• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

My realm doesn't even have CRZ turned on yet, so I doubt we'll see it as part of a Virtual Realm. It's horribly quiet now.

Berordn

Well, I'm just saying; you were fighting Chogall/C'thun; this fight is Garrosh/Y'whateverhisname is.

I don't think C'thun was actually inside Cho'gall, his body was just warped by his old godly power and Gall (the one eyed head) was just especially in-tune with his desires.

Tomboy

Neo Member
I run Control/haste and that is pretty much my stat priority. Sometimes I run around 14.50% in expertise. I tend to ignore socket bonuses and use haste/expertise in red, haste in yellow, haste/stam in blue. I feel like you can never have too much haste.

The highest tier I tank is LFR, so my health/stam is fine for where I'm at. If you are tanking normals or heroic raids you may want to prioritize stam a bit more.

Dodge and parry are minor stats for a pally tank; the two control weightings are what I use, favouring the haste side of things for now.

Thanks much to both of you. Control/Haste it is. I'm just looking to try something different and help out the small group of dps-only friends I play with, and it seems like tanking might cater to my control freak tendencies. I've read the guides on icy-veins and other sites but I'm excited that Proving Grounds may give me another way to learn proper tanking. Ditto for whenever I get back to leveling my disc/holy priest to try out healing.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Garrosh's New Uncorrupted model is a custom variant of the new Orc Player Models.

Semi-large gifs so I'm linking them.

First off is cry. Notice the face comparison. Old one is stagnant and barely animated. New one is MoP level

No emote. Notice the face AND the hand animation

Talk-Exclamation variant. Either heavily modified or downright brand new.

Talk-question variant. Obviously a newer animation.

Run is amazingly better.

Sprint animation puts the old one to shame.

Something that the old model doesn't have.

It's very telling about Blizzards progress on the player models. I think it's supremely obvious that this Garrosh model is based off the new Orc Player models, not so much because of what he would need as a raid boss like run and sprint obviously, but stuff that he really wouldn't need to animate like the cry and roll animations.

Unless the Raid is extremely cinematic with a lot of Garrosh talking and crying, this could either be a product of the Machinima/Cinematics team making a new model to go into their pretty ingame cutscene. (Unlikely, as they didn't make a new one for the Horde MoP intro cinematic, arguably a better time to do it.) Or we just got ourselves a taste of what to expect from the new PC models.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If true, that's pretty much perfect. Total upgrade in every way over old model and animations, but still keeps the overall "aesthetic charm" i guess of the original.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Okay question. Now that I have a high enough iLvl to start doing scenarios and am thus getting valor - Is there anything I should be saving my valor towards as a fresh 90 mage? Or should I just upgrade the http://www.wowhead.com/item=95183 that I got off oondasta yesterday since its Best in Slot for LFR raiding mages?

ZenaxPure

Okay question. Now that I have a high enough iLvl to start doing scenarios and am thus getting valor - Is there anything I should be saving my valor towards as a fresh 90 mage? Or should I just upgrade the http://www.wowhead.com/item=95183 that I got yesterday since its Best in Slot for LFR raiding mages?

If you want a big ilvl boost, save your valor for the the neck piece from the Shado-pan assault rep. It can be bought at neutral and is ilvl 522. Costs 1250 vp iirc.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
If you want a big ilvl boost, save your valor for the the neck piece from the Shado-pan assault rep. It can be bought at neutral and is ilvl 522. Costs 1250 vp iirc.

Excellent. Also does JP have any real purpose, or can I just waste it on some items I've been eyeing for transmog?

CassSept

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=66777#encounter

lol at that dungeon journal

memorize all that shit!

edit
oh yeah 5.4 SoO spoilers

Holy snap lmao. I can already see this fight will be insane.

I wouldn't be surprised if yet again it's the second last fight that's really the ridiculously hard, complicated, guild-breaking boss (well, WotLK broke the mold but it happened with 4H in Naxx, M'uru the Guild Destroyer in TBC and I believe Spine was much harder than Madness in Cata, no?).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I wouldn't be surprised if yet again it's the second last fight that's really the ridiculously hard, complicated, guild-breaking boss (well, WotLK broke the mold but it happened with 4H in Naxx, M'uru the Guild Destroyer in TBC and I believe Spine was much harder than Madness in Cata, no?).

Let's not get crazy about mold breaking, Sindragosa was a big step up from Blood queen. Just because LK was hardest doesn't mean much.

Berordn

Garrosh's New Uncorrupted model is a custom variant of the new Orc Player Models.

4jkuthcj9luqu6e.gif

All of my zugs. ALL OF THEM.

CassSept

Haha :D

Yeah, Sindragosa was a major step up from the previous bosses, but compared to the Lich King she was a puny little lizard.

M'uru required insane amount of coordination and decimated the raiding scene on my server, and it was very robust prior to that. It never really recovered to the same level, sadly.

Four Horsemen owe that in part to dumb gear requirements, but there is no doubt they were more of a wall than KT. I am led to believe that Spine was much harder than Madness too.

Sindragosa was a wall, but never really of the same magnitude as the others.

First off is cry. Notice the face comparison. Old one is stagnant and barely animated. New one is MoP level

No emote. Notice the face AND the hand animation

Talk-Exclamation variant. Either heavily modified or downright brand new.

Talk-question variant. Obviously a newer animation.

Run is amazingly better.

Sprint animation puts the old one to shame.

Something that the old model doesn't have.

It's very telling about Blizzards progress on the player models. I think it's supremely obvious that this Garrosh model is based off the new Orc Player models, not so much because of what he would need as a raid boss like run and sprint obviously, but stuff that he really wouldn't need to animate like the cry and roll animations.

Unless the Raid is extremely cinematic with a lot of Garrosh talking and crying, this could either be a product of the Machinima/Cinematics team making a new model to go into their pretty ingame cutscene. (Unlikely, as they didn't make a new one for the Horde MoP intro cinematic, arguably a better time to do it.) Or we just got ourselves a taste of what to expect from the new PC models.
Wow. I can't wait for those new models.

Ultratech

New models look nice.

Kinda pissed Blizz had to go and mess with Hunters some more, since Silencing Shot isn't going to be a Talent anymore (back to MM spec) and BM gets nerfed harder...

And on top of that, they decided to nerf the shit out of Stampede to where your pets now only do auto-attack damage. :(

At least Survival is still pretty good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All this 5.4 stuff...shit's gonna be crazy.

It still drops. I think since MoP, I've seen a lot more people with it around.

They might've increased the drop rate a little, but that's not saying much given how low it was to begin with.

(It's like ~2% right now?)

Or you could buckle down and buy it off the BMAH.

Its not that the drop rate is different its that everyone kills it on like 5 characters each and its account bound.

cdyhybrid

Think I'm just going to power through ToT LFRs today to get my Secrets and try to max Valor ASAP so I can go back to leveling my Prot Pally. Only 63 at the moment, taking forever because of real life.

ZenaxPure

The new orc model will end up looking similar and using those animation sets. It wouldn't use all those player-oriented animations otherwise.

Obviously this model is just Garrosh.

Yeah... lol, thought that was obvious. Just pretend it's wearing some random gear and it's green skinned, that is pretty much what the orc will look like.

I am really impressed with the facial animations, honestly I think it might even be a step up from Panda facial animations.

mclem

Thanks much to both of you. Control/Haste it is. I'm just looking to try something different and help out the small group of dps-only friends I play with, and it seems like tanking might cater to my control freak tendencies. I've read the guides on icy-veins and other sites but I'm excited that Proving Grounds may give me another way to learn proper tanking. Ditto for whenever I get back to leveling my disc/holy priest to try out healing.

Has anyone yet done the obligatory pointing you at Maintankadin? It's my bible.

You appear to have forgotten Sapphiron.

Silky

Banned
I started a new account/character in an
RP
server. Will be the first time in four years since I've played WoW. Got the Battle Chest + Cataclysm for $10 today! ^_^

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I started a new account/character in an
RP
server. Will be the first time in four years since I've played WoW. Got the Battle Chest + Cataclysm for $10 today! ^_^

Which one? As someone who did so recently I'll tell you if its not Wyrmrest Accord, then reroll there. If its Moon Guard, then god help your soul if you don't reroll on WrA. Moon Guard is the large festering disease of the wow RP servers.
Known for a lot of ERP (erotic roleplay. Yes thats apparently a thing), and even the legitimate RP guilds out there are terrible at following the lore.
Not to mention WrA has a pretty fantastic community all things considered. Sadly we are CRZ'd with Moon Guard though, which has turned Goldshire into a shithole.

If you do decide to go on WrA and happen to go alliance-side, hit me up (toon's name is Koruzan) and I'll set you up with a set of netherweave bags and some gold.

HPhins54

Neo Member
After a year break, I came back to my hunter last week and just hit 90 yesterday. Thanks for the Icy Veins link. In the middle of it at the moment.

I can't wait to get some gear. My damage is awful at the moment.

Which one? As someone who did so recently I'll tell you if its not Wyrmrest Accord, then reroll there. If its Moon Guard, then god help your soul if you don't reroll on WrA. Moon Guard is the large festering disease of the wow RP servers.
Known for a lot of ERP (erotic roleplay. Yes thats apparently a thing), and even the legitimate RP guilds out there are terrible at following the lore.
Not to mention WrA has a pretty fantastic community all things considered. Sadly we are CRZ'd with Moon Guard though, which has turned Goldshire into a shithole.

If you do decide to go on WrA and happen to go alliance-side, hit me up (toon's name is Koruzan) and I'll set you up with a set of netherweave bags and some gold.

As someone who plays on Moon Guard, I'd like to tell you you're almost 100% incorrect. Goldshire sucks, but Moon Guard's RP population is strong, and the events I've gone to for the purposes of spectating have been consistent with lore. Some very cool stuff happening here if you like RP.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
As someone who plays on Moon Guard, I'd like to tell you you're almost 100% incorrect. Goldshire sucks, but Moon Guard's RP population is strong, and the events I've gone to for the purposes of spectating have been consistent with lore. Some very cool stuff happening here if you like RP.

My first experience with Moon Guard was with the likes of Blood of Lordaeron, so my impression was not very positive as you may understand (My understanding is even most of MG hates them). In my perusal I saw a handful of other guilds that were definitely stretching the lore a little too far, and as a large lore nerd it definitely rubbed me the wrong way. I may be incorrect in my view of the server, but it sure as hell gave me a pretty poor first impression when I was there for a while. Though this was alliance side and my understanding is MG horde is pretty great, its the alliance-side that could use some work. At least from my perspective.

He should still roll on WrA though ;). We're pretty awesome over there.

sqwarlock

So I decided to head to the Isle of Thunder to start my grind, and I'm getting DESTROYED there. Can't even complete the second solo scenario. My ilvl is only 422 at the moment though, and I have no idea how to get it higher other than buying shit off the AH.

ZenaxPure

So I decided to head to the Isle of Thunder to start my grind, and I'm getting DESTROYED there. Can't even complete the second solo scenario. My ilvl is only 422 at the moment though, and I have no idea how to get it higher other than buying shit off the AH.

AH stuff is cheap, you can buy ilvl 458 pvp items to cover pretty much every major slot. It's all pretty cheap since it's REALLY easy to make.

Also run dungeons and scenarios for loot, get JP from those which you can turn into honor for epic pvp stuff.

Oh and make sure to get your free ilvl 450 weapon from the Arena of Annihilation scenario.

Cipherr

After a year break, I came back to my hunter last week and just hit 90 yesterday. Thanks for the Icy Veins link. In the middle of it at the moment.

I can't wait to get some gear. My damage is awful at the moment.

I thought that link was a Mage leveling guide, I now see it had a light leveling guide for hunters.

Im wondering if leveling Cata has certain zones I should level in for rep or not?

HPhins54

Neo Member
I thought that link was a Mage leveling guide, I now see it had a light leveling guide for hunters.

Im wondering if leveling Cata has certain zones I should level in for rep or not?

Since Cata is older content now, I'm not sure if that's really going to matter. Personally, I ignored and got to 90 asap.

That Icy Veins link is a to do list for fresh 90s. It's quite helpful.

I'm rusty on the keybinds. Find myself second guessing and sometimes hitting the wrong thing.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

While it's time consuming, if you finish off the last two zones of Mists (Dread and Townlong or w/e they're called) they should give you up to 440-450 ilvl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom