• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Yeah, I'd understand the sentiment about Varian more than Jaina at this point in time. Jaina's character had been destroyed by MoP, she is a terrible character now. One of the few truly horrible directions the lore had taken this expansion.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I'd understand the sentiment about Varian more than Jaina at this point in time. Jaina's character had been destroyed by MoP, she is a terrible character now. One of the few truly horrible directions the lore had taken this expansion.

Jaina's shit gets fucked, she gets angry about. What's terrible about that? It's not like she's lost her level-headedness either, just look at the end of the Isle of Thunder.

sqwarlock

I've not finished the Jaina book yet, but in all the rest of the lore novels I've enjoyed Jaina as a character. Maybe she went a little insane in MoP, but it's pretty understandable considering all she's lost. As for Varian, well I've just never really liked him much, although I do like him more in MoP than I ever did previously.

Jaina's shit gets fucked, she gets angry about. What's terrible about that? It's not like she's lost her level-headedness either, just look at the end of the Isle of Thunder.

Yeah, pretty much this.

CassSept

Eh, I dunno, I quite like the lore of WoW but not to the point where I would read WoW books. So, all I know is from synopses, maybe not giving me a fair picture. And from these descriptions I just felt her character jumped the shark, but maybe I was wrong and jumped to conclusions.

I do agree she is much better at the end of IoT too. Just felt that brief book moment felt out of character. Or something. Really, it's a terrible mess so I sometimes just block some parts from my memory :p

ZenaxPure

I just felt her character jumped the shark

Well let me ask you this, what would you do if some asshole strolled into your town and dropped a bomb on it murdering every single friend you had made over the past 10 years?

I don't really get any complaints about Jaina in MoP, she has every right to be doing what she is doing.

cdyhybrid

Oh boy, the Alliance fanboys on the forums will go nuts if
Jaina and Varian die
in a raid that was obviously made only to please Horde players!

Fularu

Banned
The saga continues:

Recently got my legendary meta gem, so I've been on the lookout for a new helmet (didn't think it was really worth putting it into Garalon's Skull). Horridon dies, no helmet in the drops, roll for bonus loot, helmet. Thunderforged.

I really feel sorry for my cotank. He's furious at the situation, wants to vent, but is completely aware it's not my fault I've been so fortunate. It's just this tier; I had terrible luck in T14. I guess this is karma catching up with me, or something.
Meta wouldn't have socketed. Needs an IoT item to socket.

So yeah you needed that helm in order to use it ;)

strafer

aaaaw

7E3WxNX.jpg

vocab

Did Terrace LFR, got a one hand weapon off of sha, did a bonus roll, got the two hand! Now i'm torn if I want to dual weild with my DK or stick with two hand.

sqwarlock

Did Terrace LFR, got a one hand weapon off of sha, did a bonus roll, got the two hand! Now i'm torn if I want to dual weild with my DK or stick with two hand.

I haven't played my DK in MoP, but I always preferred dual wielding. Then again I've never been a min/max-er and I've never really cared what the top DPS method is. I just play what's fun for me.

Ultratech

Eh, it's debatable.

I think 2H is a little better as far as DPS goes, but there is something fun about Dual-Wielding. Plus, DW is usually better for AoE spamming.

From what I remember:
2H: Good for Single Targets. Big numbers! Relies more on Physical damage.
DW: Good for AoE spam. Smaller numbers, but at a fast speed! Relies more on Frost (Magic) Damage.

The only bad thing for DW is finding two good weapons as opposed to just one for 2H.

TLDR: Assuming all gear is fairly equal, both are pretty close in damage.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Always 2H unless your race has better dual wield animations.

mclem

Jaina: Her Shit Is Fucked Up So She Got To Zap/Burn You II: It's Straight-Up Worg Time

cdyhybrid

Switching mains to DK since my work schedule is changing and I'll be able to raid regularly. Is it worth switching from 2H Frost to Unholy? Last I heard they were pretty much equal DPS and Frost is much easier to play.

Switching mains to DK since my work schedule is changing and I'll be able to raid regularly. Is it worth switching from 2H Frost to Unholy? Last I heard they were pretty much equal DPS and Frost is much easier to play.

Frost 2h is the "Best" dps apparently. Im glad as Ive never liked unholy.

Blood was fun when it was dps and tanking was but im so rusty I just have pvp frost and pve frost now :/

cdyhybrid

Frost 2h is the "Best" dps apparently. Im glad as Ive never liked unholy.

Blood was fun when it was dps and tanking was but im so rusty I just have pvp frost and pve frost now :/

Yeah, can't decide between Blood and PvP for offspec...probably go with Blood for now since the instant queues will help with doing LFRs for the legendary quest chain. WTB trispec.

Also going to be leveling Eng and LW from scratch...bleh.

strafer

Vol'jin: Almost all of da troops be here now.
Baine Bloodhoof: I am uneasy, old firend.
Vol'jin: An me as well. We dun know what Garrosh been plannin this whole time. What he's got in store for us.
Baine Bloodhoof: I fear for the safety of our people.
Vol'jin: Not everyone gonna come out of this alive.
Baine Bloodhoof: And for what? What did the Horde gain from such actions? Garrosh is a fool, and a betrayer. I should have killed him long ago, when he betrayed my father.
Vol'jin: You gonna get your chance mon. But first we gotta take da city.
Baine Bloodhoof: Have you been communicating with the humans?
Vol'jin: Both da alliance and da horde got ships sailin for da harbor. We gonna split der forces an assault da front gate.
Baine Bloodhoof: A bold plan. Let us hope we do not run into any surprises.
Vol'jin: I don't think we got a choice, mon.

:D

ZenaxPure

sorry baby orc

i gotta kill your daddy now

Someone really wants to murder Thrall :p

Or maybe you mean.... Garrosh. That's the plot twist, Thrall didn't go to Orgrimmar to see if any good Orcs were left, he went cause Aggra cheated on him with Garrosh and he just now found out about yet. Awwwww yeah, writing my fan fiction as we speak.

TheYanger

Eh, you don't really have to festerblight, it's the beauty of the spec. But without a feather it's pretty close between the two. I mean, to be fair, aside from the feather 'the gear' is the same for both in terms of what they do for your dps. Feather is just too stupid for festering.

cdyhybrid

Eh, you don't really have to festerblight, it's the beauty of the spec. But without a feather it's pretty close between the two. I mean, to be fair, aside from the feather 'the gear' is the same for both in terms of what they do for your dps. Feather is just too stupid for festering.

I have an LFR Feather...Going to be getting geared up pretty quickly in the next week or two since all my competition for loot is geared up already. Think it's worth switching? If there won't be a noticeable DPS increase I don't think it'll be worth it.

Tarazet

I have an LFR Feather...Going to be getting geared up pretty quickly in the next week or two since all my competition for loot is geared up already. Think it's worth switching? If there won't be a noticeable DPS increase I don't think it'll be worth it.

It's definitely worth switching. Even on fights where you can't Festerblight, Unholy is the better spec right now. On top of that, you're not constantly watching your bars for procs like you do in Frost, so it's easier to follow what's going on. Just make sure your ghoul is always live, get Glyph of Unholy Frenzy, and have a blast.

cdyhybrid

It's definitely worth switching. Even on fights where you can't Festerblight, Unholy is the better spec right now. On top of that, you're not constantly watching your bars for procs like you do in Frost, so it's easier to follow what's going on. Just make sure your ghoul is always live, get Glyph of Unholy Frenzy, and have a blast.
Word. I'm an Orc so I'll get to use my pet damage racial too :p

Magnus

The saga continues:

Recently got my legendary meta gem, so I've been on the lookout for a new helmet (didn't think it was really worth putting it into Garalon's Skull). Horridon dies, no helmet in the drops, roll for bonus loot, helmet. Thunderforged.

I really feel sorry for my cotank. He's furious at the situation, wants to vent, but is completely aware it's not my fault I've been so fortunate. It's just this tier; I had terrible luck in T14. I guess this is karma catching up with me, or something.

You can use Runes for bonus rolls in non-LFR raids?

Enosh

I recently got the heroic feather (was hoping for tier legs)
idk tried unholy and I really really didn't enjoy it all didn't do any proper raiding, not even lfr but my dps felt shitty, maybe should have tried LFR, might be more fun on raid bosses than 5 mna stuff that dies in seconds...
my MS is tanking and I dps like once under the blue moon, if I was MS dps I would have stayed unholy probably
The saga continues:

jokes on you the helm has awful secondary stats :p
gz ^^
also couldn't have put the meta in non ToT helms either way unless they changed that recently
You can use Runes for bonus rolls in non-LFR raids?
yep
hell think like half of my gear is from bonus rolls

cdyhybrid

I recently got the heroic feather (was hoping for tier legs)
idk tried unholy and I really really didn't enjoy it all didn't do any proper raiding, not even lfr but my dps felt shitty, maybe should have tried LFR, might be more fun on raid bosses than 5 mna stuff that dies in seconds...
my MS is tanking and I dps like once under the blue moon, if I was MS dps I would have stayed unholy probably

jokes on you the helm has awful secondary stats :p
gz ^^
also couldn't have put the meta in non ToT helms either way unless they changed that recently

yep
hell think like half of my gear is from bonus rolls

Well the whole idea behind Festerblight is keeping your beefed up diseases rolling for an entire boss fight, so if it dies in 30 seconds you're not really getting the full effect.

RPGCrazied

How much longer do you think the battle of barrens will last? I'm still missing gloves/legs for the armor set. I really want to complete it for transmog, the only other way to get it is from the darkfaire for fucking tickets, no thanks. :(

Berordn

How much longer do you think the battle of barrens will last? I'm still missing gloves/legs for the armor set. I really want to complete it for transmog, the only other way to get it is from the darkfaire for fucking tickets, no thanks. :(

Which set? Depending on your class some of them might be available as heirlooms. Either way Battlefield Barrens will probably last through 5.4.

Havent' been on in about two weeks. Not sure if I'm going back for a while.

Was wondering about this. I won't worry about trying to finish up the last couple ICC meta achievements with you in that case. Zenax and I could probably rope in a guildmate of mine to help finish that up instead.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am on the legendary quest step where I need to get a group to kill an alliance guy in the castle on the beach. Can't find a single damn person on the server who wants to do this quest. I'm Tich Horde so it's not like there aren't a billion people around =/

Rokam

I am on the legendary quest step where I need to get a group to kill an alliance guy in the castle on the beach. Can't find a single damn person on the server who wants to do this quest. I'm Tich Horde so it's not like there aren't a billion people around =/

Might try looking for a group via openraid.us

Berordn

Haha, well, I have enough to make the pants. So I just need the boots and gloves. Hopefully I can finish it before the event stops. Does any 90 mob drop the stuff? Really don't want to waste resources buying it.

Just the ones in the barrens, but you ought to be able to buy the Latent Kor'kron gear fairly cheap at the auction house just because it's fairly useless for actually gearing up.

ZenaxPure

In regards to the Darkmoon Faire, I'd say just do it. The main source of tickets come from items you can simply buy off the AH and the monthly quests they have. You can get a large amount of tickets for like an hour of work per month.

Honestly in the long run you'd probably spend less time doing the DMF stuff than it would take to do Battlefield Barrens each week.

RPGCrazied

Just the ones in the barrens, but you ought to be able to buy the Latent Kor'kron gear fairly cheap at the auction house just because it's fairly useless for actually gearing up.

Oh, nice, I didn't know you can sell those on ah.

EDIT: And bought for 100g for both!

Berordn

What the hell is a monkey run? Seeing it spammed in trade, I was only gone 2 months!!

People queue up for Stormstout Brewery, pull as many monkeys as they can in Ook's room, kill them and then reset the event, just killing monkeys.

It's supposed to be about as efficient as actually leveling with significantly less effort, so they've become popular for an obvious reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom