• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've learned to do them as soon as I can. I was able to do them all right as the server came up last Tuesday and it was the smoothest LFR I have ever done. Weekends can be really hit or miss.

Yeah, but the thing is im doing this with my 2nd 90. I usually do 1 LFR a day with my main and do them on the weekends on my alt with the 50% VP boost since i maxed my VP cap on my main.

Once i finally get my 20 secrets on my main(4 more...), i guess i could stop doing LFR with him and just do them on my alt as soon as i can, unless there is more quests asking to do ToT after this.

Draxal

Yeah, but the thing is im doing this with my 2nd 90. I usually do 1 LFR a day with my main and do them on the weekends on my alt with the 50% VP boost since i maxed my VP cap on my main.

Once i finally get my 20 secrets on my main(4 more...), i guess i could stop doing LFR with him and just do them on my alt as soon as i can, unless there is more quests asking to do ToT after this.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32596

Bisnic

LkdObQi.png

Well, at least i'll only have to do the last 2 wings...

Entropia

No One Remembers

Well, at least i'll only have to do the last 2 wings...

It's a fucking bitch :|

TheYanger

Item upgrades. Lfr gear becomes 510, heroic scenario 524 and valor 530.

It's easy

If you're upgrading gear, you're not buying valor gear. You also don't get anything close to 517 upgradning LFR gear (You get 510s). To have an average over 516 you need a TON of luck based scenario and oon/nalak loot, period. It's total fallacy to say 'oh it's easy to have 517 ilevel in a couple weeks' because you're basing that on near total good RNG. I'm sorry, but 1000 valor a week doesn't let you get a bunch of 522s AND upgrade them, AND upgrade your nalak/oon/scenario gear.

I'm not saying gearing isn't easy, it is. I still refute that anyone can possibly think a number that high is anything but extreme luck though.

ZenaxPure

517 from only lfr is not even remotely possible without absurd luck on Oon and Nalak, even if you're lucky with scenario dailies that's HIGHER than those items in every single slot so I call BS, but 500 is very reasonable. I've gotten multiple alts to 500 within the past month (Friend and I did some RAF'ing), and it's quite easy.

Well, you're wrong, so sorry. I have a grand total of two pieces from Nalak/Oon, the rest is from LFR thanks to rep and drops.

Also for the record if you read my post I never said my rogue geared up really fast, but that should be pretty apparent to most people in the thread that know my main is my rogue and I am near the end of the legendary quest chain, so clearly I have dumped some time into him. All I was getting at is 500 ilvl is a damn joke even if you only do LFR, considering I am basically 20 ilvls above it now and I've never set foot into a real raid on my rogue.

Actually none of my post specifically was about speed (in terms of how many weeks it takes to gear up) except for saying they are buffing it again next patch. All I was doing was agreeing that getting 500 is a complete and utter joke, which it is.

TheYanger

You have over THREE MONTHS worth of capped valor on that character in terms of gear and upgrades. A piece from Oon, a piece from Nalak, EXALTED shado pan which is also 3 months of diligently doing everything you can for rep.

That's a LOT of lucky drops and vastly more time catching up than you're trying to represent. your shaman where you try to quote shorter times is even more lucky.

ZenaxPure

You have over THREE MONTHS worth of capped valor on that character in terms of gear and upgrades. A piece from Oon, a piece from Nalak, EXALTED shado pan which is also 3 months of diligently doing everything you can for rep.

That's a LOT of lucky drops and vastly more time catching up than you're trying to represent. your shaman where you try to quote shorter times is even more lucky.

Again, though, you seem to be focused on time. Which I am not (for my rogue), obviously he has a lot of time played, since he is you know, my main and shit. That should have been implied by the simple fact I've been playing my rogue since the damn expansion came out... It's not different, then say Sax, who talks in this thread about playing his warlock all the time. Of course his warlock didn't hit 520 in a few weeks. I am in the exact same boat and it's super obvious for anyone who reads this thread on a regular basis.

My shaman is pretty lucky, though, I will give you that. Bunch of H scenario loot despite only doing 3 and a half full clears of ToT. But... I said as much in my post.

Anyway, you need to re-read what I was saying, seriously, people were talking about if getting 500 ilvl was easy or hard and I was agreeing it was easy. The post I quoted was literally saying that 500 ilvl is easy, and I was agreeing, you are super fixated on time for some reason when if you just read the posts responding to your own you would see no one else is.

Fularu

Banned
If you're upgrading gear, you're not buying valor gear. You also don't get anything close to 517 upgradning LFR gear (You get 510s). To have an average over 516 you need a TON of luck based scenario and oon/nalak loot, period. It's total fallacy to say 'oh it's easy to have 517 ilevel in a couple weeks' because you're basing that on near total good RNG. I'm sorry, but 1000 valor a week doesn't let you get a bunch of 522s AND upgrade them, AND upgrade your nalak/oon/scenario gear.

I'm not saying gearing isn't easy, it is. I still refute that anyone can possibly think a number that high is anything but extreme luck though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/grosbill/advanced

Spot the non valor/LFR drop (it's easy, it's from the first boss and it's thunderforged!)

I'm not saying it doesn't take time (it does), I'm just saying that you don't need regular raids to reach 510, let alone 517-518

And I only ever got 2 random scenario drops, out of maybe 20 daily heroics :(

Was doing my dailies today when I realized that the Stranglethorn Fishing thinger would be coming up in about an hour. I'd never done it before so I hopped out to read the specifics, set a couple things on my action bar to speed things up, and placed my hearth at Booty Bay. I logged out at the northern end of the coast of Northern Stranglethorn. When I logged on five minutes until the start a 60-ish level Warlock was camping next to me primed to get some wreckage (which doesn't spawn the tastyfish, jokes on him!). After it started I was able to get three or four pools along the coast but I had to keep leap frogging other people. When I reached the opening of the river I went up the river to find tons of pools and not a single person.

I ended up getting first place 13 minutes into the challenge. Second place got announced at 17 minutes. I was out of the area before third place got announced. Got myself the heirloom ring as that seemed the best pick all around. I kind of want the hook that turns me into a fish but I already have the Aqua Jewel or whatever that gives the same benefits.

Also, cracked open my Primal Egg last night for my first raptor mount and then about 12 dinos later got my next Primal Egg. Good timing too since it was super late and I was about to give up for the evening since I expected I wouldn't see one for another 100 dino kills or so.

I'm now working on the Raiding With Leashes stuff and got the Schematics: Crashin' Thrashin' Robot or whatever it's called. Turns out it's quite rare and tends to sell for a lot. I'm hoping to make a good bit off of that. About to buy my second panther mount (about 1500g short at the moment). Good stuff all around.

Dot50Cal

Banned
517 from only lfr is not even remotely possible without absurd luck on Oon and Nalak, even if you're lucky with scenario dailies that's HIGHER than those items in every single slot so I call BS, but 500 is very reasonable. I've gotten multiple alts to 500 within the past month (Friend and I did some RAF'ing), and it's quite easy.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Urzoth/simple
517, LFR only. I did kill LS once in 25mn, but I didn't get any drops off him. Nalak gave me tier legs and I've upgraded the rest. I think your discounting the 522 valor gear too.

Kinda feeling burnout at this point. I don't have enough time to raid ToT due to work, and I'm almost done with loremaster. The game is starting to become stale for me :(

CassSept

Nobody here ever said that gearing to near 520 doesn't take time. About that point we were just refuting your point that it's impossible to get 517 outside of raiding. Hell, with time dedication while I had some bad luck as usual, I'm about to cross 520 threshold.

What we were saying however was that gearing to 500 takes 3 resets and this might be bumped down to 2 while 5.4 launches. 2 resets in WoW is not "a long time". Setting SoO LFR requirement at 500 is not too high because people will have to gear up for longer. 500 is a perfectly reasonable restriction.

Edit: Jesus, reading blue tweets about LFR is almost painful. Do these people really believe what they are writing? Really, the amount of fallacies and rose-tinted glasses is staggering.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The raid testing (Siege of Orgrimmar) begins on the PTR today:
Monday, June 24

Fallen Protectors - 10 Player Normal
10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)

Kor'kron Dark Shaman - 10 Player Normal
16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

Tuesday, June 25

Immerseus - 10 Player Normal
10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)

General Nazgrim - 10 Player Normal
16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)
Who is interested in forming a team for this? For Fallen Protectors it's probably a bit too late to get something going but maybe for Kor'kron Dark Shaman we can have a group ready.

Also, I had little to do so I used the recently reinstated easy mode of the "mount through wall" glitch to hang out in some hiding spots in Stormwind:

wow_e1j2krd.png

wow_e2tojdy.png

wow_e3r5klw.png

For those who wonder about the image size, I play in 640x480 (fullscreen though). As mentioned before.

mclem

jokes on you the helm has awful secondary stats :p
gz ^^
also couldn't have put the meta in non ToT helms either way unless they changed that recently

Yeah, not overjoyed about dodge/parry, but it's not particularly bad despite that - the fact that it's Thunderforged offsets that somewhat. Sure, there's nicer helms out there, but the chance of *seeing* them is pretty low.

Bisnic

Rösti;65954901 said:
For those who wonder about the image size, I play in 640x480 (fullscreen though). As mentioned before.

Why would you play in such a low resolution? I haven't used it since the 90s.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you play in such a low resolution? I haven't used it since the 90s.
I've got a bad integrated graphics card and the processor I have isn't top notch either. In 640x480 (with every setting at custom or lowest) I get an FPS around 50-80. If I play in 1280x1024 (highest my monitor can use in full screen) the FPS is around 15-20 normally and even lower during boss fights. If I could play in 320x240 fullscreen I'd do that but I haven't been able to get that working. I use the Windows compatibility feature "Run in 640x480 screen resolution". I've tried configuring that to run in even lower resolutions but with no good results.

Magnus

I want to live in this parallel universe where college/university networks are speedier than my home connection.

My for-shit college's wifi can't handle WoW....or something else is wrong and it's banning access to whatever port Blizzard is making my laptop use? I don't know. I don't speak net connectivity lingo.

My phone is actually allowing me to tether WoW with low latency. What an age. My only issue, I see that the client is background downloading as I play (is it prepping for Patch 5.4?) and I just can't have that happening via my phone connection; the data cap will get mangled.

Can I disable that somehow and still play?

Ultratech

Man, I've been on a roll getting Tank gear for my DK tank.

Starting to think it's more interesting than playing Frost. Plus much faster LFR queues.

Got T15 Pants earlier in the week, T14 Helm/Shoulders, and a 516 Tanking Cloak from a Heroic Scenario this morning. (Which went amazingly well.)

Did ToES this morning just to see how stuff would go. Tsulong and Lei Shi scared me a couple of times because I got really close to death.
(I don't think the other Tank was taunting quickly enough.) Hell, I ended up getting up to about 30 stacks on Spray at one point.

I want to live in this parallel universe where college/university networks are speedier than my home connection.

My for-shit college's wifi can't handle WoW....or something else is wrong and it's banning access to whatever port Blizzard is making my laptop use? I don't know. I don't speak net connectivity lingo.

My phone is actually allowing me to tether WoW with low latency. What an age. My only issue, I see that the client is background downloading as I play (is it prepping for Patch 5.4?) and I just can't have that happening via my phone connection; the data cap will get mangled.

Can I disable that somehow and still play?

There's a decent chance it might be getting blocked.

That's how it was at my college. Wi-Fi Speed was good, but I couldn't get on to Blizzard's stuff for some reason or another on it.

You'd probably have to be hooked in or something for it to work right.

Magnus

Cool, yeah. Figured.

Anyone have fun ideas for great Plate Transmog ideas? (or hell, other armor types too). I'm aware of some of the blogs/sites out there that collect outfits/snapshots together, but I'd be curious to see what the faves here are!

I just capped the paladin awhile ago and am hungry for some cool-looking plate awesomeness, from 2H swords, to shields, to sets. I was thinking to go for the Red-coloured Lawbringer from heroic BC dungeons. Always dug how that looked (just like Lord Sanguinar in TK).

Also, any suggestions for getting Keys on the Isle of Thunder? I never find chests, no mobs ever seem to drop the Key, I've killed like ten rares with no key drop this week...wtf? :(

Bisnic

Cool, yeah. Figured.

Anyone have fun ideas for great Plate Transmog ideas? (or hell, other armor types too). I'm aware of some of the blogs/sites out there that collect outfits/snapshots together, but I'd be curious to see what the faves here are!

I just capped the paladin awhile ago and am hungry for some cool-looking plate awesomeness, from 2H swords, to shields, to sets. I was thinking to go for the Red-coloured Lawbringer from heroic BC dungeons. Always dug how that looked (just like Lord Sanguinar in TK).

Also, any suggestions for getting Keys on the Isle of Thunder? I never find chests, no mobs ever seem to drop the Key, I've killed like ten rares with no key drop this week...wtf? :(

I like the T5 set, but that's mostly my paladin is a draenei, and that set was made for draenei paladins. Use it with the Aldori Legacy Defender and a purple crystal weapon like Netherbane or Hammer of Atonement and you're set.

I also like the Season 11 PVP Paladin set(Cataclysmic Gladiator's Scaled), its awesome. I use that set with the Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood, they go very well together.
But that set gonna cost you a lot of honor points, and if you're not into PVP, you'll have to trade Justice Points into Honor points. Not like Justice points are really useful anyway.

Island

Anyone here wanna try and send me a scroll of resurrection? I should have been gone over 90 days by now.... Send a pm if you want... Thanks

Berordn

I just capped the paladin awhile ago and am hungry for some cool-looking plate awesomeness, from 2H swords, to shields, to sets. I was thinking to go for the Red-coloured Lawbringer from heroic BC dungeons. Always dug how that looked (just like Lord Sanguinar in TK).(

I'm a big fan of Tier 6, but you do see a lot of it. Tier 11 Heroic and 12 Heroic are two fairly underrepresented ones and among my favorites.

I kinda wanna level a class in WoW again, I played since 2004 till 2008 (never really raided, casual and alt-a-holic), I started leveling a rogue and got to maybe 30 before pandaria hit then kinda quit (guild imploded also as per usual WoW drama), I just feel like ive been out of the game since Lich King launched in 2008 Fallout 3 then New Vegas has stolen my attention away along with TF2. I just feel lost, Im from 2004 yet never raided and Im pretty sure my level....70(?) something warlock plays nothing like he did in lich and my gear is probably laughable.

oh what to do, what to do... any pve guilds gaf is on? I am est (if people even roll based on timezones anymore..). I was blown away when I came back a year ago briefly and saw how easy to track quests was now (I remember quest helper, titan panel, atlas, auctioneer add ons) and a bit sad that even goldshire had its own gryphon.

I kinda wanna level a class in WoW again, I played since 2004 till 2008 (never really raided, casual and alt-a-holic), I started leveling a rogue and got to maybe 30 before pandaria hit then kinda quit (guild imploded also as per usual WoW drama), I just feel like ive been out of the game since Lich King launched in 2008 Fallout 3 then New Vegas has stolen my attention away along with TF2. I just feel lost, Im from 2004 yet never raided and Im pretty sure my level....70(?) something warlock plays nothing like he did in lich and my gear is probably laughable.

oh what to do, what to do... any pve guilds gaf is on? I am est (if people even roll based on timezones anymore..). I was blown away when I came back a year ago briefly and saw how easy to track quests was now (I remember quest helper, titan panel, atlas, auctioneer add ons) and a bit sad that even goldshire had its own gryphon.

Warlocks saw some drastic changes this expansion, I believe it was. You most definitely won't play the same as you did back then. But warlocks are commonly considered one of the more entertaining classes. I started one that's still relatively low level and I feel like a monster blowing everything up.

I'm in a fairly active alliance guild (5-18 members online at different times of day) on a pve server Shadowsong. You're welcome to join the guild if you wish but there's no other gaffers that I'm aware of. The few gaffers I do stuff with is through the Real ID system since you can do everything cross realm now. If you have an alliance character we can group up to do just about anything without need of worrying about server.

sqwarlock

Warlocks saw some drastic changes this expansion, I believe it was. You most definitely won't play the same as you did back then. But warlocks are commonly considered one of the more entertaining classes. I started one that's still relatively low level and I feel like a monster blowing everything up.

I'm in a fairly active alliance guild (5-18 members online at different times of day) on a pve server Shadowsong. You're welcome to join the guild if you wish but there's no other gaffers that I'm aware of. The few gaffers I do stuff with is through the Real ID system since you can do everything cross realm now. If you have an alliance character we can group up to do just about anything without need of worrying about server.

Speaking of Real ID, do we have a repository of Gaffer's IDs?

Anyone has experienced whether the Legendary meta gem does proc in challenge mode dgs? I'm pretty sure that set bonuses do not, don't they?

Berordn

I've been playing since 2004, and never sent out a scroll. I'm sure I have plenty. Don't you get a mount for doing that? If the person that receives plays longer than a month?

I don't think there's many limitations on sending them out, but being eligible to receive them require you to have been inactive for a year.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got not one but two pieces of gear from the world bosses today :D

My T14 pants of Nalak, and a ring off of Gal (still had a blue ring, so was quite the nice upgrade)

Makes up for getting a crapton of gold over the last few weeks.

Tarazet

Got not one but two pieces of gear from the world bosses today :D

My T14 pants of Nalak, and a ring off of Gal (still had a blue ring, so was quite the nice upgrade)

Makes up for getting a crapton of gold over the last few weeks.

I managed to get a ring off of Oondasta, which replaced a crappy one from Jin'rokh normal. That was after getting my 5th or 6th PvP bracers from Nalak.

I don't think there's many limitations on sending them out, but being eligible to receive them require you to have been inactive for a year.

Unless they changed it it wasn't based off of one year of inactivity but if you were inactive before a particular date. I'm fairly certain I posted it much earlier in the thread. I'm not going to dig around for it but I want to say it hasn't been active since March 20, 2012 or roughly around there. So now it's a fair bit over a year.

Today was a pretty good day. Got the Onyxia mount (and a second panther). I'm up 167 or 168 mounts now. Got the five Secrets I needed, the last one from Lei Shen, and finished up the legendary stuff to get my meta gem. And finished getting exalted with Shado Pan Assault giving me 58 exalted reps. I need two more for my "the Beloved" title and I've got some pretty easy options. Need around 1500 rep for Ashen Verdict so part of an ICC run would do that. Need around 4500 for Hyjal, I believe, so one Mount Hyjal run would net that easily enough. I'm also only around four Mana Tomb runs from finishing The Consortium and still need to finish up Wildhammer from Cata so just wearing the tabard and running around six or seven heroics would probably be about enough (possibly ten runs would be needed, don't know exact numbers based off of what's ran). So yeah, that's easily within reach.

Also picked up a number of pieces for my resto OS that I do nothing with. It's up to 483 with me barely focusing on it. This was the first week I had it set for ToT since I'm done gearing my enhance set in there. Otherwise it was some odds and ends from the AH and Heroics for the most part. Good stuff! I can't wait for Proving Grounds so I can practice healing and get a better idea what I'm doing and how to be effective. Maybe I'll actually try to seriously heal something!?

vocab

I did all the world bosses. Got a shitty downgrade belt.

Did all of ToT LFR. No loot except for Thunderking Crown. I'm happy.

lordmrw

finally completed my rogue 4-set today, that bonus is ridiculous for combat. I have to really pay attention and time it around phase transitions to get the most out of the adrenaline rush+ shadow blade combo, I blew it a few times earlier this week on durumu. I also got my legendary meta game last night and frigging hell that sha amalgamation is absolutely terribly designed for melee. I managed to cheese it with shuriken toss but that was after 8 or 9 wipes and 300 gold in repairs.

RPGCrazied

Since when is maintenance on a Wednesday? It says scheduled on the login screen. I thought it was Tuesdays? Was going to start on ToT LFR today, even though I'm kinda nervous. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom