• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

knicks

So I have been PVP'in this entire season. Have made just over 25,000 CP thus far and have had healthy ratings in my RBG's and arena's (1600-1800 bracket).

Today I will be officially done completing my entire tyrannical set.

Now after that long drag of finally completing my set some unworthy unsophisticated deuche bag player who never did shit in PVP will have a 10k cap and will be able to manage to get nearly 5 pieces of tyrannical? This is a complete fucking joke what this game has come to.

A guildie of mine has had the legs, bracers and neck drop from nalak over the past months. Aside from that the only thing he has bought with conquest points is the helmet and chest. Today he is going to have 10k cap for his conquest points. So he will literally be in just about full tyrannical after tomorrow as it is incredibly easy to obtain conquest points.

We will both have full sets. Mine took around 3 months. He managed to do his by killing a fucking world boss effortlessly and getting a free 10k cap.

Oh, and I love how my cap today will stand at around 2500. Thanks Blizzard. This makes sense you assholes!!!

Nugg

Guys, I have one question, I hope someone can clear it up for me.

Let's say I have two accounts. On one of them, I have a pretty rare mount that I would like on my other account too. If I transfer a character from that account to the second one, all of his mounts should be transfered with, right? So that way, I get the rare mount on every character of the second account? Does that work?

ZenaxPure

Jesus, heroic scenarios really pin-point a problem with typical scenario groups, people are too stupid to do scenario mechanics properly. I just got out of my first and the 2 guys with me were not great are doing more than push their buttons, and, even then each of them was doing about 80k dps a piece which I am just going to go ahead and say is LOW, at least for the one we got (Dark Heart of Pandaria).

The final boss guy had 33 million HP and it took us a while to kill him when the other 2 guys were only pulling 80k. Granted he has a mechanic where you can periodically reset your cooldowns so the other scenario bosses have a bit less HP I imagine, but, still....

RPGCrazied

I really wanted to do that siege on origmmar stuff solo. I find out you have to do the scenarios first?

Why.jpg

LFR is one thing, its 25 people. Scenarios is what, 2 people?

cdyhybrid

I really wanted to do that siege on origmmar stuff solo. I find out you have to do the scenarios first?

Why.jpg

LFR is one thing, its 25 people. Scenarios is what, 2 people?

Three. It's easy, you don't have to do the heroic versions, so you can just faceroll them with any random shmucks you get grouped with.

I play alone since my guildies xferred, not really an option, don't want to look for a bunch of new friends on my server.

That's too bad. If you have a decent tank or healer you should be fine usually, in my experience.

Now that my DK is on it and I get to do it again, I can safely say the PvP quest for the legendary questline is the single dumbest thing Blizzard has ever done. YEP.

Edit: especially combined with these wonderful 20 minute queues cause of the amazing new PvP role check

Edit edit: womp
wompl8j5u.jpg

Now that my DK is on it and I get to do it again, I can safely say the PvP quest for the legendary questline is the single dumbest thing Blizzard has ever done. YEP.

Edit: especially combined with these wonderful 20 minute queues cause of the amazing new PvP role check

Edit edit: womp
wompl8j5u.jpg

Have others had bad BG queues? I queued for those two needed for the 5.1 Legendary quest and they had a 4 minute wait and a 7 minute wait and within around 10-15 seconds I was in the first and upon winning that and exiting it immediately popped the second one. That's as DPS. The mines took two attempts and I got right into the second attempt, too. And picked up the achievement for taking a cart 20yd from the end and capturing it, or whatever it said. Good stuff!

Also, the group quest that you have to do in Krasarang got heavily nerfed. I gathered a group of four dps and a healer and then someone whispered me telling me it was nerfed so we went down to try it out. Healer was phased so with just four dps we killed the boss in about 25 seconds and nobody was in any danger of dying. Pretty certain I grabbed aggro right at the start from the warlock's pet and shammy tanked it without even noticing my health drop (of course I had wolves and whatever that ability is that heals for a percent of my damage).

Also did the first of the two required scenarios for the new storyline stuff. It was decent but nothing all that interesting. The sniping action should matter more or something since I largely didn't see it doing a whole lot.

My account is set to cancel in four days so I'm hoping to at least get the epic boots, possibly run a heroic scenario, and probably power through ToT now that I need Secrets of the Empire. Blah.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there supposed to be a new daily hub with regular quests opening every few days like in 5.1? I can't believe that all there is is 2 scenario quests, 1 quest helping a panda climb a mountain in Pandaria and 2 quests in Durotar/Northern Barrens + 1 weekly right?

Tamanon

Banned
Is there supposed to be a new daily hub with regular quests opening every few days like in 5.1? I can't believe that all there is is 2 scenario quests, 1 quest helping a panda climb a mountain in Pandaria and 2 quests in Durotar/Northern Barrens + 1 weekly right?

Not really new dailies. New scenarios, heroic scenarios, battleground, and the weekly stuff in Barrens.

Bisnic

Not really new dailies. New scenarios, heroic scenarios, battleground, and the weekly stuff in Barrens.

They're not going to advance the story further than Vol'jin accepting the Alliance aid? I mean, there was a lot more shit going on in 5.1. =/

Berordn

They're not going to advance the story further than Vol'jin accepting the Alliance aid? I mean, there was a lot more shit going on in 5.1. =/

The big story stuff is mainly Wrathion related this time. Battlefield barrens has a lot going on, but the actual progression is pretty slim.

Bisnic

Wrathion... and here am i still stuck at this stupid part that require to kill a boss orc in Krasarang Wilds and the 2 BGs victories. How many people do you need for the boss? The regular group of 5? He seems to have a lot of HP...

And yes i tried Openraid, but nothing happened since i asked for help a while ago.

Wrathion... and here am i still stuck at this stupid part that require to kill a boss orc in Krasarang Wilds and the 2 BGs victories. How many people do you need for the boss? The regular group of 5? He seems to have a lot of HP...

And yes i tried Openraid, but nothing happened since i asked for help a while ago.

I just posted above that he was heavily nerfed. Was told by one person that he saw two people do it easily and I'd almost say a non-squishy could probably solo them with the right way about it. We did it with four DPS and he died in around 25 seconds and I shaman tanked him without ever dropping below like 90% health (I honestly only saw my health at 100% the entire time but I had wolves constantly healing me).

Just grab one more person and you should likely be good to go.

Bisnic

My mage can do nearly 150k DPS when i use all my cooldown and with Mirror Image taking the aggro off me, maybe that would be enough to solo him. As long as he doesn't have millions of HP anymore.

Edit : Lol nope, still hits too hard for my squishy mage and immune to slow/freeze/stun. :( Guess i will ask around for a tank/healer.

Ultratech

I just posted above that he was heavily nerfed. Was told by one person that he saw two people do it easily and I'd almost say a non-squishy could probably solo them with the right way about it. We did it with four DPS and he died in around 25 seconds and I shaman tanked him without ever dropping below like 90% health (I honestly only saw my health at 100% the entire time but I had wolves constantly healing me).

Just grab one more person and you should likely be good to go.

Was pretty easy to begin with, you just had to make sure to interrupt his one skill that called in reinforcements.

If you could interrupt that, it was a pretty basic (if boring) fight. Hell, you could do it with 3-5 people, it just took forever.

Looks like he got crazy nerfed though:
5.3 Change: His health was reduced by 90% (130.8M is now 13.1M), and his damage done was reduced at least 50%.

Was pretty easy to begin with, you just had to make sure to interrupt his one skill that called in reinforcements.

If you could interrupt that, it was a pretty basic (if boring) fight. Hell, you could do it with 3-5 people, it just took forever.

Looks like he got crazy nerfed though:

Yeah, I always did the fight with five people. I helped three or four groups do it in the past (always turned down gold/items for helping and they'd always mail them to me anyhow!) and I recall it being something like a seven minute fight so I was curious what his health originally was. It wasn't a tough fight, simply time consuming.

I'd almost say they over-nerfed him but whatever. I'm done with it and able to move on.

And surprisingly I had a lot of fun doing the battlegrounds for the quest. Never died in the first one I did with the four orbs and the mine cart one felt fairly frantic at times but was a good time. A little annoying to fight six or seven horde on one cart and check the map to see nearly my entire time on one cart. Why couldn't only two remain or whatever while the others split up to join the fight for the other carts? Oh well.

Those BGs really got me thinking about starting to collect pvp gear. I did all as my usual enhance pve gear and wonder what it'd be like with a lot of pvp power since I already felt pretty powerful against some of the people. There were a couple people in particular that were able to shut me down pretty well but most the time I was able to put up an okay fight.

Tarazet

I thought the new stuff was good, but the content is going to heavily favor people who can play on Tuesdays. The Barrens stuff is good valor, the mobs drop Lesser Charms and the commanders are easy if you've got a tank pet, a healer and more DPS is always helpful. Just like scenario bosses. Just race against the other faction to tag the commanders and you're done in an hour.

For the heroic scenarios, can you only get the heroic chest once a day, or once a week? I got a 516 chest that is only good for off-set. Some guildies got weapons.

Ultratech

I thought the new stuff was good, but the content is going to heavily favor people who can play on Tuesdays. The Barrens stuff is good valor, the mobs drop Lesser Charms and it's easy if you've got a tank pet and a healer. Just like scenario bosses. Just race against the other faction to tag the commanders and you're done in an hour.

For the heroic scenarios, can you only get the heroic chest once a day, or once a week? I got a 516 chest that is only good for off-set. Some guildies got weapons.

Yeah, I did all the Barrens quests and got my 502 boots.

Neat lore stuff there as well, I suppose.

But yeah, all those mobs drop lesser charms at a pretty good rate. Think I picked up a pretty good number while I was doing it.

Also did one or two of the commanders and got some Latent Boots. Commanders take a while, but the ones I did weren't terribly hard.
(Then again, I have a Pet tank...which then dies I and have to Revive Pet and repeat.)

No idea about the Heroic Scenarios, but there's a one-time quest for completing any Heroic Scenario that will give you a chest with a guaranteed 516 item.

Kenai

Man, I really gotta say this patch was a "feel good" patch. Some random stuff I noticed:

Super boost to failbag gold. Was getting 70-100g per in LFR today.

Several ToT trash things nerfed, like the wind on the bridge.

Lots of random extra Lesser Charms (from stuff like Silver named mobs on ToT)

An extra little bar on mobs when they are casting that displays the spell more clearly

In pet Battles. the chance for *insert move here* to hit is now clearly displayed

I didn't see a lot of this in the patch notes either. This isn't including the stuff they did mention. The Barrens stuff is pretty fun and not too time consuming either. The scenarios were good too (gogogo
Queen Reagent Moria

Tarazet

By the way, Guardian Druids can easily reach the armor cap now (when raid buffed) if they reforge into Mastery with ilvl around 515-520 and run with a Bad Juju.

An extra little bar on mobs when they are casting that displays the spell more clearly

This also shows in pvp and I was thankful for it. I'm not great at pvp but being able to see at a quick glance who was healing allowed me to target the healers and interrupt more easily. I like the change.

cdyhybrid

Got my Darkspear Revolutionary title, and got 3 pieces of epic armor for my new MW offspec today.

Also finished a Test of Valor and killed Twinbraid, now I just have to win the two BGs. Luckily, I was planning on PvPing eventually as a Mistweaver eventually anyway. Now I just have to hope for luck in LFR.

Touchdown

Banned
By the way, Guardian Druids can easily reach the armor cap now (when raid buffed) if they reforge into Mastery with ilvl around 515-520 and run with a Bad Juju.

This is true but it would still be more worth it to stack stam over mastery unfortunately. XD (If you roll that way, of course most go the crit/hit+expertise/haste route anyway.

vocab

I'm getting massive audio issues with 5.3. Sounds cutting in and out, and sometimes sounds arent even playing. I'm not talking about mods either. I'm playing through Cata for the first time. Don't know how I should progress. I know i'll out level these zones in no time.

I missed so much :( I hope I don't miss any MoP stuff.

ZenaxPure

Once per day, and the daily challenge mode dungeon gives the same treasure chest. So 14 chances per week at 516 loot if you want it. Only downside is that the helmets don't have meta sockets which is a huge oversight imo.

Edit: holy shit Lolololololol, so I got the challenge card from the Mojo turn in at the barrens and the fight is 100%
Punch-out. You get locked into a position and all the enemy does is wind-up attacks. Right Jab, Left Jab, and Slam. Hitting A/S/D moves you left/back/right briefly which lets you dodge the attacks (they do a great deal of damage and slam seems to one shot you). After either the enemy or you loses there is a slight pause and you come back for a second round (The enemy goes to a corner of the arena and does a little dance lol). First of you to win 3 rounds wins.

Just fucking bravo, fucking amazing. A good pic of the whole thing.

strafer

Players come back for expansions, and patches help a little bit, but players are always lost over time until the next expansion. Blizzard is trying to get content and expansions out quicker to make sure everyone has something to do.

When quitting the game, players mention that the game changes too fast and they couldn't keep up.

The devs read fansites and the official forums to get feedback and see what players are thinking, but the players that actually post or even read those sites are the minority.

Changes too fast? Really?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Once per day, and the daily challenge mode dungeon gives the same treasure chest. So 14 chances per week at 516 loot if you want it. Only downside is that the helmets don't have meta sockets which is a huge oversight imo.

Edit: holy shit Lolololololol, so I got the challenge card from the Mojo turn in at the barrens and the fight is 100%
Punch-out. You get locked into a position and all the enemy does is wind-up attacks. Right Jab, Left Jab, and Slam. Hitting A/S/D moves you left/back/right briefly which lets you dodge the attacks (they do a great deal of damage and slam seems to one shot you). After either the enemy or you loses there is a slight pause and you come back for a second round (The enemy goes to a corner of the arena and does a little dance lol). First of you to win 3 rounds wins.

Just fucking bravo, fucking amazing. A good pic of the whole thing.

Why do you have your buff bars twice and in different order?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit's easy when you've got Deep Blue and Fritz 13 down to a science.

ZenaxPure

Why do you have your buff bars twice and in different order?

Laziness. The top ones are every single buff, the bottom ones are only buffs I can apply to myself. Someday when I am not lazy I will get around to fixing both of those so that my short term buffs don't appear in my long term personal buff group, and, my personal buffs don't appear in my general buff group.

Kind of an older pic but this shows it off so it makes more sense (also bonus chat log because lol quizbot still exists).

Basically the function is to be able to check my self buffs at a glance (since when soloing I can have upwards of 6 self buffs) but if I want to see my full buffs I can go through the top group. I never got around to filtering everything out of the top group because the only purpose that would serve is to be aesthetically pleasing which isn't really a top priority for me.

Maybe I'll go fix it right now though!

Enosh

those heroic scenarios are really fun, I guess they will become really repetitive in like 2 weeks like everything else :p
"free" 502 boots were nice for my shaman

but they give epics waay to often for me to not consider them a catch up mechanic
well guess the way they are designed you have to be in around 490 to 500-ish ilvl to do them (or be carried by people in 520 ilvl ^^) so can't really ding 90 and go do heroic scenarios to gear up

ZenaxPure

well guess the way they are designed you have to be in around 490 to 500-ish ilvl to do them (or be carried by people in 520 ilvl ^^) so can't really ding 90 and go do heroic scenarios to gear up

I think you need like a 480 ilvl to even be able to que for them.

Tarazet

This is true but it would still be more worth it to stack stam over mastery unfortunately. XD (If you roll that way, of course most go the crit/hit+expertise/haste route anyway.

I ran the Rage build for a long time. I know the top bears all use it, blah blah blah and run Heroic Ra-Den, but it does next to nothing to smooth out your damage intake. This was made abundantly clear to me when I took the Stamina off my gear and saw the way it was actually working. It's all ridiculously spiky and RNG, which is great if you're up against a bunch of squishy adds. In that situation, you can dodge 70% of their billion tiny little shit attacks and crit the almighty fuck out of all of them. Against a boss that hits for 350k a swing, you're dead if you sneeze.

ZenaxPure

Man you guys weren't kidding. Those new scenarios are piss easy. To bad they only give you 463 blues.

All scenarios new or old are basically designed around people in like ilvl 450 gear. Heroic scenarios are where you go for any sort of challenge/gear requirements.

Worth noting though you can actually get 476 epics from the chests as well as the blue items, but, meh not really relevant anymore.

Bisnic

Man you guys weren't kidding. Those new scenarios are piss easy. To bad they only give you 463 blues.

Think about this for a second. If those piss easy scenarios would give 489/496/502 epics, it would be ridiculous. I already think those "free" 502 boots were a bit too much. I've been trying to get 502 LFR boots for weeks on my paladin and mage, and now they're giving them for free by helping an old panda cross a mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom