• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Stealth hotfix?

gJQfnGr.jpg

I don't remember reading anything about them fixing heroic cache helmets, and they certainly weren't fixed the same day the Latent hats were fixed because I had this helmet the same day they fixed the other ones. Just now noticed it when I logged on my shaman.

Either way, I am pretty pleased with that, glad they found a way to do it since it sounded like they were having technical problems with it or something.

Pretty sure they hotfixed it like a week or two back or something.

I know I remember reading about it.

AWW YEAH!

Wonder what it's gonna lead up to though?

Hmm...noticed that
it's a Warrior class quest only.

ZenaxPure

Pretty sure they hotfixed it like a week or two back or something.

I know I remember reading about it.

Well like I said, about 2 weeks ago they hotfixed the battlefield barrens hats to have meta sockets, but the heroic scenario ones still didn't. I was bummed out about it because I had that one in the picture and it didn't get a socket.

Ultratech

Well like I said, about 2 weeks ago they hotfixed the battlefield barrens hats to have meta sockets, but the heroic scenario ones still didn't. I was bummed out about it because I had that one in the picture and it didn't get a socket.

Maybe that's what it was then.

Doing some reading, it may have been stealth hotfixed when they did the lastest Hotfix the other day. There's nothing in the notes that mention it.

ZenaxPure

Maybe that's what it was then.

Doing some reading, it may have been stealth hotfixed when they did the lastest Hotfix the other day. There's nothing in the notes that mention it.

;) well the main point is this is a happy day now! People with the legendary meta can actually use hats from the scenario now.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Speaking of dwarves - Finished my transmog!

Thoughts?

Looks really nice.

I just got my hunter to 90 and decided to try my Mage out just for the hell of it...I'm having more fun on my Mage. Now I have to do the 85-90 quests again (I just finished the process a day ago) =/

Oh well, at least it's a pretty quick process.

I'm going to miss the knockback fun of explosive trap glyphed and powershot.

Poking around my past main characters and doing some reading online it turns out I can still get myself the old Hand of A'dal title because my original main paladin from the BC days still has the original version of The Vials of Eternity quest. I remember holding onto it because I was only aware they were removing the ability to earn the titles after the fact but still had that quest on me and figured I should keep it just in case. I leveled to 80 on that character and then while not playing found out someone got into my account and totally trashed that character. Thankfully they left the quests but sold pretty much everything on her. So if I want the title I need to play a nearly naked level 80 paladin to level her up enough to solo (or perhaps get some help) the requirements to finish the last parts of that chain. It's tempting but not something I aim to do right this moment.

Instead tonight I decided to work on the Sha'tari Skyguard or whatever they're called. After about two hours I'm around 4k into Honored. In total that was around 13k rep earned and I have around 29k to go. Some of that two hour period was flying around to do some of the quest stuff in that area (takes you to Shat and back as well as some other nonsense). Otherwise I got a pretty good flow going for collecting shadow dust, collecting pages, and taking down Terokk. I think with the speed I got it up to I could probably knock out the rest in three to four hours. Might aim to do that tomorrow while listening to the Giant Bomb E3 podcasts. Ugh, that means Ogri'la awaits me afterwards.

I'm bummed I didn't do enough during Burning Crusade to have the proper quests on my old character for the Champion of the Naaru title. Pretty damned close as I did the entire Cipher of Damnation chain but I recall getting the three Trial quests and never completing them because I couldn't take heroics back then due to the much higher difficulty.

Instead tonight I decided to work on the Sha'tari Skyguard or whatever they're called. After about two hours I'm around 4k into Honored. In total that was around 13k rep earned and I have around 29k to go. Some of that two hour period was flying around to do some of the quest stuff in that area (takes you to Shat and back as well as some other nonsense). Otherwise I got a pretty good flow going for collecting shadow dust, collecting pages, and taking down Terokk. I think with the speed I got it up to I could probably knock out the rest in three to four hours. Might aim to do that tomorrow while listening to the Giant Bomb E3 podcasts. Ugh, that means Ogri'la awaits me afterwards.

Skyguard is not too bad to hit max, I think it took an afternoon when I did it during cata.
Might be worth looking up a rep guide as Im sure there is some stuff you can do to take time off but I cant remember what it was.

ampere

You used to be able to share that quest too, might try to offload it on someone if you can :)

It's share-able but there are two IDs for the quest, and the version people get upon someone sharing it is one that does not reward the title.

Stupid me for dropping quests from BC when I came back for Wrath.

Sciz

The shoulders are the best feature. Classy, but understated, unlike the lava-spewing monstrosities we've had since Wrath.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The shoulders are the best feature. Classy, but understated, unlike the lava-spewing monstrosities we've had since Wrath.

To be fair, those lava-spewing monstrosities make since if you're a shaman.

Everyone else? Not so much.

Whenever I have ideas with transmog, I always find myself drifting toward the BC-era tier/arena sets for pieces. They really had the best designs over all.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just wish there was a blue version of T5. Would fit better for a frost mage than red. Oh well.

Why can't Blizzard add the ability to dye our armor anyway?

ZenaxPure

Classy, but understated, unlike the lava-spewing monstrosities we've had since Wrath.

I actually think the shoulders are pretty boring to be honest, actually the whole set would be pretty boring if it wasn't for the hood. Plus, you're greatly overstating how shoulders have looked since then, especially for mages. The craziest shoulders mages have had since wrath are probably the Tier 13 ones, and all those have on them is some spinning gears that are actually pretty cool.

Sciz

To be fair, those lava-spewing monstrosities make since if you're a shaman.

Everyone else? Not so much.

Whenever I have ideas with transmog, I always find myself drifting toward the BC-era tier/arena sets for pieces. They really had the best designs over all.

Every once in a while the effects work out, and shaman in particular have has some success with T10 and T13's spirit beasts. But even those would've gotten old if they were on all the time, like so many other sets and their spell effects. I spend a good bit of time finding complementary bits of leveling gear in MogIt just to get away from everything glowing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The new pet is cool with its appearance changing every season... TOO BAD ITS ONLY ON THE BLIZZARD STORE.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm getting that itch again...don't let it pull me back in.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

I know its not helping, but I resubbed recently since pretty much skipping cata entirely and its the most fun Ive had with the game since TBC.

Tamanon

Banned
Been powering through Cata today on my Blood Elf Priest. Was 78 this morning, dinged 83 about an hour ago. Man, I just want to get to 90 already, because the way a priest plays isn't like a max-level at all. It took until level 82 for my priest to do more damage as shadow than as holy. Just weird.

Ultratech

need demotivation? Try to think of where you are in the legendary questline.

10/20 on Secrets at the moment...ugh.

And it doesn't get better from there.

Poking around my past main characters and doing some reading online it turns out I can still get myself the old Hand of A'dal title because my original main paladin from the BC days still has the original version of The Vials of Eternity quest. I remember holding onto it because I was only aware they were removing the ability to earn the titles after the fact but still had that quest on me and figured I should keep it just in case. I leveled to 80 on that character and then while not playing found out someone got into my account and totally trashed that character. Thankfully they left the quests but sold pretty much everything on her. So if I want the title I need to play a nearly naked level 80 paladin to level her up enough to solo (or perhaps get some help) the requirements to finish the last parts of that chain. It's tempting but not something I aim to do right this moment.

I'm bummed I didn't do enough during Burning Crusade to have the proper quests on my old character for the Champion of the Naaru title. Pretty damned close as I did the entire Cipher of Damnation chain but I recall getting the three Trial quests and never completing them because I couldn't take heroics back then due to the much higher difficulty.

Heh, I managed to pull off the same thing on my Hunter.

After I quit in BC, he got hacked and made into a mining bot. Eventually managed to get him back, but had all broken equips and crap, not to mention I lost a lot of stuff in my bags.
But I still had the old Vials of Eternity quest and managed to follow it through to the end sometime after I came back in Cata.

If you're in need of gear, Hyjal and Vashj'ir now have vendors that sell 232 gear (the same gear you'd get if you bumped up a character to 80 with a SoR).

And I got screwed the same way on the Champion of the Naaru title. I had all 3 Trial quests, but you need the old Magtheridon quest that comes after those to actually be eligible for it.

CassSept

Hey, rogue t8 shoulderpads blades were not that bad either. Still, warlock T6 takes the cake as far as animations go, that was genius.

Don't know about other classes, but as long as it comes to rogues I find cata sets to be pretty bad. They are either ridiculous or completely nonsensical (rogue T11 why?). I do love our T15 though. Somewhat simple, not overstated, but elegant and works well.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

I know its not helping, but I resubbed recently since pretty much skipping cata entirely and its the most fun Ive had with the game since TBC.

Same and true.

ZenaxPure

(rogue T11 why?)

T11 eh? I actually really liked T11 myself, matched the wind lord dudes. I think the hat is one of the cooler hats in the game.

I actually liked Cata rogue sets overall (though batman was... weird), MoP ones are my problem, T14 outright looks terrible (besides the shoulders) and 15 is pretty meh outside of the head piece which is awesome, oh and the belt, cool belt. MoP: the expansion of belt buckles.

CassSept

Hm, after shuffling through a lot of achievements I had to catch up with, the time has come to finally tackle Cata Loremaster. At least I still have some credit here and there for doing pre-Cata quests, a few hundred even I think.

Anyway, damn Stonetalon is fine.It was a very forgettable zone for Horde but now it's one of the best ones with an incredible finale. The fact that it apparently ties into Kezan and Azshara quests makes it even better. It is somewhat inconsistent lorewise though (I would cal it character development if it wasn't nullified almost instantly, with Garrosh agani being a giant ass to everything around.

T11 eh? I actually really liked T11 myself, matched the wind lord dudes. I think the hat is one of the cooler hats in the game.

I actually liked Cata rogue sets overall (though batman was... weird), MoP ones are my problem, T14 outright looks terrible (besides the shoulders) and 15 is pretty meh outside of the head piece which is awesome, oh and the belt, cool belt. MoP: the expansion of belt buckles.

Yeah I know what T11 was based on, but I thought it was a really stupid choice for rogue set.

I like T15, it's simple but elegant. And I think the RF coloring is the first that simply black rogue set since err, T5?

ZenaxPure

I like T15, it's simple but elegant. And I think the RF coloring is the first that simply black rogue set since err, T5?

The offset T8 recolor from 10 man Ulduar is also entirely black. I actually like it's coloring more than both the 25 man and 10 man versions of the set. Probably my favorite rogue set overall to be honest.

That said, I wish the RF version of T15 was simply black, but, it has more brown and some weird faded-black on it than just normal old black. The belt/boots/gloves/shoulders are entirely brown and the hat is brown/white/black. Too many random colors for my taste.

Berordn

The offset T8 recolor from 10 man Ulduar is also entirely black. I actually like it's coloring more than both the 25 man and 10 man versions of the set. Probably my favorite rogue set overall to be honest.

It's also the only version of the set with all the pieces available. I like the purple coloring a lot but it's missing boots and belt and it's actually noticable on a Pandaren rogue ;(

ZenaxPure

It's also the only version of the set with all the pieces available. I like the purple coloring a lot but it's missing boots and belt and it's actually noticable on a Pandaren rogue ;(

It's also the best so it works out :D

But yeah, I used to be a fan of the purple, but, heroic firelands made me never want to see a purple piece of gear ever in my life. Made me sad how the normal version looked 1000x cooler than the heroic set.

Ultratech

Speaking of Hunter Tier for Cata...

T11: Hideous looking set. Basically Murloc Stalker gear. Heroic looks a little bit better, but it's still awful-looking, IMO.

T12: Eh...it was alright. Should've called it Shannox Skin gear or something.

T13: I thought Wyrmstalker was a pretty good looking set, especially the Normal set.

Though frankly, my favorite Tier sets for Hunters are 3, 4, 5, and 8.
(Especially the recolors for T4 and T8.)

Kinda funny since I think T11 for DKs and Mages is really good looking for them.

vocab

Only a few item levels short from ToT LFr. Maybe next week =/ Also, getting a tanking trinket in a loot bag when you are not even a tank makes me sad.

ZenaxPure

Speaking of Hunter Tier for Cata...

T11: Hideous looking set. Basically Murloc Stalker gear. Heroic looks a little bit better, but it's still awful-looking, IMO.

Haha, I love this set. Completely ridiculous for all the right reasons. Same thing with this current hunter tier. The sets where hunters are basically just taking some sort of animal and wearing them almost make me want to play my hunter.

Ultratech

Haha, I love this set. Completely ridiculous for all the right reasons. Same thing with this current hunter tier. The sets where hunters are basically just taking some sort of animal and wearing them almost make me want to play my hunter.

I don't mind the Saurok Stalker set since it actually looks pretty good as a full set.
(Makes you look almost like one.)

The latest Hunter T16 gear is kinda weird-looking, but interesting. Supposedly, the helm and shoulders shoot lasers or something.
I guess it's supposed to be Titan-like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom