• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I guess i wasnt looking at the right damage, its more like 35k-40k per discharge. Still think the caster dps is better.

ZenaxPure

I guess i wasnt looking at the right damage, its more like 35k-40k per discharge. Still think the caster dps is better.

The discharge scales with your ap, that is why you see I was getting some for 90k (and that was when I was in worse gear).

I imagine when you get down to the math they are both on par with each other. But either way, the melee gem is straight up adding 8% more damage through a new attack.

That's really damn strong.

The melee gem was the difference for me between needing to bring a friend in to help kill Festergut on heroic vs being able to solo it before Gastric Bloat killed me, heh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really wanted to participate in the whole legendary quest and such, but grinding out a quest over the court of an entire expansion just seems like too much. I've never even gotten past the dang Sigils quest and I've been subbed the whole time.

Since Full House is the only achievement I have left to finish the meta for ICC 25 I figured I'd give it a shot to solo as an enhance shaman. After about ten attempts I'm just going to give up. I got her down to 1% once but I believe only four of the five were up. And then another time got her to 23% with all five, and likely the sixth variation, all up. It's such a mess and relies a lot on random luck. I'll just get into an achievement run and jump out after that one. Or maybe see if a few guildies will help. The mind control sucks when you only have a few people, though.

Ultratech

Hopefully, I can finally complete my Secrets this week!

Then on to the Titan Runestones... :(

This is the Warrior T15 look-a-like set. Which is funny, because now your DK looks like my warrior before I deceided to farm Naxx for some gear to make him look like a DK.

Yup. LFR gives me tons of crap, but rarely anything useful.

This borders somewhere in the middle. lol

I'm pretty sure this mount is just a myth.

Al'ar is getting more and more popular, I had gotten mine nearly half a year ago, but still no Fiery Warhorse...

I got it some months ago just kinda messing around.

Don't use it too much though.

I like my Amani Battle Bear better. :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure this mount is just a myth.

Al'ar is getting more and more popular, I had gotten mine nearly half a year ago, but still no Fiery Warhorse...

Its easier to get on more characters with account mounts.

Slayerx

There's another PVP season after 5.4s. 5.6 confirmed.

Could be next expansion's season, no?

Also
74yt5wC.png
Hmmmmmm, this would destroy my life.

Berordn

I really wanted to participate in the whole legendary quest and such, but grinding out a quest over the court of an entire expansion just seems like too much. I've never even gotten past the dang Sigils quest and I've been subbed the whole time.

I can't imagine anyone being willing to do it unless they were regular weekly raiders. The drop rates for the stuff on LFR are just so, so terrible.

Berordn

Well I mean, isn't it meant for people who raid weekly? I think that's entirely the intent.

There's a lot of lore and interesting mechanics in the legendary-only encounters that a lot of more casual or less interested players are missing out on.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be exclusive stuff in a legendary chain, but as long as that's synonymous with a long, grindy, rng-laden slog, I can't really blame them for not putting more into it.

Magnus

What is that SlayerX?

Also, god damn at this Isle of Thunder bullshit. I can't find a Key for SHIT. No rare mobs drop them, in the event I actually make it to one before it dies. I can't believe I trudged through all those solo scenarios for a second time on an alt only to be confronted with a hub that isn't really granting me a thing. Fuck.

At least the LFR drop rates aren't dismal anymore. I seem to get at least two things per run.

WTB some sigils though, fuck. Gotta get on with this quest chain.

Slayerx

What is that SlayerX?

Also, god damn at this Isle of Thunder bullshit. I can't find a Key for SHIT. No rare mobs drop them, in the event I actually make it to one before it dies. I can't believe I trudged through all those solo scenarios for a second time on an alt only to be confronted with a hub that isn't really granting me a thing. Fuck.

At least the LFR drop rates aren't dismal anymore. I seem to get at least two things per run.

WTB some sigils though, fuck. Gotta get on with this quest chain.

Hearthstone board in the latest PTR build. I am not sure what to make of this but there were suggestions of Hearthstone being playable inside of wow. Would be crazy if true.

Ultratech

What is that SlayerX?

That's odd. The rares usually drop a key at a pretty good rate. (The exception being that you already looted one for the week.)

The chests around the island usually have one as well, if you can find them.

Hearthstone board in the latest PTR build. I am not sure what to make of this but there were suggestions of Hearthstone being playable inside of wow. Would be crazy if true.

I thought they had plans of implementing it in-game eventually like at Inns and stuff?

Tekniqs

I haven't played since early cata...is the game worth coming back to to play extremely casual?

Also, anyone have a scroll of resurrection? IIRC, doesn't it allow the returning player to change server/change faction/change race as well while the guy giving the scroll gets like a free month if I resub?

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Chests are the easiest. The vault near Nalak usually has a chest in those little side corridors where the traps are that nobody ever grabs. One chest usually nabs me my key for the week.

Tekniqs: The game is at a perfect place for casuals now, arguably better than ever before. You can even casually raid now!

Tekniqs

welps, will start dl'ing the game client tonight

are they still offering the race/faction changes?

edit: Oh and I remember downloading a bunch of add ons to customize the UI...do they have "UI packs" nowadays? So i can just download something and let it be

Slayerx

I haven't played since early cata...is the game worth coming back to to play extremely casual?

Also, anyone have a scroll of resurrection? IIRC, doesn't it allow the returning player to change server/change faction/change race as well while the guy giving the scroll gets like a free month if I resub?

Definitely, there are tonnes of things to do now without ever stepping into a raid, although looking for raid makes it extremely easy to get into a raid if you so desire. Pet battles, dominion offensive/operation: shieldwall quest chain is good, Tillers, scenarios, lorewalkers, rare hunting. You could gear up for ToT LFR in a day if you wanted.

You can transfer to the server of the person sending you the scroll, if you resub for a month he gets a free mount.

Slayerx

Prideful Gladiator is most certainly not next expacs, Sha of Pride is a MoP boss.

Oh, I see. Even says season 15 and the next one is 14. Maybe a coincidence :p ?

I am only saying this because from the press event they made it seem like Blizzard hasn't decided if they were even going to do 5.5 at this point.

Clearly, Titan Runestones were nerfed when I started doing the legendary on my alt.

Nah. I guess I just got luckier than I thought I did when I was doing this step on my main. Two weeks and I've only gotten the two from Lei Shen. I still have ToT part 4 to run this week, but sheesh.

Still kinda bummed about the Legendary being a cloak. The upgradeable Sha Weapon would have been much more fun. Yes, I remember why they said they didn't go that route.

CassSept

These audio files are great. <3 Wrathion.

Y'shaarj seems to have taken a page out of C'thun's book

It's fantastic. I would have to look at my current dps to see how it scales, but when I got it my dps jumped by 10%.

Its easier to get on more characters with account mounts.

I know, I'm farming most of the mounts on two characters but this doesn't help that much. I think Blue Proto is stupid too, it's an instance mount! I can do it daily on two chars! But nope, still doesn't drop.

mclem

We've got to Lei Shen! Hoping there's a good few weeks left before the patch, 'cause it's always encouraging to beat the nerf.

ZenaxPure

Didn't they say the new warchief would be someone unexpected? Vol'jin is about as obvious of a pick as you can get.

Sunwalker Dezco for Warchief!

I don't remember but Dezco would make an excellent Warchief, I am all for this.

Also random story, but, for some reason I noticed they made it so you could attack him (in wrathion's tavern) as alliance. I discovered it by accident when I hit my mutilate button and just started stabbing him.

I only mention it because it's really hilarious if you attack him, Anduin screams No! and the guards positioned near him start laughing at it. What assholes.

mclem

I can't imagine anyone being willing to do it unless they were regular weekly raiders. The drop rates for the stuff on LFR are just so, so terrible.
Fairly sure the drop rates are the same between normal raids and LFR. Otherwise you'd have people being discouraged from running LFR because they don't want to 'use up' their drop chance for that boss for the week.

For what it's worth, last week I did wing 3 in normal - no runestones dropped. I did Wing 4 in LFR (later in normal), only got the automatic runestone off Lei Shen. Hardly scientific, of course!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Everyone know its gonna be the blood elf leader. Just a perfect troll from Blizzard to all the Horde players who never liked the introduction of elves into their "badass" faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom