• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Wow, I thought they would be cheaper. Much cheaper.

FINALLY. After 5 years. FIVE YEARS. I got them. I finally got them. For myself. My very own set of Warglaives. I can't even believe it. Surreal.

mv0F3ep.jpg

They really do exist. My God.

Yeah I have only 6 binds and that includes auto-attack, you're free to laugh all you want

Dot50Cal

Banned
15 Dollars for a helm? Hahaha, jesus, what are they thinking? After 4 years down the rabbit hole, I think its my time to get off. Its been fun, but with the way the game is going, its just not appealing to me anymore and I struggle to find things to log in for.

Combine that with these business practices and well, that spells it for me.

Now to play the games I've missed during my time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Funny how the thread on the Gaming forum have people defending the prices on the helms.

People usually shit on WoW over there! It's like opposite day.

cdyhybrid

Reasonable is the last thing I'd call gaming side. More corporate stans there than anywhere else I've ever seen. I don't care about them selling xmog gear, if some people have nothing better to spend money on, go for it.

ampere

I sort of both do and don't. I'll speed through the trash, but I'll wait for a ready check before the boss. No harm in waiting a few moments for someone to catch up. Some DPS are a bit... proactive even then.

That's LFR, of course. Normals, things go at my pace, there is no negotiation on that :)

I try to be nice and wait on bosses with doors that shut, though sometimes I forget

The shiny new hats are now live.

http://i.imgur.com/o41YRSw.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10455679/Cosmetic_Armor_Pieces%E2%80%94Now_Available_on_Blizzard_Store-17_07_2013"]Clicky click[/URL]

Edit: Holy shit, they're €12,00/£10.00 each.[/QUOTE]

Those prices are crazy, but it's cosmetic so I don't mind it, I just wouldn't spend that much on them. I'm usually a "hide helm" and "hide cloak" kind of guy anyway. The Tigerfang Drape is an exception, I think that cloak looks awesome.

I'm not completely anti-cosmetic paid services, I do the occasional race change.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Wow, I thought they would be cheaper. Much cheaper.

FINALLY. After 5 years. FIVE YEARS. I got them. I finally got them. For myself. My very own set of Warglaives. I can't even believe it. Surreal.

They really do exist. My God.

Yeah I have only 6 binds and that includes auto-attack, you're free to laugh all you want

HE'S A CLICKER

A MOTHERFUCKIN CLICKER

sqwarlock

HE'S A CLICKER

A MOTHERFUCKIN CLICKER

Hey, hey, hey, weren't we all clickers at one point? I mean, I remember when I started and I had to click--no, wait, I never clicked my main abilities. LET'S GET HIM! FILTHY CLICKER!

I kid, I kid. If you play well, then it doesn't matter HOW you play.

RPGCrazied

Blizzard is not liking the mostly negative feedback on it. They are locking/deleting pretty much every thread about the subject. lol

Funny how the thread on the Gaming forum have people defending the prices on the helms.

People usually shit on WoW over there! It's like opposite day.

People on the gaming side shit on anything Blizzard related. Most of it comes from Diablo III hate. It's ridiculous.

potam

Banned
The most keys I'll use when playing are 1-6.

I'm not about to change up to pressing shift-z, ctrl-p, h, alt-9, etc. in order to up my dps 10%

When I watch videos with dudes who have all their fucking abilities in one giant Borg Cube in the middle of their screen, I weep a little. And honestly, I ignore about 50% of my abilities, for the most part.

Bisnic

People on the gaming side shit on anything Blizzard related. Most of it comes from Diablo III hate. It's ridiculous.

People have been shitting on WoW for years though, before Diablo 3 was even released. Simply because its a MMO, and MMOs are "fucking boring and mindless grindfest" and WoW also "ruined the Warcraft lore".

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Hey, hey, hey, weren't we all clickers at one point? I mean, I remember when I started and I had to click--no, wait, I never clicked my main abilities. LET'S GET HIM! FILTHY CLICKER!

I kid, I kid. If you play well, then it doesn't matter HOW you play.

Actually, no, I remember the first thing I did in Elwynn Forest was bind all my spells. I was an mmo vet by that point though.

Still, it blows my mind how many people click. It's insane. Even now. Though my major point of concern is pvp, for pve it doesn't really matter what you do.

The most keys I'll use when playing are 1-6.

I'm not about to change up to pressing shift-z, ctrl-p, h, alt-9, etc. in order to up my dps 10%

When I watch videos with dudes who have all their fucking abilities in one giant Borg Cube in the middle of their screen, I weep a little. And honestly, I ignore about 50% of my abilities, for the most part.

Hey, that's fine, some people enjoy being mediocre. =P

Into

The prices are outrageous though, i cannot see how anyone can defend them. You can buy 2 big, games with high production values on Steam right now for that kind of money, that you would spend buying a hat.

Sure they can set the prices at anything they want, we live in a free world, capitalism, bla blah blah. But those prices are much higher i think anyone could predict.

It might mean you wont see them everywhere, on everyone, but i still expect to see half of Orgrimmar with the blue skull lich helm day 1.

cdyhybrid

The prices are outrageous though, i cannot see how anyone can defend them. You can buy 2 big, games with high production values on Steam right now for that kind of money, that you would spend buying a hat.

Sure they can set the prices at anything they want, we live in a free world, capitalism, bla blah blah. But those prices are much higher i think anyone could predict.

It might mean you wont see them everywhere, on everyone, but i still expect to see half of Orgrimmar with the blue skull lich helm day 1.

It's completely optional content that has no affect on the game itself, the price doesn't really matter to me. If you (not you specifically) aren't willing to pay that much I guess you just don't want it that badly :p

Bisnic

What's worse than clickers is keyboard turners. They don't even use the camera to quickly turn or strafe. I once tried to move my character only with WASD, and omg, never again.

I'm an expert

What's worse than clickers is keyboard turners. They don't even use the camera to quickly turn or strafe. I once tried to move my character only with WASD, and omg, never again.

Dat slow turn, you know one as soon as you see one.

Into

It's completely optional content that has no affect on the game itself, the price doesn't really matter to me. If you (not you specifically) aren't willing to pay that much I guess you just don't want it that badly :p

I am well aware that it is optional content that has no affect on anything, and that they can sell it for 4 million dollars if they wanted to.

I was merely just commenting on how high it was, it really surprised me.

Anyone who buys it, should absolutely enjoy it, i am not mad =P

Ceebs

They are kinda of in line with how TF2 prices its hats. I don't think they look cool enough for the money, but would not have an issue buying one if I really liked it.

Casual

Banned

I move my character only with WASD.

But that's cause A and D are strafe.

RPGCrazied

So sad. People buying the crown of eternal winter or whatever, its not always a skeleton face. Most of the time its just a crown. That has got to suck.

Bisnic

With my mouse? There's really no reason to have turn bound to anything. Rebinding strafe to A/D frees up 6-8 hotkey options.

Then you don't move your character only with WASD in that case since you use your mouse to turn. Liar. :p

So the face is just a quick effect? How often does it happen?

Someone in the Wowhead comments mentioned that it's every few minutes it comes and goes. Also, it doesn't seem like it plays nice with shadowform so shadow priests might want to look into that a bit more if anyone is considering buying that one.

RPGCrazied

Someone in the Wowhead comments mentioned that it's every few minutes it comes and goes. Also, it doesn't seem like it plays nice with shadowform so shadow priests might want to look into that a bit more if anyone is considering buying that one.

Nor does the face show up on worgens, its like a snow effect or some such.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nor does the face show up on worgens, its like a snow effect or some such.

No facial effects show up on Worgen. I can't even wear that T5 mask on my Warlock because his snout pops out the front.

Into

Disappointing if the ice skull just automatically pops back and forth, i imagined someone making a Undead Frost Mage and trying to do a Lich look.

The other 2 masks, eh..not sure about, liked the Ice Skull the most.

sqwarlock

I have 2/20 of secrets of the empire. So don't feel bad. I'll be in ToT for freaking ever.

Down to just the final boss in Terrace, and that bitch, Lei Shi, gave me ANOTHER Sigil of Power. I don't know how I can ever bring myself to run these raids on any alts. I'm sick of them already.

RPGCrazied

Down to just the final boss in Terrace, and that bitch, Lei Shi, gave me ANOTHER Sigil of Power. I don't know how I can ever bring myself to run these raids on any alts. I'm sick of them already.

I have yet to acquire a ToT weapon. So that is what makes me still do it. I still will, cause I do want the legendary cloak. I have yet to to the next wing. 2nd to last I'm guessing.

sqwarlock

Sha of Fear is down, and he actually dropped a Sigil of Wisdom. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until next week to try to get my final one. Wonder how many Power ones I'll end up with by then.

Fjordson

Just got the Dinomancy book for my hunter to tame Direhorns! These things look awesome.

I'm also wondering if I'm crazy enough to farm the 9999 bones for the Bone-White Primal Raptor. Not sure yet...

CassSept

Oooh, that's a nice one and I don't remember it being posted here.

There are 3 months left until BlizzCon, yet we have no leak yet. Expansion titles usually leaked iirc around 4 months before their announcement. So, the name should have already leaked as there is no doubt Blizzard already registered the trademark.

So, why didn't they leak? They used freaking Swaziland trademark office, which doesn't even have an online registry. Genius.

I remember when we killed Yogg for the first time with my guild and a dude made the usual first kill video. We watched it, and couldn't believe what we saw. We all watched in disbelief how at phase 3 one of our priests slowly turned away obviously with keyboard as his sanity was being eaten up. It was hilarious.

ampere

Oooh, that's a nice one and I don't remember it being posted here.

There are 3 months left until BlizzCon, yet we have no leak yet. Expansion titles usually leaked iirc around 4 months before their announcement. So, the name should have already leaked as there is no doubt Blizzard already registered the trademark.

So, why didn't they leak? They used freaking Swaziland trademark office, which doesn't even have an online registry. Genius.

I saw that, bravo Blizzard. I actually like not knowing the next expac's name before they reveal it. It makes the reveal more exciting and I'll actually be at Blizzcon this year :p

They are kinda of in line with how TF2 prices its hats. I don't think they look cool enough for the money, but would not have an issue buying one if I really liked it.

I think transmog armor that costs real cash could be a good store if they built up a lot more options and the price per piece were lower. It's not a fundamentally bad idea, but these helms seem mad expensive.

Robin64

Unfortunately with the hats debacle, we have to compare it to other similar cases in the industry.

Star Trek Online, then. Completely free to play and has a lot of full classic costumes for purchase. Not just a hat, an entire outfit. Those are $5.50 each. Frankly, this makes the hat thing look even more ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom