• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

Make sure your situation is absolutely clear in your ticket. GMs no longer provide item restorations, but they'll still help you with hack recovery.

Manus

Okay cool I'll send another ticket. I'm not to upset about the gear since it's all outdated, but I know I had over 10k gold. I'm just pissed I can't progress on my 85s to 90 because they can't attack anything.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haha, yeah that's what I'm hearing. Maybe I'll level my priest.

Also, what's the best way to get guild rep these days? I have the epic guild tabard from a previous guild, but I'm only friendly. Should I just do dailies and quests? I remember using some sort of Marks of Ulduar trick back when Mists first launched, but I think I read on Wowhead that they god rid of that.

I think you get to Exalted just by going Level 85 to 88.

ZenaxPure

Might've been fun for DPS, but I personally think tanking's a lot more engaging when you're concerned more about survival and execution than maintaining a perfect threat rotation. Active mitigation makes you pay a lot more attention to stuff and is pretty fun to execute.

Oh I agree for sure, the old threat model was pretty annoying to be honest. Especially in Cata before they buffed threat generation. Like our tank in Firelands (warrior) was prepotting just so he could hold threat off our DPS at the start of Ragnaros. There really wasn't any skillful ways to increase threat generation, which is the polar opposite of active mitigation where it's like night and day healing a good tank and a bad tank.

They could have gone through and made holding threat more mechanically interesting, but, honestly I am glad they stuck with active mitigation because I think it's more interesting in general, and, it means even a bad tank can hold threat pretty easily, he is just more annoying to heal.

Okay cool I'll send another ticket. I'm not to upset about the gear since it's all outdated, but I know I had over 10k gold. I'm just pissed I can't progress on my 85s to 90 because they can't attack anything.

Well, if you can get a few hundred gold somehow, there are vendors in Pandaria that give you an entire starter set of gear for like 500-600g total. It's been super useful for my alts who hit 85 while often times still using gear from wotlk because cata leveling is so fast now.

And yeah, try to send your message really clearly. I got banned about 2 weeks ago during the weird mobile armory hack stuff and I had to put in fucking 3 different tickets to get unbanned because the first GM clearly had no idea what he was doing.

This was especially evidenced when I got an email that said my shaman's gold was restored (she mailed it all apparently) only to log onto my rogue and see that the person had mailed the gold to my rogue. So I basically got a free 10k gold because the GM was either really lazy or really dumb.

Sciz

"Soak cleaves" is the laziest fucking two-tank mechanic in the universe. I hate it so much when they decide to force that instead of coming up with something more clever.

I can't remember the last time they actually used boss cleave as a tank-specific mechanic.

Draxal

My biggest issue with the game is how bad the default ui is. So my combo points energy/mana/wutever are in the top left, my maintenance buffs are on the top right, and my cd's are on the bottom. It's like the game is forcing new people to be bad.

Berordn

My biggest issue with the game is how bad the default ui is. So my combo points energy/mana/wutever are in the top left, my maintenance buffs are on the top right, and my cd's are on the bottom. It's like the game is forcing new people to be bad.

It's serviceable, but it's long overdue for an update. I think Blizzard's just grown complacent with it because everybody just tweaks it to their heart's content.

It's probably something they ought to look into for 6.0 if they're already giving everything a facelift with the model revamp.

Sciz

Garalon, but, uh there is obviously a lot of other things going on Garalon so I think the mechanic fits in well there.

Oh, right. Forgot about him, probably because he doesn't gib a tank if the other one's out of place, the fight just sucks a little more.

I found out the hard way at the time that if you can live through Massive Crush, the fight just keeps going on its merry way.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Been looking all over the net for an answer to this, and since I think GAF is smarter than most...asking here.

Ever since patch 5.2 I (and a ton of others based on my readings) have experienced the WoW "stutter" effect to painful levels.

I am kicking around the world at 90-120+ FPS and there is constant stuttering. It makes the game feel like it is at 10fps.

I have...

- Re-Installed 3x
- Removed all addons many times
- Have zero LUA errors when it happens
- Done full removal and clean installs of multiple "stable" NVidia drivers

Blizzard says (even after being told the above) that this effect is caused by LUA errors and non-up to date addons.

Hell one Blizz rep told me it was my addons causing it, and I told him I was running a clean install with zero addons and everything at default still. He then insisted that I go update my addons ... lol.

Anyway. I find it funny that a game that has run stable for so long on my older systems, all of sudden runs crap after a patch. This computer is only a couple of months old.

Anyone have any ideas?

Slayerx

I had serious issues with new nvidia drivers for my gtx580 with WoW, had to use October version or something like that :/ No idea what the issue was.

Ultratech

Well that blows... :(

Lost out on winning an X-51 Nether Rocket X-TREME on the Black Market because some guy and 2-3 of his goons decided to camp the place making it impossible to get in there and bid.
(Or when I tried, I got Feared outta there.)

You'd figure nobody would even be around to bid on that shit, given my craphole of a server.

(BTW, the winning bid? 27,100 gold.)

Well that blows... :(

Lost out on winning an X-51 Nether Rocket X-TREME on the Black Market because some guy and 2-3 of his goons decided to camp the place making it impossible to get in there and bid.
(Or when I tried, I got Feared outta there.)

You'd figure nobody would even be around to bid on that shit, given my craphole of a server.

(BTW, the winning bid? 27,100 gold.)

Didn't somebody else in this thread have a similar problem and got around it by partying with a Real ID friend on another realm and thus it phased them out of the way from the people harassing them? Just a thought for next time.

Why the mage pose looks so awkward?

95376839-profilemain.jpg

still I dont get interesting loot from ToT just a bunch of gold.

Magnus

Figures....it was the first try on the Mage (thanks to everyone's advice here to just gear the damned thing up)...

At least 100+ kills over the years, and this is the third time I've seen it drop, ever.

A Val'anyr and the Ashes, and the Amani War Bear....I'm so fucking happy.
Still can't believe it. Never have I uttered a louder "Fuck Yes" over anything in a game, haha.

FECZVXll.jpg

cdyhybrid

Man, tanking is stressful. Just tanked Empress for the first time (in LFR, but still) and I was sweating a few moments there. Other tank died at like 10% so I had to solo tank the rest of the way.

Damn DK tanking, I need better gear :p

mclem

What's the deal with the torn herbs and ore nuggets, I wonder?

My guess: You can now fish high-level areas at low levels to get worthless items and level up. I'm going to suggest that maybe the same's true of mining and herbalism with this change, with the torn herbs and poor nuggets the 'reward' for low-level miners.

I'm intrigued with what looks like potions of marking.

mclem

The way encounters make room for tanks in WoW might be why I hate tanking to be honest. There's some fun in feeling like the most important and informed part of a raid, but that's taken from you half the time in a raid environment when your job switches to 'tank the adds' or 'just stand there to soak cleave or tank swap when the better-geared tank gets too many stacks of a debuff.'

I think Ji-kun (mop the pools) and Primordius (kill adds with a big DPS buff) has quite nice ideas for what a tank can do in the meantime. On other fights I use the downtime to keep an eye on the big picture of the fight and perhaps suggest things the DPS may not have noticed)

CassSept

My guess: You can now fish high-level areas at low levels to get worthless items and level up. I'm going to suggest that maybe the same's true of mining and herbalism with this change, with the torn herbs and poor nuggets the 'reward' for low-level miners.

It's been that way since 5.3 released

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seems like there is no legendary weapons planned for 5.4 after reading blue comments on the front page of MMOChampion...

Oh well, at least those cloaks gives you a nice wings animation once in a while from what i remember and hopefully can be transmogged.

Edit : Just got a Primal Egg from a LFR bag. :lol

Nugg

Oh well, at least those cloaks gives you a nice wings animation once in a while from what i remember and hopefully can be transmogged.

You cannot transmog any legendary weapon. I expect it to be the same with the legendary cloacks.

Berordn

You cannot transmog any legendary weapon. I expect it to be the same with the legendary cloacks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cloaks get excluded from the transmog restrictions just because it's still a significant amount of work to get the final legendary ones and they use unique art, and still end up being a subtle touch, as opposed to something like Warglaves where it's really obvious and changes a character's silhouette. It'd be nice if we carry the cloaks with us into the next expansion, even if only through art.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That legendary DPS caster meta gem is pretty nice. I can definitely see a difference in my DPS with it. Around 135-140k on Lei Shen as a frost mage with 516 average item lvl.

Magnus

I wouldn't be surprised if the cloaks get excluded from the transmog restrictions just because it's still a significant amount of work to get the final legendary ones and they use unique art, and still end up being a subtle touch, as opposed to something like Warglaves where it's really obvious and changes a character's silhouette. It'd be nice if we carry the cloaks with us into the next expansion, even if only through art.

This whole argument works for my Val'anyr too! :( I'll be pissed if they unlock it for the Leg. Cloaks but not weapons.

Ultratech

Didn't somebody else in this thread have a similar problem and got around it by partying with a Real ID friend on another realm and thus it phased them out of the way from the people harassing them? Just a thought for next time.

Did they?

May have to do that next time. There was a guildie with me trying to get in there himself, but had no luck.

Figures....it was the first try on the Mage (thanks to everyone's advice here to just gear the damned thing up)...

At least 100+ kills over the years, and this is the third time I've seen it drop, ever.

A Val'anyr and the Ashes, and the Amani War Bear....I'm so fucking happy.
Still can't believe it. Never have I uttered a louder "Fuck Yes" over anything in a game, haha.

Grats man! Ashes is such an awesome mount.

Jedi2016

Yeah, I remember that. For me, it was getting the Headless Horseman's mount. That was back when the mount was actually rare. The very next year, they started handing them out like candy and everybody had one. Then they made mounts account-wide, so now everybody's everybody has one. At least they finally fixed the riding angle on that.. used to bug me that it was the only horse in the game that would lean at an angle unless you were on perfectly flat ground. Looked ridiculous. Unfortunately, it also looks ridiculous when my panda rides it, so I haven't been using it.

Yeah, I remember that. For me, it was getting the Headless Horseman's mount. That was back when the mount was actually rare. The very next year, they started handing them out like candy and everybody had one. Then they made mounts account-wide, so now everybody's everybody has one. At least they finally fixed the riding angle on that.. used to bug me that it was the only horse in the game that would lean at an angle unless you were on perfectly flat ground. Looked ridiculous. Unfortunately, it also looks ridiculous when my panda rides it, so I haven't been using it.

Yet after killing that Headless Horseman a billion times I've never gotten the mount. I saw it drop back when it used to be rolled on and lost the roll years ago, though. My girlfriend constantly picks on me about this one since she has the mount and I don't despite having most the other mounts, heh.

Ahune didn't drop the pet for me this year and I bet Headless Horseman will refuse to drop his mount once again when he rolls around. Can't wait to be snubbed!

Did they?

May have to do that next time. There was a guildie with me trying to get in there himself, but had no luck.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60896861&postcount=11046

The post right after that one from ZenaxPure says he's done the same thing himself.

I've thought about playing again but was hoping to find a community oriented guild to join. I hate PUGs and the drama that goes on with them. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've thought about playing again but was hoping to find a community oriented guild to join. I hate PUGs and the drama that goes on with them. Anyone have any suggestions?

Probably should mention your region and faction so people know if they can invite you to their guilds or whatever. Also, what your main interest is. Really just want a lot of people online to do random stuff with? Raid progression? Heroic raiding? A dwarf only guild?

I'm in an Alliance PVE guild on Shadowsong. I consider it fairly active (maxes at around 20 people online, lowest is around 3 people in the middle of the night). A fair bit of conversation through the day and usually willing to help. They have a 10-man group that's working on ToT, still at Council of Elders I believe. I help occasionally but I only go every few weeks or so. Just checked and 354 total members though many are alts and such. Guild leader regularly boots out inactive players so at least it's not filled with people that never play.

But yeah, give an idea what you're looking for?

Yeah, I want to raid though I've never been on one in WoW. I've mostly stuck to EQ/EQ2 but I've dabbled in WoW before. I guess I should mention I don't have a max level character so I'd be starting from scratch. Grinding in solitude for 90 levels just doesn't sound appealing to me, especially when the PUGs I'm in are with veteran players who expect you to know everything already and you're stuck trying to complete quests solo. :(

Yeah, I want to raid though I've never been on one in WoW. I've mostly stuck to EQ/EQ2 but I've dabbled in WoW before. I guess I should mention I don't have a max level character so I'd be starting from scratch. Grinding in solitude for 90 levels just doesn't sound appealing to me, especially when the PUGs I'm in are with veteran players who expect you to know everything already and you're stuck trying to complete quests solo. :(

Well, if you start things up feel free to add my BattleTag and if nothing else I can group up and help you on anything if needed: LordWibble#1924.

cdyhybrid

We don't really have a GAF guild, unfortunately. I would just try and jump into a guild with someone here.

ampere

Should specify US or EU so people in the right region can help :)

I think you'd be best off looking for a high population server, but not too high to avoid queues. There should be loads of leveling guilds, and the game is pretty solo friendly for beginners. You can also try to get a GAFer to do Recruit a Friend (RAF) with you so that you get 3x experience and level with someone who can advise you.

Oh, I'm Eastern US. I just got back into my account and started to download the client. I have an account already that has the expansions so I don't think the scroll thing would work.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I hear ya goat. A friend and I are thinking about getting back into it.. I was in the ff14 beta but in the end it's just wow with a ff skin. Still, it'd be nice if there was a casual gaf guild in general.. we're on EST too though!

I hear ya goat. A friend and I are thinking about getting back into it.. I was in the ff14 beta but in the end it's just wow with a ff skin. Still, it'd be nice if there was a casual gaf guild in general.. we're on EST too though!

I guess I'll join Wibblewozer on Shadowsong. Sounds as good a server as any other. I'll post my character name once I make one.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I guess I'll join Wibblewozer on Shadowsong. Sounds as good a server as any other. I'll post my character name once I make one.

Literally just now my friend showed me the scroll of rez special going. Free transfer to his server and faction change and 80 bump? Geezus..we're just gonna do that.. looks like Skullcrusher.

Your expansion level doesn't matter, only if you've been inactive for over a year. There's a specific cut-off date that they haven't moved up yet.

And keep in mind you can't have already restarted your subscription already. If you're downloading but haven't started it back up then you can accept a scroll if you've been inactive since March 7, 2012, I believe the exact date is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom