• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqwarlock

Has this been mentioned in the thread?:

I may have to take advantage of this and move a couple things around...

6841_10151592888904034_1596448820_n.jpg

Fucking...right after I transferred my rogue off Sargeras. Oh well, might move and faction change my Pally from Illidan to Sargeras since that's my Alliance alt server now.

I just completed it.

What I did is kited the adds with spinning crane kick and chi wave and Xuen. I dropped down healing spheres constantly, and just went at him hard when I could when there weren't adds.

It's rough, but doable.

Clipse

But double stat food

LFR is as far as I go raiding-wise, so the double stat bonus isn't a big deal for me.

Just finished playing around in the in-game dressing room and a lot of the rogue tier sets look awful on a male Pandaren. Guess I'm sticking with my gob for now.

ZenaxPure

Just finished playing around in the in-game dressing room and all the rogue tier sets look awful on a male Pandaren. Guess I'm sticking with my gob for now.

fix'd ;D

But yeah, Pandas look pretty bad in armor sets, I made my hunter a Panda on day one to buy the mounts and his WWE belt got even bigger on that fat tummy so I had to immediately transmog it into something else.

Clipse

Didn't they improve Sha & Galleon drop rates this patch? Haven't gotten anything from either in over 3 weeks, yet I'm swimming in ToT/Oon/Nalak loot. Still trying to finish the T14 normal-mode set for transmog.

Ultratech

Didn't they improve Sha & Galleon drop rates this patch? Haven't gotten anything from either in over 3 weeks, yet I'm swimming in ToT/Oon/Nalak loot. Still trying to finish the T14 normal-mode set for transmog.

No idea.

I've just been getting Gold and PvP crap from them mostly.

Oondasta was nice to me today though and gave me a 522 chest and ring. :D

ZenaxPure

I don't think they ever touched Sha and Galleon drop rates did they? Like even back when they buffed T14 LFR drop rates I thought they left those 2 guys alone.

Has this been mentioned in the thread?:

I may have to take advantage of this and move a couple things around...

6841_10151592888904034_1596448820_n.jpg

Yeah, had two guildies today say they were transferring servers now.

My guild is pretty much dead. I'm not gonna decide on what to do till after E3 though. Too much going on.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, had two guildies today say they were transferring servers now.

My guild is pretty much dead. I'm not gonna decide on what to do till after E3 though. Too much going on.

I would love to take advantage of this, but, ignoring for a sec I don't really have the cash for it I also still want to xfer every character on my server + my guild. Hope they release a way to do a combined package at some point in the future.

But, somehow I imagine by the time that option comes they will have come up with a decent solution for population problems, so it won't even matter. Kinda wish they would honestly since I'm playing on one of the original servers and would hate to leave despite it crashing and burning at an alarming rate since Cata and MoP.

I would love to take advantage of this, but, ignoring for a sec I don't really have the cash for it I also still want to xfer every character on my server + my guild. Hope they release a way to do a combined package at some point in the future.

But, somehow I imagine by the time that option comes they will have come up with a decent solution for population problems, so it won't even matter. Kinda wish they would honestly since I'm playing on one of the original servers and would hate to leave despite it crashing and burning at an alarming rate since Cata and MoP.

Heh. You're on Suramar too?

ZenaxPure

Heh. You're on Suramar too?

Doomhammer(US) actually. It's been brutal, just in the last month we lost our top 2 guilds to other servers, one of which was generally in the top 20 to 50 US in a lot of tiers. My guild abandoned ship at the start of the expansion as well (we were in the top 5 on the server all last expansion).

There isn't a single hardcore raiding guild left on the server currently. Quite a shame to see one of the oldest servers die out like this because everyone is running off to high pop servers, literally everyone I knew on the server pre Cata is on different servers now.

I have a couple of alts on the server my guild moved to and it's kind of like night and day really. Bustling trade chat, plenty of pug raids, achievement runs, etc. I'd say I am jealous of it but at the same time there is actually more benefits to being on a mid-low pop server than negatives if you don't do real raiding.

ElfArmy177

Hm... does that include race change? My 2 mains are female draeneis, and i almost want to change my mage to something like a dwarf in preparation to the upcoming model update, and just because i want 2 different races.

My paladin will stick to female draenei, as the CrystalForge set and the Aldori Legacy Defender shield fits too perfectly.

Wait, this is confirmed now? Last I heard they said noone wanted their models updated because they were "used to them". But I heard it from a friend so it could have been bullshit.

ZenaxPure

Wait, this is confirmed now? Last I heard they said noone wanted their models updated because they were "used to them". But I heard it from a friend so it could have been bullshit.

It was confirmed around the start of MoP that we would be getting them. We just don't know when since apparently brand new models take a while to make and they have to make 16 total and there is no way they are going to release one without the others.

ElfArmy177

It was confirmed around the start of MoP that we would be getting them. We just don't know when since apparently brand new models take a while to make and they have to make 16 total and there is no way they are going to release one without the others.

Something tells me we wont see them until the next expansion, in late 2014. By that point who cares, Ill be playing something else. Blizzard time is annoying, made more annoying by them announcing things years and years before its finished/released.

That, and they will use the updated models as a carrot for those who unsubbed for next expansion.

ZenaxPure

By that point who cares.

Plenty of us, but, that is besides the point because there is no real reason to expect the next expansion by the end of 2014. Yeah sure they fucked up in wrath and Cata really bad with their timing, but, they have also shown in Mists that they can crank out content really fast. We already have the same amount of patches as Cataclysm. But, even then it's not just that we are going to have more patches, but, have more of literally everything with the exception of 5 mans. More raid bosses, more loot, more group content, more mounts, more item models, more quests, more achievements, new features, etc. etc.

Considering the next patch is going to the PTR soon and will probably be out within 2-3 months, having the expansion nearly 12 to 13 months after that would be going against literally every thing they have been doing in MoP and would actually be slower than previous expansions which doesn't even make sense.

On the topic of actual models though, it's very true they might take a while to make. They outright said the Pandaren models took months to make. Shouldn't be surprising to anyone either considering unlike NPC models player models have more animations and they have to make sure literally every armor model in the game fits and doesn't bug out. That's a huge undertaking for a game as old as WoW, and, they are making at a minimum 16 of these fuckers. I pity their artists to be honest.

ZenaxPure

I peg the models will show up at Blizzcon and the expansion will be Spring 2014.

This is what I am thinking as well. Models at Blizzcon and then added in either 5.5 (if that happens) or 6.0. Realistic guess for the next expansion would be what, April or May? Somewhere around there I bet, 5.4 in August or September at the latest and then 5.5 or not, 6.0 at 7-9 months after 5.4 (which would actually put it close to 4.3 -> MoP anyway so maybe it will be earlier).

If the next expansion was at the end of 2014 (which is kinda vague anyway, so let's say - November?) That would be like 15ish months after when 5.4 is likely going live, that would be literally the slowest blizz has ever put out an expansion after a patch.

mclem

If the next expansion was at the end of 2014 (which is kinda vague anyway, so let's say - November?) That would be like 15ish months after when 5.4 is likely going live, that would be literally the slowest blizz has ever put out an expansion after a patch.

If that were to happen, I'd be amazed if they didn't throw a Sunwell into the fray to alleviate the wait.

Westlo

If that were to happen, I'd be amazed if they didn't throw a Sunwell into the fray to alleviate the wait.

Haven't they pretty much said they'll have "something" after the SoO patch? Still no way it's late 2014 unless they want to see loss of subs that made the last report look nice in comparison.

These quicker patch cycles and expansions should've been the case from the start, hopefully it stays like this from now on.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Haven't they pretty much said they'll have "something" after the SoO patch? Still no way it's 2014 unless they want to see loss of subs that made the last report look nice in comparison.

These quicker patch cycles and expansions should've been the case from the start, hopefully it stays like this from now on.

I could see them actually going the way of TBC and have a really early Q1 release for the expansion at the rate they're progressing. With the way Pandaria has been constructed it almost acts as the prelude to it in more ways than prior expansions have interacted with its successor so it'd make sense from a content construction viewpoint that they would be further along. Especially now that more of the Titan workforce are back helping out while that game is undergoing a revision phase.

ZenaxPure

Haven't they pretty much said they'll have "something" after the SoO patch? Still no way it's 2014 unless they want to see loss of subs that made the last report look nice in comparison.

They've sort of hinted at a 5.5 but I don't think they've directly confirmed it or anything.

If there is one though I assume it would be similar to 5.1 or 5.3 and not a raid patch, probably more lead in to the next xpac.

CassSept

Where did the whole idea that Sunwell was "thrown in" arise? It was talked about since the release of TBC, it's outright stated in a quest in 2.1 that Kael survives TK and is summoning Kil'Jaeden, there are demons in Manaforges that indicate Kael's belves had allied with Burning Legion.

There is no real climax of the expansion (well, there was no in Vanilla but unlike TBC there wasn't any overarching plot either), the point of Kael harvesting mana in Netherstorm is never explained (unlike other plotlines in TBC), Blood Elf arc is just left hanging (yeah it's not unusual for blizz to just cut plotlines, but it's still notable). Even the title of the expansion makes no sense.

Sunwell is the culmination of the entire expansion, the raid, instance and island are all very well designed and thought-out, yet people always treat 2.4 as a throwaway patch. Why?

TheYanger

Sunwell was shown at Blizzcon 2007, like the year BC came out, in the dungeons and raids panel showing how they do dungeon plans. It just had lists of all of the bosses for all of the zones, with one last one that was 6 blank boxes (the number of bosses in sunwell). Like, there's no way they just 'made up' sunwell in a couple months to toss us a bone.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Sunwell was in the original vision of TBC, however Illidan was more familiar as a face so be was the one focused on rather than Kil'Jaeden leading into the expansion.

sqwarlock

What are the best lore-based videos on YouTube at the moment? I feel like I need a refresher, and I don't feel like reading so I'd rather just listen to someone explaining things.

I really need to take advantage of this sale and find a realm with a large guild to join. I've been on Tichondrius ally forever but can't find a guild with 50+ people on at most times. I don't really do things with groups, just screw around solo but I love seeing a lot of people logged into the guild, lol

cdyhybrid

Ugh, decisions. Level up my Pally from 41 as a tank or start gathering tank gear on my already-90 DK. How much harder is DK tanking than Pally tanking? What about DPS? DK doesn't seem incredibly difficult. I got the impression that Prot Pallies are super-mega-faceroll-OP from other people.

Berordn

Ugh, decisions. Level up my Pally from 41 as a tank or start gathering tank gear on my already-90 DK. How much harder is DK tanking than Pally tanking? What about DPS? DK doesn't seem incredibly difficult. I got the impression that Prot Pallies are super-mega-faceroll-OP from other people.

It's pretty hard to be a bad Protadin, I readily admit.

It is easy to stop paying attention to the fight and get smacked because you missed a cooldown, but that's not unique to any of the tanks. Prot Paladins as a spec are pretty idiotproof.

Pop

How worthwhile is it to start WoW again?

I haven't played in about 4 months, been busy. Now I have free time again. While I love WoW, it has broken my heart in the past numerous times or just became extremely stale. Whatcha guys say?

sqwarlock

I haven't played in about 4 months, been busy. Now I have free time again. While I love WoW, it has broken my heart in the past numerous times or just became extremely stale. Whatcha guys say?

I hadn't played since mid-Cata and just came back a little over a month ago. I'm tempted to say that this is the best WoW's ever been.

ZenaxPure

I think you have to be more specific than that. Most people still posting in a WoW thread are having fun with the game, so your answer is mostly going to be yeah the game is fun.

P.S. the game is fun still.

cdyhybrid

It's pretty hard to be a bad Protadin, I readily admit.

It is easy to stop paying attention to the fight and get smacked because you missed a cooldown, but that's not unique to any of the tanks. Prot Paladins as a spec are pretty idiotproof.

Guess I'll keep leveling him up. I'm starting to run out of things to do on my Monk so I have more time to devote to other characters. Can always just keep my DK as my third character to gear up once I'm done with my Pally. Always nice to have options for when a new patch/expansion hits.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I hadn't played since mid-Cata and just came back a little over a month ago. I'm tempted to say that this is the best WoW's ever been.

Yup. Quit a month into cata, resubbed recently and just made it to Pandaria myself. Been an absolute blast so far.

CassSept

Co-signed, and I say that as a disgruntled TBC raider. It's amazing how much they rebounded and I stick to what I said before 5.2 - if they keep it up it'll be the best WoW expansion yet. And they sure are doing exactly that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Patch 5.4 Legendary Item
The furthest anyone has gotten is to receive the 600 ilvl cloak that was implemented this patch (I believe?). The actually weapon, I'm assuming, won't come out until 5.4.
You're certain it's a weapon? ;)

Legendary item to be a mount confirmed. Maybe something that will look like Wrathion's dragon form, whatever it might be?

sqwarlock

Legendary item to be a mount confirmed. Maybe something that will look like Wrathion's dragon form, whatever it might be?

Legendary item will allow you to become a new aspect, and therefore you'll be able to switch to dragon form at will when out of combat. Your character's specific details (hair style/color, earrings/facial hair/etc.) will determine what your dragon form looks like.

Will never happen lol

ZenaxPure

Well, they did add 3 fucking amazing helmet models last patch that still haven't showed up in game. So a hat wouldn't surprise me to be honest, also a mount + an item wouldn't surprise me either.

Not saying it will happen but a mount could be a good companion piece to show that you finished the quest chain expansions down the line when you aren't using any of that gear anymore.

Legendary item will allow you to become a new aspect, and therefore you'll be able to switch to dragon form at will when out of combat.

To be fair the legendary staff from Cata is like half that.

Didn't GC straight up say "its a weapon"

No, no one at Blizz has said it's a weapon yet. During the live Q and A someone asked about it but Blizz specifically said "You will get a legendary item". They haven't outright said weapon.

No, no one at Blizz has said it's a weapon yet. During the live Q and A someone asked about it but Blizz specifically said "You will get a legendary item". They haven't outright said weapon.

I'd argue it could be open to interpretation. It could just be poorly written and you're correct. Here's the quote from the chat:

Will there be a final legendary weapon in mop? Or will we just get legendary power through many different items?
Oh hellz yeah. You're getting a glorious orange item. Wrathion is true to his word.

With us already being able to get a bunch of orange items through the legendary quest chain I take the "Oh hellz yeah" to be in reply to a final legendary weapon since we've already been getting "glorious orange items."

Touchdown

Banned
Well, they did add 3 fucking amazing helmet models last patch that still haven't showed up in game. So a hat wouldn't surprise me to be honest, also a mount + an item wouldn't surprise me either.

Not saying it will happen but a mount could be a good companion piece to show that you finished the quest chain expansions down the line when you aren't using any of that gear anymore.

To be fair the legendary staff from Cata is like half that.

I thought it was going to be that helm that showed up on mmo-champion some time ago. It looked pretty legendary at least. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom