• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Assassination is the best!

But yeah, we have been one of the least played classes for a very long time now, I rarely run into other rogues in groups. Whatever though, other people are missing out :D

I liked rogues well enough in Cata, but now windwalker has a pretty similar feel without all the annoyances of actually being a rogue.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would play rogues more often if it werent for the energy mechanism. I hate being always out of energy and just standing there autoattacking while it recharges.

Dawg

I'm usually at the top of dps meters as well. All dem other classes mad jelly.

Rogue really is a niche class these days though. They're the most outdated in terms of skills and rotation imho, but maybe that's the reason I like them that much. They still feel very vanilla like, you know?

ZenaxPure

Rogue really is a niche class these days though. They're the most outdated in terms of skills and rotation imho, but maybe that's the reason I like them that much. They still feel very vanilla like, you know?

Wouldn't know, I play assassination, we feel nothing like our vanilla selves considering mutilate didn't exist until 2.0, envenom proper didn't exist until wrath, and venomous wounds didn't exist until cata. Vanilla assassination and current assassination literally used different abilities.

I actually find it funny you say that since a lot of the other classes in the game have been redesigned over the years to act more like rogues, they were just catching up to what was awesome ;)

I would play rogues more often if it werent for the energy mechanism. I hate being always out of energy and just standing there autoattacking while it recharges.

Honestly that is why I like assassination. Proper energy control is what sets the good mutilate rogues from the bad ones. I'm not really a fan of specs with filler spells or enough buttons to fit every single GCD, I prefer planning out what I am going to do and having smaller windows of opportunity to actually pull it off. Envenom4lyfe, nothing says awesome like getting dozens and dozens more poison procs than another assassination rogue in your group.

I liked rogues well enough in Cata, but now windwalker has a pretty similar feel without all the annoyances of actually being a rogue.

What would those annoyances be? Speaking from an assassination pov, obviously, I don't really think WW feels much like assassination (or sub for that matter), certainly feels pretty similar to combat though.

Beats waiting for an autoattack as warrior.

I believe this is ultimately why I really disliked trying out a warrior and also couldn't get into feral druid (with the similar-to-rogue energy mechanic). Death Knight also feels a bit clunky to me for the bit I tried.

The two classes I've played most and made my mains were paladins (prot, specifically) and shaman (enhance). With both there's a LOT of buttons being hit constantly as there's not often too much time that you're waiting on cooldowns and mana is never really a concern for either. I should probably look into other classes that are similar to see if there's others I might enjoy playing as but for now those two really suit my style.

ZenaxPure

except auto attacks don't generate rage anymore and warriors don't have that much downtime ^^

rogues have the biggest downtime of all classes iirc, something crazy like 40% for one of the spec

I really think saying we have that much down time is disingenuous. If you aren't thinking about what you are going to do with the energy you're building up you're playing the class wrong/not very good (which is evidenced by the stupidly high amount of bad rogues out there I guess).

It's only down time in the literal since of you not hitting any buttons, it's not like you are just sitting there doing absolutely nothing (again, unless you're bad). It's just taking what most classes do over 10 seconds and doing all of the same things in half the time then planning out your next move in the downtime.

That much actually applies to all 3 specs despite them having different amounts of downtime.

Bisnic

I forgot how terrible Alliance is in BGs, winning a battle in the ToK BG is taking me forever for that legendary quest... Having only 2 pieces of 476 PVP gear doesnt help the team either.

So I am assuming no one here PVP's?

Because that aspect of the game is literally completely ruined.

WoW PvP - all aspects from battlegrounds, arenas, and world pvp - is the best it's been since Wrath of the Lich King.

The new battlegrounds might be the best ones Blizzard has made, especially the powerball one. Having base resilience that all characters have allows Blizzard to modify the damage to avoid too much or too little burst. High-level PvE gear is downgraded to 496 so PvE players don't have an advantage because of dumb trinkets or specific pieces of gear. The Conquest catchup allows alts and new players to catch up to Tyrannical gear so they at least have a chance to play competitively. And the Isle of Thunder and Battlefield: Barrens have some of the best World PvP since STVietnam, Hillsbrad Foothills, and the Isle of Quel Danas.

I guess PvP might be "literally completely ruined" if you really, really enjoyed globaling new 90s in greens

Robin64

Wow. Did Mogu'shan this week and got the final 2 Wisdom I needed. So now I have that part out of the way FINALLY and I'm on Test of Valor.

Ugh, Test of Valor..

LadyRiven

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest, the dps melee gem is anywhere from 8 to 10% of my overall damage on fights. It is very powerful.

If we're talking about the legendary meta, that thing is seriously ridiculous. As an enhance shaman, I was annoyed that the passive bonus was crit, but the proc seems to be 5-10 of your damage for almost any physical damage class. And a big thing for my particular class/spec is that it scales with mastery!

Prodigal

Banned
So I just removed my physical authenticator and switched to the mobile one, but now I can't log in because it says Too Many Attempts (503). Kind of worried because I don't know if my account is protected since I can't get log in to it and it's been hacked before...

Ultratech

Decided to finish up the Barrens weekly quests, so I hit up CRZ with some Doomhammer guys.

Gotta say, that stuff was mad fun. Eventually, we got into a mad run on Commanders and we had like 8-10 guys wailing on them.
I even kited one or two of them around in circles just because they had no chance of catching up to me (plus, it kept them from beating on squishies).

Ended up getting that Hydra pet. I kinda like it.

Also, decided to hunt for the Unborn Val'kyr pet before I decided it was gonna be a crapshoot with people hunting all of its supposed spawn points.

My goal now is to try and finish up my Glory of the Firelands meta, since all I got left is Barrel Roll, which is maddeningly hard since somebody ALWAYS get hit by something.

omg look at this multi boxer :lol

http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow

Somebody has a lot of time and money on their hands apparently.

Tarazet

I would play a Rogue, except that I already play a Druid with Feral offspec and they are pretty much the same now. If I want to play a class with a 1.0 GCD, I'll just get on my Unholy DK and do 80K DPS in my 476 tank gear.

ZenaxPure

If we're talking about the legendary meta, that thing is seriously ridiculous. As an enhance shaman, I was annoyed that the passive bonus was crit, but the proc seems to be 5-10 of your damage for almost any physical damage class. And a big thing for my particular class/spec is that it scales with mastery!

Yeah it's crazy strong, feels like what we'd usually get from a legendary weapon. It's going to be so crazy when we get both the meta gem and whatever legendary item we get in 5.4.

My goal now is to try and finish up my Glory of the Firelands meta, since all I got left is Barrel Roll, which is maddeningly hard since somebody ALWAYS get hit by something.

Do it alone. I dunno how good your dps is I guess but I assume it's strong, alysrazor is very easy to solo (I've been doing it for the past month or so alone for a weekly chance at the mount) and I can kill alysrazor nowadays before she even goes into the tornado phase. Which means that the only thing you have to worry about avoiding are the fiery fart clouds as you fly around. I got the achievement on my very first kill since it's pretty easy to avoid those.

Only thing you really have to worry about is getting too far away from Alysrazor, if you're alone and get to far away from her by accident she will despawn. Took me a few tries to get a feel for it.

strafer

A bit overkill on the combo points but okay. :p

pointsnluqb.jpg

B-Dex

My Female Dwarf Rogue is doing fine. She's in Arathi right now. Granted not max lvl or anything but I'm enjoying my time. Druids never jived with me.

Ripclawe

Banned
Going around wrath and burning hitting up dungeons that I didn't do in groups because I am 99% solo player. Some of them are quite spectacular looking especially in Tempest keep and Hall of Lighting.

I got stopped on Kael'thas Sunstrider(25) When he rezs his add ons I couldn't keep them in check

Dawg

Wouldn't know, I play assassination, we feel nothing like our vanilla selves considering mutilate didn't exist until 2.0, envenom proper didn't exist until wrath, and venomous wounds didn't exist until cata. Vanilla assassination and current assassination literally used different abilities.

I actually find it funny you say that since a lot of the other classes in the game have been redesigned over the years to act more like rogues, they were just catching up to what was awesome ;)

Well, I didn't mean we were still 100% like in vanilla, but I find our class hasn't changed that much imho :p It's like every other class out there has these fancy things these days and they get all kinds of new stuff, while rogues.... They're just rogues you know :p

Not complaining at all though, there's something old fashioned about rogues that I really like. And yeah, being the only rogue in an entire raid just feels good. Especially if you're on top of the dps meter. I just like playing an underdog class :p

Going around wrath and burning hitting up dungeons that I didn't do in groups because I am 99% solo player. Some of them are quite spectacular looking especially in Tempest keep and Hall of Lighting.

I got stopped on Kael'thas Sunstrider(25) When he rezs his add ons I couldn't keep them in check

On Kael'thas I found what helps is to fight the first two of his minions on the stage and then run towards the entrance of his room to fight the lady that disorients before running back up to meet the fourth guy. That way when he resurrects the group you can either quickly kill off the three up on the stage and then just deal with her solo or try to burst her down hopefully before a disorient and then deal with the other three more easily. Also, not sure what class you are but don't have a pet/minion out after that as he'll mind control if there's anyone other than you fighting him.

It's not that bad of a fight once you get used to its couple quirks.

And I'd almost say that in design and spectacle I'd put Tempest Keep below most all the other BC raids, aside from Mag, Gruul's, and possibly Hyjal. The last boss of Hyjal definitely wowed me when I first went with a group of 80s going through older content.

Ultratech

Did some Warbringer farming with a cool Blood DK earlier.

Think we killed like 15 of those guys and got nothing but insignias and bags.

Was hoping for a mount to drop, but nothing... :\

Berordn

damn youuuuu!!!!!!

I literally did not get a single pet. Pretty sad about it. I guess to be fair I only ran SSC/TK on 1 character, but, I totally did Kara 4 times and got nothin'

They do have some pretty terrible drop rates... but to be fair I did run them on five characters.

Dawg

It's kinda funny how you can go from a well known player to an absolute nobody on WoW. In Vanilla, I knew like 90% of the server because I was in a well known guild and newbies admired my gear (I know it creates an ego, but there's something fun about people whispering you about your gear :>). Hell, we even did MC in the weekend with random people just so that they could get epics and experience raiding.

Fast forward to BC and everyone did heroics with me and my guild. There was a real sense of community and everyone still knew everyone. After the first few months though, people were starting to quit WoW. People you'd never think would quit this game. Hell, a veteran player quitting back then still felt weird and for every player that quit, you actually felt like you lost a good friend. Just thinking about those nights when we were raiding SSC while our eastern officer was singing My Heart Will Go On from Celine Done makes me sad. He and his brother quit because they were going to play that Warhammer MMO for a while, only to never return. I spent countless of nights with his brother in Karazhan because we were put in the "lesser second raid group" which was filled with trials and such. About 6 or 7 of them while we had to learn them stuff and judge them as trials. We ended up downing Malchezaar before the main raid group, which was funny as hell back in the day. The raid after that, a lot of trials made it to member and we were put back in the main raiding group lol.

That's probably part of the tragedy in WoW. You often spend so much time with people on ventrilo etc doing raids for weeks, months... so much that when they finally decide to quit, it gives you the same feeling as if a real life friend suddenly abandons you. Yeah, you could add them on teh facebookz (or msn back then) but after a while, you end up not chatting anymore. In WoW at least, you had a common goal and you had a reason to log in every day and have fun with each other.

I even ended up taking a break from WoW myself. About a year before Wotlk. Too much people were quitting and it just wasn't fun anymore. When I finally came back (Wotlk launch), my server felt different. A few of my friends returned, but I also noticed a lot of unknown names in the usual places (Orgrimmar, Dalaran). My server was filled with new faces.

My entire guild though... when I left, it wasn't going as good anymore. They were still making progress, but they raided less and it was going slower as well. I still checked the forums/site several months in my break and they were doing good again though. A lot of experienced players joined them, they were sweeping through progress and they were in the top 3 again. When I finally played again though, the guild was ruined. The only thing left was its name and about 5 or 6 members. All the big names were gone and suddenly, everything was just... gone. Our legacy on our realm? Gone. Nobody knew our guild when I started talking to people. Nobody knew me either. Except for the 3 or 4 ex-guildies that still played.

Thing is, when your big and famous guild is gone... you're just a nobody on your realm. My guild was replaced by different guilds and I didn't knew a single one of them. I ended up applying to some of them, but they acted really elitist and didn't even believe me when I told them about my experience. Mind you, achievements were added late BC, but the time stamps are worth nothing because the older stuff is all set to 2008 I believe. Our entire guild site was offline as well so I couldn't bring up pics. I couldn't even use my own pics, because only then did it hit me that I never actually made pics of the bosses I downed in vanilla and early BC. And yeah, I only had gear from Wrath heroics. I was just a shitty unknown rogue to them. Didn't even give me trial status to test me. I didn't knew a single one of them and they didn't knew me either. It was really a good example of the newer elitist community Wrath introduced to my server. I know vanilla and BC had their fair share as well, but my server was a lot better in those days. A real sense of community I'd say.

In the end, I transferred to a different server. Switched from horde to alliance and suddenly, I was a human rogue. Started all over with a new guild that was pretty casual/mid core. Downed Naxx and then they disbanded. I don't remember exactly what I did after that, but after a while, I transferred again. This time, I went to a RP server. Argent Dawn (EU). I didn't really expect much (RP always seemed dull to me, especially eRP). I started to level an orc shaman and when I hit lvl 15 or so, I saw a group of RPers in Razor Hill doing some kind of duel ceremony. Basically, it was a tournament and instead of actually duelling eachother... you had to /roll and anything above a certain value meant your attack was succesfull. And then you had to /emote type an actual attack. I ended up participating and it actually was a lot of fun. Playing this game in character actually ends up being. You had to make up a backstory for your character etc and the RP on this server was really active.

That particular guild was made up of orcs who prefered peace over war, yet they still held tournaments for money and such. I ended up leaving the guild for Moklohn Command, a war horde guild, and my previous guild kinda became hostile at me. Only in character mind you, but it was fun. This newer guild was A LOT of fun and they held several events each week with promotion here and there if you serve the horde well. We'd be thirty or forty guys in Orgrimmar while the guild master would speak against each and everyone. We all had our tasks etc and some people were guarding us, completely in horde guard gear. And everything looked the same. They even gave you a set when you joined them so all the recruits looked the same. The officers themselves made some kind of unique sets and if you joined their squad, you'd be given the same outfit. I eventually made it quite high in the ranks and we even did a huge RP battle with the alliance in the castle south of Ratchet. I was truly amazing to witness such a large battle (100 vs 100 or maybe more) with such coordination. Officers of both sides met eachother and not a single soldier of each side made a move before the battle started. It's one of the reasons I'm really glad I could experience RP. (Although you also had them eRP bars in Silvermoon with nekkid belfs guarding the bar).

I eventually left them after quite a while, since a new officer joined the ranks and he was a little too serious about stuff. I don't even know if he was still in character at tmes, but he took events too seriously and after a while, our entire squad hated him lol. I was the only soldier he could trust, he told me. He knew the others were plotting something. Damn, I still get a smile if I think about that now. Eventually, the highest squad member (friend of mine) challenged him to a duel, but he lost. And he didn't take that very well. If he'd won, he'd be the new squad officer, such were the rules. I stayed neutral though, but in the end I left them for a more mature and "spiritual" guild. And then I went inactive again.

Eventually, one of my class mates IRL told me about his WoW account. He wanted me to play on his server. This was quite a few months after the RP stuff. This guy was a goddamn underwear model irl and a bodybuilder who was very fit... And he was a scorpion lord on WoW with several server firsts on his belt. He was also in the best guild on his server. You'd never guess it by his appearance irl. So yeah, I transferred once again and made my rogue an orc again since he was horde. Couldn't join his guild for lack of obvious experience and gear, so I joined a guild when some warlock was looking for people for his new guild in trade chat.

He was just a random guy at first and, just like me, he transferred from a different server to start over with his swedish friends. He had uber gear, but after a long and friendly conversation, I got in. He even bought me high lvl gear from the AH. We talking bout 40-50k stuff etc. I couldn't believe people like this still existed in WoW. I liked this guy a lot, and not because he bought me some stuff. Naw, it was like my first guild back in Vanilla. We were having shits and giggles on Ventrilo and after a while, I met his swedish friends as well and before I knew it, I had a group of friends again on WoW. We were constantly joking about stuff while doing ICC (like they always calling me Bulgarian, because I was the only Belgian in the guild and Bulgarian was some kind of inside joke because people always forgot I was Belgian and not Bulgarian). To top it off, there was a swedish lesbian couple in the guild who me and another guy from the guild did a lot of stuff with... I think the lesbian thing was only an act though, to keep them horny WoW guys from them. In the end, that other guy went to Sweden and one of the girls became his gf. They're still together I think. Pretty cool if I think about it. Like every previous guild I've been in though.... it was starting to break after some months. It was sad, since I really had some friends in there, but that is the way of WoW I guess...

I was browsing the forums of my original server and a new guild transferred there. They were looking for a rogue. They had a lot of experience, but they wanted a fresh server to play on. I decided to transfer back to my old server after they were impressed by my application. Once again, I found an awesome bunch of people. One guy in particular, Deathtime, also known as DT, was by far the funny guy of the guild. He died a lot in raids if I remember correctly (just like me, because I was teh threat meter rogue) but he was also very funny in general. And the guild was filled with nice guys in general. Raid leader was a woman, but she was very experienced and just. I basically got every single ICC achievement with these guys and also my ICC 25 drake. Also the ulduar drake and some other stuff. They made Wotlk endgame a lot of fun and they're partly the reason I have such fond memories of Wotlk in general. As all my previous guilds though, it was bound to happen. The woman, I believe, was in a relationship with an officer but it went to shit all of a sudden... And so did the guild. It survived a couple of months after that and even made it into Cata, but it wasn't the same and like the rest of my guilds, it's completely gone these days.

That's basically where my raiding/guild story ends. I haven't been in a decent guild since then. Haven't played Cata that much either. Two or three months at best perhaps, with most of my time spent lvling, doing a daily quest/hc here and there and deathwing raidfinder. It's the same for MoP these days. I log in, do a daily or something and a few dungeons or raid finder... mayhaps some pet battles or some achievement. Then I log off and leave the game for a few days or even a week. I transferred to Twisting Nether (EU) btw, because my original server died off when my last guild disappeared. So yeah, I'm basically playing this solo again.

TL;DR: "short" story from a guy who experienced the game from vanilla till now

/end

WoW story

I've never been as serious a player as you but I've played max level characters on different servers and I've seen things swing back and forth. Before LFR it was definitely easier to be a known quantity on a server. I never was big into guilds until they brought around guild perks so I almost exclusively played guild-less and pugged everything pre-Cata. As such I got really known on my server as a smart and well-geared tank. I had many people add me to their friends list and would invite me to run things frequently, including a small group that I did heroics with nightly because they were some of the top geared on the server and I was able to keep up with their aggro and speed while we'd absolutely race through heroics. During that time I'd have many people speak for me that knew me on my server and it was pretty cool to be recognized and included in many things. I quit right as ICC was hitting but I pugged through all the raids up through then with a pretty recognizable mix of players.

Cata I definitely I felt like I didn't know anybody, though. I didn't really play after the first week of Cata until Dragon Soul so when I came back I was playing catch up, relearning my spec, and generally not worrying much about group stuff. Only in the last few months of Cata did I fill a spot in a guild run for DS before I got to know people on that server and played frequently with them.

I transferred to my current server a couple weeks pre-MoP and had to sort of go through all of that again. I'm in my second guild on the server and within the guild I'm recognized as a valuable player (highest dps and nearly best geared, so they like me to join raids). But aside from that I've been chatting more with random people in Pandaria, I frequently did the world raid bosses, and generally just grouped up for more world content and randomly would have conversations in zone chats as I was doing other stuff and it's again started feeling more connected. I've had people on alts greet me and point out something we did together prior on their other characters and all around just have had a lot more people approach me and chat with me.

I think things like queuing for LFR, dungeons, and scenarios has definitely taken away the community and getting-to-know-your-server moments but it's really most of the previous reasons you'd become known to people on your server is still there, it's just a matter of looking beyond the conveniences and taking the effort yourself to communicate with random people more. The game is breeding its players to become introverts but it's not as if they're taking away the ability to still communicate and reach out. About a month ago I ran 10-man MSV with a guild looking to fill in a couple DPS slots so that sort of thing is still happening.

This became a bit rambly towards the end and I nearly just deleted it all. I'll keep this up and post it but I really just think it should be noted that there's still the ability to be a known player with how the game is today, it just takes a different mindset since it's no longer a requirement due to the game systems so instead you have to make communication an actual goal of your own.

ZenaxPure

It's a nice testament to how different experiences people can have. I've been playing since vanilla as well (and a rogue all that time except for some terrible enhance shaman playing in TBC :p) but I still totally hang out with friends I made in Vanilla, I am on vent with them chatting at this very moment as I type this.

I actually got into the game early on thanks to my best friend irl, but, I didn't actually get into the raiding scene until BWL era, I took more time than I should have leveling up and I was pretty adamant to join my friends guild (but I couldn't because their rogues were resilient fuckers who never quit). Eventually I got in and managed to hit it off with quite a few people. I stayed in the guild until I quit playing in TBC (because I thought TBC was pretty much trash outside of Kara as far as the raiding scene went).

But, when I came back for Wrath (as a friend had told me the game was awesome again) I hit max level pretty fast and immediately joined a casual 10 man guild made up of people in our original guild who wanted to be more casual. As time went on I got more of my old time friends into the guild and we were having a fun time. We didn't take the game too seriously since we were in that camp that 10 mans felt like second class citizens, but, hey it was fun.

In Cata that guild wanted to switch to 25 mans, but, me and my close friends knew that it would be about 12 people piggybacking the rest so we cut our ties (which wasn't the easiest thing since we knew a lot of those folks since vanilla) and with the 10/25 combined loot stuff I went through all my friends and formed a badass team. Ended up being 4 people from our original guild, 2 personal friends I had known since vanilla, and another friend from the BC/wrath era - which isn't enough people - so it took most of the BWD/BoT tier for the dust to settle but when Firelands rolled around we came out of no where and got some server firsts and ended up finishing 4th on the server for the tier which wasn't bad all things considered. Stuff goes on from there, and, we don't currently raid anymore in MoP for a variety of reasons, but, it's been one of the things I fucking love about Heroic scenarios this patch. I've been doing them with those same old friends and it's been a ton of fun.

Anyway, the tldr version of my story is that I totally still hang out with my vanilla friends to this day, every day, and we play WoW together sometimes but otherwise we just chat or play something else. I couldn't imagine not chatting with these people on a regular basis, at this point I know most of them better than any other friends since people came and went through high school and college, they've outlived all of my real life friends haha.

It's made my experience with the game really weird, though. I currently play alone 90% of the time because I don't know what looking for new friends is like. I've been playing with the same core group of people since literally vanilla and finding new people to replace them sounds... fucking crazy.

Ultratech

Got my Glory of the Firelands meta done! Woo!

Managed to find a good group (re: a REALLY fucking good Monk good at flying + some other guys who can actually avoid stuff) and we managed to get it!

So now I have pretty much all Cata Raid achievements done except Ragnar-Os.

Also, my birdie:

Moff

Thing is, when your big and famous guild is gone... you're just a nobody on your realm. My guild was replaced by different guilds and I didn't knew a single one of them
Luckily on my home server (biggest german RP server) this was never the case. even today there are still many people from vanilla and they hold high positions in the guilds.

I was quite a known player in vanilla, expecially because I led the horde PVP players for quite some time (which you had to do, if you wanted the highest ranks). I basically quit being a hardcore player midway black temple

after that I only played every new expansion for 1 or 2 months. but there were alwayse some of the old players around to invite me for the raid content.

CassSept

On Kael'thas I found what helps is to fight the first two of his minions on the stage and then run towards the entrance of his room to fight the lady that disorients before running back up to meet the fourth guy. That way when he resurrects the group you can either quickly kill off the three up on the stage and then just deal with her solo or try to burst her down hopefully before a disorient and then deal with the other three more easily. Also, not sure what class you are but don't have a pet/minion out after that as he'll mind control if there's anyone other than you fighting him.

It's not that bad of a fight once you get used to its couple quirks.

And I'd almost say that in design and spectacle I'd put Tempest Keep below most all the other BC raids, aside from Mag, Gruul's, and possibly Hyjal. The last boss of Hyjal definitely wowed me when I first went with a group of 80s going through older content.
Archimonde is interesting but what came before is among the worst raiding experiences of the entire game.

If I could chime in, about Kael, this is how I'd suggest it in details:

First advisor walks slowly, so pull him to the bottom left corner of the room. That way you will have quite some time before he comes back to the platform.
Second advisor, he has normal run speed so pull him to the bottom right corner of the room.
Run quickly to the third advisor, pop some speed cooldowns if you have such so she doesn't get too far from her activation point. Burn her where she stands.
Fourth advisor, I los'd him behind the left pillar so I could get a few seconds on the third phase before he casts the first Toy.

Now, after the timer for resurrection runs out burst the living hell out of the caster, I found her to be by far the most dangerous due to how long Pyro disorients you. You may pop some cooldowns to help you, this is the best moment. Once she is dead it gets easier. Kill Lord Sanguinar, because he has the second most dangerous cc (you will get stuns from toy for over half a minute more so it's better to first get rid of fear than engineer). Once he is dead, move to Telonicus. Once dead, run around the room for a minute to wait for toy to end, finish off Thaladred, move to Kael. All.

I had to have a couple of tries but that was the best order I settled on.

Bisnic

Is it just me, or dailies reward more VP now?

The only way they would give more VP is that one of your character maxed his valor cap for the week, which gives 50% more VP for the rest of your characters until it reset every tuesday. So, 7-8 VP per dailies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Long story
/end

I have noticed that too. In Vanilla (and to a lesser extent TBC) I knew most of the people on my server. A lot of it comes from there not being server transfers in the beginning, and no LFG/LFR. Whatever server you picked when signing up you were stuck on unless you rerolled on another server, so you kind of were forced to get to know people. Now that I can't play that much I find the automated grouping processes very nice, but it does destroy most of the personal element. Most of the groups I do now no one even talks. I don't know any of the random people I run by in town anymore.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They do have some pretty terrible drop rates... but to be fair I did run them on five characters.

I did Karazhan on two characters, got lil wolf twice and nothing else. YAY RNG!

I did get both the pets I actually want from TK, though (void guy and fel reaver)

Bisnic

Need two more secrets to finish the quest. Do first two wings of LFR. Zero secrets acquired.

Fuck this game.

I just got that quest(fuck the 2 BGs prior to that), and its not even a 100% chance to drop? :(

What's the next quest after this? Gather 10 fingers from Lei Shen with only a 10% chance to drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom