• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

I was raiding yesterday and I think I noticed something, but I'm not 100% sure.

Did proc Blood Boils grant runic before 5.3? I seem to remember they did, but then I did them yesterday during the raid and they didn't.

Just a little curiosity.

Also our raiding group is getting much better at handling the first 4 bosses in ToT - we downed them all last night and wiped once on Jin'Rokh (for some reason, which was pretty funny). 1-shotting Horridon/Council/Tortos felt really good.

Bizazedo

Man, they made Valor easy to cap now, didn't they.

The heroic scenarios, the new weekly that gives a ton of Valor, and they tweaked other things too.

Know those two named dudes in ToT before Iron Qon? They also give 10 Valor when you kill them, bizarrely.

I think Tarazet is on to something, though. All of the new stuff is great, people are enjoying it....but damn, if you don't play on Tuesday every week....

I'd imagine that's going to be an issue eventually (it already is on low pop servers) if things don't change.

cdyhybrid

Think about this for a second. If those piss easy scenarios would give 489/496/502 epics, it would be ridiculous. I already think those "free" 502 boots were a bit too much. I've been trying to get 502 LFR boots for weeks on my paladin and mage, and now they're giving them for free by helping an old panda cross a mountain.

They were giving out free 476 boots for throwing a rock at Sha back in the day, I don't think it's that big of a deal. ToT has been out a while now.

The heroic scenarios, the new weekly that gives a ton of Valor, and they tweaked other things too.

Know those two named dudes in ToT before Iron Qon? They also give 10 Valor when you kill them, bizarrely.

I think Tarazet is on to something, though. All of the new stuff is great, people are enjoying it....but damn, if you don't play on Tuesday every week....

I'd imagine that's going to be an issue eventually (it already is on low pop servers) if things don't change.

I don't think it'll be empty after Tuesday. You'll probably still have people farming for extra armor pieces, at least for the first few weeks.

Between last week and the changes this week, and a couple pieces of gear, I feel like I was buffed really nicely. The gear thing, naturally, should give me a dps boost, but I think the buffs to enhance are super nice. For example, on bosses I was typically bursting to around 200k dps and then by the end it usually would drop to right around 90k dps (+/- 10k depending on the encounter, usually). Yesterday I did one wing and not only was I doing much higher dps on all the trash (which is usually where I see much lower numbers) but I burst for closer to 250k dps and was keeping sustained dps to around 110-130k depending on the fight.

Got my second ToT weapon to drop but it means losing my sha-touched with its +500 agility gem. Working it out with the gem slot and bonus on the ToT weapon I'll only lose around 270 agility overall and get a boost for the other stuff, most importantly weapon damage, which is used in calculating damage for my abilities like Stormstrike and Lava Lash. Only problem is I'm low enough on gold I can't afford another Eye of the Black Prince, two gems, and to re-enchant. Seems maybe I shouldn't have Dancing Steel on both weapons since it doesn't stack but I need to do a bit more reading to see if it comes out better having two chances to proc vs. just doing a different enchant on the OH weapon.

There was some other change I was going to comment on and I've now forgotten it. Oh well.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Speaking of the weekly quest in the Barrens, how long does that take? Getting 150 of everything seems like its going to take me hours, yet I saw people getting the Hordebreaker title yesterday!

cdyhybrid

Speaking of the weekly quest in the Barrens, how long does that take? Getting 150 of everything seems like its going to take me hours, yet I saw people getting the Hordebreaker title yesterday!

If you kill the Commanders that spawn you can finish it pretty quickly. They drop a ton of materials.

Tarazet

Between last week and the changes this week, and a couple pieces of gear, I feel like I was buffed really nicely. The gear thing, naturally, should give me a dps boost, but I think the buffs to enhance are super nice. For example, on bosses I was typically bursting to around 200k dps and then by the end it usually would drop to right around 90k dps (+/- 10k depending on the encounter, usually). Yesterday I did one wing and not only was I doing much higher dps on all the trash (which is usually where I see much lower numbers) but I burst for closer to 250k dps and was keeping sustained dps to around 110-130k depending on the fight.

Got my second ToT weapon to drop but it means losing my sha-touched with its +500 agility gem. Working it out with the gem slot and bonus on the ToT weapon I'll only lose around 270 agility overall and get a boost for the other stuff, most importantly weapon damage, which is used in calculating damage for my abilities like Stormstrike and Lava Lash. Only problem is I'm low enough on gold I can't afford another Eye of the Black Prince, two gems, and to re-enchant. Seems maybe I shouldn't have Dancing Steel on both weapons since it doesn't stack but I need to do a bit more reading to see if it comes out better having two chances to proc vs. just doing a different enchant on the OH weapon.

There was some other change I was going to comment on and I've now forgotten it. Oh well.

The top dual-wielders I see are using two Dancing Steels, but it costs a fortune. I don't even dual wield and I think it's too much.

cdyhybrid

I have double Dancing Steel on my weapons. I have to use it, because Windsong screws up my stats with my Rune of Re-Origination procs, but luckily I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that double Dancing Steel is better than any alternative. Of course, I'm an enchanter, so I just run every LFR every week for a bunch of Sha Crystals. Dancing Steel is really the only way for me to make decent money :p

Although that revenue stream is paused now that I can queue as Windwalker and get loot for Mistweaver.

B00TE

Resubbed last night, still as overwhelmed by the stuff I can do at 90. Ran around the barrens doing all those new quests, had an absolute blast. Felt like some of the stuff in GW2. Jumped right into the fights against those Kor'Kron Commanders. Looking at trying LFR sometime but I haven't seriously raided since the beginning of WotLK, and I'm already feeling super overwhelmed by the Mists dungeons, though I've not really done many of them. Woefully undergeared for that, probably.

Feeling the urge to level another hunter (so I can have one on Horde), but not to sure I'd be able to slog all the way through 90. I know I could do it relatively fast, but I think it'd get boring fast. May try to get myself some of that XP bonus gear or whatever.

Tarazet

Resubbed last night, still as overwhelmed by the stuff I can do at 90. Ran around the barrens doing all those new quests, had an absolute blast. Felt like some of the stuff in GW2. Jumped right into the fights against those Kor'Kron Commanders. Looking at trying LFR sometime but I haven't seriously raided since the beginning of WotLK, and I'm already feeling super overwhelmed by the Mists dungeons, though I've not really done many of them. Woefully undergeared for that, probably.

Feeling the urge to level another hunter (so I can have one on Horde), but not to sure I'd be able to slog all the way through 90. I know I could do it relatively fast, but I think it'd get boring fast. May try to get myself some of that XP bonus gear or whatever.

All you need is one geared player and the MoP heroics are a complete joke. I did Scholomance the other day and there was a ridiculously geared Shaman that just lit the whole place up. I couldn't keep aggro on anything, but he was pulling 200k most pulls, so the whole place just melted. Healer was dead half the encounter because all the mobs were running amok from the shaman's crazy aggro.

Bisnic

All you need is one geared player and the MoP heroics are a complete joke. I did Scholomance the other day and there was a ridiculously geared Shaman that just lit the whole place up. I couldn't keep aggro on anything, but he was pulling 200k most pulls, so the whole place just melted. Healer was dead half the encounter because all the mobs were running amok from the shaman's crazy aggro.

I know that feel bro. With my own frost mage, that is. :p DPS be crazy in heroics once you hit above 500 item lvl average. And i'm "just" at 506, with LFR ToT and VP gear only. It gets a bit ridiculous during AOE if I throw a Frozen Orb, a Frost Bomb every 5-6 secs and spam glyphed Ice Lances at every Finger of Frost, which happen very very often against a group when Frozen Orb is up.

Poor tanks can barely hold aggro even if I let them attack first when my DPS reach 200-300k in AOE situations.

ZenaxPure

The weekly quest anyway wouldn't be to much of an issue in the long run if the commanders were more solo friendly like typical rare spawns. They already have the proper move sets (all dodge-able abilities) but for whatever reason they also hit fucking hard. I tried soloing one but his average hit on me was for 40k, was lame.

If you kill the Commanders that spawn you can finish it pretty quickly. They drop a ton of materials.

This is true though, if your faction is on the ball with getting commander spawns you can finish the entire weekly in under half an hour. The craziest part is since you use the supplies to buy stuff from the vendor outside of the quest there is no cap on how many of the supplies you can carry. While I was trying to finish up the lumber part this week meat-related stuff kept spawning (turned over wagons and commanders that gave bonus meat) so when I finished lumber I was also at 300 total meat...

I thought Dancing Steels stack?

It does.

tYskah2.jpg

Berordn

I just enchanted my weapon for the first time ever (Jade Spirit) and was pleased to find out that the effect doesn't show if it's been transmogged.

It depends on the weapon, many have minor effects that override the enchant effect. Jade Spirit is a fairly minor enchant effect on its own though, so it's not that bad.

I actually wouldn't mind optional player auras. I know it was recently a Wowhead April Fool's joke, but I think it is a fun idea that would go hand-in-hand with transmog. Blizz could even add a "display player auras" setting to disable if it bothers people. The reason people hate visual weapon enchants is because there's no way to customize or disable them.

Halo Reach has auras, and they don't do any harm.

cdyhybrid

The weekly quest anyway wouldn't be to much of an issue in the long run if the commanders were more solo friendly like typical rare spawns. They already have the proper move sets (all dodge-able abilities) but for whatever reason they also hit fucking hard. I tried soloing one but his average hit on me was for 40k, was lame.

This is true though, if your faction is on the ball with getting commander spawns you can finish the entire weekly in under half an hour. The craziest part is since you use the supplies to buy stuff from the vendor outside of the quest there is no cap on how many of the supplies you can carry. While I was trying to finish up the lumber part this week meat-related stuff kept spawning (turned over wagons and commanders that gave bonus meat) so when I finished lumber I was also at 300 total meat...

It does.

tYskah2.jpg

But is it just stackable for duration purposes or do you get double the stats too?

ZenaxPure

But is it just stackable for duration purposes or do you get double the stats too?

Double the stats. When the rppm system first came out it wasn't possible to get double stacks but Blizzard has fixed it since then.

If it was just for duration purposes it would overwrite the effect. RPPM trinkets just refresh the duration when they proc while the current one is active, not create a second buff.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did my first ToT wing since flagging for the 5.2 part of the legendary quest. 3 bosses, 3 dice rolls, 0 loot or secrets of the empire.

OH GOOD.

RPGCrazied

Where do you get the radical mojo's? I think that is what it is called. I got a helm, leg, and belt purple, but it requires a mojo.

I thought Dancing Steels stack?

There's a possibility that I was hatching my haste while attacking a dummy and wasn't noticing the value change when I'd get a second proc up or see it drop when one of the two procs would drop off.

This could be an issue since Dancing Steel buffs agility, not haste.

Of course this would be if I was dumb enough to watch the wrong stat while checking this out.

But yeah, I currently have dancing steel on both weapons and it's too expensive for me to redo on my new ToT weapon. Probably just hold onto it until I can afford all the gems, socket, and enchant needed for it.

Is that the one that requires 150 of lumber, oil, meat... yada yada yada?

You can only do it once a week?
Yeah, it's weekly.

ZenaxPure

Is that the one that requires 150 of lumber, oil, meat... yada yada yada?

Yes. Just go at peak hours and chase down the caravans/commanders when they spawn while killing normal guys in-between and you will be done with the whole thing in like half an hour to an hour. It's pretty fast.

And yes, it's a weekly quest which is why it's technically supposed to be super time consuming, but in practice as long as your faction is dominating the commander spawns it's fast.

cdyhybrid

I've gotta say, moving to Horde-dominated Stormreaver was a nice change from Whisperwind. Painfully obvious when I do quests like the new weekly.

Robin64

Faction imbalance really shows on my server for this event as every commander is Alliance tagged. Wish it wasn't faction tagged, just for this event. :\

RPGCrazied

Just read a blue response and they have a hotfix coming to make those commanders for everyone. Doesn't matter who tags it, alliance or horde.

Bisnic

Just read a blue response and they have a hotfix coming to make those commanders for everyone. Doesn't matter who tags it, alliance or horde.

Nice, if the Alliance and the Horde are fighting together to bring down Garrosh, we might as well team up to kill his commanders too.

Tarazet

I just did my first ToT wing since flagging for the 5.2 part of the legendary quest. 3 bosses, 3 dice rolls, 0 loot or secrets of the empire.

OH GOOD.

I think it took me 5 weeks total, finally got the legendary meta this week and now 0/12 Titan Runestones..

This is my third week of runestone collecting.

7/12. I haven't done Pinnacle of Storms yet.

It'd be sweet to get two more and be done with it next week before I get to Lei Shen. I wants that cloak. :x

Robin64

This is the best change, though it makes me sad that faction imbalance didn't even cross their mind when designing this.

ZenaxPure

I assume the overturned caravans are a horde-only thing since I've never been able to loot the crates.

They aren't. I'm alliance and I've looted plenty of them, but, the things go REALLY fucking fast. If you're like half a zone away when the message comes up there is no hope in making it there in time to loot because they will all be gone by the time you get there.

Kuntz

Time to go back to Sigil of Wisdom not-obtaining.

Those elusive sons of motherless ogres...

I'll never see the end of the chain quest.
Don't even want to know what's coming next and could possibly be even worse.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think it took me 5 weeks total, finally got the legendary meta this week and now 0/12 Titan Runestones..

Yeah I know I should expect it to take 4-5 weeks, averaging maybe 1 secret per wing, but still, getting no loot and no secrets on my jump back into ToT after a couple week hiatus of working on my my monk alt took a lot of the wind out of my sales. It made the reality sink in that I have a whole lot more repetition ahead of me if I want to actually end up with an orange weapon at the end of all this.

They aren't. I'm alliance and I've looted plenty of them, but, the things go REALLY fucking fast. If you're like half a zone away when the message comes up there is no hope in making it there in time to loot because they will all be gone by the time you get there.

Then there's a bug because I got to watch 6-7 other players pick the crates clean while I didn't even see my cursor change when I moused over them.

Time to go back to Sigil of Wisdom not-obtaining.

Those elusive sons of motherless ogres...

I'll never see the end of the chain quest.
Don't even want to know what's coming next and could possibly be even worse.

Yeah it's one of the dumbest things in the game right now. I've probably acquired over 6k Valor just during the time I've had that stupid Sigil quest in my log. Still nowhere near completing it either. And then I have to look forward to a new quest passively sitting in my log while I get 3k more Valor. Fun...?

Kuntz

2 bosses, 2 sigils ... of fucking POWER !

The game is trolling me so hard, I hate you game !

2 more bosses, you have 2 more bosses before unsuscribing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom