• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through screenshots folder... dunno if anyone's done BWL since 5.3, but if you want to have a massive FPS drop for funsies, Nef bugs out and spawns many many more adds than intended at the end. Unless you kill him from above 20 to 0, so be gentle =P

nefa8su9.jpg

I ran it solo a couple weeks ago and thought it was nuts that they'd spawn so many and bring the game to a drag because I couldn't imagine how it would have been with a full raid doing AoE on that many. So that's more than the old amount, eh? My game was running a frame every second or two for a moment when I hit them, haha. It's made it so I just run out after Chromagnus or whatever that dog's name is.

sqwarlock

You know... i said the other time that i thought my server wasn't so bad compared to the dead one with the empty Shrine that someone posted... but mine isn't really any better after all. This is right now, 7:25pm EST server.

So empty... maybe i need to switch server after all. What's a good high pop PVE EST US server for Alliance?

It's not EST, but Sargeras has been fantastic since I re-rolled on it a couple of months ago.

Wow, it has begun. They are starting to sell transmog gear. lol Not yet live, but its all on their site.

I don't really have a problem with this, but the shitstorm is going to be fantastic to watch.

RPGCrazied

I don't really have a problem with this, but the shitstorm is going to be fantastic to watch.

It could go both ways for me. They could start making in game sets look like ass, and cool uber looking sets up for real cash. I just don't know why we are getting more micro transactions for a subscription based MMO.

Berordn

It could go both ways for me. They could start making in game sets look like ass, and cool uber looking sets up for real cash. I just don't know why we are getting more micro transactions for a subscription based MMO.

It's not really anything new, though. This is the kind of stuff they used to churn out as TCG items, only now offered in a way the gives them the money directly.

I'll be concerned once actual gear shows up, but for now I can't really be offended by gaudy mounts and ugly transmog effects.

sqwarlock

Sure they COULD do that, but that represents a slippery slope and I don't put any stock into slippery slopes.

On a side note, I find the helms ugly and wouldn't even put the effort in to obtain them if they were available in a traditional way.

sqwarlock

Maybe, but its also a PVP server, and i would rather avoid that.

Too bad warcraftrealms.com isnt that reliable with server stats.

Completely understandable, especially since we're cross-realm partners with Illidan and that means A LOT of Horde in non-Pandaren zones.

Kenai

You know... i said the other time that i thought my server wasn't so bad compared to the dead one with the empty Shrine that someone posted... but mine isn't really any better after all. This is right now, 7:25pm EST server.

So empty... maybe i need to switch server after all. What's a good high pop PVE EST US server for Alliance?

I'm having fun over on Ysera. It's not too busy but it's definitely not dead. That pic you posted would only happen at like 5 am.

if you want a super-high pop server, Stormrage is the one for Alliance. The pugs are amazing, but the queue times to log in are something I can't stand. It's why i barely play my Horde toons on Area 52 anymore (the Horde version of Stormrage).

Jedi2016

avoid pvp server.. dafuq?!
I jumped ship to a PvE server when I quite literally wasn't allowed to level. There's only one place for lv60 toons to go, and that's Hellfire. Constant stream of lv90s sitting outside the city just waiting. Any toons caught trying to leave were killed on sight. You couldn't even fly out, because at least one of them would have an instant cast attack they could toss while falling that would one-shot you.

This went on for almost a month. Every fucking time I logged in, including hours when you'd think no one would be on (during work/school hours, middle of the night, etc). So finally I just said "fuck this" and switched servers.

Random world PvP is one thing. Being blocked from leveling through ganking for weeks is something else entirely.

Speaking of cross-realm zones, have they added CRZ to Pandaria yet?

Looking through screenshots folder... dunno if anyone's done BWL since 5.3, but if you want to have a massive FPS drop for funsies, Nef bugs out and spawns many many more adds than intended at the end. Unless you kill him from above 20 to 0, so be gentle =P

nefa8su9.jpg

Wondered why that happened to me on my last run. I was kind of baffled by it. My computer was going like 4fps. It was insane.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I swear in my 8 or 9 years of WoW I've never experienced these amazing camping stories that I've heard all the time. Not that I don't think they happen, it's just some how I've always had great pvp as opposed to stupid stuff like that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
avoid pvp server.. dafuq?!

Believe it or not, some people don't like PVP that much. Shocking, i know.

I checked the Dalaran server, seems alright, high pop, EST timezone, Pandaria zones seems to have 2x/3x as many Alliance as my server and Stormwind is busier.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Believe it or not, some people don't like PVP that much. Shocking, i know.

I checked the Dalaran server, seems alright, high pop, EST timezone, Pandaria zones seems to have 2x/3x as many Alliance as my server and Stormwind is busier.

NOT POSSIBLE. pvp is the only good thing in this game

vocab

Ya, that bwl thing is weird. The adds were the hardest part of progression no doubt, but theres so many now its kind of comical.

NOT POSSIBLE. pvp is the only good thing in this game

I personally think the state of pvp in wow is garbage. Really unbalanced. Some classes get fucked against other classes. Too many pets that obstruct your vision, and it's just not fun. Resilience ruined pvp for me.
I play on a pvp server, and i love finding world pvp, but playing arenas, and BG's is just not fun at all.

Jedi2016

I swear in my 8 or 9 years of WoW I've never experienced these amazing camping stories that I've heard all the time. Not that I don't think they happen, it's just some how I've always had great pvp as opposed to stupid stuff like that.
It never happened on any of my previous attempts to level, this was something new. Also happened at one of the few places where there's a real "bottleneck" for leveling, where anyone of a certain level has to go to one particular spot. That makes it easy to camp, especially with CRZ.. there were easily a dozen players effectively "trapped" in Thrallmar at any given time.

Probably payback for what was happening on the other side of the portal.. where any Allies heading for Outland were being slaughtered.

scoobs

looks like the road to F2P is being paved as we speak... this in-game store is the beginning, prepare for a massive influx of gamers :)

Ceebs

So I was bored this week and hit up the 10 day trial. I quit back when there was some major guild drama surrounding Ulduar when it first came out so like early 2009ish.

At first I was like what the hell have the done to this game? No more talent trees? What is this crap?

I started playing and remembered just how much better this game feels to play compared to every other MMO I have tried since. Also holy hell at the leveling curve for the 80-85 range. Other than Hyjal I maybe got 15% of each zone done before I could move on to the next zone. I did feel like a bit of a doofus running around old content leveling while wearing some of my old server first titles.

I'll probably resub to run through the Panda content. This first zone looks amazing.

cdyhybrid

So I was bored this week and hit up the 10 day trial. I quit back when there was some major guild drama surrounding Ulduar when it first came out so like early 2009ish.

At first I was like what the hell have the done to this game? No more talent trees? What is this crap?

I started playing and remembered just how much better this game feels to play compared to every other MMO I have tried since. Also holy hell at the leveling curve for the 80-85 range. Other than Hyjal I maybe got 15% of each zone done before I could move on to the next zone. I did feel like a bit of a doofus running around old content leveling while wearing some of my old server first titles.

I'll probably resub to run through the Panda content. This first zone looks amazing.

Pandaria is very good. Very well-designed. Only downside is that for a lore nerd like me, a lot of it doesn't really tie into anything from, say, WC3 like WotLK did.

ZenaxPure

Pandaria is very good. Very well-designed. Only downside is that for a lore nerd like me, a lot of it doesn't really tie into anything from, say, WC3 like WotLK did.

Honestly I only view this as a plus. A lot of the more interesting lore in WoW has been the original stuff as opposed to falling back on old RTS stuff.

RIP infinite dragon flight, you were so young
whatever, they'll be back at some point

I'm an expert

There's lore? Is that all that stuff I don't need to read when I accept a quest?

Sciz

It isn't tied into recent events at all, Garrosh notwithstanding, but Pandaria's ended up being much more connected to the history of Azeroth than I'd originally expected. It feels like the last grand hurrah for Warcraft's backstory before we finally dive into tackling the repercussions.

ZenaxPure

I need to start doing them but it's very difficult to find a group :/ Everyone is scared of them.

It's actually really weird, I feel like they have that stigma attached of being really hard when in reality most of them are pretty easy if the group is competent. The challenge comes from getting anything higher than a bronze. I've pugged a few at this point and we never had more than a couple of wipes.

Tarazet

Awesome.. I got my first-ever piece of heroic loot from a current raid tier. 535 Renataki's trinket from a coin roll on our kill of Jin'rokh.

The funny thing is, I was only about 500 DPS away from ranking on that fight with no Heroic gear on. There really must not be a lot of Guardian Druids.

CassSept

Oh, so that's where they are using these helm models. Shame, even though I don't have a char that could wear them and not look weird.

No one else wanted to play Show and Tell with Transmog? =/

Right now with my rogue I wear T15, but my usual transmog is leather Sunwell set with T6 legs and chest (because I could never get them to drop), Cursed Vision of Sargeras and two Cruxes of the Apocalypse, as that was my set at the end of TBC and looks pretty nice on a blood elf. I have to get myself around to farming black T8 recolor from normal 10s.

That was actually the story of my mid-30s back when I leveled my rogue in 2007. Granted, it was a completely different experience back then and even with a guide it took forever for a new player to get to Outland, but even compared to that the extent to which I was stuck in Stranglethorn Vale was amazing. Nesingwary's Camp was painful, doing quests there was next to impossible and I wasn't even on that active of a server. I think that's the only story like that that I personally experienced.

That's a weird change at first and most of people, myself including, thought that it was a terrible decision. I wasn't playing back then as I was thoroughly disappointed with Cataclysm and MoP announcement looked kind of like they were killing the game for good to me.

It's actually a fantastic choice and the new talent system is the best yet. I actually have a choice! The only way to go before was copying cookie cutter builds with investing points into dumb passive talents. Now I actually have some freedom of choice on several accounts, which is great.

scoobs

i'm just saying... if there was ever a community who could fully support a f2p model, its WoW. This is just the beginning, it might not be this year... but its coming.

Slayerx

I used it briefly, you can still do it if you just download it without the invite but it's all offline. The dancing bnet logo is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Bisnic

I'm having fun over on Ysera. It's not too busy but it's definitely not dead. That pic you posted would only happen at like 5 am.

if you want a super-high pop server, Stormrage is the one for Alliance. The pugs are amazing, but the queue times to log in are something I can't stand. It's why i barely play my Horde toons on Area 52 anymore (the Horde version of Stormrage).

I would rather deal with server queues than a "medium" server where there is 9 players(four 90) in Stormwind across ALL levels a saturday morning. There is like 2 guys in the Trade's AH right now.

Westlo

I would rather deal with server queues than a "medium" server where there is 9 players(four 90) in Stormwind across ALL levels a saturday morning. There is like 2 guys in the Trade's AH right now.

Real talk, being high pop only sucks for like a month after the launch of the expansion, otherwise I wouldn't want to play anywhere else. Proudmoore in Vanilla, Blackrock in Wrath and than Frostmourne for Cata/MOP, full server ftw.

Slayerx

Real talk, being high pop only sucks for like a month after the launch of the expansion, otherwise I wouldn't want to play anywhere else. Proudmoore in Vanilla, Blackrock in Wrath and than Frostmourne for Cata/MOP, full server ftw.
Doing Golden Lotus on Frostmourne during the first month......

Edit: Oh, member :eek:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The game became a lot more fun when I xfered from a dead alliance PVE realm to one of the highest pop horde PVP realms. There's people all around for groups for everything.

I downloaded the oqueue addon last week for finding xrealm groups and now I can normally find whatever pve or pvp groups I want between the addon and my realm.

When new patches launch there is normally a 15-20 minute queue at peak time for a little bit. Now it is down to around 2-3 minutes. Expansion time can suck, but I try to log on earlier to minimize the queue. My realm is PST and I am in EST, so I usually get the jump. I think it's worth dealing with for a month to have tons of people around all the time.

ZenaxPure

Well keep in mind before trying to xfer that virtual realms are next patch. Hopefully blizzard manages to merge similar realms and the result is every server feels populated.

Personally even if I would like to be on a different server it's unrealistic since I need all 10 of my alts at this point (and I'm on a launch server and I've been on since vanilla, but that is besides the point). Hopefully they pull off virtual realms correctly and it won't be an issue anymore.

Bisnic

Well keep in mind before trying to xfer that virtual realms are next patch. Hopefully blizzard manages to merge similar realms and the result is every server feels populated.

Personally even if I would like to be on a different server it's unrealistic since I need all 10 of my alts at this point (and I'm on a launch server and I've been on since vanilla, but that is besides the point). Hopefully they pull off virtual realms correctly and it won't be an issue anymore.

They should put Stormwind/Orgrimmar and Pandaria on CRZ for low/medium servers. You know something is wrong when Ironforge has more people than Stormwind.

ZenaxPure

They should put Stormwind/Orgrimmar and Pandaria on CRZ for low/medium servers. You know something is wrong when Ironforge has more people than Stormwind.

Eh it probably just doesn't matter at this point with virtual realms coming. Would have been nice like 5 months ago though, because yeah my server is in a similar state as yours. IF is more populated than SW and Shrine unless it's like 6 at night.

Bisnic

Yeah but virtual realms are not going to make my server look more alive. SW will be as empty as it is right now, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom