• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerx

Regarding the xp potions
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.
So probably only for asian regions.

Also:
GphXRkU.png

Expansion 5 hyped me up for no reason :p

Regarding the xp potions

So probably only for asian regions.

Also:
GphXRkU.png

Expansion 5 hyped me up for no reason :p

Also, regarding the XP potions, is it really that big of a deal? It's not like it gives any real advantage to people and it's the usual trading money for time that's fairly acceptable without making it so a paying member will stand above non-paying. If they start offering something like 10% dps boost for people that pay, then sure, that's ugly. As it is who really cares if someone wants to pay to increase the rate at which they level up. But as you mentioned, it's not likely for most of our regions anyhow.

Noticed that the Jard's Peculiar Energy Source now is a once-a-day crafted item so that'll initially boost the price of crafting the new engineering mount (and Pierre, who is showing up again). So either take thirty days to make it cheaply or buy the inflated priced items on the AH to make it sooner.

Edit:
Have they shown off Monk T16 yet?

Haven't seen it yet myself. Also waiting to see shaman.

RPGCrazied

A blue on the forums basically said this about the ingame xp item:

"We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses."

Clipse

I personally wouldn't mind the XP boost items. I'd love to have another max level toon besides my rogue, but I just don't have the time or patience to level something from scratch.

Ultratech

Also, regarding the XP potions, is it really that big of a deal? It's not like it gives any real advantage to people and it's the usual trading money for time that's fairly acceptable without making it so a paying member will stand above non-paying. If they start offering something like 10% dps boost for people that pay, then sure, that's ugly. As it is who really cares if someone wants to pay to increase the rate at which they level up. But as you mentioned, it's not likely for most of our regions anyhow.

Pretty much.

More EXP? Fine.
More DPS (or other unfair advantage)? Then we got a problem.

I'm sure some people would pay for it though.

Magnus

I wonder what the $ price and the duration will be for the potion.

If it was something like ....$30 for a permanent 100% increase that stacks with heirlooms/perks....fuck yeah I'd do that. Time is money. Halving my time leveling a new toon for $30 would be amazing.

Who has time for a new alt from 1 to fucking 90 anymore...

In-game store for cosmetic things like pets, mounts and even TMOG armor would be totally boss. Always great to see something you're about to buy in person (in this case, in the game environment) before buying.

Totalriot

i would'nt mind a paid XP boost either. Leveling in Pandaria is still boring, although it is much faster now.

And boy, the quest in the legendary chain after getting the 12 Runestones and killing Lei Shin again is hard! I tried the melee challenge with my warrior a few times yesterday before going to bed and I stood no chance against
a blindfolded Wrathion
. I am at 512 ilvl, so this might be a problem but I will try it a few more times today and check out the tank challenge, which is supposed to be easier.

Acidote

i would'nt mind a paid XP boost either. Leveling in Pandaria is still boring, although it is much faster now.

And boy, the quest in the legendary chain after getting the 12 Runestones and killing Lei Shin again is hard! I tried the melee challenge with my warrior a few times yesterday before going to bed and I stood no chance against
a blindfolded Wrathion
. I am at 512 ilvl, so this might be a problem but I will try it a few more times today and check out the tank challenge, which is supposed to be easier.

I did the Xuen (tiger) challenge the last night, It took me 4 trys. The third one bugged and I when I was about to defeat
(let's make the tag longer) Wrathion
I was mixed with the quest of another guy so there were two of them doing the fire explosions.

CassSept

The legendary cloaks have the same stats as before only with proc? That's disappointing, especially as I really don't like the melee proc. I guess CC is pretty much no longer a thing, but uncontrollable aoe? Ruh-roh. Sounds like a terrible design choice.

Well at least my T16 2pc got buffed nicely. It might look like an uninspired spin on the SWP set (then again, how often do we get a rogue set that looks inspired? Eh...), but at least bonuses are freaking powerful.

a blindfolded Wrathion

Nah doubt it is a problem with the gear, I'm at similar ilvl with my rogue and I did it on my second try.

You should try putting dots on the bloods and run away, and maybe some self heal whatever warriors have, they hit really hard but are slow.

mclem

Now, to get those 12 damn items on each of them... at least i wont have to do all 4 wings this time.

As a guild we've *just* got to the start of the fourth wing in normal progression, so now I only need to worry about LFRing the final stint. It's quite a load off my mind!

mclem

The only slight complaint I'd have about it is that there's no mention of a level cap on it. I'd *assume* it'd not be viable for the start of a new expansion.

Other than that, meh, so be it.

Totalriot

I did the Xuen (tiger) challenge the last night, It took me 4 trys. The third one bugged and I when I was about to defeat
(let's make the tag longer) Wrathion
I was mixed with the quest of another guy so there were two of them doing the fire explosions.

Usually you are in your own phase, right? Otherwise I could just get help from anyone around.

The legendary cloaks have the same stats as before only with proc? That's disappointing, especially as I really don't like the melee proc. I guess CC is pretty much no longer a thing, but uncontrollable aoe? Ruh-roh. Sounds like a terrible design choice.

To be fair, the stats are already insane. The SoO Heroic item level is supposed to be 566, so the cloak will still be one tier ahead. I agree about the uncontrollable proc but maybe it does not break CC? On the other hand, apart from challenge mode dungeons there is no need for CC anymore, so it does not really matter. Still strange, though.

Edit: Thunderfury had a similar proc, right? Was it a problem back then? I do not remember...

Nah doubt it is a problem with the gear, I'm at similar ilvl with my rogue and I did it on my second try.

You should try putting dots on the bloods and run away, and maybe some self heal whatever warriors have, they hit really hard but are slow.

Yeah, I will totally give it some more tries tonight. The adds can be killed, right? I had the impression they did not die once they got down to 1 hp.

Acidote

Usually you are in your own phase, right? Otherwise I could just get help from anyone around.

Yes, you're usually on your own phase. You have to do it by yourself, but don't worry, it's not hard. In the first to try I tried to play it smart and the oozes killed me, in the third one I said fuck it and roflstomped it with potion, hands tinker, dogs, fire elemental, heroism, ascendance and destroyed it with the burst in his back until it bugged. I repeated it in the fourth try and easily defeated him.

And yes, the adds can be killed. In fact you should kill them with areas while focusing on the objective because they become faster and stronger each passing second.

CassSept

To be fair, the stats are already insane. The SoO Heroic item level is supposed to be 566, so the cloak will still be one tier ahead. I agree about the uncontrollable proc but maybe it does not break CC? On the other hand, apart from challenge mode dungeons there is no need for CC anymore, so it does not really matter. Still strange, though.

Edit: Thunderfury had a similar proc, right? Was it a problem back then? I do not remember...

But even imagine it in the fights that require you to focus specifically on the single target. The most recent one I can think of, just look at Four Kings in MSV. Once few melee get the cloak and for whatever reason want to do MSV LFR they will destroy everyone around, really. I don't know about TF, I only started playing in 2.0.

I know the stats are insane, it's amazing. I only play LFR so right now it's as if I had gotten, say, item from ToC in BT. Still, it's pretty boring :p

ZenaxPure

Rogue T16 is terrible. Glad I didn't get my hopes up on getting a decent looking set for once.

Not gonna lie, I actually think the rogue set is nice. Probably the only one this expansion I've actually really liked. T14 and 15 are.... OK (actually a lot of T14 is stupid, stupid stupid garbage bag helmet) but I think this set looks pretty cool.

My only complaint is the boots, I am really sick of Blizzard using that boot model on rogue sets, it's easily the worst boot model in the game, even worse because our T15 used that model as well.

Berordn

I wasn't a huge fan of it when the tier started, but I'm really starting to like the Paladin T15.

EWAm6hD.png

(shitty imgur compression sorry)

Still missing the helm in the normal coloration, but it's definitely grown on me.

Ultratech

Paladin T16 doesn't look too bad. I like this one in particular:

Speaking of stuff though, I kinda have to wonder if the
weapon drops from Garrosh or w/e
will be the stepping stone to our Legendary weapon that we were "supposed" to get.
(I say this since the weapon icons that were datamined seem to indicate more Sha-Touched weapons.)

Because they would be Sha-Touched and accept the Eye of the Black Prince (+1 Prismatic Socket), which would already make them pretty damn powerful. And it doesn't make your previous gains useless.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Speaking of stuff though, I kinda have to wonder if the
weapon drops from Garrosh or w/e
will be the stepping stone to our Legendary weapon that we were "supposed" to get.
(I say this since the weapon icons that were datamined seem to indicate more Sha-Touched weapons.)

Because they would be Sha-Touched and accept the Eye of the Black Prince (+1 Prismatic Socket), which would already make them pretty damn powerful. And it doesn't make your previous gains useless.

I can already imagine all those people with the legendary weapons and eye of the black prince gem queueing for heroics or regular scenarios, killing everything in less than 5 secs. Bosses that already take 30 secs to kill will take 15.

CassSept

Ok, this is some of the most ridiculous errr, luck? Bad luck? I ever had in the game.

So as I'm farming old content Malygos is one of my targets. Finally, 2 weeks ago Blue Drake dropped. But, that being Malygos, there is still a second mount. So this week I kill him with both of my lvl 90 characters.

Blue drake dropped again.

TWICE.

What the hell WoW, what the hell

Berordn

I've gotten the blue drake three times in a row before, and still haven't seen the Azure one drop. There's something about that dragon.

ZenaxPure

I've gotten the blue drake three times in a row before, and still haven't seen the Azure one drop. There's something about that dragon.

I've never seen either of his mounts drop, I actually got my Blue Drake in Oculus haha x_x

Made me happy when account wide mounts became a thing, though, because I had that AND the polar bear on my Druid where as my rogue never ever saw either of them despite spending more time trying to get them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is Malygos soloable at 90? I always thought the dragon mount mechanics would kinda mess with this.

ZenaxPure

Is Malygos soloable at 90? I always thought the dragon mount mechanics would kinda mess with this.

He's a joke, especially if you do it on a class with any ranged capabilities. You can get him down under 10% during his monologue before phase 1 ends then shoot like 2 fireballs at him in phase 3 to kill him.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Plus he's been soloable on the drakes ever since they nerfed the dragon phase back at 80.

Yup. When you get on the drakes, spam 3 till you have the full 5 stacks, then follow the rotation 1>1>2>3. Get him down easy every time (just dont let the stacks on him or you fall off :p) Started doing Maly 25 with a friend a while back and its super easy. Hell I've been soloing him half the time cause my friend keeps dying on me hahaha.

I've never seen either of his mounts drop, I actually got my Blue Drake in Oculus haha x_x

Made me happy when account wide mounts became a thing, though, because I had that AND the polar bear on my Druid where as my rogue never ever saw either of them despite spending more time trying to get them.

I got Azure Drake on my 12th kill or so. Still going in for the Blue Drake.

And is the polar bear still rare? I was going through lists of mounts to see which ones I missed and that was one of them so I went and did the daily and it was in my first bag of spoils. I figured they just turned up the drop percent but perhaps I was lucky?

CassSept

He's a joke, especially if you do it on a class with any ranged capabilities. You can get him down under 10% during his monologue before phase 1 ends then shoot like 2 fireballs at him in phase 3 to kill him.

Proper ranged classes can probably get him even lower, I currently can get him to 10% on my freaking rogue with Turbo Shuriken Tosses

Acidote

And with an enh shaman if you save the ascendance for when he rises you can even bug it dropping his life too fast. He doesn't die but phases stuck.

Touch

I hope they don't let people use XP potions whent hey raise the level caps. As someone who enjoys the server first races... that would kind of suck if everyone is on steroids.

Magnus

So guys, if I'm on the Sigil of Power/Wisdom phase of the Legendary Quest, and if I've done all the LFR I can do....is that it? Is there anything else I can do this week to hasten the whole process or prepare for future phases? (without spoiling anything)

So guys, if I'm on the Sigil of Power/Wisdom phase of the Legendary Quest, and if I've done all the LFR I can do....is that it? Is there anything else I can do this week to hasten the whole process or prepare for future phases? (without spoiling anything)

You can run regular modes for more sigils. That's about it.

And with an enh shaman if you save the ascendance for when he rises you can even bug it dropping his life too fast. He doesn't die but phases stuck.

Must have to be pretty well geared. I'm 514 or so and even popping everything (except heroism I guess, since I never really think about using it on those easy old fights) I can only get him down to around 20% before I can't target him any longer. I think this week was my best with 18% remaining health. The rest of the fight is super easy so no worries there, just noting that I haven't been able to drop it that fast. Even with heroism I can't see that doing the extra 18% of the health.

Onyxia I was able to get down quickly with that method, though. I'd fight her on the opposite side of where she rises up for phase two so I pop primal fire elemental, ascendance, wolves, stormlash, and then go nuts on her. Usually I'd get her to like 15% before she'd even lift up and it'd start phase three but still require her to fly over to the other side. By then she'd be down to 0.1% or whatever it sticks at and she'd land and fall over dead. But now that I have the mount I don't have to worry about that one.

ZenaxPure

Proper ranged classes can probably get him even lower, I currently can get him to 10% on my freaking rogue with Turbo Shuriken Tosses

Yeah, I can get him there on my rogue as well. On my Priest/Shaman I have to just stop attacking him or he will die. I've actually had an attempt where he was at like 2 or 3% in phase 3.

I assume if you kill him prior to that the fight breaks, but /shrug, never wanted to actually test that theory.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Speaking of stuff though, I kinda have to wonder if the weapon drops from Garrosh or w/e will be the stepping stone to our Legendary weapon that we were "supposed" to get.

Where'd you see that?

Berordn

Where'd you see that?

Back before the expansion launched and we didn't know how long Wrathion's chain would play out, legendary weapon icons were datamined. Chances are they're just leftovers at this point since it's unlikely they had the whole questline mapped out by that point. The cloak is the only confirmed legendary, but based on the way the quests are phrased a few people have theorized that we're going to get a weapon of some sort as well.

Ultratech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom