• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Almost forgot my dailies today o_o

Entropia

No One Remembers
I completely understand, but it is unbelievably difficult to get into an RBG, let alone one that consists of a competent group of players...If you kept the cap at 1650 through just plain arenas and battlegrounds but increased every piece by 200 points instead of 100 it would essentially do the exact same thing, though it would silence the complaining and not put a hold to getting the cap that has always been there.

I kinda felt like people are getting cheated off not getting points....I am at 3/5 of malevolent already and have a 1670 arena rating, but I am still losing out on points...I am an arms warrior, nobody wants me for an RBG.

Yeah, I'd love to do RBGs, but it's tough to get a team together if you're not already in the scene. Otherwise you get stomped.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I feel liberated only doing 2 hours of dailies instead of 4 now.

Now I only do August Celestial, Shad-pan and 2-3 dailies from Halfhill. Depending on who gives them out, I skip those if none of them give me any rep.

Since then I've actually had a lot of time to start leveling my monk, level 50 right now. They have a really cool and unique playstyle.

[edit]

Oh, and apparently Galleoon spawned the second the servers came back up. I stayed up to 6 am (normally when they go offline for maintenance) and the servers didn't go offline, then I checked the login page and there was nothing. Figured they weren't doing one today. >:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yup, I can't praise the music in this expansion enough times. It's really, REALLY good.

scoobs

3 full LFR clears = 2 raidfinder pieces, 12 normal boss kills = ZERO plate or strength drops. Fuck my fucking life.

OH and 4 sha kills. Forgot that nugget of information. I think blizzard is trolling me

Ultratech

Did Sha earlier and won nothing but Gold, even with my bonus roll!

So...I did some LFR and still won nothing until I used a coin on the last boss and won a Helm (was kinda hoping for the Bow, but the Helm works since it's still an upgrade).

Man, leveling really sucks now. The quick leveling really throws it off. Questing in the zone will result in grey out quests.
Also, the redesign specialization crap makes lower levels extremely boring. I get a ton of garbage useless skills for a dozen levels.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Man, leveling really sucks now. The quick leveling really throws it off. Questing in the zone will result in grey out quests.
Also, the redesign specialization crap makes lower levels extremely boring. I get a ton of garbage useless skills for a dozen levels.

The leveling thing is necessary for older players who are simply leveling alts. If you are new to WoW without guild perks and heirlooms, you'll be leveling at a pretty decent pace and shouldn't be getting any grey quests by the time you're done the zones.

Though the new talent tree isn't really fun from a leveling point of view because it's all utility based, it's WAY better than putting 1 talent to increase the crit chance of a spell by 1% that you didn't get for another 30 levels. Leveling a Destro Warlock was a really unfriendly experience from that point of view.

Yoshichan

It's good, but i don't really like the one in the Vale. I dunno, something about it bothers me.
It's disorientating!

Magnus

First LFR epic since 5.0 hit! YAY!

Question:

Is there an addon or utility that will calculate for me the best way to reforge for optimal hit cap? I get off on coming as close as I can to cap without going under.

Hit Exalted with Tillers today. Cutting back on my daily count for a bit now. Going to continue Anglers to Exalted while the Hallow's End rep buff is up - I want the mount. Otherwise probably just August Celestials for a bit since they're short.

Golden Lotus I've hit revered with, but there's so many fucking dailies I'm not sure if I want to continue working on them until that rep fix is in (5.1?) Klaxxi I'll finish maybe after Anglers, or only maybe every other day.

Do need to work on Shado-Pan to get to at least revered, but I need a break. Going to be out of town for 5 days, so I definitely won't be doing the full rounds if I even get the chance to play WoW at all. Anglers are nice with 3 (mostly) short and sweet dailies (though I swear there was one day when I got 5 or 6.)

Question:

Is there an addon or utility that will calculate for me the best way to reforge for optimal hit cap? I get off on coming as close as I can to cap without going under.

For my reforging needs, I'm extremely lazy and use the addon called Reforgenator (or some variation of that spelling.) It has the stat weights for each class (or you can plug them in if the defaults are wrong) and it should figure out the optimal reforge.

Is there a way to make a macro that has multiple CC remove on it? Just want to make one with the badge, and if the badge is on CD, use the Tremor Totem.

The leveling thing is necessary for older players who are simply leveling alts. If you are new to WoW without guild perks and heirlooms, you'll be leveling at a pretty decent pace and shouldn't be getting any grey quests by the time you're done the zones.

Though the new talent tree isn't really fun from a leveling point of view because it's all utility based, it's WAY better than putting 1 talent to increase the crit chance of a spell by 1% that you didn't get for another 30 levels. Leveling a Destro Warlock was a really unfriendly experience from that point of view.

I started on another server, so no heirlooms or bonus XP/panda XP.

I did get quest grey out in Duskwood. I was doing each specific dungeon once, so it may have contributed, but that shit shouldn't grey out. There should be like a 10 level threshold before it does.

Magnus

Hit Exalted with Tillers today. Cutting back on my daily count for a bit now. Going to continue Anglers to Exalted while the Hallow's End rep buff is up - I want the mount. Otherwise probably just August Celestials for a bit since they're short.

Golden Lotus I've hit revered with, but there's so many fucking dailies I'm not sure if I want to continue working on them until that rep fix is in (5.1?) Klaxxi I'll finish maybe after Anglers, or only maybe every other day.

Do need to work on Shado-Pan to get to at least revered, but I need a break. Going to be out of town for 5 days, so I definitely won't be doing the full rounds if I even get the chance to play WoW at all. Anglers are nice with 3 (mostly) short and sweet dailies (though I swear there was one day when I got 5 or 6.)

For my reforging needs, I'm extremely lazy and use the addon called Reforgenator (or some variation of that spelling.) It has the stat weights for each class (or you can plug them in if the defaults are wrong) and it should figure out the optimal reforge.

Rep fix in 5.1? Is there one for your main? I thought all they were going to add was the Valor/rep buff/boosts for alts....

NVM -- just remembered! There was a boost after Revered. Right

Yeah if you do any dungeons, they're a huge XP boost between the mobs and especially if you do the quests. Completely throws off your XP curve for a zone while questing that you'll end up skipping at least some of the zone if not a large portion. Can be frustrating if you want to see a storyline through, but if you're just powerleveling alts through, the faster the better.

Sarcasm

About transmorg is there a website thats easy to find what gear I can use for xmorg? Like for a guardian/feral druid?

Also for JC..how do I learn meta recipes?

ch0mp

Question:

wowreforge, mr robot etc. There's plenty out there and they will put you right on the cap, if possible.

Also for JC..how do I learn meta recipes?
They only drop from mobs. By the time I was 90 I already had most of them.

Sarcasm

wowreforge, mr robot etc. There's plenty out there and they will put you right on the cap, if possible.

They only drop from mobs. By the time I was 90 I already had most of them.

Which ones are the meta recipes? Do I have your tag/id? *I think I do have them..they take primal diamonds? I have 14 meta recipes that use them.

Went in on a Sha of Anger group tonight, my first one, and got him in the first try. Super smooth. I was kinda shocked. What buffed my hooves though was the fact that I actually won Yaungol Slayer Gloves on top of the new boots from turning in the claw.

One of my guildies mentioned he didn't even have 496 gear yet to which I gave credit to declaring I was a friend of the Grummles (before the fight) so I had much fortune and luckydos on my side.

I'm sure it'll be a while before I see another piece but between that and getting a new crafted chest piece, it felt pretty good going from ilvl 444 to 451.

Tarazet

Went in on a Sha of Anger group tonight, my first one, and got him in the first try. Super smooth. I was kinda shocked. What buffed my hooves though was the fact that I actually won Yaungol Slayer Gloves on top of the new boots from turning in the claw.

One of my guildies mentioned he didn't even have 496 gear yet to which I gave credit to declaring I was a friend of the Grummles (before the fight) so I had much fortune and luckydos on my side.

I'm sure it'll be a while before I see another piece but between that and getting a new crafted chest piece, it felt pretty good going from ilvl 444 to 451.

My ilevel is 470 and I don't even have any 496 tier pieces. Every time I've tried to do Sha or Galleon, it's been hijacked by Alliance, and I'm not mentally ready for normal mode raids.

Robin64

Blizzard Patch Notes said:
Several classic Raid bosses now have a chance to drop new Battle Pets. The new pets can be obtained from bosses in Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Ahn'Qiraj, and Naxxramas.

Heck yeah!

Fjordson

Just got kicked from a Scarlet Halls heroic. No clue why. Whispered the tank from my realm asking why - no answer. I didn't get hit by the whirlwind or anything else dumb so a little confused. Wiped once the tank died with like 230K hp left on the boss.

Guess that's the only downside to random dungeon finder. Would at least like to know what I did so I can fix it (if there actually was anything wrong).

Acidote

We're slowly progressing. We'll try to clean up today and get to Elegon to start giving him trys. No luck so far with the drops.

Dresden

Enjoying the Blood tanking a lot, virtually soloing most dungeons; the perks of having a ilvl 425 axe at level 82, I guess.

TomServo

Just got kicked from a Scarlet Halls heroic. No clue why. Whispered the tank from my realm asking why - no answer. I didn't get hit by the whirlwind or anything else dumb so a little confused. Wiped once the tank died with like 230K hp left on the boss.

Guess that's the only downside to random dungeon finder. Would at least like to know what I did so I can fix it (if there actually was anything wrong).

Could just be low DPS.

Harlan can get frustrating if the DPS is bad. Had one group blame me (tank) for wiping when they took so long to burn Harlan that he whirlwinded three or four times, all while they completely ignored the adds. Had the boss and about eight adds up at the end.

I just dumped that group and re-queued.

Fjordson

Could just be low DPS.

Harlan can get frustrating if the DPS is bad. Had one group blame me (tank) for wiping when they took so long to burn Harlan that he whirlwinded three or four times, all while they completely ignored the adds. Had the boss and about eight adds up at the end.

I just dumped that group and re-queued.
I thought about that also, but I wasn't even the lowest DPS out of the three. We had a warrior way below me who was only 2-3k above the tank.

It's something that annoys me to no end with the random dungeon finder. It's a blessing in many ways and is super convenient, but sometimes you get people where it's almost like you're playing with bots. Absolutely zero communication from anyone, not a single word, and then I don't even get a response when I politely ask why I was kicked. And that was someone on my server. Forget about people from other servers who know they'll probably never run into you again and therefore aren't accountable for anything they do within the group.

At least call me out if I'm screwing up instead of this silent vote kick bullshit. That really achieves nothing (especially in a fucking heroic, as if it's some dire situation).

Alright, QQ'ing over.

Enosh

tier pants from sha, awesome
boots from lfr first part, the one thing I already have from normal, not so awesome :p

Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons.
best change ever

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm starting to wonder if you can get any loot in LFR without those damn gold coins. All i get is bags with 28g.

TomServo

Alright, QQ'ing over.

I don't think it's QQ, it's just the sad reality of the typical MMO player. You've got the typical passive aggressive bullshit, you've got some very vocal people that love to berate others because it makes them feel better about their sad offline lives, and all other types of general antisocial behavior.

It's the nature if the beast. I used to deal with this crap when I'd go to stores in the early 90's for pen-and-paper RPG supplies. Now it's gone online. I just figure I can deal with it to scratch my nerd itch or find something else to do.

Sarcasm

I'm starting to wonder if you can get any loot in LFR without those damn gold coins. All i get is bags with 28g.

I got 5 epics total from the first two LFRs.

4 from coins and one randomly landed in my bags. I am assuming the later was an auto roll (not using a coin).

JCizzle

I thought about that also, but I wasn't even the lowest DPS out of the three. We had a warrior way below me who was only 2-3k above the tank.

It's something that annoys me to no end with the random dungeon finder. It's a blessing in many ways and is super convenient, but sometimes you get people where it's almost like you're playing with bots. Absolutely zero communication from anyone, not a single word, and then I don't even get a response when I politely ask why I was kicked. And that was someone on my server. Forget about people from other servers who know they'll probably never run into you again and therefore aren't accountable for anything they do within the group.

At least call me out if I'm screwing up instead of this silent vote kick bullshit. That really achieves nothing (especially in a fucking heroic, as if it's some dire situation).

Alright, QQ'ing over.

Did you share armor/weapons with someone else from the run - I.e. you're a rogue and there was a monk. If so, they probably initiated it by typing 'shit heals' and people just click without looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom