• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totalriot

Get a 2 hander (dps is better, plus u can go unholy) and get the ahkandi from BWL.

Ash.jpg

You make it sound as this would be easy! :D According to wowhead it should have a 10% drop rate off Nefarian but I run BWL regulary with my Warrior and DK and have never seen it once.

At least on my Warrior I have all the other great looking weapons from BWL..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They will release even more armor tmog for money. I can totally see them doing weapons next.

Sad, but people will buy them.

They should release a whole set for 15$, not just one piece. At this rate, it's going to cost 120$ for a full transmog set. :lol

Would it be easy for a holy pally to solo Molten Core at 90? My offspec is prot but I don't have much gear for that (88 currently).

I want the T1 set to transmog :)

Totalriot

Would it be easy for a holy pally to solo Molten Core at 90? My offspec is prot but I don't have much gear for that (88 currently).

MC is easy for every class/spec at 90 (it was even back at 80). Allthough switching to Prot or even better Ret would speed things up a little.

Edit: Paladin T1 looks really boring. Go get T2 from BWL. It looks sooooo cool ;-)

Tamanon

Banned

Dogs might be a bit annoying, but should be possible. Could also swap to prot in shitty gear and wreck the place.

Tamanon

Banned
Dogs in MC are a fucking pain. :(

How people did them back in the day is beyond me. :p

You had 40 people to work with so it actually made dividing pretty easy.

Also, people didn't care about doing the most dps(because everyone's sucked) and just cared about getting the mobs/bosses down.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I cared about getting the most dps. =(

I was a mage back then, always topped MC and BWL.

Berordn

Why is it sad?

Cool looking weapons have long been the ultimate reward from defeating end of tier bosses... but with the shift to distribute weapons more evenly around the tier it's become much less prominent.

It's kind of funny on other forums where there's just a general fear of a slippery slope where the actual weapons end up using standard gray models and you have to buy transmog to give them any appearance.

The main issue is, of course, the pet store didn't stop them from adding new and unique pets to the game proper, the sparkle pony didn't stop them from making other interesting mounts, and there's no reason to assume that cosmetic gear will remove art from future gear either.

Tamanon

Banned
The game isn't F2P? We shouldn't have to have this sort of stuff to buy with even more money. Should be in game.

If I could play the game free, then sure, nickel and dime away.

Been that way for years since they did the Trading Card Game and the first pet on the Pet Store.

ampere

The game isn't F2P? We shouldn't have to have this sort of stuff to buy with even more money. Should be in game.

If I could play the game free, then sure, nickel and dime away.
It's cosmetic. I just don't see the issue in them making microtransaction cosmetic armor/weapons as long as that isn't the only way to get cool armor/weapons.

The main issue is, of course, the pet store didn't stop them from adding new and unique pets to the game proper, the sparkle pony didn't stop them from making other interesting mounts, and there's no reason to assume that cosmetic gear will remove art from future gear either.

Right, I agree. If they stopped making cool armor in game that didn't cost extra I would be upset.

ZenaxPure

Pretty much... I mean people need to keep in mind the Spectral Tiger was added to the game SIX years ago. Did Blizzard stop making cool mounts after it got added? No, I'd argue mounts have only really gotten better since then, most people barely ride mounts from the vanilla/tbc era as a lot of them are pretty basic and boring. Transmoggable hats (one of which is really bad imo) is just doing what they've been doing forever.... except with hats. Big deal.

If anything the TCG mounts are more offensive than these hats. TCG mounts cost you better RNG than LFR or $800+.

Berordn

Hmm, where are those pets going to be available from? I only need nine more before I get the 400 pet achievement. (Also, I am poor)

My guess is that they're mostly drops from the raid, since the majority of them seem to be related to the bosses in it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how the Sha-tainted version of Gorehowl is way more horrible looking than Gorehowl and only resembles Gorehowl in the skeleton of the model. I don't get why they don't just have Garrosh drop....Gorehowl since it makes no sense at all that Prince Malchezaar drops Gorehowl. Just have the same name but a diff. ilvl.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I like how the Sha-tainted version of Gorehowl is way more horrible looking than Gorehowl and only resembles Gorehowl in the skeleton of the model. I don't get why they don't just have Garrosh drop....Gorehowl since it makes no sense at all that Prince Malchezaar drops Gorehowl. Just have the same name but a diff. ilvl.

What was the name of that item again?

ampere

With transmog wouldn't that be pointless? Why not just mog it into Gorehowl if you prefer that look. This way a new weapon model is added. Unless you are just advocating a prettier Gorehowl like the new Hand of Rag in Firelands.

Here's hoping they drop in LFR too >.<

I think all recent raid pet drops have a chance to drop from LFR too, so I'd say you could expect it.

MC is easy for every class/spec at 90 (it was even back at 80). Allthough switching to Prot or even better Ret would speed things up a little.

Edit: Paladin T1 looks really boring. Go get T2 from BWL. It looks sooooo cool ;-)

Tamanon said:
Dogs might be a bit annoying, but should be possible. Could also swap to prot in shitty gear and wreck the place.

I was probably going to buy some greens off the AH for prot and go that route :)

T2 looks great as well and I will probably go for that too but I looooved the T1 for paladins

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Reading up on the changes to frost mage mastery and I have no clue what is going on.

I'll only be a couple ilvl away from switching to fire by the time SoO hits anyways, but that mastery is really confusing me (not so much the mastery itself but the implications for our rotation)

Tarazet

Reading up on the changes to frost mage mastery and I have no clue what is going on.

I'll only be a couple ilvl away from switching to fire by the time SoO hits anyways, but that mastery is really confusing me (not so much the mastery itself but the implications for our rotation)

I picked up Fire again yesterday. I think if I keep doing that I might become addicted to chasing high Ignites like a crack addict.. and I don't even have a lot of gear. I just reached 480 last night, but I'm already hitting 60k on single targets pretty regularly. I can't say that about any other DPS classes I've tried.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
From doing some reading it looks like the rotation wont really change any outside of one more thing to watch before you hit alter time.

I picked up Fire again yesterday. I think if I keep doing that I might become addicted to chasing high Ignites like a crack addict.. and I don't even have a lot of gear. I just reached 480 last night, but I'm already hitting 60k on single targets pretty regularly. I can't say that about any other DPS classes I've tried.

Haha. I'm a bit of a min-maxer so I'm sticking with frost until 520-ish (when fire starts pulling ahead). Im at 511 now so yeah. Fire looks like a lot of fun, but I love frost as well with all its crazy procs. Actually decided to level an ele shaman since their rotation seems to be very similar (dot, spam filler spell, hit procs all day). That and using bloodlust to help solo rare elites I have no business soloing :D

Fjordson

At what level of LFR do Mogu Runes of Fate come into play?

I missed the boat on elder charms, since you can't do the turn in quest for them anymore, so I'm only at 477 item lvl with just 3 elder charms to my name =[

Tamanon

Banned

I missed the boat on elder charms, since you can't do the turn in quest for them anymore, so I'm only at 477 item lvl with just 3 elder charms to my name =[

Well, you can get Elder Charms easily by getting the Key to Palace of Lei Shen every week on Isle of Thunder. Usually cap out each week on those.

Mogu Runes of Fate are used for Throne of Thunder LFR(ilevel 480 needed to queue) and for Nalak/Oondasta.

Bisnic

The Mogu coins are for 5.2/5.3 content.

You can easily get elder charms from Isle of Thunder's solo scenario. You just gotta find a key to do it. Easiest way is by killing a rare on that island.

edit : beaten ._.

Clipse

Are Mogu Runes going to be as easy to get as Elder Charms are now once 5.4 drops? Haven't heard anything about it at all so far.

Are Mogu Runes going to be as easy to get as Elder Charms are now once 5.4 drops? Haven't heard anything about it at all so far.

Nothing announced but with the Timeless Isle being their big questing hub with world bosses and rares and such I'd expect it'll possibly be similar to Isle of Thunder and either have a solo scenario that'll offer up mogu runes or they'll be acquired through some other means on the Timeless Isle. Perhaps you can select them as a quest reward from the questing there or like Battlefield: Barrens you earn a special token to spend and one option might be a small bag of runes? Just taking guesses here but they've said they liked Battlefield: Barrens and to expect more content similar to it while evolving the Isle of Thunder idea with it.

Bisnic

Don't see why not, they did it once after all. They're probably going to up the chances for legendary items to drop too.

RPGCrazied

Woot. Finally broke 500 ilvl on my rogue. 501. I'm not doing all this for all my toons, forget that. Maybe I can see the raid of org in LFR.

Fjordson

Ah, thanks for the tips on elder charms. Probably should have looked them up on Wowhead or something before asking :lol

Also, first Elegon kill, got the Bottle of Infinite Stars trinket! Without the bonus roll, so I'm at 480 item lvl now. Not bad, not bad.

First week I've ever tried LFR. It's a weird, weird thing man. I'm so used to guild raiding with friends in vanilla, BC, and Wrath. LFR is so sloppy and impersonal :lol sort of like random heroics. I like the swiftness and convenience of it, but I'll probably be looking for a guild eventually.

Ceebs

Did my first dungeon since starting back tonight (Temple of the Jade Serpent). Wow people totally zerg rush 5 mans now huh. I think it took all of 15 minutes. No clue how I did though as I have never really been great at DPS (always tanked or healed on my druid cause fuck cat form rotations).

TimeKillr

I seriously don't understand the ToT difficulty balancing.

We extended our raid lockout this week because we were at Dark Animus - it was the first time we managed to down Durumu, so we were psyched and extended our lockout because we wanted to progress.

Yesterday, we down Dark Animus and take our time a bit on him, sadly. Still, he's down, so it's all good! (I got my tier chest from him, which is great).

Today, we attempt Iron Qon. We down him in 4 tries, and we hadn't seen him ever before. Then we down Twin Consorts in TWO tries, and we'd never seen them before.

What the hell is this? Difficulty-wise, this tier is all over the place. Basically, from my understanding and experience, the difficulty for the bosses is basically

Lei Shen > Durumu > Horridon > Council > Iron Qon > Dark Animus > Ji Kun > Tortos > Twin Consorts > Mageara > Primordius > Jin'Rokh.

Place-wise, this is
12-7-2-3-10-9-6-4-11-5-8-1

This makes no sense whatsoever. We wiped for 3 weeks on Durumu to no end. We wiped for 3 weeks on Horridon to no end. Yet we 4-shot Iron Qon and 2-shot Twin Consorts? WTF is this shit?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Don't see why not, they did it once after all. They're probably going to up the chances for legendary items to drop too.

My guess is that they'll just eliminate them entirely, e.g. Valor to Justice. There's no point in having three currencies.

CassSept

Hmmm, wowhead has a Timeless Isle preview up and to be honest... it does sound disappointing. Doesn't seem there is that much to do if you're not completely up-to-speed with pet battles.

What the hell is this? Difficulty-wise, this tier is all over the place. Basically, from my understanding and experience, the difficulty for the bosses is basically

Welcome to WoW? I guess. It's not really that unusual for that happen. At least Lei Shen is the hardest, it didn't always happen in the past.

TimeKillr

Welcome to WoW? I guess. It's not really that unusual for that happen. At least Lei Shen is the hardest, it didn't always happen in the past.

I guess, but looking at the previous raid tier, it wasn't that bad (MSV had Spirit Kings in the middle but I found the rest to have a nice difficulty curve, HoF was just bitchy hard all around but the fights do get harder and harder and Terrace was good) and from what I remember of Cata it was pretty good also. It also helped that Cata had some raids (BWD and Firelands) that weren't linear, so the difficulty curve was however you wanted it.

CassSept

I guess, but looking at the previous raid tier, it wasn't that bad (MSV had Spirit Kings in the middle but I found the rest to have a nice difficulty curve, HoF was just bitchy hard all around but the fights do get harder and harder and Terrace was good) and from what I remember of Cata it was pretty good also. It also helped that Cata had some raids (BWD and Firelands) that weren't linear, so the difficulty curve was however you wanted it.

Yeah I guess that depends and is far less of a concern in non-linear raids. The worst I remember was Black Temple in which bosses 5 and 6 were far harder than the next 3, including Illidan who was a joke.

mclem

Yesterday, we down Dark Animus and take our time a bit on him, sadly. Still, he's down, so it's all good! (I got my tier chest from him, which is great).

I really like Dark Animus as a fight, because it appeals to my slow, strategic nature rather than being hectic and fast-paced. I love the fact that the first phase of it is all about taking one step at a time and reacting if something goes wrong (an accidental large golem being released, someone losing aggro on their golem).

And then there's a straight nuke finish where the DPS can relieve their pent-up need for STABSTABSTAB.

Maybe it just appeals to my control freakery, because the instructions I give boil down to 'just hold aggro and respond to my orders when I give them' :)

I'm an expert

Didn't realize how addicting transmogin would be. I have a friend who wants tier 1/2 shammy stuff so I'm like whatever, we bang out the vanilla raids in a half an hour and I get some old BWL weaps that I'm like..man..this shit used to look great. So then I get some BC weaps and now I'm looking through lists of models and shit tryin to match stuff up. I had already decided on S2 warrior arena gear as my main set since it's my fondest memory (OF WHEN I WAS 2900 IN BG9) but also because it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom