• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

finally completed my rogue 4-set today, that bonus is ridiculous for combat. I have to really pay attention and time it around phase transitions to get the most out of the adrenaline rush+ shadow blade combo, I blew it a few times earlier this week on durumu. I also got my legendary meta game last night and frigging hell that sha amalgamation is absolutely terribly designed for melee. I managed to cheese it with shuriken toss but that was after 8 or 9 wipes and 300 gold in repairs.

You should theoretically cap energy with that combo right? You get 25 base energy regen and sinister strikes cost 20 energy, so how the hell can you dump energy in that setup :eek:?

I love the bonus, it's amazing and very fun. It's so satisfying pulling nearly 350k dps on burst, I have to buy flask once for LFR and see how high can I go.

RPGCrazied

Whoa, I thought today would be a bad day. With weird maintenance today. I did my first ToT run, easier than I thought. I walk away with a juju trinket and helm. Then for kicks I try and do shaz again for my sha weapon, and the fucking bitch finally drops it. :p

Wo_WScrn_Shot_062613_142134.jpg

CassSept

Damn you v.v

I had such a terrible reset, worst one in a long time. Not a single item, not a single runestone except for the guaranteed one (and I was at 9/12, I was hoping I could luck out and finish the cloak today...), pet from Vashj didn't drop again (it's been the last one I need for like 3 weeks now and Vashj takes the most time out of all bosses that drop pets!), nothing I solo farm dropped either.

A complete waste. Maybe next week will be better...

RPGCrazied

Damn you v.v

I had such a terrible reset, worst one in a long time. Not a single item, not a single runestone except for the guaranteed one (and I was at 9/12, I was hoping I could luck out and finish the cloak today...), pet from Vashj didn't drop again (it's been the last one I need for like 3 weeks now and Vashj takes the most time out of all bosses that drop pets!), nothing I solo farm dropped either.

A complete waste. Maybe next week will be better...

I've been trying to get this weapon for weeks now, maybe months. Do runestones drop if you don't have the quest? No sense in doing it, if I'm not there yet. I'm still on test of valor, getting 3k valor.

Ultratech

Did 3/4 wings of ToT last night hunting for tank gear.
Got mostly gold and crap.

Then I went and did MSV...where my shitty co-tank died to Floor Boss and didn't know the last fight which led to a wipe. No luck on gear there either.

I've been trying to get this weapon for weeks now, maybe months. Do runestones drop if you don't have the quest? No sense in doing it, if I'm not there yet. I'm still on test of valor, getting 3k valor.

Nope. It sucks.

cdyhybrid

Haven't done ToT yet, saved it for last because I finished my Sigils and then got my Chimera of Fear yesterday. Got fed up with no tank stuff dropping and bought some blues to fill in the last few spots. Hopefully I have better luck in ToT.

Before Runestones you still will need to do Secrets of the Empire which is a drop from ToT bosses. The rate is roughly 30% drop so most people take about five or so weeks to get them all. And then you get to Titan Runestones after that. You'll be running ToT for many weeks still.

ZenaxPure

Damn you v.v

I had such a terrible reset, worst one in a long time. Not a single item, not a single runestone except for the guaranteed one (and I was at 9/12, I was hoping I could luck out and finish the cloak today...)

Man, I actually had a damn good reset. I waltzed right into ToT to get the last runestone I needed and also got the boots from Iron Qon which was pretty much the last item I needed from ToT as well. Feels weird to be absolutely done with LFR while 5.4 is so far away, I didn't get the last item I needed from 5.0 LFR until a few weeks into ToT.

The cape is so strong, between that and the boots I ended up jumping from 517 ilvl to 523. My favorite part though is how the cape has almost 3k stamina when it's upgraded, I am sitting at 470k hp unbuffed, so hilarious considering how low you start out as a fresh 90.

I finally got loot on my 16th streak protected bonus roll, but of course it was just a troll =P. Iron Qon can drop three items for me. The shoulders and ring are the only items I've still needed from LFR for a few weeks now. I got the boots (3rd pair) though.

On the bright side, my DK only needs two more shards to finish up Shadowmourne. Past four weeks I've gotten 8, 4, 7, 7. So that's basically guaranteed next week right?! Right?!?! >_>;;;

Tarazet

Man, I actually had a damn good reset. I waltzed right into ToT to get the last runestone I needed and also got the boots from Iron Qon which was pretty much the last item I needed from ToT as well. Feels weird to be absolutely done with LFR while 5.4 is so far away, I didn't get the last item I needed from 5.0 LFR until a few weeks into ToT.

I'm in a similar situation, but the next level up. I don't need any more 522 gear because so much of it was covered by easy to get valor pieces. Only killed Lei Shen twice on normal and I'm up to ilvl 526 already. But I still need 3 more runestones..

ZenaxPure

I'm in a similar situation, but the next level up. I don't need any more 522 gear because so much of it was covered by easy to get valor pieces. Only killed Lei Shen twice on normal and I'm up to ilvl 526 already. But I still need 3 more runestones..

Yeah, I feel like I've had a lot better luck this tier overall. Valor gear helps, but, so does the fact that there are multiple options per slot now. Daggers for example, I had multiple chances for since there are 3 total in the instance, and, one of them was shared loot between multiple bosses. In the 5.0 raids on the other hand I had to get double of the same dagger since there was only two total and one of them was from MSV so it had a lower ilvl. Took me close to 20 kills just to get two daggers from Lei Shi in toes. Such bad times.

Ultratech

Yeah, I feel like I've had a lot better luck this tier overall. Valor gear helps, but, so does the fact that there are multiple options per slot now. Daggers for example, I had multiple chances for since there are 3 total in the instance, and, one of them was shared loot between multiple bosses. In the 5.0 raids on the other hand I had to get double of the same dagger since there was only two total and one of them was from MSV so it had a lower ilvl. Took me close to 20 kills just to get two daggers from Lei Shi in toes. Such bad times.

It really does help quite a bit.

Like I got Shoulders off Horridon last week (which turned out to be shared loot), and a few helms for Frost/Blood specs.
So now I'm having to figure out what Helm's better for what. (Right now, I got Lei Shen's Helm, T15 Helm Token, and a DPS Helm...fun stuff.)

Annoyingly, I still haven't got a weapon upgrade for my Hunter, who's still rocking an upgraded Sha gun from LFR.
Got pretty much everything else except his Belt above 502 at this point, with 4~5 522 pieces from Shado-Pan and Oondasta (plus one or two things from Heroic Scenarios).

Also kinda getting annoyed by all the extra Hit/Expertise on certain pieces of gear and trinkets. (+983 Hit? Time for more reforging!)

CassSept

I usually just set the other tank on focus. Eventually if I zone out for a while DBM always screams at me when the other tank reaches enough stacks/whatevers that I need to taunt.

ZenaxPure

Also kinda getting annoyed by all the extra Hit/Expertise on certain pieces of gear and trinkets. (+983 Hit? Time for more reforging!)

I literally can't go under the hit cap in my gear, it's kinda depressing haha. That VP agility trinket just has so much hit. Currently sitting at 9.4%

RPGCrazied

The bosses in ToT share loot right? So I can just sit on the first wing to get stuff I want? Mainly want the TaTa fist weapon at the moment.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The bosses in ToT share loot right? So I can just sit on the first wing to get stuff I want? Mainly want the TaTa fist weapon at the moment.

There are a few shared items but in general loot is specific to each boss.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What Cass said. Focus, DBM, or ventrilo / teamspeak / skype / whatever.

Or they abruptly drop dead, that works too.

3 Runestons left :(.

Yeah, just right click on the other tank and choosing the Focus option is probably the easiest way. No need for addons or anything.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just started collecting secrets of the empire. 3/20 this week. Seems to be a long journey considering I have most of my ToT loot already.

TheYanger

I was planning on making some tanking newbie videos and never did, but the answers here make me very sad as far as tracking debuffs :(

Target of Target. Make a good target of target frame, and have DEBUFFS for that frame. Buffs for targets (mobs), debuffs for ToTs (other tanks, or even yourself).

Also, the VAST (seriously like almost every single one) majority of fights, you can simply taunt when YOUR debuff falls off. That's the reason for a tank swap in the first place most of the time anyway, you're not taunting at a 'number' so much as swapping so that debuffs will fall off. The numbers are just when those happen to be.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just started collecting secrets of the empire. 3/20 this week. Seems to be a long journey considering I have most of my ToT loot already.
I'm at 14/20 currently with Halls of Flesh-Shaping and Pinnacle of Storms left to do this week (in Raid Finder). It shouldn't be too long to have that completed. Then the hunt for Titan Runestones begins, and I've heard that's not as easy to receive.

Berordn

I was planning on making some tanking newbie videos and never did, but the answers here make me very sad as far as tracking debuffs :(

Target of Target. Make a good target of target frame, and have DEBUFFS for that frame. Buffs for targets (mobs), debuffs for ToTs (other tanks, or even yourself).

Also, the VAST (seriously like almost every single one) majority of fights, you can simply taunt when YOUR debuff falls off. That's the reason for a tank swap in the first place most of the time anyway, you're not taunting at a 'number' so much as swapping so that debuffs will fall off. The numbers are just when those happen to be.

Target of Target frame is a godsend, really.

Only thing I'd add is that it's really important to make sure you can see the other tanks debuffs on the target too, so you know if they've taunted and you didn't just randomly lose agro for some other reason, and so you can keep track of their weakened blows debuff and not prematurely apply your own (unless your standard rotation does it automatically, but it's still handy to keep track of).

My friend send me a scroll of resurrection but I think I've only been away 2ish months. I got the e-mail, will I be able to benefit from it?

Wanted to try out a Holy Pally and finally get into MoP.

CassSept

Rösti;66668956 said:
I'm at 14/20 currently with Halls of Flesh-Shaping and Pinnacle of Storms left to do this week (in Raid Finder). It shouldn't be too long to have that completed. Then the hunt for Titan Runestones begins, and I've heard that's not as easy to receive.

Secrets drop rate seems to be around 30%, so 4-5 weeks of the entire raid seems enough.

Titan Runestones take forever though. Only 2 left.... so close...

My friend send me a scroll of resurrection but I think I've only been away 2ish months. I got the e-mail, will I be able to benefit from it?

Wanted to try out a Holy Pally and finally get into MoP.

Since this sort of question has come up twice recently I'll copy and paste this again from the official FAQ:

"To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft license that has not been active after March 4th, 2012. Only accounts that have been continually inactive since March 4, 2012 are eligible to receive a scroll. A license is considered active when it has game time, whether that time is a paid subscription or free game time."

So no, it won't do anything for you.

sqwarlock

Finally was able to start running LFR yesterday (ran Mogu'shan Vaults and the first part of Heart of Fear). Got good gear, but mostly for slots that I already had superior gear for.

Sitting at 470 right now, and can't wait to get back from my vacation and push that even higher.

Since this sort of question has come up twice recently I'll copy and paste this again from the official FAQ:

"To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft license that has not been active after March 4th, 2012. Only accounts that have been continually inactive since March 4, 2012 are eligible to receive a scroll. A license is considered active when it has game time, whether that time is a paid subscription or free game time."

So no, it won't do anything for you.

Aww boo! Thank you :)

Now I'm not sure if I have the Willpower to level a pally from scratch or to just level one of my 85's. Are Resto Shamans still highly regarded?

Bizazedo

I don't think we were trying to do more than simply answer his question, Yanger :). You're right, though, you could do everything you describe as well. It's just not necessary, is all (i.e., we find it easy, hence lazy replies).

Your suggestions, as usual though, are excellent.

cdyhybrid

I usually just set the other tank on focus. Eventually if I zone out for a while DBM always screams at me when the other tank reaches enough stacks/whatevers that I need to taunt.

What Cass said. Focus, DBM, or ventrilo / teamspeak / skype / whatever.

Or they abruptly drop dead, that works too.

3 Runestons left :(.

The stacks show in the raid frames. If they don't, then I put the off-tank on focus.

Thanks for the answers. Any of you guys use X-Perl? My Focus frame vanished and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it back. Tried checking and unchecking all the frame options, reloading UI, relogging, etc. Nada.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else have framerate issues in ToT? I seem to raid fine in any other raid, but this one is different. Specially on the first boss and those wind walkways with the flying troll spirit thingies. I saw it get as low as 15. Never seen it that low before.

Anyway, got a cape from the dinosaur boss.

CassSept

Thanks for the answers. Any of you guys use X-Perl? My Focus frame vanished and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it back. Tried checking and unchecking all the frame options, reloading UI, relogging, etc. Nada.

Sorry, I use Pitbull, haven't used X-Perl in ages (5 years, if not more) so I can't help you :/

Anyone else have framerate issues in ToT? I seem to raid fine in any other raid, but this one is different. Specially on the first boss and those wind walkways with the flying troll spirit thingies. I saw it get as low as 15. Never seen it that low before.

I do have some dips on Jin'rokh, but later wings are ok.

However recently I started getting ridiculous framerate on Isle of Conquest which is weird. Every other bg works fine, yet on IoC I get half the fps I usually do, it's very distracting.

TheYanger

I don't think we were trying to do more than simply answer his question, Yanger :). You're right, though, you could do everything you describe as well. It's just not necessary, is all (i.e., we find it easy, hence lazy replies).

Your suggestions, as usual though, are excellent.

I realize that :) I'm just saying it's so much less complicated to just have one universal frame. It's also the same place you can look to see if you've lost aggro on something (important for large bosses where you can't see a nameplate for instance) or just generally who something is on in a flash. While as a healer, staring at grid or whatever for an aggro indicator is good, as a tank you really should be focusing on the game world primarily, so a well located player, target, and tot set of frames is clutch. You NEVER see a successful tank UI without them.

Also, for the record, you don't have to do anything to achieve this but enable ToT in the default UI, and move the frames around :) They're not quite as full featured but they totally work.

vocab

Ya it's normal (well the wind walkway is normal for me). So much shit on the screen. I don't even think wow even supports quad cores at this point.

Sec0nd

Activated my 10 day MoP trail and started playing as a Panda monk. Holy fuck balls what a boring class. I'm level 12 now and just finished all the starter quests (which were very boring as well, compared to the goblin starters). Does it get any better or am I better off spending my 10 day trial playing another class?

Also, are talents gone?

sqwarlock

cdyhybrid

Activated my 10 day MoP trail and started playing as a Panda monk. Holy fuck balls what a boring class. I'm level 12 now and just finished all the starter quests (which were very boring as well, compared to the goblin starters). Does it get any better or am I better off spending my 10 day trial playing another class?

Also, are talents gone?

All classes are boring at that level.

RPGCrazied

Ya it's normal (well the wind walkway is normal for me). So much shit on the screen. I don't even think wow even supports quad cores at this point.

I got a small improvement by installing my motherboard chipset drivers. I'm talking a few frames though, nothing major. If I could get a steady 20 that would be great. I'm playing with SpellEffectLevel, apparently that is spells on the ground and stuff.

Tamanon

Banned

Also, are talents gone?

I'm going to assume you're Windwalker. But most classes are relatively boring early on, they like to layer the abilities on. Monks are fun though, IMO. It just takes a while to get all the abilities you need. But once you do, they do things rather efficiently.

Sciz

Monks are one of the fastest-paced, most mobile classes in the game.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, I really want to heal in LFR, but I'm absolutely terrified to do so. :\

It's not that hard to be honest. Most wipes are due to tanks not knowing what to do, or DPS doing stupid shit. The only thing healers need to watch out is to not dispel the fire debuff on Megaera while the target is surrounded by people.

But then, my paladin healer have around 500 item lvl, so maybe I'm not in the best position to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom