demo is like the ultimate dump spec now. Your attacks fill up a large pool of demonic energy which allows you to turn into demon form and your attacks transform/do more damage.

I'm not like a warlock expert or anything, but, as someone who didn't enjoy them very much in Cata I think they are one of the more fun classes to play now. I've also seen good ones solo one of the rare spawns from this last patch that are meant for groups and usually only soloable by tanks.

Oh also Warlocks got a big epic class quest chain in this patch that rewards green fire at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom