• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are you running LFR? Try and find PUGs in trade for the raid that drops the sigil you need.

That doesn't work as far as I know. You only get one chance at sigils per week regardless of difficulty setting unless MSV, etc. work different than ToT does.

Berordn

That doesn't work as far as I know. You only get one chance at sigils per week regardless of difficulty setting unless MSV, etc. work different than ToT does.

T14 LFR does give you a second shot at sigils, unlike ToT. We used that when I was gearing up my paladin quickly to get her caught up on it.

Some of my guildies have also reported getting a second shot on T15 LFR with the secrets, but I can't confirm that myself.

ZenaxPure

Some of my guildies have also reported getting a second shot on T15 LFR with the secrets, but I can't confirm that myself.

I know there is a blue post that says you aren't supposed to be able to double dip on secrets, but, I don't think anyone would be surprised if it happened.

ZenaxPure

I got 6 secrets this week putting me at 18 =O

All this really means is I'm only getting 1 next week =/

Well, I don't know what order you typically do your LFR runs in, but, you should do the first 2 wings first next week just in case since the runestones only come from the last 2 wings.

Well, I don't know what order you typically do your LFR runs in, but, you should do the first 2 wings first next week just in case since the runestones only come from the last 2 wings.

Yeah that's my plan. Stayed away from LFR the week I was due to finish the valor quest too (until I got to the secrets quest of course), heh.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm gonna do another ToT wing tonight and probably get 0 secrets again and be bummerman

gl0w

I have been trying for about 2 days completing the Leeroy achievement on Blackrock Spire. I'm level 90, I tried it solo, with another guy, and the other guy got the achievement and I did not. I don't understand why I'm doing wrong, if that's the case... I'm getting pissed of with it.

Ultratech

This game...

So I do a Heroic Scenario with my Guildies (who apparently suck at them -_-).

Got the chest at the end and got me some 516 boots. I also had the quest that gives you the guaranteed 516 item.

So I open up that chest and get...the exact same boots I just got a minute ago. ;_;

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i killed the LFR Twin Consorts... they dropped the T15 helm, i used my Mogu coin... i get the staff.

73S60KR.gif

Slayerx

Finally got the legendary meta yesterday :D

Really enjoyed the scenario you had to do for it. Dare I say there needs to be a lot more content like this for players, I even died a couple of times (I'm bad).

Tarazet

So i killed the LFR Twin Consorts... they dropped the T15 helm, i used my Mogu coin... i get the staff.

73S60KR.gif

The first time I killed Lei Shen LFR, he dropped the Darkwood Spiritstaff for me. This is the shared-loot Agi staff for Druids and Monks and better itemized than the one that Horridon drops. The very next boss I killed, I used a bonus roll and got another one.

Slayerx

On the subject of Barrens. Damn its so quick to do if you just follow the zerg to kill commanders, very easy way to get 200 valor every week.

I would be all over this if the rewards were better, all my gear is higher ilvl than what I can get from this. Hope they continue with this type of thing in the future.

Bisnic

On the subject of Barrens. Damn its so quick to do if you just follow the zerg to kill commanders, very easy way to get 200 valor every week.

I would be all over this if the rewards were better, all my gear is higher ilvl than what I can get from this. Hope they continue with this type of thing in the future.

It's a nice change from the typical dailies, but i'm kinda sad how little story there is compared to 5.1. That Emperor's ghost talks about the Sha of Pride, but where is it? Is it gonna be a 5.4 boss in Orgrimmar? A world boss? A single boss raid in 5.5 to keep us a little busy before the next expansion?

Kenai

It's a nice change from the typical dailies, but i'm kinda sad how little story there is compared to 5.1. That Emperor's ghost talks about the Sha of Pride, but where is it? Is it gonna be a 5.4 boss in Orgrimmar? A world boss? A single boss raid in 5.5 to keep us a little busy before the next expansion?

I'm almost positive it's going to tie into Garrosh somehow, considering he's been abusing/trying to abuse Sha power but hasn't really been involved with any of the other major ones, which are all accounted for at this point. It's also quite fitting considering Garrosh and his current army are the epitome of hubris, making enemies of just about everyone at the same time and thinking they're gonna be fine. I mean, I'm trying really hard to think of what major faction leader won't be there in some way.

Things do seem to be moving really quickly, and Blizzcon is still a while away regarding what will undoubtedly be the announcement/timetable of the next expac, so I'm not really sure what they are going to do in the meantime. I'm sure they have something planned though, the deadzone following Dragon Soul wasn't that long ago.

And as much as I am probably going to enjoy all that, what happens to Org and who leads the Horde afterwards is going to be what I am most interested in. Chen is there already too, so I'm kinda hoping for Blizzard to put in something nostalgic, reminiscent of the Rexxar WC3 mission.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, it's pretty much all my worries come true. No real reason to continue to do it each week unless you don't do any sort of other endgame content and want the gear. They really should have just thrown a mount on there for like 5 mojo or something, cause as interesting as this concept is, not much reason to do it for very long. I would say it's nice source of easy valor... but Heroic Scenarios holy shit.

Bisnic

I'm almost positive it's going to tie into Garrosh somehow, considering he's been abusing/trying to abuse Sha power but hasn't really been involved with any of the other major ones, which are all accounted for at this point. It's also quite fitting considering Garrosh and his current army are the epitome of hubris, making enemies of just about everyone at the same time and thinking they're gonna be fine. I mean, I'm trying really hard to think of what major faction leader won't be there in some way.

Things do seem to be moving really quickly, and Blizzcon is still a while away regarding what will undoubtedly be the announcement/timetable of the next expac, so I'm not really sure what they are going to do in the meantime. I'm sure they have something planned though, the deadzone following Dragon Soul wasn't that long ago.

And as much as I am probably going to enjoy all that, what happens to Org and who leads the Horde afterwards is going to be what I am most interested in. Chen is there already too, so I'm kinda hoping for Blizzard to put in something nostalgic, reminiscent of the Rexxar WC3 mission.

You're right about that, with even the Dwarven Council joining the King after that new 5.3 scenario, although Sylvanas and Velen have been very quiet this expansion. I expect Velen to have some importance in the expected Burning Legion expansion, but what about Sylvanas? We haven't heard from her since Cataclysm. I bet she's planning something behind everyone's back.

CassSept

You're right about that, with even the Dwarven Council joining the King after that new 5.3 scenario, although Sylvanas and Velen have been very quiet this expansion. I expect Velen to have some importance in the expected Burning Legion expansion, but what about Sylvanas? We haven't heard from her since Cataclysm. I bet she's planning something behind everyone's back.

Well lore dialogue after you finish the chain in Durotar mentions that "Banshee Queen needs no excuse". I hadn't done post-Cata vanilla zones, but I believe there is a chain in Silverpine where Garrosh is really harsh with Sylvanas, going as far as calling her "bitch". She will be there at Garrosh's downfall, and gladly.

strafer

For the Fathom-Lord Karathress encounter, Cataclysmic Bolt now deals 10% of the target's maximum health plus 5000 damage, down from 50% of target's maximum health, the stun effect can be removed by abilities that free the player from stuns, and the spell now targets any character class instead of only targeting character classes with mana.

dis be pretty nice for soloers.

thanks

Tarazet

I crunched some numbers and figured out that to armor cap my bear, at ilv 522 average on my armor, I need about 9300 Mastery rating. That should be doable.

Enosh

doing heroic scenarios it's kinda amazing how people can't move out of clearly visible ground effect aka "fire"

no wonder almost every group is looking for a healer since they can kinda mitigate those fuck ups

Berordn

doing heroic scenarios it's kinda amazing how people can't move out of clearly visible ground effect aka "fire"

no wonder almost every group is looking for a healer since they can kinda mitigate those fuck ups

Doing scenarios with anything but 3 DPS is doing them wrong, as far as I'm concerned. There's enough free healing and mitigation you get just by paying attention to what's going on around you that using a tank or healer in them is a pointless crutch.

I can't imagine any group forming that needs one is a group worth running with.

ZenaxPure

It's embarrassing. Let me share with you the pinnacle of "excellence".

I decided to give a H scenario a try on my shaman since her damage output is alright. Some Brewmaster invited me and said he was tanking and when I got in he told the other shaman with us to heal. Of course my first thought is that I should ditch that group asap but I figured even though it would be slow, we could get it done, and I had nothing better to do at the time.

Nope, nopenopenope. The scenario pops and I hit accept without thinking twice, we were in.... A little patience? I went ahead and finished it since hey free vp and it would be faster to not take the deserter buff. The other Shaman knew how to not be terrible at the game so I took one spot, he took the other, and the whole thing was over in about 5 minutes. Upon finishing it I didn't get a chest, just some JP... Suddenly I realize that this mother fucker SPECIFIC que'd for A Little Patience.

So let's sort this out for a second. He thought A Little Patience was a heroic scenario, he specific que'd for A Little Patience despite the fact even when you go into the scenario menu there is a divider for Normal and Heroic, he thinks you need a tank and a healer for a heroic scenario because he's presumably to terrible to actually not stand in things that hurt you, and to top if off that means that he wanted to specific que for a heroic scenario. I can't hold all these whys.

Despite causing an uproar I wish Blizzard would disable healing/tank specs in Heroic scenarios just because if these people can't finish them with 3 dps they don't deserve the insane amount of vp and chance at epic loot, if you can't not stand in a thing that hurts you I want to question how you even get out of bed every morning without slipping in the bathroom and cracking your skull on the sink.

Why

cdyhybrid

I'm glad I brought a healer to my last heroic scenario because the other DPS went AFK halfway through without telling us and me and the healer had to finish it by ourselves (still missed the bonus timer though ><).

Bisnic

How hard are the heroic scenarios really? Does it remind you of early Cataclysm heroics difficulty? Perfectly doable with people outside of your guild members/friends, but expect deaths and wipes to happen?

cdyhybrid

How hard are the heroic scenarios really? Does it remind you of early Cataclysm heroics difficulty? Perfectly doable with a non-guild members/friends, but expect deaths and wipes to happen?

With LFR gear being pretty common, it's doable by 3 people with any semblance of skill. The problem is unless you're familiar with the people you're going with, you can't be sure you have that :p

ZenaxPure

How hard are the heroic scenarios really? Does it remind you of early Cataclysm heroics difficulty? Perfectly doable with a pug, but expect deaths and wipes to happen?

Honestly it entirely depends if they can move out of stuff. The entire premise of scenarios since Day 1 is avoidable attacks. This dude attacks in a cone in front of you, this guy attacks in a circle around you, lightning strikes on the brew barrels, etc. etc. All of it avoidable, problem is in normal mode scenarios people can get by ignoring it since it barely did any damage.

In Heroic Scenarios on the other hand, that lightning strike in A Brewing Storm for example, hits for something like 300-350k damage. Barely leaves you with enough HP left to survive the saurok's melee attacks.

Basically what I'm saying is that your success depends entirely on your ability to avoid incoming dodge-able attacks. If you've been fighting rare spawns this expansion or literally played any sort of video game that isn't WoW you will be fine, unfortunately that doesn't seem to apply to a lot of people.

If the DPS is a little low you might not make the bonus objectives (which are mostly time based it seems) but if people in your group don't know how to dodge a dude raising a sword above his head ready to strike down, you are doomed.

Bisnic

Hm, I see. Yeah, normal scenarios are so ridiculously easy that my 507 average item lvl frost mage can basically carry the whole group. Normal mobs with 300K-350k HP dies in 2 or 3 hits lol. Might give it a try this weekend, at least there is going to be some sort of challenge.

ZenaxPure

Hm, I see. Yeah, normal scenarios are so ridiculously easy that my 507 average item lvl frost mage can basically carry the whole group. Normal mobs with 300K-350k HP dies in 2 or 3 hits lol. Might give it a try this weekend, at least there is going to be some sort of challenge.

Just to give you an idea of what you're going up against, the final boss of A Brewing Storm (The Saurok dude) has 7 million HP on normal mode, on heroic he has around 30 million HP. There are also more mobs on heroic and they all have additional abilities. Again, in A Brewing Storm the sauroks there throw fire/venom on the ground randomly that does crazy amounts of damage and some of them will cast a heal that heals them completely back to 100%. Proper interrupting/dodging attacks/decent dps is required to win without healer/tank crutches.

Fularu

Banned
There's a weekly quest that gives you a loot chest. You get it from the dude in Shrine of Two Moons that's always using Spinning Crane Kick.
I see.. Because so far it's been 100% gold for me from the chests :p

Yesterday I joined a guild run learning Horridon as a DPS on Mal'Ganis, had some fun :) while not super skilled, I enjoyed my time with those people.

cdyhybrid

I see.. Because so far it's been 100% gold for me from the chests :p

Yesterday I joined a guild run learning Horridon as a DPS on Mal'Ganis, had some fun :) while not super skilled, I enjoyed my time with those people.

Gold is loot! Just ask the designers of LFR.

Honestly it entirely depends if they can move out of stuff. The entire premise of scenarios since Day 1 is avoidable attacks. This dude attacks in a cone in front of you, this guy attacks in a circle around you, lightning strikes on the brew barrels, etc. etc. All of it avoidable, problem is in normal mode scenarios people can get by ignoring it since it barely did any damage.

In Heroic Scenarios on the other hand, that lightning strike in A Brewing Storm for example, hits for something like 300-350k damage. Barely leaves you with enough HP left to survive the saurok's melee attacks.

Basically what I'm saying is that your success depends entirely on your ability to avoid incoming dodge-able attacks. If you've been fighting rare spawns this expansion or literally played any sort of video game that isn't WoW you will be fine, unfortunately that doesn't seem to apply to a lot of people.

If the DPS is a little low you might not make the bonus objectives (which are mostly time based it seems) but if people in your group don't know how to dodge a dude raising a sword above his head ready to strike down, you are doomed.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what we were failing on with that second boss (mini-boss?) in A Brewing Storm when we ran it the other day. I know I died to something on the ground the first time because I wasn't paying complete attention (and it wasn't as super obvious as big ol' flames) but we all ended up dying at some point on him (two times in total for me, with him being finished off by our npc? Haha) and that second time I wasn't sure what I did wrong. Does he just hit so super hard that you have to "tank" him in the healing puddle the npc drops that was far behind where we were fighting him?

I did Battle On the High Seas with my guild and I didn't die once. That one seemed much easier. Still have to be careful, as both my guildmates died to explosives, but I thought there was much less difficulty in that one. Then again, the priest was dropping heals while doing dps so that probably helped a bit.

After we got out it was frustrating because someone else in the guild was answering questions asked to us and kept telling people you couldn't do any of them with 3 dps and needed a healer, tank, or both. And kept giving other wrong info.

I really like the heroic scenarios, though, and hope they convert more over to heroic and keep them coming. I do believe they need to work on the reward structure a little bit more to keep them enticing but for now they're acceptable and neat. Besides, while the guaranteed epic I got from the quest is going to go unused due to equipping it would drop my two-piece T15 bonus I got a second epic from the second random heroic I ran and got some boots to replace my new boots I got the day before for the story quest reward. Now I only have two items left that are below 502 (chest and helm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom