• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I need to go back on my DK and finish that up.

Still gotta do Infusions, but I keep putting it off.

You can solo the unholy one, pop army, then jump in the abom. Blood you can two man with a lock or shaman, but easier with a lock. Bite lock > they die > soulstone up > bite lock > they die > raise ally > bite lock > kill BQL. And frost is straightforward of course.

Totalriot

Got the tank 600 ilvl cloak tonight. It's....ridiculous lol.

GZ! I need one more runestone, which I will get tonight from Lei Shin.I am still not sure which one to get on my warrior. I usually play Fury so the DD-Cloak would be my best choice but on the other hand my favorite activity is soloing old raids and the proc on the tank cloak sounds absolute fantastic.

I wish we could get both :(

Fjordson

Decided I'd start camping for TLPD when I'm done with daily stuff by running in the background and listening for the alert. I've since been in the zone when someone else got the TLPD kill yesterday and have had the next three Vyragosa kills (all around ten hours apart, give or take a couple). Just got one kill about an hour ago and won't likely be aiming to do much tomorrow since I'll be busy but at this pace I don't think it's too unlikely I'll snag the TLPD before long. It's giving me plenty of reading time, though I'm also watching videos and such while lingering in the background. And I've made a couple camping buddies, heh.
Sort of random here, but this reminds me of when I got the alert for the TLPD when on a flight path. Even saw him flying by. I got so excited since I hadn't been camping for him or anything, just figured I was really lucky. Of course when I followed his route to find him he was gone. Not even a corpse. Guessing it was a different "instance" of Storm Peaks thanks to CRZ that changed once the flight path landed =[

RPGCrazied

Finally completed my transmog set from the battle of the barrens stuff! Only thing left to get is the pet, but I don't feel like doing this anymore. lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it just me, or do the enemies in the Barrens drop more Lesser Coins than any other lvl 90+ monsters? I was farming for 500 stones the other day, and i never saw so many coins in a row. Meanwhile, doing dailies in the Valley or the Thunder Isle only give me like 2 coins if im lucky.

Berordn

Is it just me, or do the enemies in the Barrens drop more Lesser Coins than any other lvl 90+ monsters? I was farming for 500 stones the other day, and i never saw so many coins in a row. Meanwhile, doing dailies in the Valley or the Thunder Isle only give me like 2 coins if im lucky.

I think its intentional to compensate for the lack if dailies.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Took part in my first Lei Shen fight last night, and got that boss lightning Doomed Crown of Lei Shen. I'm at ilevel 484 now, slowly working my way up.

Bisnic

I think its intentional to compensate for the lack if dailies.

I'm wondering which one is the fastest to get those 50 coins per week. Doing the 5.0 dailies seems quick enough, and gathering a big group in Barrens and AOEing them seems to work too, but i can't figure which one is the fastest.

Tarazet

Tigerfang Wrap get!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Tarazet/advanced

The tanking challenge was really easy. You get an
Image of Deathwing
to fight, which is constantly trying to kill Wrathion. You just have to keep aggro on him so Wrathion can help get him down. There's a channeled aggro drop which breaks when you taunt, a couple of things to interrupt, and some adds that you need to cleave down. You take very little damage if you have at least a little familarity with tanking. I'll bet that any class with a taunt and interrupt would have a blast doing it.

Bisnic

How are you guys getting 600 cloaks?

Part of the huge legendary chain of MoP. You get legendary weapon gems, legendary meta gems and legendary cloaks. So far. I suppose 5.4 will give us something bigger, like a weapon, or maybe a mount.

If you didn't start it yet... well, you got a lot of catching up to do. Especially considering you'll have to kill a lot of raid bosses(LFR works), fight a few world bosses and even do some PVP.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Part of the huge legendary chain of MoP. You get legendary weapon gems, legendary meta gems and legendary cloaks. So far. I suppose 5.4 will give us something bigger, like a weapon, or maybe a mount.

If you didn't start it yet... well, you got a lot of catching up to do. Especially considering you'll have to kill a lot of raid bosses(LFR works), fight a few world bosses and even do some PVP.

Datamining has shown that 5.4
makes the 600 cloaks legendary and gives them procs

Bisnic

Datamining has shown that 5.4
makes the 600 cloaks legendary and gives them procs

I heard about that, but i doubt that will be the last thing we get. Seems pretty underwhelming for a final piece of such a long chain.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I heard about that, but i doubt that will be the last thing we get. Seems pretty underwhelming for a final piece of such a long chain.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure one of the blues flat out said on twitter or somewhere that we will end up with an orange weapon.

Draxal

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure one of the blues flat out said on twitter or somewhere that we will end up with an orange weapon.

If they did, they backtracked on it alot of times recently, it kinda works though as you don't have the issues with various weapon types like you do with cloaks.

The weapon thing most people refer to was this, I think, and really it's pretty dodgy:

Will there be a final legendary weapon in mop? Or will we just get legendary power through many different items?

Fargo: Oh hellz yeah. You're getting a glorious orange item. Wrathion is true to his word.

From http://www.wowhead.com/news=212330/live-wow-developer-q-a-transcript

I agree though that a legendary cloak for all this "work" getting there is exceptionally lame. Great proc or no, I want an awesome weapon visual, not some crappy cloak graphic I'm just going to xmog off, or hide if I can't.

Unrelated, how do they expect me to fly like this, I can't see shit! =P
http://i.minus.com/iOqDohiAY4WNe.gif
(good thing I don't usually use Ashes)

Sort of random here, but this reminds me of when I got the alert for the TLPD when on a flight path. Even saw him flying by. I got so excited since I hadn't been camping for him or anything, just figured I was really lucky. Of course when I followed his route to find him he was gone. Not even a corpse. Guessing it was a different "instance" of Storm Peaks thanks to CRZ that changed once the flight path landed =[

While on a flightpath you are in your realm but once you land it places you into a populated realm through CRZ. So yeah, it was up in your realm but they kindly placed you elsewhere upon landing.

Magnus

With About 7 hours played on my pally I'm already 41, love the new leveling lol. Makes things so quick for people who want to jump on new tools after a long break (given you have heirloom and guild XP bonuses).

Would going Holy around 80 be smart or stupid? I plan to go holy endgame and I figure doing dungeons here and there from 80-90 should help me understand holy. Or just wait for 85 to go holy because loot is a ton better?

Man, I must suck at levelling. :( 7 hours to 41? I have all heirlooms and guild perks, but I guess I still move super slow.

1-15 is still at least a couple hours for me, between professions, sightseeing new starter zones, learning how new skills and facials work, transferring $ and bags over, etc.

Magnus

I'm still on the Sigil of Power/Wisdom phase of Wrathion's questline. Assuming I hit it hard this week, are there any hopes of me catching up to where current players are within say, 8 weeks? If the RNG gods are fair?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Decently rare, yeah.

Cool. I never get nice things. I will wait and see what hatches in 3 days. I didn't want to Google it to keep it a mystery. It will probably hatch into 30g, lol.

I'm still on the Sigil of Power/Wisdom phase of Wrathion's questline. Assuming I hit it hard this week, are there any hopes of me catching up to where current players are within say, 8 weeks? If the RNG gods are fair?

Probably not, but you won't be super far behind.

Bisnic

Lol no chance if you ask me. There is 2 quests asking you to get 20 and 12 items in ToT, and these quests might as well take you 1½-2 months each. The 20 items quest can give you like 3 or 4 per week usually. Can't say about the 12 one as i just started it.

Bizazedo

How far into the Sigil part?

You could eat up a lot of the time, but you wouldn't have the cloak most likely. Probably be on the Secrets phase or Runestone phase.

And there's the three weeks of complete filler/downtime where you just wait for 3000 valor.
I forgot about this part. You'd probably be on the Secrets part in 8 weeks.

Entropia

No One Remembers

8 weeks, not likely.

After that you need to valor cap for 3 weeks (i.e. get 3000 valor).
Get Honored -> Revered
This will get you an extra socket on your sha-touched weapon or weapons from TOT

Get some random drops from bosses in ToT
Get Revered -> Exalted
Kill Nalak
Get 12 runestones (RNG drop) from the last 6 bosses in ToT

So with an immediate 3 week delay, the chances of you finishing the 20 secrets of the empire in any less than 3 weeks is not going to happen, and I've been on the Titan Runestones quest for about 4-5 weeks myself... so yeah...

They'd have to be especially fair. You'll typically take around 5-7 weeks to get all your Secrets of the Empire (roughly 30% drop rate means you'd complete it during week six). Titan Runestones seem to be at a pace of 1 or 2 a week, so even if you average 2 a week that's another six weeks.

Probably looking at closer to twelve weeks to catch up.

Edit: Completely forgot about Test of Valor. So yeah, three more weeks for that, too.

Edit #2: Just realized I missed all the replies before because I missed there was a new page. So yeah, plenty of answers.

Berordn

If you bust your ass to run LFR and Valor Cap when necessary, you could probably get up to the collecting Titan Runestones.

Bisnic

8 weeks, not likely.

After that you need to valor cap for 3 weeks (i.e. get 3000 valor).
Get Honored -> Revered
This will get you an extra socket on your sha-touched weapon or weapons from TOT

Get some random drops from bosses in ToT
Get Revered -> Exalted
Kill Nalak
Get 12 runestones (RNG drop) from the last 6 bosses in ToT

So with an immediate 3 week delay, the chances of you finishing the 20 secrets of the empire in any less than 3 weeks is not going to happen, and I've been on the Titan Runestones quest for about 4-5 weeks myself... so yeah...

Killing Nalak isnt necessary, you could just throw the lance at him, kite the add that just spawn until it dies and complete the quest and teleport out. Although i dont see why someone would skip on killing Nalak lol.

Bizazedo

Killing Nalak isnt necessary, you could just throw the lance at him, kite the add that just spawn until it dies and complete the quest and teleport out. Although i dont see why someone would skip on killing Nalak lol.

Yep. Can even see the opposite faction killing him and just tag along.

The 3k valor is really what'd slow him down enough to have him still be on Secrets in Week 8. Still, that's a large way of the way there.

Magnus

How about assuming I have 3000 Valor right now? I think I have 2300+ banked already and never spent it on anything.

Also, is there a window in which to finish this whole thing? I don't care if I get the cloak and see all the content 'late' or after the main 5.4 launch time, but I would like to eventually do it all. If I get it all done by October, I'd be happy.

cdyhybrid

How about assuming I have 3000 Valor right now? I think I have 2300+ banked already and never spent it on anything.

Also, is there a window in which to finish this whole thing? I don't care if I get the cloak and see all the content 'late' or after the main 5.4 launch time, but I would like to eventually do it all. If I get it all done by October, I'd be happy.

You need to earn 3000 Valor, not have 3000 Valor.

Bisnic

No, you need to EARN 3k Valor points after you get the quest. If you already have 3k valor points in your bag right now, it doesnt count.

After all, the quest asked for 6k valor points in the past, and that is far above the limit.

Edit: Beaten.

Berordn

You have to earn 3000 valor while you're on the quest, not just have it stockpiled. The cloak isn't going anywhere anytime soon though, so you'll have plenty of time after 5.4 drops.

Totalriot

How about assuming I have 3000 Valor right now? I think I have 2300+ banked already an:d never spent it on anything.

Unfortunately, it does not matter. You will need to earn 3000 valor once the quest starts. In fact, being valor-capped or being close to the cap is a problem as you won't be able to get any more valor. So better make sure you are able to get your 1000 valor each week.

As for the window, I think you will still be able to complete any step of the quest once the new expansion arrives but you won't be able to use LFR which means you will have to find people willing to run the old raids with you.

Fortunately, Blizzard will provide catch up mechanisms for people starting late. They already increased the drop rates for the sigils and reduced the valor needed from 6000 to 3000. Once 5.4 arrives the sigils will also be dropping in ToT and it is highly likely that the drop rates for the secrets and runestones will also be increased.

Rookje

TBff6YU.gif
Soo good.

Magnus

Wow, they seriously aren't going to sell XP boosts are they? I just saw that on mmo-champ.

lol, ruh roh. Here we go.

Gives me hope that we'll one day have paid class changes. I can smell it. And my second level 80 priest will finally have a purpose again. YAY.

You need to earn 3000 Valor, not have 3000 Valor.

No, you need to EARN 3k Valor points after you get the quest. If you already have 3k valor points in your bag right now, it doesnt count.

After all, the quest asked for 6k valor points in the past, and that is far above the limit.

Edit: Beaten.

You have to earn 3000 valor while you're on the quest, not just have it stockpiled. The cloak isn't going anywhere anytime soon though, so you'll have plenty of time after 5.4 drops.

Unfortunately, it does not matter. You will need to earn 3000 valor once the quest starts. In fact, being valor-capped or being close to the cap is a problem as you won't be able to get any more valor. So better make sure you are able to get your 1000 valor each week.

As for the window, I think you will still be able to complete any step of the quest once the new expansion arrives but you won't be able to use LFR which means you will have to find people willing to run the old raids with you.

Fortunately, Blizzard will provide catch up mechanisms for people starting late. They already increased the drop rates for the sigils and reduced the valor needed from 6000 to 3000. Once 5.4 arrives the sigils will also be dropping in ToT and it is highly likely that the drop rates for the secrets and runestones will also be increased.

Noted, thanks everyone! I'll start this week. DRAMATIC UPDATES WEEKLY as I aim to get as much done as I can before life goes haywire in September. lol.

what do you get for doing those quests? Im starting to collect that coins yesterday so I have no idea of the purpose or what did they give me since most of the weapons quests are for warriors or melee classes.

Touch

So I final got my Legendary Gem and now on the rep/valor grind. To bad I don't have any Sha-Touched weapons other than LFR versions. I guess it's worth it to gem the LFR version now since ToT is the new thing, right? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom