• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

6Ck2lzw.jpg

:D

RPGCrazied

Supposedly they showed a teaser trailer for the WoW movie at Comic Con, but said they aren't going to release the footage. I wonder, not even Blizzcon? Surely it would be there.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I love blowing my justice points on old ass armor sets for transmog. Why not! Also, BC was the best expansion in every department (though I was only in Cata for launch and I've just now caught up with Pandaria). Pandaria has a lot, a lot, a lot of great ideas but it almost feels a bit too late as they're all flavor rather than core gameplay.

Supposedly they showed a teaser trailer for the WoW movie at Comic Con, but said they aren't going to release the footage. I wonder, not even Blizzcon? Surely it would be there.
They should release it at BlizzCon. It sounds like it was basically the intro to WarCraft III done in live-action which is pretty damn cool.

sqwarlock

Even though I have a full set of cloth heirlooms that I can use to level a balance druid, I kind of want to buy the leather spell 'looms as well. Should I?

Tamanon

Banned
Might be better to spend those points on making the cloth heirlooms last until 85 instead.

There's no issue with leveling a Boomkin in cloth, it's an extremely minor int increase before you're 80ish anyways.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Even though I have a full set of cloth heirlooms that I can use to level a balance druid, I kind of want to buy the leather spell 'looms as well. Should I?

Not really. even if you wanted to level a Mistwalker monk, the Cloth heirloom gear is very serviceable. Though you would lose the 5% bonus to Intellect when you reach level 50.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did Blizzard ever said if Horde players will still be able to go to Orgrimmar during 5.4? I suppose that for the sake of convenience, nothing will change, but it still wont make much sense with what's happening. One second you're freely using the bank and AH, and the other your fighting your way through Garrosh minions.

Magnus

Did Blizzard ever said if Horde players will still be able to go to Orgrimmar during 5.4? I suppose that for the sake of convenience, nothing will change, but it still wont make much sense with what's happening. One second you're freely using the bank and AH, and the other your fighting your way through Garrosh minions.

I love shake-ups and forced changes; they're reflective of the goings-on of a living, breathing world, and are just the kind of thing I play a game like WoW for.

So I hope it's a total warzone and we can't get close and have to relocate elsewhere.

I'm still hoping Darnassus turns into the Alliance main hub someday, haha. I was hoping it would happen way back when Hyjal was announced as a war zone for Cata, but alas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I love shake-ups and forced changes; they're reflective of the goings-on of a living, breathing world, and are just the kind of thing I play a game like WoW for.

So I hope it's a total warzone and we can't get close and have to relocate elsewhere.

I'm still hoping Darnassus turns into the Alliance main hub someday, haha. I was hoping it would happen way back when Hyjal was announced as a war zone for Cata, but alas.

There's no reason to go to any of the other hub cities. Blizzard makes it so they don't have required services, so why go there? The only reason to go to SW in the first place is because Blizzard cuts off AH access.

So I hit 90 on my hunter two days ago...
Ran a bunch of heroics yesterday. Got a belt from Oondasta too!
Did the two MSV LFRs today. Ended just shy of 470 =(
But then I ran another heroic and got two 463 upgrades that bumped me to 470.
So why not. Monday LFRs suck but I'll knock the rest out.
Drops are very generous. I finish Terrace at..... 480 (also 7 power, 3 wisdom)
Fuck. Do I really want to run 4 wings of ToT on a Monday night >_<... but I can't let the reset go to waste! #WarcraftWorldProblems

vocab

Got a 522 weapon, and got Phosphorescent Stone drake in 15 mins. Hell yes.

480 still isn't high enough on my server =[ most groups don't let anyone in below 510-515 item lvl.

Hopefully I'll get there eventually. Only at 481 right now.

Man, I'll carry you through a Hscenario. Waiting for 510 is so shitty. You need that valor, and that quest done. Add vocab#1541

Man, I'll carry you through a Hscenario. Waiting for 510 is so shitty. You need that valor, and that quest done.

Came here to say that I just got my Phosphorescent Stone Drake as well. I'm now done with Time-Lost Proto Drake, Aeonaxx, and Poseidus. Feels so good to be all done with camping! I can finally quit the game when I'm done for the day and not leave it constantly running in the background!

And next up I'll be working on Alani and collecting 9,999 bones for the raptor. Good times ahead!

Oh, and for another update I'm now up to 211 Slabhide kills and still no Vitreous Drake. Ugh.

vocab

Bones are easy, alani crystals don't exist.

Right now i'm going back and forth to TLPD, and Seahorse, but no luck so far.

Also, you gotta get that camel man!

Fjordson

Man, I'll carry you through a Hscenario. Waiting for 510 is so shitty. You need that valor, and that quest done. Add vocab#1541
Dude, that'd be awesome! I've been away all day, but I'll add you when I get home.

And Grats on the Drake!

I've also thought about going for the bones for the Isle of Giants raptor, but I dunno. Not sure I have the patience for it :lol we'll see.

I'm such a sucker for mounts man. I love collecting them for some reason. Hopefully Blizz keeps putting cool ones into the game for the foreseeable future and doesn't save all of them for the real money store.

sqwarlock

I've gotten the itch to try going for old tier sets for transmogging, but I've no idea what a priest can solo. I want to go for the T5 and T6 sets especially.

Bones are easy, alani crystals don't exist.

Right now i'm going back and forth to TLPD, and Seahorse, but no luck so far.

Also, you gotta get that camel man!

Yeah, I thought of the camel. I need to reinstall TomTom since it's not working with the coordinate macros I made awhile back for that. I'm not terribly excited to go for that one. I've read that the best strategy isn't to camp but instead just swing through there every hour or so and then go do whatever and come back to check again. I hate Uldum. That's really what kills my enthusiasm for that one. Also, I never use the camel mounts. Oh well!

And for a total update Phosphorescent was my 180th mount.

I'll keep earning dino bones as I collect the primal eggs. Have my third one incubating right now but my first two were duplicate mounts. While I have primal eggs to hatch I'll only get bones while earning the eggs. By the time I'm done with collecting all the raptors I figure I'll be at least a third of the way there and I'll just slowly work on it after that with a goal of maybe 500 bones a night.

Alani skyshards I figure I'll mostly just do the Golden Lotus dailies right now since I'm done with every other daily set (except for Ogri'la which I still haven't started on this character). I figure I'll be getting a skyshard at roughly one every two weeks of dailies based off of my previous experience and the general rate at which they drop. I already have three from when I was doing the dailies to exalted and I imagine the closer I get to 10 total the more likely I'll find myself simply grinding enemies out there hoping to get extra drops. Once I have seven it's going to be difficult not to grind away mindlessly, heh.

And hit 220 Slabhide kills tonight. This is ridiculous.

I feel like I'm kinda done.

My guild is 8/12 ToT now. I haven't gotten any loot in awhile, a grade A douchelord in my guild was rewarded with the haunting spirit boots for being a grade A douchelord, and every time I hear certain people's voices in vent, I want to scream.

It's probably time for me to take a break. Or find a new guild.

My guild is 8/12 ToT now. I haven't gotten any loot in awhile, a grade A douchelord in my guild was rewarded with the haunting spirit boots for being a grade A douchelord, and every time I hear certain people's voices in vent, I want to scream.

I'm fairly close to the same point. I don't raid too frequently with my guild but it's pretty obvious we're not going to get past Tortos as we are making no real progress or seeing change after spending hours dying over and over on him. There are some other ToT runs that I've been invited to from other players on the server that I've done stuff with and they appreciate how I play so I might take them up on that offer soon just to see what it's like to make some progress and possibly get some other gear. But I know they're also pushing me to change guilds and I don't really want to do that, especially since I appreciate how active my current guild is compared to many others in day-to-day activity.

I expect I'll be jumping into pugs quite frequently with SoO's Flex mode, though. Really looking forward to that.

If you like the people you're with and just tired of raiding I'd almost suggest just taking a raid break until SoO since Flex mode will likely ease some tensions for guilds that have trouble making progress in normal modes.

scoobs

If you're not going fun and haven't already built up lots of dkp, friendships, etc it's probably best to start over and look for a better fit it. I'm lucky I've finally found a great Guild and made lots of friends who I play lots of other games with now on steam and stuff. Makes raiding much more fun and rewarding if you're doing it with friends.

sqwarlock

I haven't been in a great guild since the WOTLK/early-Cata days. I've floated among several since, but none have been as good as Tarren Mill Deathguard on Darkspear. Miss those guys. All I want right now is an active and talkative social guild. So far <reddit> seems to be fitting that bill on Sargeras, funnily enough.

Fjordson

I haven't been in a great guild since the WOTLK/early-Cata days. I've floated among several since, but none have been as good as Tarren Mill Deathguard on Darkspear. Miss those guys. All I want right now is an active and talkative social guild. So far <reddit> seems to be fitting that bill on Sargeras, funnily enough.
reddit is on Sargeras? That's my server, haha.

sqwarlock

reddit is on Sargeras? That's my server, haha.

Yep, they are. My main's not in reddit, but I have an alt in their guild. I'm actually amazed at how far along their progression is. Didn't peg it to be a relatively serious raiding guild.

Nice to know another Gaffer is on Sargeras too.

mclem

Yeah I think it's my favorite fight of this tier so far. Very different yet fair (unlike Durumu, which is a POS fight because of it's stupidly short enrage timer. If it's enrage was longer, he'd be okay).

Mmm, we've only had issues with Durumu's enrage timer because of player deaths, really. It does tend to be our stumbling block, though, because we've never really nailed Life-drain-during-purple-knockback-thingy. It seems to be fundamentally RNG whether we lose someone to that. Perhaps planning around iceblocks is the solution.

Things really open up after Durumu, though. Next four bosses tend to go down with little hassle. We've only wiped a few times on Consorts and Primordius. Heck, the biggest threat in that section is probably the Animus trash!

That said, Blizzard have previously said that they like the idea of placing 'reward bosses' after tough bosses or at the start of attunement-locked instances, so I'm not averse to a sprinkling of easy bosses, but I think they've messed up the balance somewhat!

ZenaxPure

My rogue has been in his own guild all expansion and I've been pretty happy with it. Might finally change that with flex raiding + virtual realms, but, who knows. It's been relieving more than anything actually, having a guild bank to yourself is very useful when you have crafting alts.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
My rogue has been in his own guild all expansion and I've been pretty happy with it. Might finally change that with flex raiding + virtual realms, but, who knows. It's been relieving more than anything actually, having a guild bank to yourself is very useful when you have crafting alts.

My friend and I made our own little guild too, helps a lot and the few levels of perks we have are also useful. With how easy it is to gear up, there's not much point to the big raiding guilds unless you need to be the best of the best, which in my case I've already done in previous years.

Also, what is up with dailies like Golden Sun.. 100ish a quest? Really?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh my. Those are some ugly looking rogue sets. I guess I'll just keep my disowner transmog and switch to netherblade sometime.

There literally hasn't been a good looking rogue set since wrath.

Rogue tier 6 is my favorite. The Wrath PvP sets looked really good too, I loved the progression. S8 was a bit too much, but 6 and 7 were still great.

mclem

There literally hasn't been a good looking rogue set since wrath.
Paladins say Hi; sets haven't been great since Vanilla. Although maybe my viewpoint is skewed by how wonderful T2 was.

Of course, now I'm rooting for a set made of pieces I actually want to use, but baby steps...

Clipse

Paladins say Hi; sets haven't been great since Vanilla. Although maybe my viewpoint is skewed by how wonderful T2 was.

Of course, now I'm rooting for a set made of pieces I actually want to use, but baby steps...
I really liked T13. Only on female BE's with the helm turned off though.

ZenaxPure

Rogue tier 6 is my favorite.

I always thought T6 had a cool hat but I really hated the shoulders (I didn't think they were bad really, just never matched the rest of the set). Black recolor of T8 will probably always be my favorite, T11 is probably second. T1 might actually be my favorite if the boob shoulders weren't a thing. The recreation of the set (with updated boob shoulders) in the character select screen is pretty good, but, I still don't think the shoulders match the rest of the set.

Basically I really enjoy the sets that use the really tight armor that makes your character look light-weight. It's always felt the most rogue-ish to me. Granted the hats in both T1 and T8 are almost gaudy and go against the image of the rest of their respective sets, but, I still like them.

Gonna be honest, I think Paladin T12 craps all over T2. If we aren't limiting ourselves to just tier armor either I also think paladin S11 is better than T2, and well, better than every single set in the game probably.

mclem

Gonna be honest, I think Paladin T12 craps all over T2. If we aren't limiting ourselves to just tier armor either I also think paladin S11 is better than T2, and well, better than every single set in the game probably.

T12 was Firelands, no? Nice, but a bit overly brown. I hadn't thought of PvP sets - I'm strictly PvE - but that is quite a nice set. I like the asymmetry.

I do like a couple of flecks of bright colour in part because it helps to pick my character out when stuff's going on around me :); as tank, that's rather useful given my viewpoint is occasionally interfered with.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

It is. Just because T2 was the best paladin armor set doesn't mean there hasn't been a good one since.

ZenaxPure

I like T2 and all, but I honestly think it was surpassed as early as T6. There's a lot of nice paladin sets in the game.

T6 had some pretty awesome shoulders, floating crown felt kinda.... weird to me, but, I didn't hate it. That did remind me of T8 paladin, though, probably another set I'd rank above T2 as well honestly. I agree plenty of paladin sets have been better than T2, but, I think when it comes to bad sets the worst paladin sets are worse than the worst sets of any other class.

T1, T4, normal mode T11. No thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom