• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Man Fistweaving can pull some big burst damage, it's kinda crazy. Been doing heroic scenarios with a monk friend for the past few days and he constantly out-DPSes the PuG we have with us. Especially when cleaving is involved, he did 80k dps on the final boss in A Brewing Storm, 33k of that being Xuen, did more damage than some fury warrior with us (which is sad on it's own right I guess).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I just got that quest(fuck the 2 BGs prior to that), and its not even a 100% chance to drop? :(

What's the next quest after this? Gather 10 fingers from Lei Shen with only a 10% chance to drop?

lol seriously? There that big a deal to warrant even that much of a response? After getting only 3k valor I was like "2 bgs? cinch, lets do it"

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
lol seriously? There that big a deal to warrant even that much of a response? After getting only 3k valor I was like "2 bgs? cinch, lets do it"

I hate PVP and BGs. Alliance suck at it. Watching people ignore orbs and just focusing on killing random Horde is frustrating. And I have like 2 pieces of PVP gear. So yeah, I didn't like losing 5 BGs in a row.

Well, could have been worse. Back when people in PVE gear took a lot more damage.

Draxal

I hate PVP and BGs. Alliance suck at it. Watching people ignore orbs and just focusing on killing random Horde is frustrating. And I have like 2 pieces of PVP gear. So yeah, I didn't like losing 5 BGs in a row.

Well, could have been worse. Back when people in PVE gear took a lot more damage.

I just did this yesterday too. 6 attempts at Kotmogu 1 Shards ally side.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Alliance and Horde are equally bad, dont kid yourself.

Usually whoever wins is the team whos further along gearing.

I just got that quest(fuck the 2 BGs prior to that), and its not even a 100% chance to drop? :(

What's the next quest after this? Gather 10 fingers from Lei Shen with only a 10% chance to drop?

It's actually 12 fingers =P, and the drop rate is probably godawful too.

Did the last two wings. One secret. So one secret for 12 bosses this week, to bump me up to 19/20. Shit like this makes me want to delete the 19 I have. Delete my character. Uninstall. Unsub. So much nerd rage. Soooooooooo much.

AFKevin

Neo Member
So, I'm a fresh 90 Hunter on Boulderfist, which is a somewhat dying server from what i can see and I need some guidance. I was finally able to hit level 90 on a character and i'm not sure what my focus should be and what goals to go for. I'm trying to get in a bigger guild that does raids and what not to start doing those, as i have yet to experience one. I'm sure LFR will help for that... but i'm more or less at a loss right now.

I can keep doing the quests in Pandaria just to finish the storyline while i wait for groups, but i want to have a goal of trying to gear myself up for end game content, but not sure where to start

Is there certain rep i should grind or mobs i should go after for items? Any help on a starting point would be greatly appreciated.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I ended up with 4 secrets after my first week, so I'm totally par for the course at this point. If i were to get 0 in 2 wings straight though I would be pretty god damn bothered, though.

Last week was also my first ToT week for my monk. 12 bosses, bonus rolls on all 5 tier bosses: 2 pieces of loot total, none of it tier tokens. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalls.

Although I can't really complain, my very first ToT kill got me weapon (horridon agi staff) without a bonus roll.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So, I'm a fresh 90 Hunter on Boulderfist, which is a somewhat dying server from what i can see and I need some guidance. I was finally able to hit level 90 on a character and i'm not sure what my focus should be and what goals to go for. I'm trying to get in a bigger guild that does raids and what not to start doing those, as i have yet to experience one. I'm sure LFR will help for that... but i'm more or less at a loss right now.

I can keep doing the quests in Pandaria just to finish the storyline while i wait for groups, but i want to have a goal of trying to gear myself up for end game content, but not sure where to start

Is there certain rep i should grind or mobs i should go after for items? Any help on a starting point would be greatly appreciated.

Do Isle of Thunder stuff, it's the newest piece of lvl 90 daily content. The rep there lets you buy an epic 476 belt with gold instead of valor, and the island itself is now the primary source of bonus roll tokens for the non-ToT raids.

Other than that, do heroics for blue 463 gear. You can also buy crafted blue 458 pvp gear for cheap, and that can help boost your ilvl up to being able to queue for lfr stuff quickly.

Forgot to add: Your first Valor purchase should be the 522 neck. It has no rep requirement (technically neutral) and will have the largest ilvl/power increase available to a fresh 90.

Bisnic

It's actually 12 fingers =P, and the drop rate is probably godawful too.

Did the last two wings. One secret. So one secret for 12 bosses this week, to bump me up to 19/20. Shit like this makes me want to delete the 19 I have. Delete my character. Uninstall. Unsub. So much nerd rage. Soooooooooo much.

I'm up to a point where my mage is only missing upgrades from 2 wings of ToT. So I'll have to do 2 wings with nothing worth it for me just so I MIGHT get one or two secrets. Ugh. Why am I doing all this again? For a future legendary weapon that will only be good until the next expansion is released? Damn, that's what MMOs are, I know, but this thing has been going on since September 2012 lol.

I'm up to a point where my mage is only missing upgrades from 2 wings of ToT. So I'll have to do 2 wings with nothing worth it for me just so I MIGHT get one or two secrets. Ugh. Why am I doing all this again? For a future legendary weapon that will only be good until the next expansion is released? Damn, that's what MMOs are, I know, but this thing has been going on since September 2012 lol.

While the legendary stuff may have started when MoP launched you're not just getting an eventual weapon. There's the first gem (which many have moved past, now), there's the weapon socket you can add to most weapons you'd be using at this point, there's the meta that accounts for 5-10% of everyone's DPS that has it, there'll be a 600 ilvl cape that can now be earned with 5.3 I believe, and then lastly you'll get some crazy good weapon.

So it's not like you've been putting all this effort in for a year only to get a single weapon out of it.

Tarazet

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2221-brand-new-90-heres-your-53-to-do-list/

ZenaxPure

While the legendary stuff may have started when MoP launched you're not just getting an eventual weapon. There's the first gem (which many have moved past, now), there's the weapon socket you can add to most weapons you'd be using at this point, there's the meta that accounts for 5-10% of everyone's DPS that has it, there'll be a 600 ilvl cape that can now be earned with 5.3 I believe, and then lastly you'll get some crazy good weapon.

So it's not like you've been putting all this effort in for a year only to get a single weapon out of it.

Yeah, that, and it's a legendary thing. I find it silly to complain about it simply because if this was any other expansion most people in this thread wouldn't ever even dream of doing the quest chain anyway.

Now everyone just gets to experience the same grand time sink together, it's just there are multiple and you get rewards every time. The legendary meta gem is easily worth all the time/effort that went into the parts before it, it's a really powerful item.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I just did this yesterday too. 6 attempts at Kotmogu 1 Shards ally side.
I'm stuck on this quest as well. kotmogu I won first try, but have 20+ losses in shards. Alliance pure stinks in my battlegroup. Came close once today with a loss at 1500+ points.

Tarazet

No. I mean, just looking at it mathematically, 25% less damage is far, far greater than 20% reduced damage on 33% uptime.

Blood is just built to take more damage than anyone else, because they're also built to self-heal more than anyone else. When you factor out the 8M additional self-healing he did, you're left with a mere 2M damage discrepancy that the healers had to cover, which probably is small enough for the meta to account for.

So here's another log. Our Iron Qon kill.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gnztb3pmgpnce0yb/sum/damageTaken/?s=8891&e=9588

Difference in damage taken was about 30% between us, and about 14M numerically. (DK got killed during a period of low damage because a healer lagged.) He self healed around 11M more. It's got to be Tooth and Claw that's making the difference - I don't see anywhere in the log how much damage it's absorbing, but I hit it pretty much every chance I get so I'm sure it's a ton.

So I was soloing ICC as usual for Shadowfrost Shards, and I'm doing BQL, and I notice her HP is a bit high for how much time is left on enrage. Am I just not getting enough vengeance this week for some reason? Hmm- oh shit, it's still on heroic. Luckily blood DKs are OP + cooldowns = tank the enrage for a bit and get ridiculous (compared to other things in ICC) vengeance and win =D. Guess I can add her to the list of bosses I do on heroic #feelsgoodman

Sciz

So here's another log. Our Iron Qon kill.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gnztb3pmgpnce0yb/sum/damageTaken/?s=8891&e=9588

Difference in damage taken was about 30% between us, and about 14M numerically. (DK got killed during a period of low damage because a healer lagged.) He self healed around 11M more. It's got to be Tooth and Claw that's making the difference - I don't see anywhere in the log how much damage it's absorbing, but I hit it pretty much every chance I get so I'm sure it's a ton.

I'm not super-familiar with bears, but since T&C is a debuff on the target, shouldn't he be benefiting from it just as much as you are?

Tarazet

I'm not super-familiar with bears, but since T&C is a debuff on the target, shouldn't he be benefiting from it just as much as you are?

No, it only works for the Druid that applies the debuff. It stacks, so you can get a nice bubble going before you take threat, but when you're tanking you'll very rarely get to stack it.

Westlo

<3 new patches, up from 450k to 632k already after a week, and I spent like 20k to finish this xmog. (well I need lofty gloves, when they go on the AH for 2k)

WoWScrnShot_052913_155911_zps42acd617.jpg

Resil gems died in the ass this patch though, feel bad for anyone stocking up on them.

Need two more secrets to finish the quest. Do first two wings of LFR. Zero secrets acquired.

Fuck this game.

I was super excited today. I was 8/12, and remembered my first week getting them, thinking maybe I could get 4 before Lei-Shen and actually finishing it off this week. I'm so, so tired of ToT LFR.

Got one on gigantic eyeball, did not get one on Gollum, got one on the Animus. 10/12! This is still doable!

And then I didn't get one at all for Pinnacle. FUCK. At least one more week before I'm done with this abomination.

Oh well. 25 man seems to be suiting us better. We one shot Horridon (last week it took three or four attempts) and when people needed to leave, we changed it into 10 man for our first Council kill. Slow progress, but it's much faster than before, so that's something.

Sciz

No, it only works for the Druid that applies the debuff. It stacks, so you can get a nice bubble going before you take threat, but when you're tanking you'll very rarely get to stack it.

Ah.

Looking at damage taken by spell, it looks like he took a little more than you did from pretty much everything, which is in line with the discrepancy in flat damage reduction between blood presence and bear form. Notable exception: melee swings, where he ate an extra ten million.

Robin64

So the unannounced feature we've heard hints about is due to arrive in 5.4.

The couple of hints I think are tied to this are Ghostcrawler saying that people want reason to do old world stuff and that there should be some gear progression for non-raiders.

Thus, my idea of what it might be (which is no doubt way off the mark but I think would be cool and address both those hints):

A new type of gear will be added in 5.4, "NPC Crafted", where they require special items from creatures around the world to make it. To see those drops, you need to have a spell cast on you. That spell levels you down to the zones you are in, to make the combat appropriate.

strafer

I'm thinking of doing a race change to a female blood elf.

I have five or six transmog ideas that really doesn't fit on my Male Orc.

Berordn

I'm thinking of doing a race change to a female blood elf.

I have five or six transmog ideas that really doesn't fit on my Male Orc.

If I had any confidence in Blizzard acting nice on their promise of updated character models I'd say wait for those before jumping into a race change.

But I'm still not convinced we're going to see those this year.

Anoregon

If I had any confidence in Blizzard acting nice on their promise of updated character models I'd say wait for those before jumping into a race change.

But I'm still not convinced we're going to see those this year.

I think there's virtually no chance we will see them before the launch of the next xpac.

Bisnic

Everyone expect the classic models update to be one of their biggest hyping point of the next xpac, even if its free for everyone including those that do not buy it right away, just like the Azeroth update from Cataclysm.

Tarazet

Ah.

Looking at damage taken by spell, it looks like he took a little more than you did from pretty much everything, which is in line with the discrepancy in flat damage reduction between blood presence and bear form. Notable exception: melee swings, where he ate an extra ten million.

Yeah, that's the thing that blows my mind. We took almost the same amount of damage from Impale, within a couple of percentage points, which tells you we had similar active time. But I took 5M from melee hits and he took 15M, and I wasn't even using Savage Defense. I have 12% base physical damage reduction from Thick Hide; he has 10% from Blood Presence. He has 20.7% total avoidance stats, I have 19.3%. Not a large difference there.

I do have 130K armor to his 55K and also the legendary meta, but I doubt that would account for reducing my melee damage intake by almost 2/3. It has to be T&C.

Pollux

I'm this close to resubbing...how good is pandaria and the other new stuff?

Edit: optimizing files or w/e it's called right now. It's still at 0.0% after around 10-15 minutes...is that normal?

Nugg

I'm this close to resubbing...how good is pandaria and the other new stuff?

Edit: optimizing files or w/e it's called right now. It's still at 0.0% after around 10-15 minutes...is that normal?

I guess it's normal, it can take a while depending on how long you didn't play.

Pandaria stuff is pretty great, totally worth resubbing, even if only for a couple of months

Berordn

I think there's virtually no chance we will see them before the launch of the next xpac.

Everyone expect the classic models update to be one of their biggest hyping point of the next xpac, even if its free for everyone including those that do not buy it right away, just like the Azeroth update from Cataclysm.

I'm mostly saying I don't trust them not to have a year long wait for the next expansion ;)

Pollux

I guess it's normal, it can take a while depending on how long you didn't play.

Pandaria stuff is pretty great, totally worth resubbing, even if only for a couple of months

Good to know, I think i'll finally give in and jump after this download is done.

Speaking of which...still at 0.0% so maybe my internet is fucked. Which makes no sense considering I'm on GAF and surfing the web and everything else is working just fine.

Bisnic

I'm mostly saying I don't trust them not to have a year long wait for the next expansion ;)

Well, when 5.4 is suppose to be the "last" patch, and I expect it to launch around September/early October, I doubt that the expansion will launch in summer 2014.

Anoregon

Well, when 5.4 is suppose to be the "last" patch, and I expect it to launch around September/early October, I doubt that the expansion will launch in summer 2014.

Well, a bunch of people did get moved from Titan to other teams, so maybe development on the next xpac is moving along extra fast :p

5.4 in late sept/early oct actually seems late to me. I'd expect it more like mid-august, with PTR going up sometime in the next month. Good timing for blizzcon, too. Let Pandaria be "done" for a month or so and then show the next xpac off.

Pollux

Did you disable P2P download? Could just be interfering with that.

Possibly, I ended up just deleting and redownloading the game client. At around 50% now so it appears to be working.

Is the GAF guild dead or are people still playing it?

On top of getting one secret out of all of ToT this week, I've now had a chance to use six bonus rolls on Iron Qon since they added that "bad luck streak protection" on rolls last week. Nothing! RNG gods shitting on me so bad :<

Berordn

On top of getting one secret out of all of ToT this week, I've now had a chance to use six bonus rolls on Iron Qon since they added that "bad luck streak protection" on rolls last week. Nothing! RNG gods shitting on me so bad :<

I've gotten fewer drops in LFR after 5.3 than I ever have. I don't think they're doing it right.

So the unannounced feature we've heard hints about is due to arrive in 5.4.

The couple of hints I think are tied to this are Ghostcrawler saying that people want reason to do old world stuff and that there should be some gear progression for non-raiders.

Thus, my idea of what it might be (which is no doubt way off the mark but I think would be cool and address both those hints):

A new type of gear will be added in 5.4, "NPC Crafted", where they require special items from creatures around the world to make it. To see those drops, you need to have a spell cast on you. That spell levels you down to the zones you are in, to make the combat appropriate.

Level scaling may not be all that resource intensive for them to implement but that still seems like too much stuff for a patch and more of an expansion style update. But I do expect some sort of scaling to hit old content to make old dungeons/raids interesting again. And I'm fairly certain they've talked about similar concepts fairly recently (might have been that live chat they did a month ago?). I wonder if they'd prefer to scale gear down or scale bosses up for it? I guess by scaling players down they can get a better idea of how people would accept smaller numbers when dealing damage for the eventual item squish?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So I posted a while back asking how to equip my newly minted 90 DK and have now gotten into Scenarios and such. However, doing the dailies all over Pandaria is getting to be a chore, and I'm not sure if there's one or two factions I should concentrate on in order to get better geared for Heroics.

Should I just juggled all of them, or concentrate on a few? Opinions?

cdyhybrid

So I posted a while back asking how to equip my newly minted 90 DK and have now gotten into Scenarios and such. However, doing the dailies all over Pandaria is getting to be a chore, and I'm not sure if there's one or two factions I should concentrate on in order to get better geared for Heroics.

Do The Tillers so you can access your personal farm. Other than that, none of them are really mandatory other than Shado-Pan Assault, which only has a weekly quest (most of your rep gain with them will be through raiding Throne of Thunder). You don't really need to gear up for Heroics dungeons - if you can get into them you'll be fine. A lot of the people running them are overgeared for them so they can just carry you through.

Tarazet

Don't bother. Just follow this guide:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2221-brand-new-90-heres-your-53-to-do-list/

Berordn

I just can't see Blizzard sacrificing the cash cow that are paid server/faction transfers.

If it's something you have to work for, maybe. They keep dissolving the lines between servers and factions so I can't imagine that the war between the Alliance and the Horde is going to last much longer.

If nothing else it's going to be focused on the Burning Legion for a while anyway.

RPGCrazied

WTF, even with the new protection rolls thingy, I simply cannot get the sha touched weapon from the empress. Fought her 3 times today, used charms, got nothing but gold and failbags with gold.

I just got the +500 agli gem today too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom