• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering about this. I won't worry about trying to finish up the last couple ICC meta achievements with you in that case. Zenax and I could probably rope in a guildmate of mine to help finish that up instead.

lol I'll come back to help you. Just let me know when you want to do it.

TheYanger

It's definitely stormstout, and it's the fastest legit levelling in the game. A good monkey run group is like 3.5 hours to go 85-90 with the recent nerfs. It's boring as dirt though.

lol I'll come back to help you. Just let me know when you want to do it.

I don't mind either way. I have a really active guild and other Real ID friends that like to do achievement and mount related stuff. It's up to you if you feel like you're done right now or not. Like I said, I don't mind either way and the only reason I didn't try to grab a couple other people and Zenax earlier was because I wasn't sure if you were around or not.

It's definitely stormstout, and it's the fastest legit levelling in the game. A good monkey run group is like 3.5 hours to go 85-90 with the recent nerfs. It's boring as dirt though.

Doesn't Blizzard actively push against abusing mob resets in instances? I thought they've banned or at least reversed things earned by gaming instances and resetting like that? Maybe I'm thinking of soft resets for heroics or raids to farm rep or something. It just seems like I've read about them being strongly against farming mobs in instances.

So I started playing WoW again, with a few friends. I stopped playing very shortly before Cataclysm came out and haven't played since. Enjoying my time so far, I've mostly been playing my Priest, he's 83 now and it's going quite well.

I also started a Druid for playing with a friend and he's level 11 now. How do I best level him? I've chosen Guardian as my spec for now because I definitely want to play Feral mostly and I guess finding dungeons as a tank is way faster.

Tarazet

I am on the legendary quest step where I need to get a group to kill an alliance guy in the castle on the beach. Can't find a single damn person on the server who wants to do this quest. I'm Tich Horde so it's not like there aren't a billion people around =/

You can almost solo him now. He has 13 million hit points. Get one good DPS to help you out and you will kill him in 30 seconds.

strafer

So I started playing WoW again, with a few friends. I stopped playing very shortly before Cataclysm came out and haven't played since. Enjoying my time so far, I've mostly been playing my Priest, he's 83 now and it's going quite well.

I also started a Druid for playing with a friend and he's level 11 now. How do I best level him? I've chosen Guardian as my spec for now because I definitely want to play Feral mostly and I guess finding dungeons as a tank is way faster.

I leveled my Druid with Feral. Balance is also okay.

Might I suggest this site http://www.restokin.com/druid-leveling-guide/

Very helpful.

Berordn

What do you think the ilevel will be for the org raid? I haven't stepped in ToT yet though. My gs is only like 491. Not that good.

Based on what they've said it sounds like they're shooting for ~540 for normal mode drops. Personally I think they're insane since the massive gear spike kind of trivializes the later fights in ToT on Normal...

Around 490 is what I'd expect for LFR anyway.

Berordn

Guardian's great if you're going to pull a ton of stuff at once and do literally all the damage, but Feral's still my favorite druid spec.

Plus they can share gear, so go nuts.

edit: ack, accidentally hit new instead of edit :(

Ultratech

What do you think the ilevel will be for the org raid? I haven't stepped in ToT yet though. My gs is only like 491. Not that good.

They mentioned the ilvls the other day. (Subject to change, or course.)

LFR: 528
Flexible:536
Normal: 553
Heroic: 566

490 doesn't sound too far off, or even 500 (with upgrades and/or Valor gear) for LFR.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

My guess is 490-495.

Right now I am at 502 with ToT LFR stuff and a couple valor pieces in most slots. I think I am missing 2-3 things. 500 or higher would be a bit too strict, which is why I am guessing 490-495.

RPGCrazied

I LFR, 528? Wow, I guess I'm not going to get to kill Garrosh. This is important to the lore, they should have it around ToT requirements.

Tamanon

Banned
Ahune is destroying my pugs lol. Oh no randoms have to do more than 20k dps for the first time in their lives, the drama!

It's disgusting.

I took my relatively low ilevel Brewmaster monk in there and we wiped after the fourth(!!) submerge. Healer finally ran out of mana, and the dps were doing ~15-20k dps.

And then I took my paladin as dps in there and we killed him during the first submerge.

Tamanon

Banned
I LFR, 528? Wow, I guess I'm not going to get to kill Garrosh. This is important to the lore, they should have it around ToT requirements.

That 528 is the gear you GET in Orgrimmar. They haven't revealed what the level required is, but 490 is the best guess, IMO.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

I think you misunderstand. Thats the ilvl of loot that will drop in the siege for LFR, not the requirement. 490-500 is a safe bet for requirements.

Edit: And beat.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh, that sounds better then. :) Sucks LFR doesn't get the chance at the mount though.

LFR sole purpose is to allow casuals that do not have time for real raiding to see the content.

Anyway, with LFR shitty drop chances with gear alone, a mount would have something ridiculous like 0.0001% chance to drop.

CassSept

My guess is 490-495.

Right now I am at 502 with ToT LFR stuff and a couple valor pieces in most slots. I think I am missing 2-3 things. 500 or higher would be a bit too strict, which is why I am guessing 490-495.

Currently it's really not. I reached 500 on my alt within a week-two from dinging. It's ridiculously easy to gear up now with increased drops from old bosses, 489 gear from battlefield barrens, instant 502 boots, guaranteed 516 from the first heroic scenario you do with additional chance every day and obviously valor gear. And obviously you always have some chance at a drop from ToT LFR. It's insane, really.

I really hope the requirement is at least 500 considering how quickly you can get to that level.

Bisnic

If you make the ilvl requirement too high the queues will take hours.

500 isnt that high, considering how long ToT is going to be there until 5.4 is released, plenty of people will have time to buy everything they can with VP and get drops from LFR, raids or heroic scenarios. My two 90s are already above 500 only with gear from VP and LFR. And Blizzard will probably boost the drop chances of LFR once 5.4 is live, just like they did with 5.0 raids.

CassSept

Yeah, there are still probably at least 2 months until SoO hits and even more until LFR wings are unlocked.

My main has ilvl 514 and I never even stepped into normal ToT. And I'm stuck using one weapon back from ToES until next tier. With some moderate luck I'll get cloak next reset too and that will bump me to what, 520 ilvl? And as I said, on my alt I got to 500 within two weeks.

Point is, gearing up for LFRs is really easy and gating SoO 490 would be disappointing because a) a lot of people would already at start majorly overgear the limit b) lower gear requirements = lower dps/heal requirements = lower numbers and let's face it, you can't say bigger numbers aren't more fun :p

strafer

Attention players.

WoW Insider has received a significant number of reports of an alleged security threat which is related to the Mobile Armory. Several players have reported that the Mobile Armory has been used to fraudulently spend large amounts of their gold on extremely overpriced white-quality items on the auction house, which serve as means to illegally launder gold to the posting player.

In a US forum thread, players have reportedly already lost hundreds of thousands of gold. Further, many of these players have Blizzard Authenticators attached to their accounts. Similar reports are coming in from the EU.

There is reported confirmation from GMs, alleging that the technical team are aware of an issue, and advising the player in question to add SMS Protect to their account to safeguard against any potential further issues. If you would like further information on adding SMS Protect to your account there are video guides available. Of course, it is also important to maintain an authenticator on your account, as well as running regular virus scans, malware scans, and keylogger scans, as well as using unique passwords for your battle.net account.

We have reached out to various contacts at Blizzard Entertainment for comment. We will provide any updates to this developing story here.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/06/22/mobile-armory-gold-hack/#comments

Khezu

I just got an email from Blizzard saying because I haven't played in god knows how long, they changed the name of one of my characters because it was popular.

They do that? Man that sucks.

Man, one of my characters has my real name as his name, a pretty common name too, I do not want to lose that.

Berordn

I just got an email from Blizzard saying because I haven't played in god knows how long, they changed the name of one of my characters because it was popular.

They do that? Man that sucks.

Man, one of my characters has my real name as his name, a pretty common name too, I do not want to lose that.

Well, if you're not using it why deny it to someone else?

But yeah, they'll grant a name to someone else if they request it and the character holding it doesn't belong to an active account.

Bizazedo

500 isnt that high, considering how long ToT is going to be there until 5.4 is released, plenty of people will have time to buy everything they can with VP and get drops from LFR, raids or heroic scenarios. My two 90s are already above 500 only with gear from VP and LFR. And Blizzard will probably boost the drop chances of LFR once 5.4 is live, just like they did with 5.0 raids.

Agreed.

The hoping it's sub 500 makes me wonder if people realize how easy it is to get Valor / gear up now.

And RPGCrazied, I know you have the OCD going where you need to get everything from an LFR tier before moving on, but you really should start the ToT LFR's.

The trouble begins when people run out of geared alts. I don't have anybody but my main above 490 and I certainly won't be expecting the rest of the pop to provide me with their alts when I have to run LFR on a Sat or Sun.

490 also lets people in as soon as they have a few drops from ToT + 522s from Honored with Shado Pan Assault. 500 requires almost a full kit of ToT LFR + the charity 502/516 AND luck with getting a weapon. It's not hard for my main to get there but it'll be hard for anybody to load up more than one alt to that level to keep LFR queues short.

CassSept

The trouble begins when people run out of geared alts. I don't have anybody but my main above 490 and I certainly won't be expecting the rest of the pop to provide me with their alts when I have to run LFR on a Sat or Sun.

490 also lets people in as soon as they have a few drops from ToT + 522s from Honored with Shado Pan Assault. 500 requires almost a full kit of ToT LFR + the charity 502/516 AND luck with getting a weapon. It's not hard for my main to get there but it'll be hard for anybody to load up more than one alt to that level to keep LFR queues short.

Again, my alt, ilvl 503 at the moment, only 5 items from ToT which will drop like crazy once 5.4 goes up looking at the current state of T14. One lucky drop from Oondasta yeah, but other than that 500 is very easy even now.

Peachpies

the requirement for SoO is at 496 right now (down from 500).

Point is, gearing up for LFRs is really easy and gating SoO 490 would be disappointing because a) a lot of people would already at start majorly overgear the limit b) lower gear requirements = lower dps/heal requirements = lower numbers and let's face it, you can't say bigger numbers aren't more fun :p

Keeping the requirement for SoO lfr low is important for new people who haven't been able to do the previous lfr's and heroic scenarios to build up their gear. The flex mode raid is also there people who outgear the LFR but might not be quite high enough for Normal mode siege.

I feel like I have to say over and over again that I don't disagree about how easy it is to get yourself kitted out if you spend the time. My concern is the amount of time it takes before enough of the population reaches the ilvl threshold and LFR queues become tolerable. The reality is that I have to queue twice per ToT wing more often than I don't because I get in-progress queues. If your alt's 5 weeks to get to 503 gets cut to 2.5 weeks, then cool. If it's still 5 weeks for anybody to hit 503 that's a lot of lockouts spending 2 hours purely in an LFR queue.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, my rogue is rocking ilvl 517 right now and all I do is LFR. My shaman is 513, DK is 501. For my alts I haven't even ran ToT that much either since I am not really concerned about the legendary quest on them. My Shaman actually only has 4 kills on some ToT bosses, then 3 kills on the rest. A lot of her gear has came from H scenarios (5 pieces in total). It's not too bad really.

Besides, they are upping the drop rate of 5.0 stuff again, and, upping the drop rate of ToT items as well. It's also safe to assume there will probably be some new way to obtain mogu runes of fate in mass quantities like you currently can with elder charms.

CassSept

I feel like I have to say over and over again that I don't disagree about how easy it is to get yourself kitted out if you spend the time. My concern is the amount of time it takes before enough of the population reaches the ilvl threshold and LFR queues become tolerable. The reality is that I have to queue twice per ToT wing more often than I don't because I get in-progress queues. If your alt's 5 weeks to get to 503 gets cut to 2.5 weeks, then cool. If it's still 5 weeks for anybody to hit 503 that's a lot of lockouts spending 2 hours purely in an LFR queue.

Huh, I don't know where you got that 5 week number, the character is less than 4 weeks old and I had ilvl over 500 for over a week now (mostly through some basic ilvl tricks, I didn't get to replace my green shield form Dread Wastes quests until this reset). I even made a screenshot of when I reached 500 on this character and it was exactly 17 days after I hit 90. If 2.5 weeks to gear up fresh 90 into high enough ilvl to reach 500 (which will be even shorter in 5.4) is too long then I don't know, I feel like we're encroaching onto some entitlement issues discussions.

Alas, maybe let's just agree to disagree. This is pointless bickering and I don't see how we can reach a common conclusion here.

TheYanger

517 from only lfr is not even remotely possible without absurd luck on Oon and Nalak, even if you're lucky with scenario dailies that's HIGHER than those items in every single slot so I call BS, but 500 is very reasonable. I've gotten multiple alts to 500 within the past month (Friend and I did some RAF'ing), and it's quite easy.

CassSept

517 from only lfr is not even remotely possible without absurd luck on Oon and Nalak, even if you're lucky with scenario dailies that's HIGHER than those items in every single slot so I call BS, but 500 is very reasonable. I've gotten multiple alts to 500 within the past month (Friend and I did some RAF'ing), and it's quite easy.

Not really. I'm at 514 with only one piece from Oondasta and two from heroic caches and will be hitting 520 once I get my cloak in 3/10 days.Everything else if LFR and valor farm.

Once you get past 500 the rate at which ilvl grows slows down considerably if you don't raid, but getting to that point is cakewalk. I was over 490, at around 495 I believe before 5.2 even hit. It does take some time though sure reaching these levels without raiding, but it certainly is possible and 500 will take less than 2 weeks once 5.4 hits.

Edit: Hmmm, I started dabbling in PvP again and I quite like how it plays right now. Horde sucks hard at all bgs but Kotmogu though, it's painful

I think TheYanger wasn't taking into account valor gear. My DK is 518 and my lock is 520 from just LFRs (each also has an Oon drop and 522 legs from Nalak, no cloaks yet though). But no "real" raiding.

Fularu

Banned
Item upgrades. Lfr gear becomes 510, heroic scenario 524 and valor 530.

It's easy

Nokterian

I love my new monitor with 2560x1440 and it is 60hz but before i could play everthing on high with my other monitor 1920x1080 and that also 120hz. I do have a new videocard when i bought this monitor from a GTX580 to a 7970. Big upgrade for me. But when playing WoW i notice a lot of stuttering even when i pull the graphic settings down multisampling put 1x. Should i go back to the other monitor since to me it worked great,every game to be honest. But i also like this new monitor. Hmpf >.<

Huh, I don't know where you got that 5 week number, the character is less than 4 weeks old and I had ilvl over 500 for over a week now (mostly through some basic ilvl tricks, I didn't get to replace my green shield form Dread Wastes quests until this reset). I even made a screenshot of when I reached 500 on this character and it was exactly 17 days after I hit 90. If 2.5 weeks to gear up fresh 90 into high enough ilvl to reach 500 (which will be even shorter in 5.4) is too long then I don't know, I feel like we're encroaching onto some entitlement issues discussions.

5 Lei Shen kills on that toon, I guess you double-dipped one week with mogu runes.

And I've never once said I want it easier for my alts to reach 500 in less than a month so get out of here with that crap. If LFR is an experience designed for people without a lot of playtime per week then keeping those queues short is fully in line with that design philosophy. The lower the ilvl requirement, the shorter the queues. Simple as that.

Sarcasm

I stopped playing around when those dailies came out on..gah that one island...heh but this is before they released the faction you get rep for called The Shado-Pan Assault..do I still do dailies in that area or move somewhere else?

Bisnic

Remind me to never do LFR on a sunday morning ever again. I just spent 2 fucking hours in the Forgotten Depths instance because of dumbass tanks, unnecessary pulls, DPS doing 30-40k DPS(only the top 5 were able to pull more than 70k) and wipes on every boss.

At least i got the Tier pants on my last Mogu coin... sigh. So it wasnt a complete waste of time.

Tamanon

Banned
I stopped playing around when those dailies came out on..gah that one island...heh but this is before they released the faction you get rep for called The Shado-Pan Assault..do I still do dailies in that area or move somewhere else?

Shado-Pan Assault you get rep for from Throne of Thunder raid. The dailies give you a separate rep that's not terribly important.

Draxal

Remind me to never do LFR on a sunday morning ever again. I just spent 2 fucking hours in the Forgotten Depths instance because of dumbass tanks, unnecessary pulls, DPS doing 30-40k DPS(only the top 5 were able to pull more than 70k) and wipes on every boss.

At least i got the Tier pants on my last Mogu coin... sigh. So it wasnt a complete waste of time.

Had a hunter doing 20k damage on Jin'rokh yesterday. It was all autoshot damage.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I've learned to do them as soon as I can. I was able to do them all right as the server came up last Tuesday and it was the smoothest LFR I have ever done. Weekends can be really hit or miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom