• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

It's not even classes anymore, since Wrath is part of the battlechest. Just monks at this point.

True enough I guess, never really considered the battlechest. Though to be fair I assume that it doesn't apply to trial accounts? I imagine they are locked out of DKs as well.

4th specs, believe. (sorry druids)

Would be pretty awesome. I just want them to turn every class into hybrids but they seem pretty against it.

Berordn

True enough I guess, never really considered the battlechest. Though to be fair I assume that it doesn't apply to trial accounts? I imagine they are locked out of DKs as well.

I'm not actually sure. They had the BC races at one point, before the 5.0 patch that just made it baseline, but I guess it doesn't really matter much since they wouldn't be able to have a DK anyway.

ZenaxPure

but I guess it doesn't really matter much since they wouldn't be able to have a DK anyway.

This made me realize I have no ideas how DKs work anymore. Can you make one without having another high level character or do you still need some character at X level (can't even remember what level that was)?

It's been so long since that has mattered to me I have no idea if it's been changed or not.

Tamanon

Banned
This made me realize I have no ideas how DKs work anymore. Can you make one without having another high level character or do you still need some character at X level (can't even remember what level that was)?

It's been so long since that has mattered to me I have no idea if it's been changed or not.

You still need a character at level 55 on some server, doesn't have to be the same one.

Cipherr

The new expansion will probably have the least amount of new content. No new classes or races will be a bummer too.

I think they will do something wild, like a 4th spec for every class (and fleshing out the 4th spec for druids even further); with all classes getting either another healing/dps or tanking spec that plays extremely different from their other 3 specs.

There are already classes in the game with as many as 3 different dps specs on one class, and some with as many as 2 healing specs on one class too. So it can definitely be done. Toss in 1 new talent tier and a set of 3 passive skills choosable from a list (diablo 3 style) and I think they could still have plenty of room to do things to keep the classes interesting.

Prologue

With About 7 hours played on my pally I'm already 41, love the new leveling lol. Makes things so quick for people who want to jump on new tools after a long break (given you have heirloom and guild XP bonuses).

Would going Holy around 80 be smart or stupid? I plan to go holy endgame and I figure doing dungeons here and there from 80-90 should help me understand holy. Or just wait for 85 to go holy because loot is a ton better?

So about 14 hours without heirlooms and guild xp?

vocab

Really disliking my dk more and more in pvp situations. Feel super worthless to the point of just deleting the character. Don't do no damage, and take damage like a bitch.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Really disliking my dk more and more in pvp situations. Feel super worthless to the point of just deleting the character. Don't do no damage, and take damage like a bitch.

Conversion and chains of ice in blood presence. You will never die.

Ultratech

I think they will do something wild, like a 4th spec for every class (and fleshing out the 4th spec for druids even further); with all classes getting either another healing/dps or tanking spec that plays extremely different from their other 3 specs.

There are already classes in the game with as many as 3 different dps specs on one class, and some with as many as 2 healing specs on one class too. So it can definitely be done. Toss in 1 new talent tier and a set of 3 passive skills choosable from a list (diablo 3 style) and I think they could still have plenty of room to do things to keep the classes interesting.

Eh...it'd be kinda interesting, but I think they'll probably just revamp some Specs to make them play totally differently, rather than add a 4th spec to every class.
(That's not to say some classes could get one, but I don't see it happening with every class.)

Do kinda like they did to Warlocks basically.

Eh...it'd be kinda interesting, but I think they'll probably just revamp some Specs to make them play totally differently, rather than add a 4th spec to every class.
(That's not to say some classes could get one, but I don't see it happening with every class.)

Do kinda like they did to Warlocks basically.

I definitely see them doing this with the lesser played classes. Weren't warlocks towards the bottom in percent of population? I know they've said they plan on changing rogues and hunters due to too much similarity in their three specs so I wouldn't be overly surprised if those two are next. Rogues are also one of the lesser played classes, I believe.

I understand not wanting to make major changes to every class commonly because some players get annoyed when their class plays differently than they're used to but I always like the big changes because it makes things more interesting, typically. My enhancement shaman has seen little change to the way it plays aside from not having to constantly worry about placing totems as much. That was a smart change but ultimately I feel a pretty small change in basic play. Every patch for me is pretty much a change in percentage of damage to buff up some aspect or make a talent slightly more compelling.

Oh, and not that there's many enhance here to agree or disagree but I really hate that enhance gets the ability to cast lightning bolts while moving. I tend to sneak a bolt off if I'm at three or four maelstrom stacks but I don't actually keep an eye on the top-right corner to check my stacks. In the past I'd cast and if it was slow I'd just do a small step to the side to cancel it. Now I just sit and get annoyed because I didn't have as many maelstrom procs as I would normally average. If they put out a minor glyph to take away casting while moving for lightning bolts I'd be all over that.

Edit: Started looking into the lightning bolt thing and seems most the replies say how good it is for enhance. I should probably consider some add on that makes my maelstrom procs really visible because I simply can't keep an eye on the top-right corner, especially with how many buffs I get from procs (trinkets, dancing steel, and those from abilities) that they're constantly wiggling and shifting about. Sure, it does mean I cast lightning bolt while running towards enemies if there's a lot of movement but the trade off of casting slow lightning bolts while standing next to an enemy annoys me so much. Any suggested shaman add ons for something like that? Probably time I consider updating all my UI stuff, heh.

vocab

Can anyone recommend a ui that isn't tukui or elvui. I like a lot of things in elv ui, but the health bars are garbage. The font sucks, can't see shit, and the numbers are barely visable.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
as far as new races go, i think they're going to be adding a lot of neutral races that can go either alliance or horde, like the pandarens.

i dont think we'll see anymore "faction-exclusive" races really

strafer

Proving Grounds is coming to the PTR in the next couple of weeks. They will start out with basic things like doing a certain amount of DPS or keeping NPCs alive through some damage and then mix in things like not standing in fire or interrupting to prevent CC or heals. You will be put in a group with NPCs that will show up on your party frames, just like players would.

I honestly can't wait to try out Proving Grounds. I always wanted something like that. Now I can try out Healing and Tanking.

Thank you Blizzard.

RPGCrazied

Went ahead and did the 2nd wing of ToT. Wasn't so bad, but I made sure I didn't want egg duty on the last boss. I got one shotted by a snail. I didn't know you can't stand in front of those. Been reading up on the ToT bosses, and gaf strategies. Got some gloves on this run too. My ilvl is 496!

potam

Banned
Just resubbed, and I feel like leveling up my priest. From what I've been reading, specs across the board seem somewhat equal. But for burning through LFG instances as I level, should I go disc or holy?

And can someone give me a quick rundown of the changes since MoP's launch?

sqwarlock

Just resubbed, and I feel like leveling up my priest. From what I've been reading, specs across the board seem somewhat equal. But for burning through LFG instances as I level, should I go disc or holy?

And can someone give me a quick rundown of the changes since MoP's launch?

I went disc to 85 and shadow to 90 after that. Was super easy, and I think I made it in under five days /played with heirlooms and guild bonus.

Tamanon

Banned
I'd say Disc to 56/58(I forget which level you get Chakra), Holy to 84/85, Shadow to 90.

Holy gets insanely powerful both in dungeons and soloing at 58 when you get Chakra. Chakra:Chastise makes your smites and holy fires two-shot almost everything until Cataclysm. And you're still great in dungeons.

potam

Banned
I went disc to 85 and shadow to 90 after that. Was super easy, and I think I made it in under five days /played with heirlooms and guild bonus.

I'd say Disc to 56/58(I forget which level you get Chakra), Holy to 84/85, Shadow to 90.

Holy gets insanely powerful both in dungeons and soloing at 58 when you get Chakra. Chakra:Chastise makes your smites and holy fires two-shot almost everything until Cataclysm. And you're still great in dungeons.

Ok cool. My priest is 70/71 I think as of last night. Sounds like I'll stick with Holy until 85.

And are there any really good free leveling guides out there? I mean, I know leveling is pretty straightforward and easy...but I just feel like I level slower than other people, even with guild exp and heirlooms.

What to expect in the last wing of ToT?

Since it's a Sunday afternoon... probably pain >_>

But nah the first two bosses are some of the easiest and straightforward in ToT LFR, imo. Lei Shen requires some raid execution, but chances are there will be someone who puts down markers and tells people where to go, making it relatively simple.

RPGCrazied

The third is arguably the worst because of durumu. Read up/watch videos on him, as the fight will not go well for the unprepared.

The fourth I find to often be the easiest actually though.

Looks like. Bunch of coloured gas. Don't let the gas touch, since I'm dps I stand in the red gas?

Something about a laser beam, and you have to block the person being targeted by standing in front of them or something?

Ultratech

And are there any really good free leveling guides out there? I mean, I know leveling is pretty straightforward and easy...but I just feel like I level slower than other people, even with guild exp and heirlooms.

Not really much point in a guide now.

Best advice would be to complete Dungeon Quests (they give lots of EXP and sometimes gear), and keep moving on to areas that give you more EXP for quests in your level range.

Also something to note is that there's gear vendors in Hyjal and Vashj'ir when you hit 80 since there's a pretty big gear jump at 80 when you move to Cata content.
And of course, they pop up again in Pandaria when you hit 85, though there's gear vendors in several areas there.
(The jump here isn't quite as severe, since the first several quests in Pandaria give you pretty decent stuff.)

I'm really tempted to roll Engineer now. REALLY tempted.

Mats for it seem pretty crazy though.

CassSept

The third is arguably the worst because of durumu. Read up/watch videos on him, as the fight will not go well for the unprepared.

The fourth I find to often be the easiest actually though.

"The worst" because of difficulty, yes, but it's compact, fast and fun when you learn the execution.

As far as pure "quality" goes, I hate Last Stand of Zandalari because it's boring, but jesus everything beats out Forgotten Depths and trashes there. Megaera trashes can take everything from 5 to 55 minutes and Ji-kun's are painful to watch due to idiots running into big shiny things.

potam

Banned
Not really much point in a guide now.

Best advice would be to complete Dungeon Quests (they give lots of EXP and sometimes gear), and keep moving on to areas that give you more EXP for quests in your level range.

Also something to note is that there's gear vendors in Hyjal and Vashj'ir when you hit 80 since there's a pretty big gear jump at 80 when you move to Cata content.
And of course, they pop up again in Pandaria when you hit 85, though there's gear vendors in several areas there.
(The jump here isn't quite as severe, since the first several quests in Pandaria give you pretty decent stuff.)

That's what I figured. I guess I'm just not as good as I thought I was. I wish there was a way, 8.5 years into the game, to roll a new character at max level for the previous expansion assuming you have a max level character. All the content is so pointless, since you blow through it at such an insane speed. At this point in the game it's just a roadblock to the actual content.

I'm really tempted to roll Engineer now. REALLY tempted.

Mats for it seem pretty crazy though.

Compared to the other super expensive crafted mounts it's not even close. Of course with how much living steel it requires I expect the price of living steel to go up but let's say it doubles from roughly 500g a living steel costs right now to 1,000g. That's still only 30k gold for that. Getting 300 ghost iron ore also isn't all that bad. Even at 100g a stack that's only 15 stacks so another 1,500g. So roughly 32k gold for the newest engineering mount seems fairly cheap. The Geosynchronous World Spinner costs at least twice that in mats to make and sells for closer to 100k on the AH currently.

I'd be surprised if they don't add some expensive vendor mat. Probably toss in a couple of the orbs required for the other expensive mounts so the overall cost goes up 36k.

Then again perhaps the idea is to simply make a crafted resource more valuable with trillium, ghost iron, and living steel all seeing big jumps from it? It's definitely one way to do it and something I'll enjoy since I tend to sell random stacks of ore as I collect them. I rarely go for flat-out farming but selling a few stacks from mining while flying about for other stuff isn't rare.

RPGCrazied

30x living steel. lol

I only have one engineer on a character I never use anymore. Pity. I wish you could somehow make it, and say buy a licensee for your characters to use it or something. I will never level through engineering ever again, godly mount or not. Hopefully its like the jewlcrafting panther, just requires jewlcrafting to make it, but anyone can use it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
"The worst" because of difficulty, yes, but it's compact, fast and fun when you learn the execution.

As far as pure "quality" goes, I hate Last Stand of Zandalari because it's boring, but jesus everything beats out Forgotten Depths and trashes there. Megaera trashes can take everything from 5 to 55 minutes and Ji-kun's are painful to watch due to idiots running into big shiny things.

The problem is this is LFR. I may know the execution, but apparently half the raid usually does not :p

All things considered, the only reason I dislike the third wing is because of the average raid group and durumu. In fact Primordius is probably my favorite fight of the whole raid. And not just for the gollum voice haha.

Ultratech

The problem is this is LFR. I may know the execution, but apparently half the raid usually does not :p

All things considered, the only reason I dislike the third wing is because of the average raid group and durumu. In fact Primordius is probably my favorite fight of the whole raid. And not just for the gollum voice haha.

Yeah, it's almost assured you're gonna have a handful of people die to Disintegration Beam in LFR.

Primodius is such a creepyfight, especially with his quotes during the battle...
"It tears from the inside..."

Compared to the other super expensive crafted mounts it's not even close. Of course with how much living steel it requires I expect the price of living steel to go up but let's say it doubles from roughly 500g a living steel costs right now to 1,000g. That's still only 30k gold for that. Getting 300 ghost iron ore also isn't all that bad. Even at 100g a stack that's only 15 stacks so another 1,500g. So roughly 32k gold for the newest engineering mount seems fairly cheap. The Geosynchronous World Spinner costs at least twice that in mats to make and sells for closer to 100k on the AH currently.

I'd be surprised if they don't add some expensive vendor mat. Probably toss in a couple of the orbs required for the other expensive mounts so the overall cost goes up 36k.

Well, one Jard's thing is 10x Ghost Iron Bar. So for 30, it'd be 300 Bars, which is 600 Ore.

The Living Steel is 1800 Bars (3600 Ore) assuming you don't buy any of it, or have any extra Trillium lying around. But this almost demands you have an alt or a friend with Alchemy.

Either way, it'd take 30 days minimum to make the thing.

But I suppose you're right, it's not near as bad as the other super expensive mounts.
They could almost certainly change that, however.

Well, one Jard's thing is 10x Ghost Iron Bar. So for 30, it'd be 300 Bars, which is 600 Ore.

The Living Steel is 1800 Bars (3600 Ore) assuming you don't buy any of it, or have any extra Trillium lying around. But this almost demands you have an alt or a friend with Alchemy.

Either way, it'd take 30 days minimum to make the thing.

But I suppose you're right, it's not near as bad as the other super expensive mounts.
They could almost certainly change that, however.

Sure, to make it all by yourself would be pretty rough but I don't expect anyone to actually do that by farming 4200 ghost iron ore. Which would be what, 210 stacks of the stuff? That'd be absolutely ridiculous. It seems much more feasible that people will buy supplies off of the AH, which also means this is the prime time to start stacking ghost iron and living steel to sell in the AH because that stuff will rocket up in price following the patch.

Ripclawe

Banned
so i played around with the wowarmory app for the first time.... damn you blizzard.. damn you..

now I see why I could never get a good deal on AH anymore

Hey, my realm is basically dead, so I'll ask here.

Anyone use the Healbot addon? I've been using it for awhile now, but it's suddenly not working correctly. I even reinstalled and updated. Anyone else having issues with it?

I don't use it but even recently updating it you might want to verify it's not unchecked in the add-on menu and waiting for you to click "Load Outdated Add Ons" or whatever that checkbox says. My FloTotemBar add on does that to me occasionally, even after updating, so that's the only thing I can suggest.

And by not working correctly I'm simply assuming it's not showing up. If it's showing up but not functioning as expected then I have no idea.

EekTheKat

Just left my guild after a decent 3 year run with them, it's simply time to go with my class on the decline and other more suitable options being available to them.

I announced I was quitting raiding 2 weeks ago, stuck around to give them enough time to find replacements, and hung around incase they needed me to fill in during that time.

Feels weird, and I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of heat for leaving (since there's no such thing as a clean exit from a guild), I had hoped my contributions for the last few years meant something, but then I noticed there was really only 1 other person that's been around as long as I have in that guild.

3 or so years, I've only missed like 6 raids total, and it took some real life problems to get me away from raiding.

Oh and incase someone figures out who I am on what server: I'll probably still be around - I'll be playing for fun/casually. You guys looked set with the new faces, and I'm simply stepping aside for the new crop of kids coming in.

Rokam

So..I played for about a week, was bored out of my mind the entire time. I think I'm finally done, hooray! Now release Hearthstone.

Totalriot

Sure, to make it all by yourself would be pretty rough but I don't expect anyone to actually do that by farming 4200 ghost iron ore. Which would be what, 210 stacks of the stuff? That'd be absolutely ridiculous. It seems much more feasible that people will buy supplies off of the AH, which also means this is the prime time to start stacking ghost iron and living steel to sell in the AH because that stuff will rocket up in price following the patch.

After reading about this mount two or threee days ago, I started ramping up my living steel production. I have three 90s with access to the Halfhill farm and two transmutation alchemists. So far, the ore the farms produce each day is enough to create two living steel bars per day.

No I only need my 70 rogue engineer to level...

RPGCrazied

That sure was fast. I didn't want to go through the cloud serpent dailies again, wanted my rogue to be able to use the mount I have on my warrior. I got to revered in one day, lol. I have the rep bonus and found one egg, so.

Bizazedo

It doesn't really take much to do it yourself. Especially due to the living steel cooldowns.

Mine dat Trillium / farm those warbringers or rares.

strafer

Damn.
Big changes are coming to World of Warcraft’s Arenas that will make participating more convenient and competitive than ever before, and some of those changes may begin appearing on the PTR very soon.

Today, competition is limited to the realms within your Battlegroup, and your ability to participate in the Arena system requires having a static team with friends on the same realm. In the upcoming Patch 5.4, we’re building on technological improvements we’ve made over time (such as region-wide matchmaking) to expand the pool of competitors and improve the Arena experience for all World of Warcraft players.

One of the first things you’ll notice in Patch 5.4 is that you’ll no longer need to join or create an Arena team to compete. Instead, queuing will work much as it does for Rated Battlegrounds: you can queue for an Arena battle in a party of the appropriate size (still 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5), and your opponents will be selected based on the average Match Making Rating of your party.

For the most part, the mechanics of Arena will remain the same. You’ll still gain and lose personal rating based on your wins and losses, though your Conquest Point cap will now be based on your Personal Rating. The rating requirements to purchase items will also be based on your Personal Rating.

The change will confer a few advantages over the old static-team-based system:

You’ll no longer need to worry about invitations, joining, or leaving an Arena team. Now you can play with who you want, when you want.
You’ll be able to join a cross-realm group and queue for Arena matches with friends from other realms.
The Arena ladder will no longer be sorted according to Battlegroup. Just like Rated Battlegrounds and normal Battlegrounds, now all Arenas will be region-wide. You’ll be competing with a field of opponents that includes every Arena player in your region.
As before, at the end of an Arena season, the top players will still earn titles and mounts.

We’re excited for these changes, and we’re eagerly looking forward to hearing your feedback. Please join us on the PTR when these updates go live to check them out for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom