• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Fuck me, I hate ignorant ass dps that talk during pugs or try to dictate the pace of the run by pulling. I'm the tank, you follow me. Otherwise enjoy the 20 min wait for another one. AMIRITE TANKZ.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fuck me, I hate ignorant ass dps that talk during pugs or try to dictate the pace of the run by pulling. I'm the tank, you follow me. Otherwise enjoy the 20 min wait for another one. AMIRITE TANKZ.

The only place where we have to wait 20 mins for a new tank is in LFR. Heroics tend be to be fast when one leave.

Sorry, the annoying DPS win in this case. :(

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
The only place where we have to wait 20 mins for a new tank is in LFR. Heroics tend be to be fast when one leave.

Sorry, the annoying DPS win in this case. :(

Nah this is just normal leveling dungeons. Annoying dps never win.

scoobs

I agree to a certain extent. If the DPS is in full heroic gear ilvl 540+ ... who cares if he pulls, hes going to kill everything for you in a matter of seconds. Just roll with it at that point

Entropia

No One Remembers
I agree to a certain extent. If the DPS is in full heroic gear ilvl 540+ ... who cares if he pulls, hes going to kill everything for you in a matter of seconds. Just roll with it at that point

Pretty much. I can do about 85% of the group's damage.

If it's an AoE Pull, nothing comes close to god-tier CL spam.

I'm an expert

I should have clarified I'm talking about leveling dungeons basically, but apparently I've riled up the dps here. Just remember, you're replaceable!

scoobs

I should have clarified I'm talking about leveling dungeons basically, but apparently I've riled up the dps here. Just remember, you're replaceable!

And so are you :)

you haven't riled up anything, just saying... if you're gonna kick the high ilvl guy for pulling, you're basically doubling or tripling your time spent in the dungeon. I play a DK as both tank and DPS and i can say w/o any hesitation that I would much rather have a high ilvl dps pulling and killing everything in sight than to have a bunch of terrible DPS and me having to carry the group.

Also guys I just want to say I'm finally 2/3 on warbringer mounts.... praise god I'm almost done!!!

Bisnic

Anyway, a DPS who can easily pull 150k-200k DPS, even if he wait after the undergeared tank before attacking, is going to pull aggro. This is happening way too often with my ilvl 516 frost mage, i can't imagine someone in heroic raid gear. I try not to be an asshole DPS and wait after the tank no matter what, but i kinda feel bad when i pull aggro so easily lol. But what else can happen when a tank does 20k DPS and i do 200k?

ampere

More than that: Stoneform makes Iron Qon solotankable. That's a pretty huge strategic advantage.

My guild didn't want to solo tank it so I have to deal with a warrior co-tank crying about not being able to keep threat. I'd hold back, but we need my dps (I'm a monk).

I dunno, I generally non-stop chain pull on my tanks and don't really mind what the dps do.

Anyway, a DPS who can easily pull 150k-200k DPS, even if he wait after the undergeared tank before attacking, is going to pull aggro. This is happening way too often with my ilvl 516 frost mage, i can't imagine someone in heroic raid gear. I try not to be an asshole DPS and wait after the tank no matter what, but i kinda feel bad when i pull aggro so easily lol. But what else can happen when a tank does 20k DPS and i do 200k?

This happened when my Guardian just hit 90. Not the dps's fault so I just had to deal with it until I got some decent gear. You're better off just nuking everything and making the dungeon go fast.

Sciz

Nah. A leveling dps decked out in heirlooms with any sort of heal can tank in a pinch. My ret pally has seen the odd instance where the tank instantly drops group upon zoning in, and at that point I just turn on righteous fury and go to town until the queue finds someone else. Another time I ran across a prot warrior who kept pulling entire rooms at once, but who had no idea how to hold aoe threat, so I kept busy melting anything that went after the healer.

Tanks and healers are only important if survivability is an issue, and in lowbie content, it's not.

I'm an expert

All your dps tears fill my rage meter.

(I'm doing my best to emulate the wow gen boards feel here)

EekTheKat

All this tank talk reminds me of why I generally hate healing these days. I'd rather see bad tanks die than to prop up their poor play/decision making with my mana pool.

IMHO, the ideal tank is someone who recognizes the pace of the group, (a group with an average ilevel of 500 will far outperform one that's in the 460 range) and can pull just fast enough to keep things interesting without slowing it down to the point where everybody is off making sandwiches in between pulls.

Pandaria dungeons have taught tanks to not give a shit about the fundamentals and just do whatever they feel like, then blame the healer for not keeping them alive when half the dungeon is beating on him at once, or blame the dps for not keeping up.

Was hoping for 3 Runestones to finish off my DK's cloak and be DONE with ToT on both my characters... ended up with 1 =P... oh well, next week for sure! >_>;

Tarazet

This happened when my Guardian just hit 90. Not the dps's fault so I just had to deal with it until I got some decent gear. You're better off just nuking everything and making the dungeon go fast.

Then on the other end of the spectrum.. I'm a Guardian in 535 gear and I will run heroics for easy valor. Scholomance had me laughing so hard. I just train-wreck my way from boss to boss thrashing everything, then cat-tank the boss with HotW up.

So I just got back into the game 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying it so far. Unfortunately I feel I can't find things to do for my character in order to get better PVE gear.

I am currently ilvl462 and I can only do the first two LFR raids once a week. Heroics are not giving me gear that is any better than I already have.

I have about 1000 valor points but I can't spend them because I have no rep with anyone.

Justice points gear is below what I currently have.

Am I expected to grind rep with factions for Valor Points gear at this point? Or am I supposed to be waiting weeks maybe months before I can move on to higher tiers of LFR content? Am I missing something?

Do the pvp dailies on the isle of thunder. It's something like 800 honor a day, and current honor gear is 476.

cdyhybrid

Anyone know any 1H weapons that match well with the DK T15N?

bCdLeOh.jpg

Or should I just not even bother trying and go farm a different armor set to transmog into?

Edit: The bigger and meaner-looking the weapons, the better :p Seems like there isn't really anything that matches that darker red, though.

Anyone? D: I want to be pretty!

J-Roderton

Started a sub rogue and got them just about to 20. If I spec in PVP will that really have much of an impact while playing through dungeons? Not much of a raider.

cdyhybrid

Get a 2 hander (dps is better, plus u can go unholy) and get the ahkandi from BWL.

Ash.jpg

I have two heroic 1Hers so unless I get lucky with a drop (we're 3/12H ATM - Jin'Rokh, Horridon, Ji-Kun - none of which drop 2Hers aside from the shared loot ones) that's gonna be a while :p

Started a sub rogue and got them just about to 20. If I spec in PVP will that really have much of an impact while playing through dungeons? Not much of a raider.

While you're leveling up it doesn't really matter what you spec.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Today has been my lucky day so far. Got my 522 version T15 gloves off of nalak (replacing my LFR version), A nice ring off of oondasta, and a Primal Egg while we were sitting around killing dinos waiting for oon to spawn :D

Heres hoping it holds out in ToT tonight hahaha

ZenaxPure

Anyone? D: I want to be pretty!

What about the 1h axes from BWL? Both of them have red on them (not the same shade as your armor unfortunately) and both of them have more weird horn/teeth to go with all your other teeth and shit.

Those are about the only things I can think of that even remotely "match" the set, including swords and maces.

Bisnic

The tank from my last heroic just got a Deathcharger Reins from his free heroic cleared bag.

I would be jealous if i didnt already have it ha.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Fuck the asshole who decided to put pvp into the legendary quest chain. My battlegroup apparently only wins AV alliance side. I am going to be grinding these battlegrounds non stop for a week just to get my wins for the quest judging by how this has been going so far.

Clipse

Not a bad night so far. Got my legendary meta gem and LFR tier shoulders, so now I'm done with the LFR Rogue set for my transmog collection.

Ultratech

Damn, only one Runestone this week. :(

Used up all my luck last week, I guess.

Do healers get that bag from heroics? More incentive for me to level my priest if so for those mounts!

Only when it pops up. I saw the bag listed for them the other day.

Anyone know any 1H weapons that match well with the DK T15N?

Or should I just not even bother trying and go farm a different armor set to transmog into?

Edit: The bigger and meaner-looking the weapons, the better :p Seems like there isn't really anything that matches that darker red, though.

Go through this:
http://www.icy-veins.com/transmogrification-death-knight-plate-item-models-guide-wow#sec-10

Shellsplitter Greataxe (Heroic) would probably be a really good match, but you have to be doing Heroic content to get that. :(

cdyhybrid

Damn, only one Runestone this week. :(

Used up all my luck last week, I guess.

Only when it pops up. I saw the bag listed for them the other day.

Go through this:
http://www.icy-veins.com/transmogrification-death-knight-plate-item-models-guide-wow#sec-10

Shellsplitter Greataxe (Heroic) would probably be a really good match, but you have to be doing Heroic content to get that. :(

I've looked through all kinds of lists but never found a *perfect* match. That is pretty good though. We're 3/12 Heroic, I think Tortos will be the fifth one we work on. Kinda hoping to get a Heroic 2Her off Council (next one we're working on) and go Unholy, though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooo...Hexos.

Yeah.

Got from the first fight to Rank 8 in one sitting. Hexos is where I call it a night :p It's also 4AM, so that doesn't help, haha.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I did the Bronze and the first few rounds of the Silver Proving Grounds on PTR. Total borefest. I imagine it picks up when you get to Gold though.

Bisnic

I love playing with my ret paladin, but it seems that my DPS is only good at the start of combat when i have all my cooldowns available, where i can easily hit around 120-130k DPS, but later during the fight, it goes down to 78-80k. Where, in the other hand, my frost mage's DPS stay mostly the same.

That haste buff from Time Warp/Hero is what makes most of the difference i think, Ret paladin DPS depends a lot on that, am i right?

mclem

My guild didn't want to solo tank it so I have to deal with a warrior co-tank crying about not being able to keep threat. I'd hold back, but we need my dps (I'm a monk).

Y'know, if you were solotanking it, your DPS wouldn't be as necessary :)

I dunno, I generally non-stop chain pull on my tanks and don't really mind what the dps do.

I sort of both do and don't. I'll speed through the trash, but I'll wait for a ready check before the boss. No harm in waiting a few moments for someone to catch up. Some DPS are a bit... proactive even then.

That's LFR, of course. Normals, things go at my pace, there is no negotiation on that :)

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Just hit 70 on my panda monk booyah. Can't wait to hit 80, pretty bored with Northrend the second time around

Viremira

I must confess I kind of like the Jewel of the Firelord (would suit my lock fantastically) but there is no chance I'm going to buy it at that price.

One piece of transmog gear imo shouldn't cost more than a damned pet.

Bisnic

The shiny new hats are now live.

o41YRSw.jpg

Clicky click

Edit: Holy shit, they're €12,00/£10.00 each.

That's 12 US$ right? Haha, no way i'll buy ONE HELM for that price. But the worst part is that it's still gonna be popular because so many WoW players don't mind paying for overpriced cosmetic stuff on top of their monthly sub as we've seen in the past.

I'm an expert

Having just come back I hadn't really explored the real money shop, but I assumed it was like dlc for games, ya know, .99 or maybe $5 for the big stuff. Mounts are fuckin $25. They're the price of a game. And people buy them. Morons. Utter morons. It's none of my business what you do with your money blah blah you're a moron. But a moron on a cool mount. :3

Robin64

Having just come back I hadn't really explored the real money shop, but I assumed it was like dlc for games, ya know, .99 or maybe $5 for the big stuff. Mounts are fuckin $25. They're the price of a game. And people buy them. Morons. Utter morons. It's none of my business what you do with your money blah blah you're a moron. But a moron on a cool mount. :3

I had no problem with the high price of some things when they money was going to charity. But now, yeah.. way too much.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

My sparkle pony was pretty cool back when I believed I'd never get a cool looking mount. Fast forward and I have Ashes, Onyxia, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom