• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

Haha :D

Yeah, Sindragosa was a major step up from the previous bosses, but compared to the Lich King she was a puny little lizard.

M'uru required insane amount of coordination and decimated the raiding scene on my server, and it was very robust prior to that. It never really recovered to the same level, sadly.

Four Horsemen owe that in part to dumb gear requirements, but there is no doubt they were more of a wall than KT. I am led to believe that Spine was much harder than Madness too.

Sindragosa was a wall, but never really of the same magnitude as the others.

4h Was complicated, but KT was a vastly more difficult fight. Heck, Gothik was more difficult. Sindragosa was in NO way harder than Putricide, or even close to Lich King.

And while M'uru is the famous killer boss, once it was fixed/nerfed it was probably equal with KJ at worst. KJ was a very difficult boss, just slightly easier.

Slayerx

Going through Garrosh emotes on model viewer, the facial structure is insane. Better than Pandaren. Based Blizzard I want new player models soon :(

ZenaxPure

Going through Garrosh emotes on model viewer, the facial structure is insane. Better than Pandaren. Based Blizzard I want new player models soon :(

Yeah man, I think I have watched this EmoteTalkQuestion animation loop like 500 times today just staring at his face. It's blowing my mind how nuanced it is. Like, his mouth moves in a realistic fashion, not just open/closing, it almost looks as if he is mouthing actual words. There also appears to be some sort of eyebrow muscle movement.

Honestly I thought the current Garrosh model looked great (and I mean, it does compared to normal orc models) but just seeing the comparison gif between the two, the old one looks SO terrible now, it doesn't even look like they are from the same game.

I can not wait to see races I actually care about >_>

Edit: Anyone can see it obviously, but, just to show how crazy the new facial structure is I decided to (poorly edit/quick and fast) grab a bunch of different shots of Garrosh's face from the model viewer. Here's a link (as to not spoil it for folks that don't want to see any of them), they seem to be able to completely manipulate the face however they want with that model, it's seriously blowing my mind.

extra extra edit: MMOC put up a video comparing animations of the old one to the new one. Jebus!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol, Garrosh literally had no emotions on his old face. Are current orcs just the same? If all the updated player models look like this, its gonna be awesome. I'm hoping draeneis and blood elves get a small upgrade too, but i'm not getting my hopes up for them.

XenodudeX

Isn't siege of org the last raid of the expansion? Or is their something else in the making as well? That could mean the next expansion will be shown soon.

Silky

Banned
Which one? As someone who did so recently I'll tell you if its not Wyrmrest Accord, then reroll there. If its Moon Guard, then god help your soul if you don't reroll on WrA. Moon Guard is the large festering disease of the wow RP servers.
Known for a lot of ERP (erotic roleplay. Yes thats apparently a thing), and even the legitimate RP guilds out there are terrible at following the lore.
Not to mention WrA has a pretty fantastic community all things considered. Sadly we are CRZ'd with Moon Guard though, which has turned Goldshire into a shithole.

If you do decide to go on WrA and happen to go alliance-side, hit me up (toon's name is Koruzan) and I'll set you up with a set of netherweave bags and some gold.

I'm on WrA! But I'm running horde side right now. (Rodynseth).

Berordn

Isn't siege of org the last raid of the expansion? Or is their something else in the making as well? That could mean the next expansion will be shown soon.

We know there's a 5.5 in the making at the very least. They might throw us something else if the next expansion is still a ways off.

strafer

>.<

garroshfacexgu5n.gif

Berordn

Why do people hate Metzen?

He's a poor writer who turned otherwise well-rounded characters into one-note author inserts. His major scenarios end up being predictable and trite with Saturday morning cartoon villain plots. Plus as a voice actor he only has one voice for anything and everything he voices.

He's a pretty cool dude, he's just not very good at what he does.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
He's a poor writer who turned otherwise well-rounded characters into one-note author inserts. His major scenarios end up being predictable and trite with Saturday morning cartoon villain plots. Plus as a voice actor he only has one voice for anything and everything he voices.

He's a pretty cool dude, he's just not very good at what he does.

In addition to this he seems to suffer from George Lucas syndrome. He was pretty great when he had other people around him that were working with him. But now that hes so high up and theres no one (willing) to say no to him... yah.

Draxal

Why do people hate Metzen?

People are going to say Metzen's was a great writer back in the day, but I'll disagree. As Blizzard's games have matured and had to offer more story, the writing has stayed the same. He's fine at putting a basic framework (see WC1-2-3/SC) but as the games have to offer more and more story, he's just not suited for that task.

ZenaxPure

Updating the mounts is also probably on the to-do with the new models, especially since they teased them with the 5.1 rewards.

I honestly just figure we'll get more stuff like 5.1, updated old mounts when they are relevant to the faction/raid/whatever.

But yeah, I really would like some more, the 5.1 mounts are amazing and even though I enjoy my bone raptor because the time effort, man has it shown me how bad the vanilla raptor models are.

ampere

If the new player models are on the same level as the patch 5.4 Garrosh model...

Motherofgod.jpg

I love Dwarves. When they get model updates it will be glorious.

I honestly just figure we'll get more stuff like 5.1, updated old mounts when they are relevant to the faction/raid/whatever.

But yeah, I really would like some more, the 5.1 mounts are amazing and even though I enjoy my bone raptor because the time effort, man has it shown me how bad the vanilla raptor models are.

I agree, I think they'll "update" old mounts by making new versions a la 5.1 mounts.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If the new player models are on the same level as the patch 5.4 Garrosh model...

Motherofgod.jpg

I love Dwarves. When they get model updates it will be glorious.

I agree, I think they'll "update" old mounts by making new versions a la 5.1 mounts.

Ha yeah, I won't regret changing my mage from female draenei to male dwarf if the animations are as good as Garrosh. Bring on the update!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I like the T5 set on me dwarf mage. Seems to fit pretty well. :p Just need a better belt and staff model i guess, although i love my staff.

That'd probably be my second choice (albeit the arena version as I prefer the colors there), but I wanted to make something unique so I threw that together. T5 is really one of the best looking mage sets ever though.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What is the best way to start doing RBGs. I have just been doing regular BGs but would like to earn more conquest points. Also, do I need to join a team like arenas to do them or can it just be a pickup group sort of thing?

I see people advertising in town a lot and they always have higher score requirements to join the groups. My score is ...0.

Berordn

RBGs aren't team based so if you find a PUG willing to take you that'd be a way in. People are pretty serious about them, though.

Ultratech

What is the best way to start doing RBGs. I have just been doing regular BGs but would like to earn more conquest points. Also, do I need to join a team like arenas to do them or can it just be a pickup group sort of thing?

I see people advertising in town a lot and they always have higher score requirements to join the groups. My score is ...0.

Pretty sure you can do it with any group of people. You just get enough people in your group and queue.

Though I imagine most people want you fully decked out in PvP gear if you're gonna do RBGs.

I'd kinda like to do some eventually, since I want that nice RBG mount. (IIRC, you get one for winning 75 RBGs?)

Cipherr

Is that not a huge spoiler? Should mark it if so.

But yeah, fuck yeah to that. Awesome.

Since Cata is older content now, I'm not sure if that's really going to matter. Personally, I ignored and got to 90 asap.

That Icy Veins link is a to do list for fresh 90s. It's quite helpful.

I'm rusty on the keybinds. Find myself second guessing and sometimes hitting the wrong thing.

I don't know why I said Cata there, probably because Cata was the last time I played. I meant MOP.

ZenaxPure

IrpXarZ.png

Wow really? Damn. Thought the queues would be dead by now.

Nope, Blizz has been saying for a while now that a lot of servers weren't dying because players quitting (obviously that is part of it, just not the sole reason), but, players moving to high pop realms and them getting crazy over populated.

This seems like a given considering realm transfers were 50% off last week. Who knows how many people went from their dying servers to Stormrage.

Oh. Oh wow.

Horde only?

Not sure to be honest, didn't really read it close enough. Kind of just figured it was a thing guaranteed to happen by the end of the expansion, this just confirms it :p

Cipherr

How do you all feel about patch data mining? I mean in general.

I played a lot of MMO's before WoW, and I dont remember anything approaching the data mining/leaking of patches that happens in this game. Nothing is really ever a surprise if you are an informed player.

It has its benefits, but I think it has some drawbacks as well.

ZenaxPure

Stealth hotfix?

gJQfnGr.jpg

I don't remember reading anything about them fixing heroic cache helmets, and they certainly weren't fixed the same day the Latent hats were fixed because I had this helmet the same day they fixed the other ones. Just now noticed it when I logged on my shaman.

Either way, I am pretty pleased with that, glad they found a way to do it since it sounded like they were having technical problems with it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom