• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Member
Jade Spirit > Elemental Force > Windsong, I would think.

Pretty much describes every Druid spec right now. Fundamentally works, but horribly clunky and with issues.

Jade Spirit too expensive for me right now, so it's between EF and WS.

Hm, I don't know, people tell me Windsong is good for classes with dots, but Elemental Force also procs a lot due to dots too. What is a frost mage to do

Sophia

Member
Jade Spirit too expensive for me right now, so it's between EF and WS.

Hm, I don't know, people tell me Windsong is good for classes with dots, but Elemental Force also procs a lot due to dots too. What is a frost mage to do

The guides at Icy Vein put intellect higher than secondary stats. I'm not sure how accurate that actually is, given the same guides put dodge rating fairly high for Guardian too. Assuming it's right, Elemental Force would be the better choice.

scoobs

Member
cleared 4/6 normal now, man these fights are fun. Spirit kings was something of a joke, but still a fun encounter. Elegon next week >< I foresee many wipes in my future. Also, cleared 2 LFRs, and 7 normal bosses and 0 pieces of loot have dropped for me. NEAT

Kenai

Member
Ha, same. :p I got 2 stacks waiting in bank + 1 other in my bag that just reached the 180 stack. At least once im done with dailies, i'll have enough silver coins to turn into gold coins for months.

I was sad when they didn't add anything else to spend coins on (I was hoping for rep badges or something). I would at least have liked it for them to put the stupid things on the currency page instead of making them a stacked item.

I've been pacing the dailies, only seriously doing Tillers+Cloud Serpent+Klaxxi until I started Golden Lotus this week. I also leveled my Monk from 1 so I started all of them later than most, and I still have a third stack of coins started. I'm going to eventually do all of the rep factions as I complete the current ones I am on, time permitting, but it's going to suck to see how many slots the coins take up by the time I am done. ~_~

Irnbru

Member
cleared 4/6 normal now, man these fights are fun. Spirit kings was something of a joke, but still a fun encounter. Elegon next week >< I foresee many wipes in my future. Also, cleared 2 LFRs, and 7 normal bosses and 0 pieces of loot have dropped for me. NEAT

I know that feel. Also, yes Elegon, he's not terrible bad, but man, you have to be on the money in execution. We've worked 3ish hours on em. Hopefully we get em this next week

Something I can't find a straight answer on but maybe someone on here knows... I discovered the Worgen have a raven they can buy as a companion pet. If I level a Worgen, get it, learn it, then delete the character... will I still have it on my Horde characters?

138uJ.jpg

It's a flying goat thing?

Let's start the bid off at $25. Do I hear $25?

Acidote

Member
Last night we one shotted the 2 nd boss. After that we changed one raid member for another guild member and wiped on the third. We changed them back again and one shotted him. What a difference one person can make.
Did they remove getting XP from BGs? I don't think I'm getting any, or maybe I don't notice.
You certainly get it if you win the BG. AV can give you up to 2M xp at 89 if its the bg of the day and you win it.

Robin64

Member
Yesterday was the first day since MoP launch that I didn't log in at all. Feels good, you guys! WoW's not a job, after all. And now I'm itching to play today, blitz as many dailies as I can. Seems that a break helps.

Tarazet

Member
They're lacking in burst healing, but yeah they're better off than Guardians are right now. Guardian and Feral are just a mess to play.

Guardian is cake. You have a brainless basic rotation that you will do in your sleep, you put debuffs on everything effortlessly, Barkskin has a 1 minute cooldown, and the glyphed Frenzied Regeneration makes it stupidly easy for healers to keep you up in high-damage phases. It's got to be the easiest tank to play.

Feral isn't actually that bad to play, but I defy anyone to keep track of everything that's going on without something like Cat's Eye (which displays your combo points, buffs, and debuffs together in a compact format). If you do use a mod like that, and use Glyph of Shred to make the positional issues more forgiving, then everything becomes a lot easier. The only thing that feels a bit clunky is throwing in a Healing Touch to make your next two hits bigger with Dream of Cenarius, but Predatory Swiftness makes it easy to do. Besides, Feral isn't GCD locked unless Berserk is active anyway, so taking the time out for the heal is actually more suitable for Feral than Balance or Guardian, which are GCD locked all the time.

B-Dex

Member
Leveled herbalism and inscription both to 600 today.

fuck outland herbs and fuck NORTHREND inscription research giving me an old glyph that required OUTLAND mats. Had to farm there 3 times today

Dinged 60 on Priest. Definitely the highest level Priest I've ever had. She'll be in the freezer for a bit though while I work my Mage and Rogue up there. Outland should be pretty breezy - the Priest was already 60.5 by the time I stopped playing since I had about 1/4 a level overspill from the Battleground that dinged me, and I wanted to wrap up a few quests I was in the middle of in Hellfire Peninsula.

Rokam

Member
So used Charm on Sha of Anger on my DK and got tier pants. Jumped on my fresh 90 shaman with no Charms and got tier gloves. Also got 2 pieces of gear from LFR on my DK and getting Valor gloves later this week. It's been a good day.

mclem

Member
feels so good when people in LFR actually listen to explanation on bosses,

only one wipe on elegon

My policy of deliberately dragging my guild along to LFRs paid off when we finally did the second part to fill in time; no wipes on Elegon. A couple on the Will, though, we had to juggle a couple of strategies.

Using the word 'juggle' reminded me of something. I recently wrote, regarding Stone Guard:

"As a tank it's very hard for me to call when to burst the blues and break the chains (and yes, I've started picking up fight-specific lingo!) while still juggling the dogs."

and then it struck me that, viewed out of context, that sentence is *awesome*. I love it whenever I say something that to me makes perfect sense yet also makes my housemate give me a *very* quizzical look.

mclem

Member
also aftre our dps got some gear i found it really hard to be second on threat on that troll boss before the first banish, no vengeance sucks hard, I guess there is a small window between the banish and next voodoo dolls that I can taunt

Taunt regularly. While the boss is fixated means you won't take him on a permanent basis, and it'll still give you a healthy chunk of threat and vengeance.

I'm in that curious situation when tanking where I note that my offtank is dying more frequently than I am but I'm not clear if that's because he's playing worse, if it's because he's worse geared, or if it's because I'm the guild and raid leader as well as the nominal MT so healers are healing me by default, which doesn't really apply for many fights!

lordmrw

Member
So used Charm on Sha of Anger on my DK and got tier pants. Jumped on my fresh 90 shaman with no Charms and got tier gloves. Also got 2 pieces of gear from LFR on my DK and getting Valor gloves later this week. It's been a good day.

I haven't been that lucky in one week since wrath of the lich king, damn.

Robin64

Member
Something I can't find a straight answer on but maybe someone on here knows... I discovered the Worgen have a raven they can buy as a companion pet. If I level a Worgen, get it, learn it, then delete the character... will I still have it on my Horde characters?

Yep! Because this is exactly what I did.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just pick one. Can't go wrong either.

How does one actually research gear? WoW history I just took whatever came my way.
Depends what you mean "research"?

The easiest thing to do is to take a look at the loot tables for bosses in the Dungeon Journal. Blizzard made it much more convenient by adding in the Filter by class -> spec.

idlewild_

Member
http://i.imgur.com/FJiz7.png

Klaxxi will soon be gone... FOREVER.

Just got exalted today with them. Another 2 days for golden lotus and I can say goodbye to some of the worst rep grinds I've done so far.

Not sure if they nerfed shado-pan, or what the deal is, but I swear I was getting more than 900 rep per day. At this rate, it's going to take 3-4 more weeks for this grind, ugh. Those Protector Yi/Chao the Voice daily quests are so bad, bastards run around and aggro everything, takes forever to get out of combat. I've stopped picking either of the companions for that set and just turn the quests in to other people's companions.

Ultratech

Member
can i buy mop honor gear without reaching lvl 90?
if so, how can i get to the vendor on the wall without a flying mount?

You probably can?

I know you can get up on the wall if you head towards the Shado-Pan flight point in Kun-Lai, since it's on top of the wall, and you just walk up there. From there, you could mount up and run the length of the wall.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The only August Celestial dailies I'm enjoying are the ones in Kun-Lai :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Roll Club needs to be available more often.
Isn't it active 100% of the time? You just need to go slightly north from the firebomb-place? I've gotten it like 5 times in a row (Mal'Ganis).

Tarazet

Member
Isn't it active 100% of the time? You just need to go slightly north from the firebomb-place? I've gotten it like 5 times in a row (Mal'Ganis).

I suppose I can always do it to break up the monotony, even if I don't have the daily for it. I've only gotten it once (Ghostlands).

IsayFever

Member
I... guess? They're not nearly as bad off as Holy Priests, at any rate. I stopped playing Resto once raids started, because we have an excessive of healers.

Given the state Guardians are in, I'm starting to regret my decision to be the main tank.

lol wut? Guardians are amazing, and feral is one of the highest parsing dps specs

Fularu

Banned
The Torch of Strenght is one shitty daily allright. I just can't do it because of latency. Hey look, no flames and no wind.. guess I got screwed again

TimeKillr

Member
Completely agree. DK tanks have been the most fun for YEARS because of how they worked, other tanks should be glad that they're getting this type of playstyle, and it works better for monks than the other three because it was designed this way from the ground up. I think monk tanks are awesome.

Yeah. I've been DK tanking throughout Cata and it's so much more interesting than Warrior/Pally/Bear tanking because of the interesting choices (mitigation vs damage vs control) that you have to do with limited buttons. I've tried all the tanking classes and the DK is by far my favorite. I'm leveling a Monk and I'm super interested in seeing how they tank a high level, because it sounds like it's somewhat a reverse DK - instead of spending runes to gain runic, you spend energy to gain chi so it's a bit different in how it handles resource management yet still keeps the active mitigation and the interesting choices there.

I'm just worried about the "too many buttons" syndrome that Warriors have, for example. I like DKs because in every situation, I need the following buttons:

1- Macro for diseases (basically, a /castsequence that resets every minute with a bunch of Icy Touches and Plague Strikes)
2- Death Strike
3- Heart Strike
4- Rune Strike
5- Taunt
6- Death Grip
7- Blood Boil
8- Death and Decay

8 abilities, all mapped to 1-4 and alt 1-4, and I'm done. The priority is simple and lets you focus on mitigation at the appropriate times without being bogged down with the resource system - you basically only use diseases once, then Death Strike + Heart Strike + Rune Strike + Blood Boil super often.

The only August Celestial dailies I'm enjoying are the ones in Kun-Lai :(

Niuzao temple dailies are horrible.
I don't enjoy the torch daily at kun-lai but yeah they're fun.
Crane temple dailies aren't too bad but getting no money from the mobs you have to kill kinda blows.
If the Jade temple dailies weren't so buggy they'd probably be the breeziest.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
>log in
>read message "SERVER RESTART: 00:15

LAWL

Status