• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what we were failing on with that second boss (mini-boss?) in A Brewing Storm when we ran it the other day. I know I died to something on the ground the first time because I wasn't paying complete attention (and it wasn't as super obvious as big ol' flames) but we all ended up dying at some point on him (two times in total for me, with him being finished off by our npc? Haha) and that second time I wasn't sure what I did wrong. Does he just hit so super hard that you have to "tank" him in the healing puddle the npc drops that was far behind where we were fighting him?

I did Battle On the High Seas with my guild and I didn't die once. That one seemed much easier. Still have to be careful, as both my guildmates died to explosives, but I thought there was much less difficulty in that one. Then again, the priest was dropping heals while doing dps so that probably helped a bit.

After we got out it was frustrating because someone else in the guild was answering questions asked to us and kept telling people you couldn't do any of them with 3 dps and needed a healer, tank, or both. And kept giving other wrong info.

I really like the heroic scenarios, though, and hope they convert more over to heroic and keep them coming. I do believe they need to work on the reward structure a little bit more to keep them enticing but for now they're acceptable and neat. Besides, while the guaranteed epic I got from the quest is going to go unused due to equipping it would drop my two-piece T15 bonus I got a second epic from the second random heroic I ran and got some boots to replace my new boots I got the day before for the story quest reward. Now I only have two items left that are below 502 (chest and helm).

I think the valor reward is plenty good enough to keep people doing them.

Fularu

Banned
I'll be honest, I'm not sure what we were failing on with that second boss (mini-boss?) in A Brewing Storm when we ran it the other day. I know I died to something on the ground the first time because I wasn't paying complete attention (and it wasn't as super obvious as big ol' flames) but we all ended up dying at some point on him (two times in total for me, with him being finished off by our npc? Haha) and that second time I wasn't sure what I did wrong. Does he just hit so super hard that you have to "tank" him in the healing puddle the npc drops that was far behind where we were fighting him?

I did Battle On the High Seas with my guild and I didn't die once. That one seemed much easier. Still have to be careful, as both my guildmates died to explosives, but I thought there was much less difficulty in that one. Then again, the priest was dropping heals while doing dps so that probably helped a bit.

After we got out it was frustrating because someone else in the guild was answering questions asked to us and kept telling people you couldn't do any of them with 3 dps and needed a healer, tank, or both. And kept giving other wrong info.

I really like the heroic scenarios, though, and hope they convert more over to heroic and keep them coming. I do believe they need to work on the reward structure a little bit more to keep them enticing but for now they're acceptable and neat. Besides, while the guaranteed epic I got from the quest is going to go unused due to equipping it would drop my two-piece T15 bonus I got a second epic from the second random heroic I ran and got some boots to replace my new boots I got the day before for the story quest reward. Now I only have two items left that are below 502 (chest and helm).
Did it this morning. Second mini boss creates gaz patches and has a frontal thunderclap like ability.

ZenaxPure

Gold is loot! Just ask the designers of LFR.

I feel pretty lucky so far this tier of LFR. All my rogue needs is a dagger, another piece of tier, and maybe some boots and he will be as good as he can get outside of the new 516 loot (which I will keep trying for everyday, hopefully will get some weapons).

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what we were failing on with that second boss (mini-boss?) in A Brewing Storm when we ran it the other day. I know I died to something on the ground the first time because I wasn't paying complete attention (and it wasn't as super obvious as big ol' flames)

Oh don't worry about it, we did fine in there. That mini-boss does a lot of damage even when you aren't standing in the venom clouds. Might be something interruptable causing the damage, not sure.

My rage came from my other excellent heroic scenario story where I decided to try one on my Druid on a different server last night and we wiped because my companions kept standing in the lightning strikes in Stage 1. After we reset the stage and started over (who knew you could even fail it?!) I clearly said "Ok, this time don't stand in the lightning" only for BOTH of my dudes to get hit by the first lightning strike. I was like lolwtf and dumped them. Haven't had the best of luck with H scenarios on my alts so far, my rogue's groups have been fine though.

Enosh

Doing scenarios with anything but 3 DPS is doing them wrong, as far as I'm concerned. There's enough free healing and mitigation you get just by paying attention to what's going on around you that using a tank or healer in them is a pointless crutch.

I can't imagine any group forming that needs one is a group worth running with.
true, but people now know what works and what doesn't, they see they have it easier with a healer, so healers are looked for, especially since you aren't penalized in any way, timers are still very possible with 2 okayish dps and a healer
well maybe just my server idk how it is on others ^^

My rage came from my other excellent heroic scenario story where I decided to try one on my Druid on a different server last night and we wiped because my companions kept standing in the lightning strikes in Stage 1. After we reset the stage and started over (who knew you could even fail it?!) I clearly said "Ok, this time don't stand in the lightning" only for BOTH of my dudes to get hit by the first lightning strike. I was like lolwtf and dumped them. Haven't had the best of luck with H scenarios on my alts so far, my rogue's groups have been fine though.
similar story here, although we made it
2 dps, they each died like 3 or 4 times on the lighting shit
I was just looking at my screen going "wtf guys"

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just got 2 secrets from a tot wing, so that evens out the 0 i got from the first one. 10% done!

Ultratech

doing heroic scenarios it's kinda amazing how people can't move out of clearly visible ground effect aka "fire"

no wonder almost every group is looking for a healer since they can kinda mitigate those fuck ups

Yeah, I had that fun experience with some guildies.

Apparently, they don't realize that "fire" or stuff like "Deathforce" quite literally means death.
(How people die from Deathforce is quite literally mind-boggling to me. Can they not run out of the bubble of death?)

Hell, some CC would be nice too, but I suppose not everyone has that mentality like me.

Just to give you an idea of what you're going up against, the final boss of A Brewing Storm (The Saurok dude) has 7 million HP on normal mode, on heroic he has around 30 million HP. There are also more mobs on heroic and they all have additional abilities. Again, in A Brewing Storm the sauroks there throw fire/venom on the ground randomly that does crazy amounts of damage and some of them will cast a heal that heals them completely back to 100%. Proper interrupting/dodging attacks/decent dps is required to win without healer/tank crutches.

Pretty much. Good DPS is nice, but awareness and interrupts help a TON.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure if this is intended or not... but i was standing AFK near the fortress where the orc general is for the part of legendary chain in Krasarang Wilds, and when i came back, my quest was complete. I never attacked him before going AFK. A group probably killed him while i was around and it somehow counted.

Well, i'm not gonna complain, that's for sure.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They apparently nerfed the crap out of them, too. I did the quest the other day with 7 of us, and it was a joke. I probably could have solo'd him. he had less health and did less damage than a zandalari warbringer.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ok, I need some advice.

I started at 85 on my Death Knight, and leveled him to 90 this past week, just doing quests in Pandaria, which I really enjoyed. Now I'm in that final area, doing the dailies. I also have gone to the Temple of the White Tiger, The Arboretum, and the Anglers area, all doing the dailies there.

I only have item level of 419, which means I can't do Heroics. What should I be working on exacly, to level that up? I've done some lower level Pandarian dungeons, just a few today, and have gotten a few upgrades, but I'm wondering if there's something else I should concentrate on.

Thanks!

Ultratech

Ok, I need some advice.

I only have item level of 419, which means I can't do Heroics. What should I be working on exacly, to level that up? I've done some lower level Pandarian dungeons, just a few today, and have gotten a few upgrades, but I'm wondering if there's something else I should concentrate on.

Thanks!

If you've been working on Dread Wastes, you should be getting decent gear.

Also, do dungeons and get some more upgrades.

Also do Scenarios; they often drop 450-463 gear from the chests you get from doing a Random one.

ZenaxPure

You can buy 458 pvp gear really cheap on the AH. Also a ghost iron dragonling trinket (ilvl 450, gives you some nice stat boosts), and, any jp you have convert it into honor and buy epics. 476 crafted gloves/chest are pretty cheap nowadays too. Plus everything Ultra said.

Gearing is pretty fast nowadays!

Tamanon

Banned
Also, tag along with a group killing Sha in Kunlai Summit, it's faction-tag and drops you a quest item that gets you 476 boots.

bunbun777

Congrats to Blood Runs Cold on Stormrage for killing Ra-den first on our realm. 2 Priests, 2 DK's, Mage, Druid, Monk, Pally, Rogue, Hunter.

On a personal note my item level is up to 523, currently only 7/12(normal) but we are getting there.

strafer

One DK per realm is removed.

unlimitedDKs.jpg

zychi

Banned
I have a cd key fro WotLK that I accidentally purchased twice. I know almost everyone here has it already, but if anyone is in need of a key, feel free to pm me.

Warning: when I try and add it to my Blizzard account, it tells me it's part of a "free" thing, and denies my use(i already have the exp pack). So if you're willing to try it pm me.

Robin64

On a couple of (very) low population realms I play, this event stuff is just impossible. :\

On the main one with lots of players, it's fine, but sucks for low pop.

Berordn

I don't play WoW anymore but was dropping in and saw the DK stuff...did they ever announce plans for a new hero class?

Essentially all their plans for "hero" classes were dropped when they axed the hybrid class idea for Death Knights. Death Knights are essentially just another class, with their own specific perks just like any other. The only remnant is that they start at 55.

We'll probably never see another one.

ZenaxPure

Essentially all their plans for "hero" classes were dropped when they axed the hybrid class idea for Death Knights. Death Knights are essentially just another class, with their own specific perks just like any other. The only remnant is that they start at 55.

We'll probably never see another one.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we saw another class that started at a higher level, personally. Monks daily buff just seems like a substitute for that anyway.

Ultratech

Probably intentional since GC tweeted about it. There really isn't any reason to have that restriction anymore, since starting at 55 is pretty irrelevant with as much content as we have to level through from that point.

They mentioned they were gonna do it before.

I think it was mentioned sometime around 5.2 that they were thinking about removing it in the next patch.
(Assuming my memory is correct on that.)

On a couple of (very) low population realms I play, this event stuff is just impossible. :\

On the main one with lots of players, it's fine, but sucks for low pop.

It really does. :\

I mean, I can solo some of the Elites by myself, but it takes SO LONG.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's probably better to try fighting those elites before the weekend, when the weekly quest is still fresh for most players.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I actually wouldn't be surprised if we saw another class that started at a higher level, personally. Monks daily buff just seems like a substitute for that anyway.

Death Knights starting at 55 is wonky as shit as it is.

Berordn

I really think we're more likely to see catch-up mechanics for new classes akin to Enlightenment before we have a class with a higher starting level again, especially since they don't seem too keen on letting other classes level that quickly.

ZenaxPure

I really think we're more likely to see catch-up mechanics for new classes akin to Enlightenment before we have a class with a higher starting level again, especially since they don't seem too keen on letting other classes level that quickly.

Maybe, I was just saying I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if they did put one class at a higher level is all.

Also as a general question, anyone here ever messed with oQueue? I decided to install it and it's pretty overwhelming.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
So I am assuming no one here PVP's?

Because that aspect of the game is literally completely ruined.

Do you mind elaborating? I'm not 90 yet so I haven't been able to try the PVP changes. But I'm very curious to see it for myself because there seem to be a lot of mixed opinions.

vocab

Yeah, no. Frankly not that much has changed, besides people in PVE gear not getting two-shot.

If thats the change people are crying about then lol. It's just like vanilla. People in PVE gear should be able to compete with people in pvp gear.

Berordn

If thats the change people are crying about then lol. It's just like vanilla. People in PVE gear should be able to compete with people in pvp gear.

A lot of people are also complaining about the Conquest catch-up system, which raises the cap for every week in the season that they didn't cap.

...which is silly, because they still end up with less Conquest overall, and nothing changes for those who cap every week anyway. And at the end of the day, PVP still favors PVP gear, so the PVP veteran is still in a better place than anyone who's just starting to pick it up.

ZenaxPure

And at the end of the day, PVP still favors PVP gear, so the PVP veteran is still in a better place than anyone who's just starting to pick it up.

If anything pvpers are in a better place now than people in pve gear in battlegrounds. I decided to try out Deepwind Gorge on a character with no pvp gear. Yeah sure I didn't die as fast but I also couldn't do shit damage when I had 0% increased damage against people's 65% base reduced player damage.

Tarazet

We finished Dark Animus today, quite easily. Once we got everyone coordinated, it was a very easy encounter compared to LFR, which is just a monster because of all the Leroy Jenkins bullshit. It isn't remotely the same fight.

I don't know if it's the Indomitable Diamond, my cooldown usage, or the high Mastery I'm running with, but I'm taking 25% less damage on my Druid than our other tank is on his DK. I thought at first it was just fluke occurrences, but it seems to be pretty consistent. I'm mystified as to why, because he seems to be doing most things right. Is the diamond really that good?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bqzl58aq89f846b0/sum/damageTaken/?s=789&e=1253

Sciz

No. I mean, just looking at it mathematically, 25% less damage is far, far greater than 20% reduced damage on 33% uptime.

Blood is just built to take more damage than anyone else, because they're also built to self-heal more than anyone else. When you factor out the 8M additional self-healing he did, you're left with a mere 2M damage discrepancy that the healers had to cover, which probably is small enough for the meta to account for.

Tarazet

No. I mean, just looking at it mathematically, 25% less damage is far, far greater than 20% reduced damage on 33% uptime.

Blood is just built to take more damage than anyone else, because they're also built to self-heal more than anyone else. When you factor out the 8M additional self-healing he did, you're left with a mere 2M damage discrepancy that the healers had to cover, which probably is small enough for the meta to account for.

That sounds reasonable enough. I can self-heal a lot more than I did, but I kept SD and T&C up instead to smooth out the intake, because it's spike damage that gets us on Primordius. If I hadn't done that, we probably would've had pretty similar numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom