• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I just burned Sarth. You can't kill each drake since the second drake makes Sarth immune to attacks and opens a portal you have to go through, but, going through the portal solo resets the fight.

Weird, I swear I remember reading about people solo-ing this fight by killing the drakes as they come down but sure enough there's no comments about it at Wowhead. I must be thinking of some other fight I had looked up or something. Not sure.

Berordn

Weird, I swear I remember reading about people solo-ing this fight by killing the drakes as they come down but sure enough there's no comments about it at Wowhead. I must be thinking of some other fight I had looked up or something. Not sure.

Even at the end of Wrath (when everyone was in ICC gear and T7 had been old news for a while) the preferred way to 3D was to kill Sarth before the other drakes got involved.

ZenaxPure

Even at the end of Wrath (when everyone was in ICC gear and T7 had been old news for a while) the preferred way to 3D was to kill Sarth before the other drakes got involved.

Yeah haha. My casual guild did it during ToC and we used 1 tank, 1 healer, 8 dps, one of which was a sacrifice to get the first drake out of range. Was surprisingly easy.

sqwarlock

With Sarth, are the drake mounts a 100% drop for everyone in the raid? If so I may just bring one of my RealID friends along and burn him down.

RPGCrazied

Got a question. I'm such a dumb ass. I wasn't thinking, I put the eye of the black prince on my upgraded sha weapon. So now I have this empty prismatic socket. Thing is most gems are to sucky for this weapon.

Suggestions?

Spent a ton of time today trying to get past that last boss in Brawler's Guild so I could get that mount. Finally got a decent handle on the first phase (though I still die four out of five times). I can almost always get the boss to 10% and around 6% frequently. Once I got him to 100k health but it was the first time I got it that low and didn't realize he casts his heal again at 10% and I didn't stop it in time. Ugh. I'm taking a break from doing it until the evening when there's less people on so I'm not waiting 10+ minutes per attempt.

I know I can kill him as I am now (ilvl 515) but it's super tight and I need a really good first phase to give me the extra seconds I need. So frustrating.

sqwarlock

So let's say I have this healer mace sitting in my bags, but no off-hand to go with it. Is it worth the 1,800ish gold for an Inscribed Red Fan?

It doesn't seem like there's many better things for me in LFR as far as staffs/off-hand pieces go.

EDIT: Nevermind, I weighed my options and went ahead and bought the fan; ilvl is at 492 now.

Ultratech

Finally got the Meta Gem on my Hunter.

Now it's time for Titan Runestone hunting. :(

My DK's not too far behind on secrets (like 13/20?), but now I gotta gather more Trillium.

vocab

I hate carrying 80's in HICC25. Also, I love bad tanks who get shadowtrapped, and then leave mid fight (downed him without him). I'm just gonna run my own groups from now on, and i'll just tank everything. I ran a uld25 zero light, and it went good, but there were one or two crappy people who got MCed super fast on yogg.

Only 4 more Sigils of Wisdom to go now...ugh, I'll never get this cloak will I?

You will if you do your raids, and make sure you dont do the valor quest mid valor capped so you gotta wait an extra week :(

CLOAK GET

Am excite.

I...I don't ever have to go back into LFR ToT. I can play other games now!

I'm extremely pleased with the lore of the quests in this chain, if not their stupid implementation in this tier.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
You will if you do your raids, and make sure you dont do the valor quest mid valor capped so you gotta wait an extra week :(

>.>

Wish I would have known this before I had started that portion hahaha.

When I realized it I was like "Fuck...."

CLOAK GET

Am excite.

I...I don't ever have to go back into LFR ToT. I can play other games now!

I'm extremely pleased with the lore of the quests in this chain, if not their stupid implementation in this tier.

It is a fantastic feeling knowing you never have to do ToT LFR again. Congrats.

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm doing it on my alt now. :p

Edit:

No one else wanted to play Show and Tell with Transmog? =/

I only mog my weapons. :/

end game raiders....

struggling on heroic horridon 10m

we got all the doors down finally...now it's either jalak or horridon raping us.

even if we get jalak down with everyone alive (we havent yet, one person usually always dies)

I'm not sure if we will be able to get horridon down just cause Im not sure both tanks can survive him when he goes red...dude hits like a fucking truck

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-geny7nxc8h503c6e/

thats logs

CassSept

It is a fantastic feeling knowing you never have to do ToT LFR again. Congrats.

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm doing it on my alt now. :p

Hah, as a matter of fact I'm done with ToT LFR as of this reset too. I got cloak last week but this week Iron Qon dropped shoulderpads token so I've got everything I want. Feels weird, especially as Lei Shi never dropped token for me, so I was doing ToES up until 5.2.

At least heroic scenarios are a good way to farm valors (and as LFR-only player still offer me some chance at new items), otherwise capping would be painful. Yet now? A scenario a day that takes 5-10 minutes and done. Nice.

ZenaxPure

For most of my characters I always just transmog to a matching set of whatever tier set they have access to. I've never really been a fan of making my own custom set when I have access to a current tier. What that boils down to is before I had every matching piece of T14 gear on my rogue I was doing some random transmog stuff but once I completed it I just wore T14 until I had a full T15 to transmog to.

Not really worth show and tell haha.

Slayerx

Yep, I'm in love with Druid tier 15, so no need to transmog. Seriously, the best Druid set....using SSC trash staff because I don't think any of ToT weapons go well with t15. What I really want to get is the fist weapon for healing spec and transmog it into A'lar one :eek:

rallaren

Rösti;69683821 said:
A bit too fast but it was the best I could do without splitting it into two files:

wowcinematicqeuly.gif
Oh my imagine wow with next gen graphics. Would be so hot.

lordmrw

I'm at work so I can't link mine. I spend way too much time in the wow model viewer putting together matching sets of gear for all my alts. In fact that's usually half the reason why I max out another class.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I already showed my holy paladin and mage transmog set in the past, but i guess i could show my ret paladin one later... in 9 hours when i come back from work. :p

TimeKillr

Consecrate's good for *sustaining* threat but it's poor for *burst* threat. Positioning to get good effectiveness out of hammer is tough when you're dealing with a mob descending from *above*; Holy Wrath is the only real option I could find for the pickup. That said, HW is *so* good for this purpose that I don't think there's any excuses if your pally knows it exists!

Edit: Hmmm, interesting difference of opinion above. HW may be only 8-9k per bat, but that seems adequate to grab initial threat. I do ask people not to open up on them until I've shifted them into position by Tortos, maybe that pause is key.

Well I know I'm like a day late (sorry!) but the thing is this:

As a DK, what I do is drop a DnD on a spot where I know they will drop. Essentially, we have a holy pally that turns on RF, so he heals and they go to him. So I drop a DnD straight where that pally is and shoot a glyphed outbreak at the bats as they are flying in to ensure they'll come to our position.

DnD isn't much better than Consecrate at burst aggro, but the point isn't to do a ton of burst aggro, it's to ensure that you get just enough as they land so they'll stick to you. I still refuse to believe that those bats won't stick to a paladin if they land in a consecrate + HW + Hammer. Seriously. And you can easily replace my glyphed outbreak with Judgment. There's literally zero excuse about it, seriously. DPS is *never* overeager in the group we are in because they wait for me to give the signal before starting, so that's not a problem.

Tortos is 100% about bat and turtle management. The rest is cake, and the bat management really isn't that hard once you figure it out.

ampere

end game raiders....

we got all the doors down finally...now it's either jalak or horridon raping us.

even if we get jalak down with everyone alive (we havent yet, one person usually always dies)

I'm not sure if we will be able to get horridon down just cause Im not sure both tanks can survive him when he goes red...dude hits like a fucking truck

thats logs
How are you positioning when you finish the 4th door? You should be moving Horridon to the center of the room and have the ranged grouped up on the side to help AoE healing. You have a Prot Paladin, so they should make sure to clear Triple Puncture stacks before Jalak dies and have at least some CD (and definitely active mitigation) on the Horridon tank for that moment in case he does a Triple Puncture and autoattack at the same time.

What other heroics do you have down? I think Horridon is harder than Ji-Kun and Tortos. We did Horridon 5th, after IQ, but I would recommend it 4th.

Berordn

end game raiders....

thats logs

There's a lot of tools at your disposal once Horridon enrages as long as you're not sitting upwards of 10 stacks. Nobody else should be taking damage at that point so the healers can focus entirely on the active tank as well.

Which of your tanks is typically active on Horridon when the enrage happens? I can't check the log that clearly where I am right now.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So uh..they def changed the leveling curve for 80-85, right? Reactivated on Monday, hitting 85 today.. have only done Hyjal quests and dungeons, dungeons, dungeons. Had rested for like one level. Insanely different..at launch I got through 4 areas of Cata before I hit 85. Da fuq.

Berordn

So uh..they def changed the leveling curve for 80-85, right? Reactivated on Monday, hitting 85 today.. have only done Hyjal quests and dungeons, dungeons, dungeons. Had rested for like one level. Insanely different..at launch I got through 4 areas of Cata before I hit 85. Da fuq.

XP required to hit a previous level cap is reduced when a new expansion launches, Cata was hit particularly hard because it's just so boring to do.

They also reduced the cap for MoP fairly early which is actually welcome because there's a lot of endgame content and leveling was just drawing too much focus away from that.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
XP required to hit a previous level cap is reduced when a new expansion launches, Cata was hit particularly hard because it's just so boring to do.

They also reduced the cap for MoP fairly early which is actually welcome because there's a lot of endgame content and leveling was just drawing too much focus away from that.

I've seen Cata so great..but wtf lol. I'll go out of my way to check out Pandaria areas then.

Last night after raiding with my guild I figured I'd give Brawler's Guild a few more chances. There were about four or five others there so that quickly deflated my interest as I didn't want to wait between fights that long. But I helped and gave advice to people and had a few decent attempts on that last fight and thought I'd do one or two more serious attempts. I queued up after a loss expecting to be last in line but instead I came right up again and my big cooldowns were still minutes away. I nearly killed myself but instead decided I'd just practice phase one and see if I could speed things up. After about ten seconds I noticed another player running around and a snow leopard boss near me. I popped all cooldowns and killed his cat boss while dodging the sparks from mine. And then Dippy appeared before we all got zoned out because my kill of the cat boss counted as a win for all three of us who got ported in together.

So yeah, I finished the Brawler's Guild due to a glitch. It happened to me on the Izu-esque boss with all the birds much earlier. Have others had the glitch happen to them? I've seen it happen two other times without me being involved as well so it seems to happen fairly often if you spend a decent amount of time in there. I don't feel that bad about it as I should have had the kill one of the times if I had realized he was going to cast his heal a second time so I know I was capable of it and it was more about getting good random luck during the spark phase to get enough time to dps the boss.

And currently I'm hunting Poseidus. Really torn if I should first attempt to sell it for a ridiculous price to finance other mounts or just keep it. I'll likely put it up for sale much higher than it typically would go for to see if I can get somebody with too much gold to buy it on a whim. There's barely anyone else in the zone so I feel I have pretty good odds here.

sqwarlock

I have a general inquiry:

Do you stop moving when a Mind Vision debuff is cast on you? I'm sitting in Stormwind just chain casting it for fun, and I notice that everyone I've cast it on seems to stop for a second or two as if they're not sure what the hell happened. I even had one guy start targeting every priest in range to find me. It's kind of funny.

I have a general inquiry:

Do you stop moving when a Mind Vision debuff is cast on you? I'm sitting in Stormwind just chain casting it for fun, and I notice that everyone I've cast it on seems to stop for a second or two as if they're not sure what the hell happened. I even had one guy start targeting every priest in range to find me. It's kind of funny.

Very likely just people noticing the debuff show up. Doesn't it suddenly have a debuff that says "Stalked" for them? With add-ons that likely pops up in the middle of their screen and spooks them, heh.

ampere

Last night after raiding with my guild I figured I'd give Brawler's Guild a few more chances. There were about four or five others there so that quickly deflated my interest as I didn't want to wait between fights that long. But I helped and gave advice to people and had a few decent attempts on that last fight and thought I'd do one or two more serious attempts. I queued up after a loss expecting to be last in line but instead I came right up again and my big cooldowns were still minutes away. I nearly killed myself but instead decided I'd just practice phase one and see if I could speed things up. After about ten seconds I noticed another player running around and a snow leopard boss near me. I popped all cooldowns and killed his cat boss while dodging the sparks from mine. And then Dippy appeared before we all got zoned out because my kill of the cat boss counted as a win for all three of us who got ported in together.

I've seen that happen before. It was hilarious when someone was fighting Disruptron and 2 others got ported in and they all died lol

Magnus

Tried Brawler's Guild today for the first time; been meaning to for ages.

Great idea, awesome implementation for the most part, good writing/humour in there too.

The spectating is such a blessing/curse; it's tense and fun to wait for your turn; you really feel like a 'moment' is coming up and the anticipation is thrilling in a weird way, haha. Watching others is kind of fun sometimes, too.

Downside of course, is the waiting. I'd probably have stayed there all day just zerging the fights if there was no one in line.

I think I'll log on some night at like 4am and hit the place and see if I can't do just that.

I've seen that happen before. It was hilarious when someone was fighting Disruptron and 2 others got ported in and they all died lol

Yeah, I felt bad for the two people getting ported in with the forty sparks all swirling about, haha. I also found it funny that recount showed that while they both dealt damage they were attacking the angel fellow I had already spawned instead of their respective bosses while I burst all my cooldowns to take down the snow leopard. I knew if I killed it that we'd all get a win for the round so I just hoped I didn't die before that. They were both happy to get quick and easy wins and I was glad to be done. Though they asked if I'd fight Mecha-Bruce so I did that right after. That fight almost went very poorly. Spawned my Primal Earth to eat the chomps but I was pulling aggro off of it so I still had to run around and not get bit occasionally. I pressed my luck after the third or fourth stasis beam and didn't run away and he turned right on me. I was able to hit both defense cooldowns and so he hit me for around 90% of my health. I was really surprised I lived.

Edit:
Tried Brawler's Guild today for the first time; been meaning to for ages.

Great idea, awesome implementation for the most part, good writing/humour in there too.

The spectating is such a blessing/curse; it's tense and fun to wait for your turn; you really feel like a 'moment' is coming up and the anticipation is thrilling in a weird way, haha. Watching others is kind of fun sometimes, too.

Downside of course, is the waiting. I'd probably have stayed there all day just zerging the fights if there was no one in line.

I think I'll log on some night at like 4am and hit the place and see if I can't do just that.

The worst part really is running back after dying and waiting on your cooldowns. When you get to the really hard fights having to stand around with no one else there just to reset all your abilities is incredibly stupid. I searched blue posts and they said they're happy with the way it is because the idea is that after other people have fought your cooldowns are all reset and for people complaining that they were fighting when there was no others and had to stand around they just asked them to be patient until it gets more populated. There's really no reason they can't refresh everything for you. It's not like you can abuse it by fighting a raid boss, using all your cooldowns, leaving, losing a fight instantly to have your cooldowns refreshed, and then jump back into the middle of the previous raid boss. There's simply no negative to refreshing our cooldowns upon a battle ending. And a spirit rez thing like BGs have to bring people back without having to spawn at the graveyard and run back. Two things that'd make it much more convenient and would likely get people to stick around more. Ultimately I don't mind the waiting and watching other people fight if there are others. That's fine. Though I might argue that CRZ isn't needed there because most people don't want more people to wait behind and while it gives a reason to be more social CRZ people aren't usually the people you really care to be social with since you won't likely run into them all that often.

I do like the Brawler's Guild overall though. Really neat idea and mostly implemented well.

vocab

The dungeon exp is really high in cata. Too high. I promised my self I would do each dungeon once because I never saw them because I never played cata. I did all of hyjal and deepholm. I was close to 85 when I was done all of that. I'm definitely gonna be doing uldum on my alt though.

Panda is a little different. I hit 90 by doing all of Jade, Krasangwilds (except one side story), all of valley, and a majority of kunglai. I only did each dungeon once. I don't think i did MSP, setting sun, or the seige while leveling. I only did the dungeons when you get the lead into them.

cdyhybrid

Got Heroic Horridon (25) down last night! 3/13 HM now. Also got my third tier piece... just need the legs. Maybe off Heroic Ji-Kun Sunday?

But I have to work the next two days... can't play until then :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know... i said the other time that i thought my server wasn't so bad compared to the dead one with the empty Shrine that someone posted... but mine isn't really any better after all. This is right now, 7:25pm EST server.

So empty... maybe i need to switch server after all. What's a good high pop PVE EST US server for Alliance?

Looking through screenshots folder... dunno if anyone's done BWL since 5.3, but if you want to have a massive FPS drop for funsies, Nef bugs out and spawns many many more adds than intended at the end. Unless you kill him from above 20 to 0, so be gentle =P

nefa8su9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom