• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Didn't realize how addicting transmogin would be. I have a friend who wants tier 1/2 shammy stuff so I'm like whatever, we bang out the vanilla raids in a half an hour and I get some old BWL weaps that I'm like..man..this shit used to look great. So then I get some BC weaps and now I'm looking through lists of models and shit tryin to match stuff up. I had already decided on S2 warrior arena gear as my main set since it's my fondest memory (OF WHEN I WAS 2900 IN BG9) but also because it's awesome.

It was a subtley MASSIVE addition to the life of the game. Total win/win for Blizzard and for players.

Reusing old art and assets and ensuring they don't go to waste? Check.
Revitalizing old content without needing to modify it at all? Check.
Allowing players to visually customize any of their gear? Check.
Creating a new time/gold-sink with minimal development time? Check.

TimeKillr

I really like Dark Animus as a fight, because it appeals to my slow, strategic nature rather than being hectic and fast-paced. I love the fact that the first phase of it is all about taking one step at a time and reacting if something goes wrong (an accidental large golem being released, someone losing aggro on their golem).

And then there's a straight nuke finish where the DPS can relieve their pent-up need for STABSTABSTAB.

Maybe it just appeals to my control freakery, because the instructions I give boil down to 'just hold aggro and respond to my orders when I give them' :)

Yeah I think it's my favorite fight of this tier so far. Very different yet fair (unlike Durumu, which is a POS fight because of it's stupidly short enrage timer. If it's enrage was longer, he'd be okay).

Also I'm a blood DK, so I can tank the massive golem by myself, which is pretty nice.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
It was a subtley MASSIVE addition to the life of the game. Total win/win for Blizzard and for players.

The only negative I see from it, as a pvper, is that when you looked at an opponent you used to be able to size them up quickly from their gear. Now you have no effing clue. Unless transmog does't carry into arena/rated stuff?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The only negative I see from it, as a pvper, is that when you looked at an opponent you used to be able to size them up quickly from their gear. Now you have no effing clue. Unless transmog does't carry into arena/rated stuff?

I usually judge them by their health right now if i do PVP. Some people also dont even transmog, so its easy to notice those guys still in lvl 88-90 blues/greens. :lol

This. It has seriously added hundreds of hours of playtime for me.

sqwarlock

You can purchase the new aspect pets here for 3 x Celestial Coin, which are a reward of the tournament that requires 30 level 25 pets to enter.

The FUCK?!

Glyph of Dark Binding's effect is now baseline and has been replaced with Glyph of Focused Mending. Glyph of Focused Mending causes Prayer of Mending to only bounce between the target and the caster.

Awesome.

Glyph of Lightspring has been renamed to Glyph of Lightwell. Glyph of Lightwell causes Lightwell to heal for 50% more, but no longer automatically heal targets. Allies can click on the Lightwell to heal.

Interesting change. I don't play Holy, but I wonder if this is a good thing.

Lightspring is now baseline for all Holy Priests and the ability has been renamed to Lightwell.

Oh, never mind. Good move right there.

Clipse

Anyone with an 80+ Horde alt/main want to start transmog runs with me? Just got my Warlock to 80 last night and would like to start collecting the old tier sets.

Yes, I know I can probably solo most of the old raids, but I'd rather find more people so we could faceroll through it all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
With transmog wouldn't that be pointless? Why not just mog it into Gorehowl if you prefer that look. This way a new weapon model is added. Unless you are just advocating a prettier Gorehowl like the new Hand of Rag in Firelands.

I think all recent raid pet drops have a chance to drop from LFR too, so I'd say you could expect it.

Because Garrosh Hellscream should drop Gorehowl because its his weapon. The eyeball one looks stupid and nothing like Gorehowl other than the frame of the item is the same.

ZenaxPure

Probably just a placeholder value.

Even if it's not, it's not really a bit deal. I got around 15 pets to max level before I even had 3 guys I was comfortable with using on every single fight and it's only gone up since then. It's all pretty fast once you get into the rhythm of it.

sqwarlock

Even if it's not, it's not really a bit deal. I got around 15 pets to max level before I even had 3 guys I was comfortable with using on every single fight and it's only gone up since then. It's all pretty fast once you get into the rhythm of it.

Is there a trick to max leveling pets or do you actually go around to level appropriate ones for each pet/party of pets? I don't even have one 25, but I just started seriously leveling my "main" pet.

ZenaxPure

Is there a trick to max leveling pets or do you actually go around to level appropriate ones for each pet/party of pets? I don't even have one 25, but I just started seriously leveling my "main" pet.

The first one you pretty much have to do legit, maybe even the second. But once you have 2 guys you are comfortable using all of the pet tamers in Pandaria give around 4-5k pet xp per fight. A level 1 pet will usually gain 10 or so levels in their first fight, and after that multiple levels per fight until they are 20ish. After that you will slow down a bit, but, it doesn't take too long to get from 20 to 25. It's really fast once you get comfortable with your strategies on each individual tamer.

Sciz

The +35% exp you get from the safari hat and lesser pet treats speeds the process along significantly as well for additional 25s.

Kenai

This makes no sense whatsoever. We wiped for 3 weeks on Durumu to no end. We wiped for 3 weeks on Horridon to no end. Yet we 4-shot Iron Qon and 2-shot Twin Consorts? WTF is this shit?

That sounds the same for our guild. When we finally beat Horridon after like three weeks (it was so demoralizing wiping to the second boss for so long) we had a half an hour left so we figured we try Council. They died in 3 pulls.

We also downed Primordius and Dark Animus in the same night for the first time (wiped to Animus trash more than both of them put together), and in the same night after killing Durumu, which took us 2 weeks. I've also heard that the optional Heroic boss is much easier than Lei Shen on Heroic.

Normally, it doesn't bother me, but I personally thought Horridon was a bad idea for the second boss, especially with the trash leading up to it. Every single time our group was in a debate about whether to reset or not the last couple of weeks, one mention of Horridon trash usually pushed the "not" into unanimous lol. Not that we have 8+ bosses though it's less of a chore to reset.

Kenai

You should have 3 main pets! And at least one of every family is usually a good idea too.

There are some high level trainers (Farmer Nishi, Whispering Spirit) ect who will be a fairly easy kill with 1-2 pets, so if you switch in a lowbie pet (it has to either be able to take one hit or switch in on a telegraphed support move) then you can get gobs of exp for it, and reach 1-25 in roughly 4-5 "max level" battles. I try to get a new pet to 25 every 1-2 days and it's usually not a big deal if you plan weaknesses out. Nishi's whole team almost gets eaten alive by my Mirror Strider, for example. Whispering Spirit's entire team is all flying attacks that dragons resist, ect.

Edit: sorry for d/p

sqwarlock

Leveling up archaeology for the first time since Cata, and I can't believe how fast it's going. Should be able to max it out by tonight.

Considering resubbing to plow through content before next expansion, problem is I'm unsure what class I want to play. I want to play melee two hander.

Is 2 hand enhancement feasible for raid dps? I'm assuming not but I haven't been checking updates.

Which 2 hand class of these three do the most damage in LFR tier gear, crit the hardest, and have the best pvp game? Ret paladin, Arms Warrior or Frost DK.

cdyhybrid

Considering resubbing to plow through content before next expansion, problem is I'm unsure what class I want to play. I want to play melee two hander.

Is 2 hand enhancement feasible for raid dps? I'm assuming not but I haven't been checking updates.

Which 2 hand class of these three do the most damage in LFR tier gear, crit the hardest, and have the best pvp game? Ret paladin, Arms Warrior or Frost DK.

Probably Ret Pally at the moment, at least PvE-wise.

Fjordson

Wtf, just tried to get into a heroic scenario group, but they wanted a 515+ item lvl DPS.

515??? Do I really need to be that geared for these? Blizz says I can get in at 480 :lol

sqwarlock

Wtf, just tried to get into a heroic scenario group, but they wanted a 515+ item lvl DPS.

515??? Do I really need to be that geared for these? Blizz says I can get in at 480 :lol

I did my first heroic scenario (Dark Heart) this week at around 493. It was a guild run though and the others were pretty well geared. Wasn't much of an issue, but I can see how it can be if you're not being carried.

They're just wanting to rush through. They can definitely be done by players with 480 if they know how to play well and pay attention to things. But with higher gear levels you can blast through specific ones. The Crypt of Forgotten Kings is my favorite because it's definitely the easiest. Had a group rush through the entire place in 7m05s a couple days ago because there's close to no challenge on that one compared to something like Blood in the Snow.

Sounds like you just had a dumb group with too-high requirements. You should be fine in there, just don't expect to beat the bonus timers if everyone is on the lower end of the gearing for it.

Fjordson

Hmm, yeah, guessing they were probably looking for a fast run then.

I can understand not wanting a fresh 480, but 515 seemed mighty high. Oh well.

This quest for your first heroic scenario that gives the Heroic Cache of Treasures is just staring at me from my quest log =[ guess I'll have to get a bit more geared.

scoobs

Hmm, yeah, guessing they were probably looking for a fast run then.

I can understand not wanting a fresh 480, but 515 seemed mighty high. Oh well.

This quest for your first heroic scenario that gives the Heroic Cache of Treasures is just staring at me from my quest log =[ guess I'll have to get a bit more geared.
Ilvl480 u should probably work your way through the LFR raids and pug 10 man raids to get ur I'll up a bit higher

Tarazet

I'm seriously considering never doing LFR again. I tried queueing up for Terrace to try to get my Chimera on my unholy DK alt. Get into a group on Lei Shi. This dumbfuck with the name Deathknight (with a bunch of altered characters) was queued as a tank, pulled the boss and afk'ed, then did it again when she reset. We kicked him, then he logged on his alt Druid, got into our group and did the same fucking thing. I just ran out of the zone and exited the game in a rage, because I knew there was realistically nothing I could even do about this fuckstick.

That was after I waited 30 minutes in a queue only to have the server go offline.

Slayerx

There is a certain slot machine quality to Timeless Isle but it's very different from traditional WoW, a lot of people just woulnd't know what to do there and where to start.

sqwarlock

I'm seriously considering never doing LFR again. I tried queueing up for Terrace to try to get my Chimera on my unholy DK alt. Get into a group on Lei Shi. This dumbfuck with the name Deathknight (with a bunch of altered characters) was queued as a tank, pulled the boss and afk'ed, then did it again when she reset. We kicked him, then he logged on his alt Druid, got into our group and did the same fucking thing. I just ran out of the zone and exited the game in a rage, because I knew there was realistically nothing I could even do about this fuckstick.

That was after I waited 30 minutes in a queue only to have the server go offline.

Ummm, I encountered the same guy two nights ago, only we didn't have to reset Lei Shi. Truly is a fuckstick.

ampere

Because Garrosh Hellscream should drop Gorehowl because its his weapon. The eyeball one looks stupid and nothing like Gorehowl other than the frame of the item is the same.

Fair enough. I honestly would prefer if the fight with Garrosh didn't feature him being corrupted/sha touched. He could summon sha adds, but Garrosh already looks pretty badass, adding in sha stuff does make him look a bit generic.

Normally, it doesn't bother me, but I personally thought Horridon was a bad idea for the second boss, especially with the trash leading up to it. Every single time our group was in a debate about whether to reset or not the last couple of weeks, one mention of Horridon trash usually pushed the "not" into unanimous lol. Not that we have 8+ bosses though it's less of a chore to reset.

I haven't looked at the boss order/linearity of SoO yet, but I know the devs agreed that Horridon was a bit of a showstopper second boss and they don't want to do that again. I can see how the fight can be tricky for some groups, there is a lot of stuff going on.

Please make a ticket about him, if enough people do they will take action on players like that. I've queue for the first part of HoF and someone would pull all the trash at once and leave, we'd wipe, then someone else would do it, etc. Sucks

There is a certain slot machine quality to Timeless Isle but it's very different from traditional WoW, a lot of people just woulnd't know what to do there and where to start.

Yea they said it's an experiment. It sounds neat, but it probably won't appeal to everyone.

Fjordson

As someone who isn't in a raiding guild, are 489 and 496 valor epics from factions an okay investment to start out with? Not sure if I should keep dropping valor points on them, but I figure they're a nice upgrade from my 463 heroic blues (if only one of these faction sold a hunter weapon!) and from a decent amount of what I'll see in LFR.

Acidote

At this point I would spent little in those items and save the valor for the shado pan assault 522 items. You'll be over 480 soon and LFRing ToT with its 502 items.

Fjordson

At this point I would spent little in those items and save the valor for the shado pan assault 522 items. You'll be over 480 soon and LFRing ToT with its 502 items.
I'm actually already at 481...lol. Thanks for the info, GAF saves me yet again.

What about spending valor for upgrades? Thinking I should upgrade my 522 legs I got from Oon and maybe my 522 ring.

edit: oh and I got exalted with Shado-Pan finally! Revered sort of flew by thanks to the commendation thing you can buy. I really love the Onyx Serpent, but the tigers are somewhat disappointing.

Acidote

Upgrade them when you have no more 522 items left to buy. The jump from buying those items will be bigger than the upgrades.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What's the recommended way to do the barrens weekly? How many people does it take to drop a commander?

Ultratech

What's the recommended way to do the barrens weekly? How many people does it take to drop a commander?

Best way I do it is to pretty much gather up a bunch of the regular mobs and down them.

Though if you can get a decent group together, it goes much faster.

Commanders drop quite a bit of stuff, but it takes a while to kill them even with a lot of people.

Magnus

Let me see if I understand all the Lightwell changes:

So, Lightwell is now baseline for all priests (including Shadow?) and now functions as a Spring by default. That is, it auto-heals people below a certain health % threshold.

The Glyph of Lightwell changes it back into a clickable Well (removing the Spring autoheal functionality) but ups the healing granted by 50%.

Correct?

Just got my Poseidus kill for the Subdued Seahorse. Now with that and Time-Lost Proto Drake I only have Aeonaxx left and then I'll be done camping for mounts. Pretty exciting stuff! But I believe Aeonaxx is the worst one. Hmph.

ampere

Let me see if I understand all the Lightwell changes:

So, Lightwell is now baseline for all Holy priests (including Shadow?) and now functions as a Spring by default. That is, it auto-heals people below a certain health % threshold.

The Glyph of Lightwell changes it back into a clickable Well (removing the Spring autoheal functionality) but ups the healing granted by 50%.

Correct?

See my edit, now it's correct. No other specs get it, they're just making the glyph baseline and letting you glyph to get the version of the spell no one seems to want.

Datamining gives weird results sometimes showing spells for all specs and stuff
Just got my Poseidus kill for the Subdued Seahorse. Now with that and Time-Lost Proto Drake I only have Aeonaxx left and then I'll be done camping for mounts. Pretty exciting stuff! But I believe Aeonaxx is the worst one. Hmph.
Grats

Make a toon on one of those realms without CRZ, I think The Venture Co. US is one of them. It's an RP-PVP server and I guess there aren't any other RP-PVP realms in that timezone so it doesn't have CRZ according to its realm forums. Might be easier than trying to get Aeonaxx on CRZ

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The new Frost Mage Mastery spell effect looks pretty nice. Fire and Arcane mages might get jealous. :p

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The new Frost Mage Mastery spell effect looks pretty nice. Fire and Arcane mages might get jealous. :p

Its also a dps loss unless blizzard makes changes to it before 5.4 hits. Lot of testing has been done from various people on forums, and it looks like its a pretty firm pve nerf.

Berordn

Its also a dps loss unless blizzard makes changes to it before 5.4 hits. Lot of testing has been done from various people on forums, and it looks like its a pretty firm pve nerf.

They probably haven't done a numbers pass yet since they're still doing mechanics changes.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
They probably haven't done a numbers pass yet since they're still doing mechanics changes.

Lets hope so. I was kind of wishing that this change would make frost more viable at 520+ gear levels but so far it seems to just make frost less viable period.

Make a toon on one of those realms without CRZ, I think The Venture Co. US is one of them. It's an RP-PVP server and I guess there aren't any other RP-PVP realms in that timezone so it doesn't have CRZ according to its realm forums. Might be easier than trying to get Aeonaxx on CRZ

Eh, I don't play alts. I'm sure doing that would make it easier to get Aeonaxx but the amount of time I actually play while camping is extremely minimal since I just listen/watch for the alert while browsing online, watching videos, and reading. While leveling has been made quicker the amount of time before I could get to Deepholm is much, much longer than my barely playing I do while camping. I did pick a slightly new spot for camping that still leaves me quite close to the two NW spawns but if online maps are to be believed I'm still within range of the NE spawn and the northernmost SW spawn. Sure, less likely to get those two that are further away due to others camping and travel time but it also means I might get lucky to get one of those two if others aren't nearby enough or afk and don't catch the alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom