• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't believe you.

Well, i've been killed by orcs, undeads, trolls and taurens when i used to play on a PVP server, so yeah. And not in "fair" PVP combat mind you.

And no i didn't take a picture or video back then to show you proof.

Edit : Bah i give up, keep dreaming that the old horde was somehow the perfect, friendly "oh im never gonna kill that lowly lvl 25 human and camp his corpse" faction.

Magnus

Any pro-tips from seasoned Kael solo killers?

I'm doin just fine every week on my 90 Priest, cake-walk.

I'm capping my two alts to get it done there too, but I'd love to have a shot the next couple weeks while I'm not so strong yet.

Right now, they're an 88 Paladin and an 86 Mage.

Advice please! The disorient/conflag BS on the paladin (Ret) just destroys me in Phase 3 with all advisors up. Capernian seems to repeat conflag like fucking crazy on my Ret, whereas she never does on my Shadow Priest. Is it a range issue? Or the fact that I keep up my Legendary Staff buff on my priest? (which my paladin obviously can't equip?

cdyhybrid

Any pro-tips from seasoned Kael solo killers?

I'm doin just fine every week on my 90 Priest, cake-walk.

I'm capping my two alts to get it done there too, but I'd love to have a shot the next couple weeks while I'm not so strong yet.

Right now, they're an 88 Paladin and an 86 Mage.

Advice please! The disorient/conflag BS on the paladin (Ret) just destroys me in Phase 3 with all advisors up. Capernian seems to repeat conflag like fucking crazy on my Ret, whereas she never does on my Shadow Priest. Is it a range issue? Or the fact that I keep up my Legendary Staff buff on my priest? (which my paladin obviously can't equip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIfecC4nd0s

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just had my first 6-secret week. all 3 bosses in pinnacle gave it up. aww yeah.

CassSept

Yeah, I'm aware of that, running out and spreading them throughout the instance.

It's dealing with Capernian's conflags, and Kael's disorients/conflags/etc. Losing control of your character while standing over a flamestrike = it's over.

How do you do it without a staff buff?

Considering my mage can use the staff, I'm encouraged. Might go try now.

I posted my strat a few pages ago. My main is rogue, the worst class when it comes to soloing so if I can do it on my char it should work for everyone.

The main point is spreading them throughout the corners, Thaladred bottom left, Sanguinar bottom right, Thelonicus top left (los behind a column to gain few seconds on toy) and Capernian where she spawns.

Prepare for P3, be where Capernian spawns, pop all cds to burn her down and you should be fine as she as by far the most damgerous one. Them Sanguinar, Thelonicus, wait for Toy to end (and if you need cds delay the phase change as long as you can), kill Thaladred.

Dealing with P4 is easy if you get through P3, if you can't nuke him then pop survival cds. Through many attempts I found Capernian in P3 to be the biggest challenge, if you manage to get a suitable strategy to deal with her you should do fine.

ZenaxPure

Honestly all this sounds like it's over complicating the fight to me. I just straight murder all of them with shuriken toss on my rogue because I can be lazy and it only takes like 2 shuriken tosses combined with poison damage. I have to imagine for a real ranged class it's wayyyyyyy easier. I am only in LFR gear as well, not that hard of a fight at level 90, whole thing takes like 4 minutes (since you eat up 2 minutes waiting for phase 2 to end).

Cloak removes the toy debuff (so any other immune ability should as well). For conflag I just eat the first one when she is up (if she uses it) and then use every man (or for non humans a PVP trinket) for if she uses it when you fight all 4 of them at once, never get more than two of them through the fight.

sqwarlock

So, tanking heirlooms: how much better are they than the plate dps heirlooms? I have full set of the dps ones and want to know how good they'll fare with a pally tank compared to the tank looms.

Tamanon

Banned
So, tanking heirlooms: how much better are they than the plate dps heirlooms? I have full set of the dps ones and want to know how good they'll fare with a pally tank compared to the tank looms.

Doesn't make any difference when leveling. Same amount of stamina, a little more avoidance, but nothing until Panda really matters with avoidance anyways. Nothing's going to two-shot you.

Berordn

Honestly I wouldn't even bother getting them with active mitigation being what it is nowadays.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, running out and spreading them throughout the instance.

It's dealing with Capernian's conflags, and Kael's disorients/conflags/etc. Losing control of your character while standing over a flamestrike = it's over.

How do you do it without a staff buff?

Considering my mage can use the staff, I'm encouraged. Might go try now.

I mainly started doing it once I hit 90, but what I ended up doing was bubbling and popping GoAK and wings to just burn down the advisors so not trying to fight them and Kael at the same time.

Sciz

Low level tanks are immortal damage dealing gods no matter what they're in, and prot gears for haste now anyway.

strafer

This is what the night in WoW should look like.

darkerNights2.jpg
darkerNights.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Did my first four LFR raids last night. 1 piece of loot.

Sounds about right :p

Still have Terrace to do tonight. Here's hoping lol

No thanks, I like playing at night.

I always found it interesting that very early on WoW did have total darkness like that and required you to make torches and such to give light around your character. I always see Duskwood mentioned as being a dark zone with NPCs carrying torches to help light things up. I think this was only during alpha or beta and never made it live? I sometimes skim old patch notes and other stuff like that and catch these oddities.

But agreed, while neat looking it's not practical to be that dark. I wouldn't mind seeing that used sparingly for like a scenario or do some boss encounter that uses darkness as part of a mechanic or something.

Berordn

I always found it interesting that very early on WoW did have total darkness like that and required you to make torches and such to give light around your character. I always see Duskwood mentioned as being a dark zone with NPCs carrying torches to help light things up. I think this was only during alpha or beta and never made it live? I sometimes skim old patch notes and other stuff like that and catch these oddities.

But agreed, while neat looking it's not practical to be that dark. I wouldn't mind seeing that used sparingly for like a scenario or do some boss encounter that uses darkness as part of a mechanic or something.

The utterly black darkness never made it to live as far as I can remember. I certainly wouldn't mind an atmospheric darkness at night, but making it look like that is a bad idea.

The screenshot's probably just showing a skybox effect they accidentally triggered for one of the boss fights.

Ultratech

Decided to take my DK tanking in ToT LFR today for the first wing.

Surprisingly, everything went well. Only died once at the start to trash (embarrassing to be sure, but we didn't wipe).

Only fight I nearly screwed up on was Council since I accidentally got too close to a Sand Trap and got Stunned by Frost King because I wasn't paying attention to stacks. (I was surrounded by Sand Traps and trying to move him out of that crap.) Managed to recover from it though, and everything was cool from there. No wipes on anything. No loot sucked though. (Failbags are still fail-tastic.)

Also helped that the other Tank knew the fights pretty well. May have to duck into T14 stuff to get more Tank gear.

They should make it toggable.

Like better water effects.

I wouldn't mind the night being a little bit darker than what it is now, but not to a point where I can't see anything.

cdyhybrid

They should make it toggable.

Like better water effects.

Yes! I would have that shit on all the time. Nothing out there that's dangerous anyway, not like I'd die more because it's dark. Would just look better. And we'd have a good use for huge glowing shoulders!

vocab

Did my first four LFR raids last night. 1 piece of loot.

Sounds about right :p

Still have Terrace to do tonight. Here's hoping lol

Damn thats some bad luck. This week was my first LFR runs.

I got two necks, a cloak, and a new 2h weapon, Tier Legs, and random tanking trinket.

Those bonus rolls man! Sadly those legs are a downgrade unless I get the set bonus, and the necks are gonna be replaced on Tuesday. The weapon is the best thing I got.

As someone who played from Vanilla beta, all the way to Cata. Is there anything new or must see? I've been bored lately, and feeling tempted to start it back up. Played a DK/Paladin/Priest.

ZenaxPure

As someone who played from Vanilla beta, all the way to Cata. Is there anything new or must see? I've been bored lately, and feeling tempted to start it back up. Played a DK/Paladin/Priest.

Depends on your definition of must see I guess. MoP has probably added more features and little things than any other expansion (probably even all the other expansions combined, it's been a MASSIVE expansion to be honest). Next patch is bringing in even more stuff to do.

vocab

MoP content is great. The new warlock is just insane, and the brawlers guild stuff is awesome as hell.

sqwarlock

MoP content is great. The new warlock is just insane, and the brawlers guild stuff is awesome as hell.

I've heard so many things about the MoP warlock; is it really that good? I was thinking of rolling one, even though I've been bored by them in the past.

Got into a ICC 25m Heroic run that had just finished Gunship. I now only need three achievements for that meta. The first two (Boned isn't bad but the one that requires all types of adds being up sort of sucks) and I need to be bitten. I already had the not bitten part but nobody would bite me so I still need that. So that sort of sucks...pun not really intended.

But it did get me real close to exalted. So that means I should be able to get my 60 exalted reps after the reset. Shado-Pan Assault will get just enough to tip over, Ashen Verdict only needs around 1,300 rep so that'll be easy, and one Hyjal run will finish that one up so that'll feel good to have that one complete.

Up to 158 mounts after buying the Sons of Hodir mount that I had forgotten about. I need to look up some guides to figure out which ones to aim for next. I run a bunch of old raid stuff weekly and do a ton of Slabhide kills but I'm sure there's some other avenues I'm not really even considering. I started Argent Tournament back up to get the five remaining there (100 seals each) and that looks to be around 31 more days of those, not counting the three possible from Heroic Trial of the Champion (which I've been running daily by grabbing randoms). If I always run that, too, then it's closer to 26 more days, I believe. Also need nine more days of Tol Barad to get the Spectral Steed since I forgot to get that.

Pretty soon I'm going to have to consider pet battles and pvp for new stuff to do. Hmm.

cdyhybrid

522 belt and non-set legs, Thunderforged boots (from a coin) and a Thunderforged polearm off Lei Shen. Not a bad raid today :p Still need 2 more set pieces and some damn shoulders.

Berordn

I've heard so many things about the MoP warlock; is it really that good? I was thinking of rolling one, even though I've been bored by them in the past.

There were two new classes in MoP, Warlock and Monk. Everyone who was playing the old "mage with a pet" were just migrated out of the kindness of their hearts.

ZenaxPure

There were two new classes in MoP, Warlock and Monk. Everyone who was playing the old "mage with a pet" were just migrated out of the kindness of their hearts.

Well to be fair, affliction didn't change THAT much :p. Mostly just changed its filler spell of choice.

At least compared to the other two specs, those certainly are completely different beasts now.

sqwarlock

Today I learned the harsh RNG of MoP. Took on all 4 world bosses for the first time, and came away with one purple ring from Galleon, and gold from the rest (including a bonus roll on Nalak).

vocab

Today I learned the harsh RNG of MoP. Took on all 4 world bosses for the first time, and came away with one purple ring from Galleon, and gold from the rest (including a bonus roll on Nalak).

You get free boots from Sha. There's that though. Unless you forgot to loot the claw.

I didnt get shit the first time I did Gal, Sha, or Nalak. The first time I did Oondasta I got a sick belt though.

Only got 1 Titan Runestone again this week, and I bet if it didn't automatically come from Lei Shen I wouldn't have gotten any. At the very least I still have 4 weeks left until this quest is done, so at least there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom