• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Stop with Gamon. He's just a comical relief character. Then Blizzard ruined it by adding a voice and other stuff.

I really hope he doesn't become Warchief.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Stop with Gamon. He's just a comical relief character. Then Blizzard ruined it by adding a voice and other stuff.

I really hope he doesn't become Warchief.

Pandarens were just an easter egg and here we are...

Edit: Dat Wrathion audio file...
I love the
"Auntie Onyxia"
mention

Berordn

Pandarens were just an easter egg and here we are...

Edit: Dat Wrathion audio file...
I love the
"Auntie Onyxia"
mention

Wrathion has the weirdest family tree. Onyxia would be his sister if he was truly a son of Deathwing, but we already know he isn't because we made his goddamned egg.

Magnus

Definitely, there are tonnes of things to do now without ever stepping into a raid, although looking for raid makes it extremely easy to get into a raid if you so desire. Pet battles, dominion offensive/operation: shieldwall quest chain is good, Tillers, scenarios, lorewalkers, rare hunting. You could gear up for ToT LFR in a day if you wanted.

You can transfer to the server of the person sending you the scroll, if you resub for a month he gets a free mount.

I don't even know how I could gear for TOT LFR in a week. Been back for about a month. Shit luck with Keys/Charms, so a Month's worth of 5.0 LFR has only brought me up to item level 475. I need 480 for TOT.

What am I doing wrong?

ZenaxPure

Wrathion has the weirdest family tree. Onyxia would be his sister if he was truly a son of Deathwing, but we already know he isn't because we made his goddamned egg.

Well they've never explained how dragon family trees work obviously but I am pretty sure there is a lot of incest going on with the dragons, it's outright said that the aspects fuck a lot of random dragons. Onyxia is probably his sister, aunt, grandma, and second-cousin somehow.

Slayerx

I don't even know how I could gear for TOT LFR in a week. Been back for about a month. Shit luck with Keys/Charms, so a Month's worth of 5.0 LFR has only brought me up to item level 475. I need 480 for TOT.

What am I doing wrong?
No idea, I usually get a few pieces of gear for every wing of 5.0 LFR :/ RNG is so weird in this game.

Tamanon

Banned

What am I doing wrong?

Don't forget to get your 522 neckpiece for 1250 valor points from Shado Pan offensive and your 502 boots from helping a man up a mountain(need to finish the Darkspear Rebellion quests to open it)

TimeKillr

Heh, we had our third tank gquit on us tonight because we wouldn't let him tank past Council (because he sucks, mostly, and can't handle aggro on the bats!). That was pretty fun to watch. :)

Entropia

No One Remembers
The guild I am in with as a casual member has decided to more or less stop raiding. They had a pretty solid group and were 6/13H fairly early on but people started leaving for 25 mans, egos clashing, etc. I was brought in over the past few weeks to help them fill in the holes. I was DPS'ing, but then both their Disc Priest and Resto Druid up and quite at nearly the same time (one wanted more casual, one just quit I believe) so I had to start healing alongside a fairly fresh 90 Holy Paladin. The only heroic we managed to get at that point was Jin'Rokh :\

So now I am back to not raiding, and I actually kind of missed raiding when I was running with these guys. The only con was that their raid times didn't mesh well with me - 9PM-12AM runs just a bit too late for me.

potam

Banned
Don't forget to get your 522 neckpiece for 1250 valor points from Shado Pan offensive and your 502 boots from helping a man up a mountain(need to finish the Darkspear Rebellion quests to open it)

Those freebie 502 boots were such a weird choice by Blizzard.

1. Insanely easy to get.

2. You automatically get 476 boots when you kill the Sha of Anger.

I guess I can't be mad since they're essentially throwing the loot in your lap, but I just found it odd.

...and in other news, I've come to the depressing realization that I should completely reroll on a populated Alliance server. I saw this picture on reddit, and realized I don't want to live on a dead server any more:

US2fKBb.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lore wise Deathwing can't be Wrathion's real father because it was established that Dearhwing had a fire penis that killed his mates other than Sinestra. Really.

Got my belf paladin to 75 the other day and I've gotta say that 68-75 feels a shit ton quicker than 58-65 and I really like this; I was afraid that once I passed 70 it would take twice as long but I really like what they did here.

My heirloom items (for XP) are running out at 80 and I was really contemplating going Holy from 80-90 as I plan to do that in the end game, smart move? Would I be okay questing wise? Planned to run lots of dungeons too for the hell of it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got my belf paladin to 75 the other day and I've gotta say that 68-75 feels a shit ton quicker than 58-65 and I really like this; I was afraid that once I passed 70 it would take twice as long but I really like what they did here.

My heirloom items (for XP) are running out at 80 and I was really contemplating going Holy from 80-90 as I plan to do that in the end game, smart move? Would I be okay questing wise? Planned to run lots of dungeons too for the hell of it.

You know you can upgrade your heirlooms to lvl 85 right? It cost justice points and you need the original lvl 80 heirloom to trade it for 85. The justice points cost is very reasonable and can be reach with a few heroics.

You know you can upgrade your heirlooms to lvl 85 right? It cost justice points and you need the original lvl 80 heirloom to trade it for 85. The justice points cost is very reasonable and can be reach with a few heroics.

Yeah, but my warrior and healer are 85 and 86 and I'm not in the mood to do some older heroics to upgrade all of my gear, I feel like it'd be faster to hit 85 at that point.

Bisnic

Yeah, but my warrior and healer are 85 and 86 and I'm not in the mood to do some older heroics to upgrade all of my gear, I feel like it'd be faster to hit 85 at that point.

Oh. Yeah, i meant lvl 90 heroics where each boss gives like 120 JP. Older heroics arent worth it at all, not to mention you'll probably find no one doing them.

mclem

Heh, we had our third tank gquit on us tonight because we wouldn't let him tank past Council (because he sucks, mostly, and can't handle aggro on the bats!). That was pretty fun to watch. :)

Just to check... he wasn't losing aggro to the other tank, was he? *I* can't hold bat threat off my cotank if my cotank sits on me, and I regard myself as good :)

cdyhybrid

Everyone know its gonna be the blood elf leader. Just a perfect troll from Blizzard to all the Horde players who never liked the introduction of elves into their "badass" faction.

I don't have a problem with blood elves, just the people playing them :p

...and in other news, I've come to the depressing realization that I should completely reroll on a populated Alliance server. I saw this picture on reddit, and realized I don't want to live on a dead server any more:

This is what it looked like when I moved from Whisperwind to Stormreaver.

sqwarlock

What am I doing wrong?

A month to 475? That doesn't seem right. You hitting up all the world bosses once a week? Any valor point gear? I only started LFR a month ago (missed one week due to vacation during that month) and I'm sitting at 490.

Bizazedo

Lore wise Deathwing can't be Wrathion's real father because it was established that Dearhwing had a fire penis that killed his mates other than Sinestra. Really.

Yes, which is hilarious and eyerolling from that book, but don't all black dragons come from Deathwing one way or the other? Hence he's technically the origin of all black dragons?

Just to check... he wasn't losing aggro to the other tank, was he? *I* can't hold bat threat off my cotank if my cotank sits on me, and I regard myself as good :)

That and what class was he / type of computer? Those bats can be a bitch for a variety of reasons.

ampere

There's another PVP season after 5.4s. 5.6 confirmed.

Not confirmed obviously, that could be a placeholder for next expac or a test

But if it is true and they do another PvP season and small raid leading into the next expac, I wouldn't mind.

I feel ya, being on a server where your faction is almost nonexistent sucks :(

If virtual realms don't improve Alliance on my server I'm going to look for a new home after MoP. Several guildies agree that it sucks, but we're all holding out for virtual realms.

Bisnic

I'd love to transfer to a high pop server, but that would mean transfering at least 3 characters(i dont really play my 3rd character, but he's my Miner/JC), and that would be way too expensive. :( My server isnt that bad thankfully, so i can probably live with it.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I finally got both Bindings for Thunderfury but now I have to get 10 Enchanted Elementium Bars. fml

I got one binding a long time ago, mined all the ore over the following 2 weeks then haven't gotten the 2nd binding since :(

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

I've essentially been on Kilrogg since day one. I went back a few months ago and it was DEAD. DEAAAAADDDD. I transferred this week to Skullcrusher with a friend and the cities are packed and zones still alive (mostly due to xserver) with people leveling. It brought the magic back to wow. Also helps it's a pvp server.

potam

Banned
I feel ya, being on a server where your faction is almost nonexistent sucks :(

If virtual realms don't improve Alliance on my server I'm going to look for a new home after MoP. Several guildies agree that it sucks, but we're all holding out for virtual realms.

I've essentially been on Kilrogg since day one. I went back a few months ago and it was DEAD. DEAAAAADDDD. I transferred this week to Skullcrusher with a friend and the cities are packed and zones still alive (mostly due to xserver) with people leveling. It brought the magic back to wow. Also helps it's a pvp server.

When I came back to WoW the first time (started at launch, came back during Lich King), I just started playing with my friend who, for whatever reason, chose a medium population RP server. I'd imagine it was on the lower-end of medium at the time. Now, it's just a wasteland. For the most part I don't mind, since I just do LFD/LFR, but seeing that picture changed my mind. I really do miss random encounters with other people, even if I don't want to go out of my way and play with them.

And yeah, the cost for server transfers are insane. If it were $25 for your whole account, that's fine. But $25 per? F that.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
When I came back to WoW the first time (started at launch, came back during Lich King), I just started playing with my friend who, for whatever reason, chose a medium population RP server. I'd imagine it was on the lower-end of medium at the time. Now, it's just a wasteland. For the most part I don't mind, since I just do LFD/LFR, but seeing that picture changed my mind. I really do miss random encounters with other people, even if I don't want to go out of my way and play with them.

And yeah, the cost for server transfers are insane. If it were $25 for your whole account, that's fine. But $25 per? F that.

The scroll of rez promotion is what pulled us back. Without that, yeah, we'd have never done transfers or anything.

TimeKillr

No no no no no. He couldn't keep it off the DPS. :)

He's just overall a shitty player. He kept doing LFR-worthy stuff in our normal mode raid: he'd pull trash before people were ready, wiped us a few times, complained that we wiped... Everybody's happy he left, really.

That and what class was he / type of computer? Those bats can be a bitch for a variety of reasons.

He's a Paladin. 514 average ilvl. I don't know about his computer.

Believe me, I know those bats are annoying. But as a Paladin, there are good ways to keep aoe aggro on them. As a DK I have to respec to make sure I get them correctly every time (and we do this gimmick where one of our pally healers throws up RF so they all go to him just in case and I just dump DnD on him). I know they're hard to control at first. But losing aggro when you have 3 good aoe tools (Hammer, Consecrate and Holy Wrath, not to mention he can throw down a hammer and switch to Seal of Truth to have the dot on them) is just bad.

ampere

I've had really good luck with legendaries on my monk. Got both bindings pretty quick and have had the main hand warglaive drop 3 times lol. Poor paladin in my guild has been farming bindings and the eye since BC and only has one binding. I've had the eye drop 3 times :x

Berordn

But losing aggro when you have 3 good aoe tools (Hammer, Consecrate and Holy Wrath, not to mention he can throw down a hammer and switch to Seal of Truth to have the dot on them) is just bad.

Let's not start pretending that Holy Wrath and Consecrate are good in AOE now.

ampere

Let's not start pretending that Holy Wrath and Consecrate are good in AOE now.

It's all about vengeance, Consecration is insane damage with high vengeance.

Here's a pally solo tanking Tortos log. The tank generates healing threat due to high vengeance so the bats go to him and Consecration melts them. It obviously wasn't flawless in this log, a couple deaths due to bats picking someone else.

Holy Wrath does a lot of damage too, but it divides among targets.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t08rzmg3q3bgnx3w/sum/damageDone/?s=1824&e=2122#Drenos

M.D

Do people share accounts around here? I've been looking to play WOW for years now, actually asked a lot of question about it on GAF and bought the Battle Chest, but never even used the 30 day trial

I actually did play with someone's account a couple years back, but had to stop since I was getting busy and had very little free time

It looks like I'll have some free time for at least a couple of months, so I was wondering if someone here that can't play as often would like someone to level him a new character instead

Sorry if this is not welcome around here, I don't really know what the community here feels like about things like this

vocab

Damn. if you have like 3-4 people in Shrine then I feel really bad for you. No one deserves to play on a dead server, and not experience WoW the way it was meant to be. Being on a full/locked server my self I can't imagine it any other way. If you can't afford a server transfer, at least roll a new character on the side on the big servers. Being able to pug current and old content is worth the time invested.

Also, don't you want to make serpent pyramids!?!

ampere

Do people share accounts around here? I've been looking to play WOW for years now, actually asked a lot of question about it on GAF and bought the Battle Chest, but never even used the 30 day trial

I actually did play with someone's account a couple years back, but had to stop since I was getting busy and had very little free time

It looks like I'll have some free time for at least a couple of months, so I was wondering if someone here that can't play as often would like someone to level him a new character instead

Sorry if this is not welcome around here, I don't really know what the community here feels like about things like this

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's unlikely you'll find someone here who wants to share their account info with someone they don't know.

You should make your own account if you are interested in playing, maybe someone would be interested in doing RAF with you (3x exp when playing with the linked account).

Cipherr

Shouldnt the free "Up to level 20" accounts be good for this? Seems like you should be able to get a good amount of testing/play like that. But Im not sure of the restrictions on those free demos.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Today I waited four hours for a group to help me with the Spirit of the Storm Lord quest and also to defeat Nalak. The group never showed up so I took some screenshots instead:

I normally play in 640x480 in fullscreen. My monitor goes to 1280x1024 but I can't capture that directly so I enlarged the screenshots with Photoshop. The aspect ratio isn't correct here though it's to accurately representing what I'm seeing on screen. Every setting is also set to the lowest or custom (below lowest).

wow1ymuof.png

wow2h4unq.png

wow39fuoy.png

wow4aiue8.png

wow5rpub1.png

wow627u26.png

wow7u7ub7.png

wow8ixu0o.png

wow9fyuc3.png

The server I play on (EU-Nordrassil) is very boring. It has got two larger raiding guilds and that's about it. Trade chat is slow, overall communication is slow. I'm in a nice, friendly guild though and that's always something. But the implementation of Virtual Realms will be a very good thing for this server.

Magnus

No idea, I usually get a few pieces of gear for every wing of 5.0 LFR :/ RNG is so weird in this game.

A month to 475? That doesn't seem right. You hitting up all the world bosses once a week? Any valor point gear? I only started LFR a month ago (missed one week due to vacation during that month) and I'm sitting at 490.

Just plain terrible luck is all. I definitely missed a world boss or two this month though; they just weren't up when I was up sometimes.

So many LFR bosses with just nothing but cash off a boss.

Only one key all month for elder charms. (From which I got 15 charms).

1 of the 15 charms yielded bonus loot for me. 1.

Blargh.

I have the 522 neck fully upgraded too. No 502 boots yet though; will do that.

And naw, not many valor pieces. Haven't been able to do the daily heroic/scen every single day. Plus, I was under the impression most valor gear was gated behind rep that I don't have. I became allergic to daily quests back in October. I just refuse it now; exercise in tedium and frustration.

Gonna keep pluggin' away.

And YES!! Movin to a high pop server transformed WoW for me. Nothing like a great tightly knit guild, but a lively server with active pugs and a busy population is what you need in this game. Big time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, its great that you've still got a computer running Everquest 1

M.D

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's unlikely you'll find someone here who wants to share their account info with someone they don't know.

You should make your own account if you are interested in playing, maybe someone would be interested in doing RAF with you (3x exp when playing with the linked account).

I understand, most people would not want to share their account. I don't think I would want to to either TBH ;p

I don't know what it is, but I'm just scared of paying up and committing to this game. I was really close to buying WOTLK and the Cataclysam at one point knowing that I probably won't play them. Its weird >.>

Shouldnt the free "Up to level 20" accounts be good for this? Seems like you should be able to get a good amount of testing/play like that. But Im not sure of the restrictions on those free demos.

I actually did that a couple of times, and even asked for help in this thread (or the previous OT threads) ! I think I went Shaman first and then did the Driud, which I remember really liking with his abilities to transform into different things

I had a 30 day trial from Blizzard, too bad it already expired :/ that with the trial code I got when I bought the Battle Chest would have given me 60 days of gameplay, maybe I could have made up my mind better then

Bisnic

If you have never played the game before, i believe the first month is still free(is it?), and the Battle Chest is only 20$. I think 20$ to try WoW for one month should be enough for you to see if you will want to continue.

vocab

I understand, most people would not want to share their account. I don't think I would want to to either TBH ;p

I don't know what it is, but I'm just scared of paying up and committing to this game. I was really close to buying WOTLK and the Cataclysam at one point knowing that I probably won't play them. Its weird >.>

What's there to commit to? You can play at your own pace. You can go in hard, play normally like the average person or play super casual like once a week if you wanted to. The game suits pretty much any style.

Ya, the first month is free. If you think it's not worth playing after the first month, just move on. No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom