• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

No, you left me Wibble! Was too busy reading Gaf and cooking dinner to respond to you v_v

But yeah, I have glory of the cataclysm hero (Got it early in cata like a pro! Was so much fun) but I don't mind helping you get those whenever. Should be pretty easy at this point.

No, you left me Wibble! Was too busy reading Gaf and cooking dinner to respond to you v_v

But yeah, I have glory of the cataclysm hero (Got it early in cata like a pro! Was so much fun) but I don't mind helping you get those whenever. Should be pretty easy at this point.

Haha, have to leave soon to spend the evening with the girlfriend. Wasn't planning on doing much more for the day anyhow.

I expect two people could probably crush through the Glory of the Cataclysm Hero stuff fairly easily and a third would make them all super easy. I'll likely check with my guild first to see if I can get people who need it so you're not running through everything for achievements you've already completed.

I still need to do 25m Flame Leviathan achievement for the last part of that meta. How many people are needed for that? After that I'm done with Ulduar aside from mount runs against Yogg. And it seems that might not be too terrible to do if we believe the guy that was with us today.

If you're free tomorrow perhaps we can finish up the ICC stuff we missed out on. And if Ronin is free? Just read that after the first five bosses or so when you reach the three wings we can head right over to the Portal Jockey wing so that should be fairly quick to get to. Suppose I should consider working on the 25m meta there, too. Urgh.

And if anyone else here is interested in working on any of these metas or whatever just add me on Real ID. I'm always up for this stuff: LordWibble#1924 (is that where the # goes?).

ZenaxPure

I still need to do 25m Flame Leviathan achievement for the last part of that meta. How many people are needed for that? After that I'm done with Ulduar aside from mount runs against Yogg. And it seems that might not be too terrible to do if we believe the guy that was with us today.

Flame levi probably isn't too terrible if we prepare ahead of time, I've done it before solo but not with all the towers up.

As for that one guy with us today, he seemed a bit.... slow? Yeah, I dunno, just mostly coming from personal experience Yogg 0 lights is really annoying on 10 man with 2 or 3 people, never really tried 25 man because of those experiences.

Ultratech

Haha, have to leave soon to spend the evening with the girlfriend. Wasn't planning on doing much more for the day anyhow.

I expect two people could probably crush through the Glory of the Cataclysm Hero stuff fairly easily and a third would make them all super easy. I'll likely check with my guild first to see if I can get people who need it so you're not running through everything for achievements you've already completed.

If you're free tomorrow perhaps we can finish up the ICC stuff we missed out on. And if Ronin is free? Just read that after the first five bosses or so when you reach the three wings we can head right over to the Portal Jockey wing so that should be fairly quick to get to. Suppose I should consider working on the 25m meta there, too. Urgh.

And if anyone else here is interested in working on any of these metas or whatever just add me on Real ID. I'm always up for this stuff: LordWibble#1924 (is that where the # goes?).

I should probably work on finishing Glory of the Hero/Cataclysm Hero, so I might hit you up.

25m Flame Leviathan isn't too bad with a decent group. Used to get that all the time doing Ulduar runs on OpenRaid. (I'd lol at all the achieves you could get from that single fight.)

ICC Meta isn't hard except for Blood Queen and "Been Waiting a Long Time For This".
The former takes at least 2 runs minimum (and can be a pain to get), and the latter takes quite a while.

I should probably work on finishing Glory of the Hero/Cataclysm Hero, so I might hit you up.

25m Flame Leviathan isn't too bad with a decent group. Used to get that all the time doing Ulduar runs on OpenRaid. (I'd lol at all the achieves you could get from that single fight.)

ICC Meta isn't hard except for Blood Queen and "Been Waiting a Long Time For This".
The former takes at least 2 runs minimum (and can be a pain to get), and the latter takes quite a while.

Suggested tomorrow but then realized E3 conferences are tomorrow. I'll possibly hop on later in the evening after the last one. Tuesday I'm free until around 3pm Pacific and then won't be back until closer to midnight. I'm sure we can work out a good time do run through some of this older content.

CassSept

Just a hint, you need a third person to finish the entire Glory of the Cataclysm Hero, otherwise you won't do the first achievement in Halls of Origination :)

Other than that, it's mostly easy for 2 players in MoP gear.

Just a hint, you need a third person to finish the entire Glory of the Cataclysm Hero, otherwise you won't do the first achievement in Halls of Origination :)

Other than that, it's mostly easy for 2 players in MoP gear.

I hadn't looked into them but I suspected there might be one or two that would require more people. Thanks for pointing out the exact one, though.

A fellow on my server that I do a bit of stuff with invited me to a 25 heroic Dragon Soul. That seemed like a good way to knock out some achievements. We get there with 20 people and almost immediately around five people go offline. And they change it to normal mode. I figure, eh, whatever. I might as well get the title since I'm only completed Dragon Soul in LFR. We're in the worst vent chat as they stand around talking about the dumbest stuff or talk through complete strategies for minutes at a time until we start it and it's a simple burn to kill a boss with no deaths. And then there's ten minutes on Hagara as the leader wants us to form theoretical chains for the achievement before pulling the boss and is demanding everyone to form chains and also run around the place to continue forming chains. The fight starts and nobody pays any attention and just farts around and we burn the boss down. And through this we're losing people. Down to about 13 now. Ultraxion half the people die because they never click their buttons. And after four wipes I finally left on the Spine as they were completely disorganized, didn't understand all the mechanics despite me explaining it multiple times, even telling them what to do during the fight, and instead it just goes to hell. And this is while they've brought up current events and politics and start arguing. And one person was strongly into conspiracy theories.

Sorry about that ramble but what a disappointing Dragon Soul run. So annoying.

ampere

I just had my first shot at Hexos.

Jesus Christ Blizzard what the hell were you thinking.
That fight is gloriously horrible, just like Super Hexagon.

I got him to 5% within a few attempts, then proceeded to wipe a lot before getting it down. All the fights after him are pretty easy though.

That speed guide to get geared quick at 90 is awesome. Will employ for future 90's!

Is it super sad that my number one impetus for getting one or two more 90s going is to increase my weekly chances at the fucking Ashes of Al'ar?
Nah mount runs/professions are why I leveled a few of my alts. I've had insane luck with mounts lately, got Invincible, Alar, Ony, Flametalon... I have almost run out of mounts to farm xP

One more gold Challenge Mode and I'll be done! :3
Nice, which do you have left? Ele shamans are so nice for those. My shaman is my old main so I probably need to level him up and get the xmog.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nice, which do you have left? Ele shamans are so nice for those. My shaman is my old main so I probably need to level him up and get the xmog.

Shado Pan Monastery which I heard is only difficult because it's the longest and has a lot of changes through out it.

I think some of the class changes in 5.3 made them a tad less challenging though. Like the CL change means I can just plow through everything.
Our group comp has been: Ele Shaman (me), Hunter, Warlock, Guardian Druid, and a Disc Priest.

Ahh the RNG gods.

Out of the last 14 bosses my DK did to finish up the Secrets quest, 11 dropped one o_O including the first 2 I did this week for 19 and 20.
Then I had no helm to pop the meta gem into =/
Then the tier helm dropped!

Meanwhile over on my warlock, 12 bad luck streak protected bonus rolls on Iron Qon and no loot. Of any kind. Normal drop or extra roll -_______-

Slayerx

Hmmm does this mean what I think this means.
fd4UU9I.png
proving grounds coming?

ZenaxPure

I don't play combat, but, super happy to see them changing Killing Spree to make it not annoying.

Displaced Energy (New) The power of Y'Shaarj arcs to nearby enemies, inflicting 250,000 Shadow damage every 3 seconds for 9 sec. When displaced energy expires, the energy explodes outward, inflicting 450,000 Shadow damage to all allies within 8 yards. Limited to 2 targets. Instant.

Ok, tell me more plxz

Slayerx

14 bosses in Siege, that's pretty massive.

COALESCED_REALM_TOOLTIP - Coalesced Realm (*)\nGroup, Whisper
ERR_GUILD_INVITE_SELF - You can't invite yourself to a guild.
ERR_MAIL_CANT_SEND_REALM - You can't send mail to that realm.
ERR_REALM_NOT_FOUND - Cannot find that realm.
INTERACTIVE_REALM_TOOLTIP - Interactive Realm (#)\nGroup, Whisper, Mail, Trade, Guild, Arena
INTERACTIVE_SERVER_LABEL - (#)
Hmmmmm, wild speculation time, some low pop realms will be able to interact and do everything together?

Tamanon

Banned
Hmm, Dragon Soul dagger minor updates. Wonder if Wrathion might have a real special reward for those rogues....like another pair.

And, maybe cross-realm guilds?

ZenaxPure

If that list of bosses is accurate then :(
Paragons and Nazgrim

Well, we knew
the Klaxxi would be joining them, they outright told us so at the start of the expansion
. As for
Nazgrim, I suspected as much since he appears in 5.3 outside of Orgrimmar training new recruits for Garrosh. I can't say I am honestly surprised, he has been a huge backer of Garrosh since day 1.

Also you guys, I need one of these things as a pet, holy crap so adorable.

Magnus

Nah mount runs/professions are why I leveled a few of my alts. I've had insane luck with mounts lately, got Invincible, Alar, Ony, Flametalon... I have almost run out of mounts to farm xP

Damn, awesome.

The things I would do for that fucking mount...Al'ar. I must have it!

I'm not even 100% sure it drops anymore? I figure Blizzard would say so if it were removed.

sqwarlock

So after coming back to WoW a little over a month ago (I quit around 4.3) I finally have my first 90. Funnily enough it wasn't any of my existing 85s that got there first, but an Alliance priest that started at level 1. After 4 days and 20 hours of /played time, I am ready to start the endgame of Mists of Pandaria.

That Icy Veins guide is going to come in handy, but I'm not going to lie, it looks sort of intimidating.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So you know how Im a *very* recent 90?

Got in on an oondosta kill this morning, and this dropped - http://www.wowhead.com/item=95183

Apparently best in slot for mages for non normal/heroic raids. Since I only plan on doing LFR... yeah.

Can't begin to tell you how happy I am hahaha.

Ultratech

All this 5.4 stuff...shit's gonna be crazy.

Damn, awesome.

The things I would do for that fucking mount...Al'ar. I must have it!

I'm not even 100% sure it drops anymore? I figure Blizzard would say so if it were removed.

It still drops. I think since MoP, I've seen a lot more people with it around.

They might've increased the drop rate a little, but that's not saying much given how low it was to begin with.

(It's like ~2% right now?)

Or you could buckle down and buy it off the BMAH.

www.worldofwarcraft.com updated with a 5.4 patch notes preview. Proving Grounds is listed so unless they pull it, yup, it's finally here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/54_PTR_Coming_Soon-6_11_2013

Edit: And to answer a couple questions about new tooltips and such:

New Feature: Virtual Realms

Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.

Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.

ZenaxPure

Please merge my server with another, please merge my server with another, please Blizzard I beg of you V_V. As much as I like the benefits of being on a lower pop realm, I don't even think the flex raiding scene will be very good on it and I am interested in joining a casual fun time flex guild. I am ready to leave my level 20 bank guild.

Also YEAH PROVING GROUNDS. itshappening.gif. I will learn to not be a terrible Blood DK afterall!

Warlock changes make me sad =(

Here's hoping they don't yank move casting from under our feet for the last raid. At least wait til the next expansion =X

Loto

I'm a ret pally looking to learn to tank but I'm hoping to be able to reforge the gear I have rather than farming dodge/parry gear. Does anyone know if the control/haste or control/mastery stat priority described on icy-veins is a valid option? http://www.icy-veins.com/protection-paladin-wow-pve-tank-statistics-priority-reforging Thanks in advance.

I run Control/haste and that is pretty much my stat priority. Sometimes I run around 14.50% in expertise. I tend to ignore socket bonuses and use haste/expertise in red, haste in yellow, haste/stam in blue. I feel like you can never have too much haste.

The highest tier I tank is LFR, so my health/stam is fine for where I'm at. If you are tanking normals or heroic raids you may want to prioritize stam a bit more.

Berordn

That SoO boss list is curious. Some, well, interesting choices here, I wonder how this will all tie together.

I'm starting to wonder if SoO is even the final raid. It seems like it's leading up to a true final encounter with Y'shaarj, but I guess we have to wait for the VA to confirm that.

Did the usual runs for the week. Got five Secrets of the Empire this week putting me at 12/20. Fingers crossed it'll only be two more weeks to finish that.

Also got a helm (T15, third piece) and chest from ToT which were my two lowest ilvl slots giving me 502 and above now. My guild is looking to get me into raiding again so perhaps I'll get some stuff from ToT normal? Seems they cleared the first boss last week so we're on Horridon. I hear he's pretty much the guild killer so we'll see if that goes anywhere.

And no mounts from the usual: Malygos, Onyxia, TK, Alysrazor. Need to get a couple people to do Throne of the Four Winds (guildmates seem like they don't mind making it a regular thing).

Oh, and last week I went through AQ40 since I never won rolls for the red bug mount each time it dropped. I'm exalted with Brood so it's a pretty uneventful run doing a full clear but on the bright side I was finally able to solo the Twin Emperors. Usually it's tough because half my dps is physical and half is magic so my 50% damage is countered by their heal but popping Ascendance allows me to burn the magic damage one quickly enough that it all works out. That was exciting for me, heh. Probably do another run of that in the next day or two.

I really want the next legendary stuff! Titan Runestones are going to make me sad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Let me guess, the boss list doesn't have Y'shaarj on it because Metzen thinks its hilarious

Sciz

I really want the next legendary stuff! Titan Runestones are going to make me sad.

The cape is mind-bogglingly powerful, if not as exciting as the usual legendary weapons. And we're apparently going to be upgrading it further, going by the talk at the end of the quest.

Cipherr

Ah dang. Guess Ill take the free 7 days offer that I got in an email then, providing I can remember my password...

I had an email offer for that, It said it expired April 2nd or so, but I was just able to activate it anyway and still get the free 7 days.

Did they renew it or something?

ZenaxPure

So I was just thinking, you guys think virtual realms means I can basically have all 50 of my characters in the same guild now (assuming 5 servers are clustered together)?

I would be pretty stoked if that was the case, I would like to have multiple of some classes on my realm, but I don't want to delete my core 11.

I've taken a bit of a break from ToT regular after me and my now former guild cleared it last week. They hopped over to Sargeras from Alleria due to the much larger raiding base alliance side. I'm now stuck on alleria and have to fish around for a spot in a heroic ToT guild.

Entropia

No One Remembers
New Feature: Proving Grounds

Proving Grounds is a new feature for individual players to test and improve their combat skills.
At the Proving Grounds, players may undertake trials, designed for Damage, Tank, or Healer roles.
It provides a great opportunity to learn how to Tank or Heal, without the need of a group.
Each trial is available in four separate difficulties: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Endless. Harder difficulties include more difficult and varied enemies.
Endless mode allows you to test your mettle against increasingly difficult enemies. Compare your best scores to friends and guildmates!
[PTR]: Access to the Proving Grounds and more information is coming soon.

New Feature: Virtual Realms

Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.

This is interesting!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not surprised to see Nazgrim or Klaaxi, but the klaaxi are my bros so I don't want to kill them.

I hope that proto boss doesn't necessarily mean we fight Zaela. Her whole deal in Cata was that she hated her corrupt chief and wanted to liberate her clan, so having her turn around and stay loyal to Garrosh till the bitter end is a total 180 on her character.

CassSept

I'm starting to wonder if SoO is even the final raid. It seems like it's leading up to a true final encounter with Y'shaarj, but I guess we have to wait for the VA to confirm that.

Let me guess, the boss list doesn't have Y'shaarj on it because Metzen thinks its hilarious

If I had to guess it will be some sort of C'thun-like deal. As some theorized, while Y'shaarj is "definitely very dead" (at least Blizz said so...) after Sha of Pride dies the essence of Y'shaarj or whatever McGuffin they come up with will be freed and Garrosh will infuse Y'shaarj into himself.

However, Garrosh won't be really corrupted by Y'shaarj, but rather infuse it into himself on his own. He is all about power and already wanted to control Sha power anyway, as seen in 5.1.

Sha of Pride is quite early on so between the bosses there might be enough time for Garrosh to be fused with Y'shaarj (which is imo probably in some form, considering his model and abilities directly having Y'shaarj in their name) and would explain why Paragons are there - to defend what is now their leader. Also would tie nicely to the final Klaxxi quest (bla bla your gods are not our gods if our gods return we will turn on you).

Not surprised to see Nazgrim or Klaaxi, but the klaaxi are my bros so I don't want to kill them.
But I dont wanna kill Nazgrim. :(

Nazgrim and Klaxxi sadden me, especially since Klaxxi is my most favorite faction in the game, loved doing their quest.

Nazgrim isn't too bad morally of a character, right? I wonder if instead of corrupted he might remain good, but be a boss fight because he finds it honorable to defend his warchief and leader, even if he is going insane. Or something.

mclem

I'm a ret pally looking to learn to tank but I'm hoping to be able to reforge the gear I have rather than farming dodge/parry gear. Does anyone know if the control/haste or control/mastery stat priority described on icy-veins is a valid option? http://www.icy-veins.com/protection-paladin-wow-pve-tank-statistics-priority-reforging Thanks in advance.

Dodge and parry are minor stats for a pally tank; the two control weightings are what I use, favouring the haste side of things for now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nazgrim isn't too bad morally of a character, right? I wonder if instead of corrupted he might remain good, but be a boss fight because he finds it honorable to defend his warchief and leader, even if he is going insane. Or something.

I could see something like that, yeah. We beat him but don't kill him, and then he sees Garrosh going full old god and finally realizes that siding with garrosh is no longer the honorable thing.

Draxal

I hope that proto boss doesn't necessarily mean we fight Zaela. Her whole deal in Cata was that she hated her corrupt chief and wanted to liberate her clan, so having her turn around and stay loyal to Garrosh till the bitter end is a total 180 on her character.

Well, she was hostile in the pre barrens quest, and supposedly she got the ingame hots for Garrosh.

I'm more broken about killing the Golden Lotus quest givers; got to know them pretty well since you had to do a million quests for them every day.

There's no encounter against something named Y'shaarj, though I think they're going with Garrosh becomes a host for the old god, which is why the mantid rally around him.

Cho'gall 2.0

mclem

So I was just thinking, you guys think virtual realms means I can basically have all 50 of my characters in the same guild now (assuming 5 servers are clustered together)?

I would be pretty stoked if that was the case, I would like to have multiple of some classes on my realm, but I don't want to delete my core 11.

One tank. Five healers. Nineteen multiboxing shammies.

You know someone's gonna try it...

I've been toying with the idea of a guild realm transfer for a while; we're an okay light guild with some great players but we've been struggling from a weak server player pool, bolstering the numbers could well be fantastic... but it will also put us in competition with more guilds for members, so I hope we're strong enough to hold together. I think the core is loyal enough... they've stuck with me for this long, after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom