• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Not that I am complaining but how is a raid this large is going to work on LFR? This is like two Ulduars put together.

Currently on the ptr there are four wings, first three have 4 bosses each and the final one is Paragons + Garrosh.

Yeah, the final wing is going to be hell it seems.

sqwarlock

So I've been satisfying my inner lore-nerd by reading the two newest Christie Golden novels (Thrall and Jaina), and I really would like to see Blizz revamp the entire universe over the course of the next expansion. I know it's something that only people that care about the lore would care about, but I'm tired of being a time traveler as I level.

It really sucks that even post-Cata Azeroth is already out-of-date in some places, not to mention what's happened in Northrend. Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects spoilers:
I want to see what Wyrmrest Temple looks like when it's been destroyed; I want to see The Nexus now that Kalecgos is the blue aspect; I want to see the mountain in Desolace where Alextrasza created new life and an Ancient's seed was planted.
I imagine that the next expansion will have to change some of the quests/locations if we kill Garrosh for good in the Siege.

Ok, so maybe I'm ranting a bit, and I know it's a lot of work for Blizz to satisfy a minority of players, but I'm just tired of the disjointed world caused by so many loose-ends.

cdyhybrid

They'll probably change a few things in Org but I doubt they'll re-do any old zones unless it relates to the new max-level content. They overhauled the world last expansion, and I think they said all the effort to do that took away from max-level content. No thanks.

sqwarlock

They'll probably change a few things in Org but I doubt they'll re-do any old zones unless it relates to the new max-level content. They overhauled the world last expansion, and I think they said all the effort to do that took away from max-level content. No thanks.

Yeah, I'd rather have max-level content for sure, but I really, really want to see the things that I read about in-game somehow. Such is the problem with a game that's been going on for so long and that has so much lore around it.

Tarazet

I actually ranked on WOL in two fights on 10N ToT this weekend. Are there really that few bear tanks out there? I'm in the 12,000's among Druids on Wowprogress (523 ilvl) and still I'm one of the top 150 Guardians for DPS? I find that hard to believe.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I actually ranked on WOL in two fights on 10N ToT this weekend. Are there really that few bear tanks out there? I'm in the 12,000's among Druids on Wowprogress (523 ilvl) and still I'm one of the top 150 Guardians for DPS? I find that hard to believe.

Depends on the fight(s) you're doing - most of them are probably doing the heroic fight.

Another week, another 3 bonus rolls on Iron Qon.

Brings me up to 15 with bad luck streak protection and no loot.

At this point all I can do is just laugh. I've come to accept I've been put on a crusade to reach the 100% cap on this increasing loot chance.

Magnus

Got two 90s now, killing Kael every week. Gotta get this mount sooner or later. Fuck.

Time to do it on the priest. I HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT THIS TRY

sqwarlock

Picked up a G600 tonight, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. Feels really weird, but I haven't had the time to actually run anything with it. It was tough for me to decide between this or the G13, but I figured maybe a mouse would be better. Anyone have the G13?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Gamon Will Save Us! (New) Defeat General Nazgrim in Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty while Gamon is alive and participating in the battle. 10 points.

GAMON CONFIRMED FOR NEXT WARCHIEF

Entropia

No One Remembers
Audio is out,
Nazgrim audio :(

Jaina's audio spoiler!!!

Jaina's has a lot of grunting - sounds like she's dying? Though it maybe just her losing her power? "I can't go on".

Also, sounded like Varian does some shit? She sniffles and says "No... Varian!"

Ultratech

Some interesting changes:

Riposte (New) When you dodge or parry any attack, you gain 50% of your Parry and Dodge as additional Critical Strike for 20 sec. Death Knight - Blood Spec.

And it seems they messed with Taunting abilities so they let you get 200% more aggro for several seconds.

GAMON CONFIRMED FOR NEXT WARCHIEF

Sounds like it could be a fun fight.

Unless Gamon doesn't have a ton of health...(just guessing, given it's an achievement).

Also saw that the Ahead of the Curve achievement for SoO Normal gives a Kor'kron War Wolf mount.

vocab

Did some ToT LFR. I have no fucking idea what is going on. So much shit on the screen, adds everywhere. It's fucking chaos.

CassSept

Holy hell that's a lot of maps.

Garrosh audio is magnificent, hahaha.

Nazgrim audio

Oh no, he really is dead :( and he doesn't seem corrupted, he is just honorable and will defend Garrosh no matter what, shame

However, that tidbit is, ugh whaaaaa? Connected to the achievement probably:

"Gamon, you have finally learned. I am proud to have died at your hands. For the Horde. You have learned much, and learned well. An honorable battle, in the end. I stood by the Warchief because it was my duty, and I am glad it was you who struck me down. May your strength lead the Horde into a new era of prosperity."

Lorelol at it's best, but it's just too hilarious

mclem

As an aside: The RNG is taking the piss out of my cotank. On our very first run, I got the weapon from Jin'rokh; it didn't drop again for weeks on end. Finally, this week, it dropped for him.

I then used a Mogu Rune of Fate, and got the same weapon - Thunderforged.

He was livid.

The saga continues:

Recently got my legendary meta gem, so I've been on the lookout for a new helmet (didn't think it was really worth putting it into Garalon's Skull). Horridon dies, no helmet in the drops, roll for bonus loot, helmet. Thunderforged.

I really feel sorry for my cotank. He's furious at the situation, wants to vent, but is completely aware it's not my fault I've been so fortunate. It's just this tier; I had terrible luck in T14. I guess this is karma catching up with me, or something.

mclem

Sacred Shield made baseline for Prot Paladins. Sweet:)

Yeah, fair enough. It went against their sacred goal of avoiding talents that *everyone* of a given spec wanted. Pleased they made it baseline rather than nerfing it, but then I suspect we're completely balanced around the assumption that we have it.

Edit: Hmmm, the notes are misleading. I'm assuming the "Get a shield when you drop below 30%" thing is a *new* talent (Welcome back, oldschool ardent defender!) while the *old* SS is now baseline, and one of the two will get renamed?

CassSept

Yeah, fair enough. It went against their sacred goal of avoiding talents that *everyone* of a given spec wanted. Pleased they made it baseline rather than nerfing it, but then I suspect we're completely balanced around the assumption that we have it.

Edit: Hmmm, the notes are misleading. I'm assuming the "Get a shield when you drop below 30%" thing is a *new* talent (Welcome back, oldschool ardent defender!) while the *old* SS is now baseline, and one of the two will get renamed?

Old Sacred Shield is now called Holy Shield and is baseline prot ability.

New Sacred Shield is the bubble one. The return of Ardent Defender, nice. Will love that on my alt, especially when LFR groups me up with inept tanks who can't taunt or terrible healers.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'd be more worried about
Thrall based on 5.3 audio and that Garrosh audio

But imo, chances of anyone important dying is like 10%.

I've been guessing they were going to
off thrall, or saurfang, or someone big horde-side for a while now. To really drive home the desire for horde players to kill garrosh. Though if the horde did lose garrosh and thrall, and alliance lose jaina and variann, that would make for an interesting balance, as well as a decent lore explanation as to why they'd be pulling out of org and not continuing the siege once garrosh is dead.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'd be ok if
Varian bit it, although that'd probably mean Anduin becoming king and ugh...

Jaina though...I don't want to lose her.

What? If anything, Varian grew as a better character in MoP compared to Jaina who went into full rage mode after Theramore's destruction and what happened in Dalaran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom